2012 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2012 Week 5

We are now into week 5. We have one user game this week unless i find an Oklahoma replacement ASAP. If anyone has somebody let me know, and look around guys. We wrapped up conference challenge last week so now it is on to conference play.

Game of the Week:

#13 Florida St (the vredesbyrd) @ #2 Miami (bravejaf)

Next advance will be no later than monday at noon EST.

Schedule games on the forum and post all summaries here or in your threads.

Hiesman Watch:
    1. WR Justin Daugherty Texas
    2. WR Deion Walker Notre Dame
    3. WR Devon Smith Penn State
    4. WR Joshua Adams North Carolina
    5. HB David Wilson VA Tech

Good luck this week guys

2. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Funny how Daugherty is at the top of that list. He has only caught 1 pass this season.

3. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 52
    Baylor -23

Texas Wins Sloppy Rivalry Game Against Baylor

Garrett Gilbert played the worst game of his college career today. He threw 3 interceptions (1 pick 6) and was sacked 5 times. On a positive note, he did pass for 353 yards and 5 touchdowns. The Texas run game was non-existant as Baylor held the Longhorns to 66 rushing yards.

Baylor did not score an offensive touchdown until late in the 4th quarter when Bryce Petty hit Jarred Salubi with a 9 yard strike. The Bears also committed 3 turnovers. One was an interception on the first drive of the game that Marcus Davis returned 64 yards for the score.

Texas will have to reestablish the run-game next week if they hope to beat Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl for the Red River Shootout.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 45
    Minnesota- 35

Penn State was still hungover after losing their previous 2 games and struggled with Minnesota as the Golphers jumped out to a 35-16 halftime lead. The Nittany Lions can't find an answer at QB as the duo threw 6 picks. Penn State's running game is nonexsistent and the defense looks tired. This will be a long year if the Nittany Lions can't regroup as they enter Big 10 play.

5. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 38
    Stanford - 37

A week after missing two field goals in the fourth quarter in a loss to Miami, Oregon's kicker won back a few fans by making a field goal with 30 seconds left in regulation to end Stanford's upset bid and give the Ducks a 38-37 win.

Oregon could not stop Stanford's running game, but thanks to freshman defensive end Darrell Wilson, who had a school-record five sacks, the Cardinal passing attack was nonexsistant.

Leading the Ducks offense was senior running back LaMichael James who ran for 134 yards and two scores.

6. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Oklahoma 52
    Texas Tech 10

I did my best to keep this one close, but it was hopeless. Oklahoma had 484 yards to my 85. 16 first downs, a remarkable 70% third down conversion rate, 28 pancakes and 13 broken tackles was more than my defense could handle. With all that, the most telling stat is zero punts by Oklahoma.

There are 3 things that happen to me every game. The computer will break some kind of record. My HB will get knocked out at least twice. I will throw a pick, or fumble, and it will get returned for a TD. I am beginning to think my QB is so bad, that it makes the opposing teams corners better, and my receivers worse. When they do get open, there is a good chance Doege will throw a bad pass and miss him, the corner will find amazing makeup speed, and pick it off, or the receiver doesn't drop the ball.

Next up for the Red Raiders is Nebraska with the #8 rushing attack in the nation; should be a good one.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Inidiana 28
    Michigan 44

Michigan put on a strong rebound performance after the cruching defeat at the hands of Texas. Denard put up a combined 189 yards and 3 total TDs, including a 45 yard run. Michigan's defense picked up off Indiana QB Edward Wright Baker, including Isaiah Bell's 27 yard pick six midway in the third quarter.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hoping we advance soon so I can see how bad this loss hurt my team. I scheduled a bunch of recruits for this game but ended up losing. Normally I avoid scheduling recruits to a user game but this was my only home game until WEEK 9. This is the last time I join a dynasty with an ACC team. This same problem happened to be with UNC in OFFL East, week 7 was my first game and cost me 2 bonus recruits.

Note: Not blaming commish of this league, but I am blaming commish of real life ACC.

Note 2: I have 4 non-conference games this season and all 4 are on the road. I only play 4 home games the entire season. I'm going off the schedule I typed in my team thread, so I could be mistaken.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya, you can bet you will have 3 non conference home games next year, the only one that may be a road game is the conference challenge depending on who has homefield advantage next year.