2012 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 12, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Tuesday 12/14 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Monday 12/13 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 5!

=============== #17 Arizona Wildcats (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Seattle to face the #6 Washington Huskies (4-0).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 17-3 against Cincinnati (2-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to University Park to face the #13 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Cory Sims has committed to Central Michigan

=============== #4 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #7 Wisconsin (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Reynaldo Cook has committed to Florida

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 25-16 against Oregon (1-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host Kansas State (2-1).

=============== Missouri Tigers (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Missouri lost 41-28 against Miami (2-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Colorado (2-2).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 42-31 against Ohio State (2-0).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Kansas (3-1).

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 42-31 against Nebraska (0-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to East Lansing to face the #25 Michigan State Spartans (2-2).

=============== Oregon Ducks (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 25-16 against Texas A&M (2-2).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Stanford to face the #22 Stanford Cardinal (2-2).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 17-3 against UCLA (3-0).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Athens to face the Georgia Bulldogs (3-0).

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 45-42 against Wisconsin (3-1).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Baylor (2-0).

=============== #14 UCLA Bruins (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 17-3 against Oregon State (1-2).
    This week, the Bruins will host Cal (2-0).

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 45-42 against Texas (3-0).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Iowa City to face the #4 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0).

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Recc, can you set me to auto? Tough one for me against Stanford.

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

University Park isn't actually a town - it's just a section of State College, PA where the university buildings are located and keep their address.

Only reason I know that is I considered going there for school. Took a campus tour and everything. Got more scholarships locally though, so I stayed home.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 52
    Baylor 0

No Goodwin, No Problem: Texas Crushes Rival Baylor
    [​IMG]

Kick-off return duty was taken over by FS Mike Heinz who returned the opening kick off 88 yards for the TD. Texas Defense bottled up the baylor spread attack forcing 2 turnovers and holding Baylor to 222 yards of offense. After struggling with the running game for the first 3 quarters, the Longhorn second unit showed the starters how its done with 21 4th quarter points and a far more effective ground attack.

Texas invited 9 recruits to visit this weekend and the program hopes they were impressed with the LongHorns ability to crush one of their in state rivals.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I forgot to hit ready to advance, but I am.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

K-State 24 @ Texas A&M 27 OT

The Aggies gave away a second half 14-0 lead and nearly the game after Qb Tommy Dorman fumbled twice in the 4th quarter to literally hand over the lead. K-State took advantage of a terrific second half by RB Jarrell Childs, as he ran for 149 yards and a touchdown in the final minute. But then Dorman and the Aggies came up with a proverbial miracle. Connecting on 2 passes, with a sack sandwiched in between, moving quickly into the endzone to tie it up.

In Overtime the defense forced a field goal attempt that slipped over the crossbar. Then the offense took a mere play to score the game winner to the left corner of the endzone. "We did some motion things on that play that we hadn't really shown" said Dorman. "Got the matchup we wanted and the zone never really accounted for him. I was able to hold the safety and after that it was a pretty easy throw."

When asked if there was a thought about going for two to win it in regulation, Coach Davis replied: "Yes we thought about it. Absolutely. On the road we probably would've done it. But our defense was playing so well today for the most of it, I just wanted to give them a chance. They deserved a chance, and they did the job. Got the sack, and the corners did a great job in the one on one situations today. Regardless, we gotta finish better than that next week, and from now on."

For K-State, this is a sour loss after the unbelievable 21 point 4th quarter that saw them steal the game, only to drop it on the way home. "That's heartbreaking. We just can't dwell on it. We got the running game going and put together a great 15 minutes. Just couldn't hold on. This would've been a momentous victory for us" said the Wildcat coach.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cal - 0
    UCLA - 27

Dont know what has gotten into my defense this season but Im liking it! 3 out of 4 games we've allowed 6 points or less. Not much time to celebrate as the Bruins head to the desert to take on the Arizona Wildcats in a key Pac10 game.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You got it...have fun in Lost Wages!

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Got it, thanks

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin bounces hack after their first loss of the year, with a Statement win over rival Iowa. The game began to fall apart for Coach Omega from the get go, as the first pass from scrimmage was picked off by MLB Borland. This was soon followed by a Phillips TD throw to TE Robinson, and the rout was on. A nice 64 yard White run would set up a 1 yard TG run for Williams making it 14-0. The next Iowa drive, Borland got his 2nd INT of the game, folowed by a White TD. From then on, no Badger QB would throw a pass (3 total were thrown). Iowa's offense was stuck in neutral all game, and it didnt help that the recievers were dropping passes left and right (7 total drops). At half, it was 31-0, and the skill position players were given a breather (they need a mass sub option on user games). Iowa was able to get on the board late, as a Davis 55 yard catch would set up a 14 yard TD throw from Vandernburg to Shumpert. But that was all the Hawkeyes could muster. "I am very pleased with how our oline dominated the trenches today. The past 2 games, I wasnt very pleased with our blocking. We hit those sleds hard in practice, and it sure showed tonight." - Coach Mexi. The stats show it, as the Badger backfield racked up 361 yards on the ground, consuming 21 of the 32 minutes in the game. "Iowa just didnt have anything go ther way tonight. They are still a top notch team, and I see them bouncing back quickly". Now is Wisconsin's chance to strike revenge on the Wolvorines of Michigan, who have beaten the Badgers 2 years in a row.

#7 Wisconsin 41 - #4 Iowa 7

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

sorry about missing my write up this week - finals got the best of me.

doing the big ten postweek thing now. will have everything there. finished with finals / class now until january though.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No worries man. Were moving pretty quick lately and I know we get behind (like myself with just about everything).

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Beavers 24
    Georgia Bulldogs 17

The Oregon State Beavers used a sneaky passing attack to defeat the Georgia Bulldogs. QB Sean Mannion hit TE Colby Prince on three big pass plays, the first was a 74 pass touchdown pass in the first quarter, then right before the halftime Mannion again hit Prince for a 39 yard touchdown pass making the score 21-14. Then right before the end of the third quarter Mannion hit Prince again for a 34 yard gain putting the ball inside the Bulldogs 5 yardline, setting up a field goal that extended the Beavers lead to 10 points.

On the defense side of the ball, the Beavers' defense recorded four sacks of QB Andy Murray. In addition the Beavers defense intercepted Murray twice during the game. The star of the defense was once again DE Andrew Seumalo who sacked Murray 3 times.

I must say, I am involved in a number of dynasties, and this Beaver front 4 is the best I have had in this game. My team has recorded 18 sacks, Seumalo has 9 by himself, and I am not controlling any of these lineman. I am pretty Recchem and Cheez will agree my defensive line is outstanding.