2012 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 30, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 6

2012 Week 6!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Tuesday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    2 2 Clemson (22)
    6 6 Florida
    8 8 Tennessee
    11 13 Virginia
    13 15 Auburn
    14 16 Georgia
    15 17 VaTech
    19 11 UNC
    22 -- Alabama

NR LSU, Maryland, FSU
    Ha, now the unrated teams are mostly ACC.

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    There's big games all around the South this week.

LSU at #6 Florida
    The loss of starting HB M. Gillislee really hurts the Gators offense. The #2 HB might still be out of commission as well. That could be disaster.

LSU is coming off a big win over UNC. Russell Shephard is putting up crazy numbers. However, winning in the Swamp is never an easy task.

#14 Georgia at #22 Alabama
    Georgia is getting the ball rolling with new head coach Colemanchu. Sr WR Marlon Brown is the player to watch this week.

Bama has finally righted the ship and climbed back into the top 25 for the first time since early last season. Will they be able to stay there? QB Star Jackson has finally got it going, but he'll need to keep it going if he wants to upset the Bulldogs at home.

#15 VaTech at #19 UNC
    VaTech is showing a potent ground game this year. Led by QB Exum and HB RW Sweetness, the VaTech offense hasn't been tested yet. That will change this week on Chapel Hill.

UNC is coming off a horrible loss at LSU last week. The players and coaches will have extra motivation coming into this weeks game, as if they need it playing against VaTech. The Hokies have had the Tar Heels number so far. Will Coach Jello finally solve the Hokie riddle?

Heisman Watch
    Parker's heisman candidacy is looking brighter after a stellar performance.

Player of the Week
    LSU QB Russell Shephard, 12/17, 365 yds, 17 car, 66 yds, 4 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    K. Parker QB Clem 20/21, 320 yds, 4 TDs, 12 car, 24 yds
    M. Brown WR UGA 8 rec, 143 yds, 2 TDs
    J. Brown WR UVA 8 rec, 236 yds, 3 TDs
    C. Dukes HB PSU 24 car, 80 yds, 2 TDs, 4 rec, 51 yds
    J. Reed QB UF 15/24, 308 yds, 16 car, 13 yds, 5 TDs

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well Auburn hangs around the top 15, a ranking thats probably overrated and we will see between the weeks of 8 through 12 to see if they have improved and can right the UNC loss.

3. KnightNoles

*As an analyst this week and not a coach

Knight's tidbits​

LSU at #6 Florida
    Gotta go with Florida still, especially at home but without their number 1 back and potentially their #2. Shepard has been on a tear right now and has to play a perfect game for the Tigers to walk in the swamp and win
    Florida by 6

#14 Georgia at #22 Alabama
    Bama's top 25 ranking wont last long as the Bulldogs will take care of business behind Cole's track record and Alabama still needs to find more consistency out of their players.
    Georgia by 10

#15 VaTech at #19 UNC
    Tech's new love for the ground game has powered them to a 4-0 record while UNC's coach has been ho-hum about his team with a record of 3-2. UNC defense will get it done this week and the Tar Heels will be the team that will control the ground.
    UNC by 6

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Thanks for the love but my track record is that I am consistently inconsistent. I'm sure I have won less than half my user games.

5. KnightNoles

well ya know... from T1 and I updated it

6. GoGators

Nice contribution noles. I like it.

It looks like my #2 Wilkinson will be a go this week but he's really not ready for the big stage. He definitely needed another year as a backup. Well an injury has thrust him into the spotlight, so sink or swim my boy!

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Georgia goes into Tuscaloosa and shuts down the Tide 20-6. This was a defensive game as the Tide didnt make it into their opponents red zone a single time. Going to bed now expect a full report tomorrow evening.

8. KnightNoles

be clutch if we could advance tomorrow night, just sayin................

9. KnightNoles

Tigers dominate Hogs

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    ARK 0 0 6 6 12
    AUB 7 7 10 14 38

Auburn, AL-- The Tigers used another balanced attack to beat the Razorbacks as the team rushed for 240 and passed for 234. Andrew Miller was 9-16 234 yards and 2 TDs. Onterio McCalebb led the rushing attack with 27 carries for 161 yards. Jamar Paris, :RS:Fresh, is starting to establish himself as a go to receiver; he finished the game with 3 receptions 142 yards a 47.3 average. Reggie Taylor and DaShaun Barnes led the defense with 10 tackles apiece. The Tigers host Vanderbilt next week before facing LSU.

[YOUTUBE]qeug7RfDqxw[/YOUTUBE]
    1st play: 0:02 before halftime, Paris goin' up to get it
    2nd play: blocked XP

Player Stats

Passing
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Andrew Miller 220.3 9 16 234 2 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Onterio McCalebb 27 161 5.9 0
    Dontae Aycock 7 34 4.8 1
    Andrew Miller 6 6 1.0 0
    Josh Arnold 4 23 5.7 0
    Melvin Jones 3 14 4.6 1
    Jake Jones 2 2 1.0 1

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg TD
    Craig Medlock 4 83 20.7 1
    Jamar Paris 3 142 47.3 0
    Beau Reliford 1 8 8.0 1
    Emory Blake 1 1 1.0 0

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Reggie Taylor 10 0 0 0 0 0 0
    DaShaun Barnes 10 2 0 0 0 0 0
    Terrance Coleman 6 3 2 0 0 0 0

Offensive Player of Game
    Onterio McCalebb & Jamar Paris
    Defensive Player of Game
    DaShaun Barnes​

10. GoGators

I can honestly say that's the first time I've seen a FG get blocked in this game.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I had a XP blocked myself...I was like whaaaa??

I wish ST was a bit more of a factor in terms of blocked FG's, and such.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

While no one has been nearly as critical of my team than me, I would never call my LSU loss anything remotely close to horrible. I went on the road to play a team that was vastly superior to mine and I lost by 1 score. If there's any such thing as a moral victory, that was it.

13. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 38
    North Carolina- 3

The Hokies D finally showed up holding the Tarheels to 197yds, 3-8 on 3rd down, and causing 3 turnovers. Virginia Tech's dominant ground game continued churning out 345yds. David Wilson led the way with 134yds 2 TD, Sweetness added 107yds, and Antone Exum chipped in with 95yds 2 TD. Exum showed off his arm early completing a 56yd TD pass to Dyrell Roberts on the Hokies opening drive to set the tone. Virginia Tech's D was a bend but don't break this afternoon, not giving up the big play and stopping the Heels on 3rd down. The Hokies take the early lead in the Coastal division. The Hokies face an underated Florida State team next.

56yd Exum TD pass

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16415743

89yd Wilson TD run

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16415934

14. GoGators

WoW!!!!!

15. jello1717

UNC gets thumped by VT. Here are some of the lovelier plays of the game:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16415931
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16415917
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16415862 (this one's my personal favorite. At least even Hokie felt bad about that one so he ran out of bounds - after a 9 yard gain)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16415841 (I couldn't find a good angle of this one, but after breaking 2 tackles, Exum is wrapped up another guy and then pitches it through another defender for a 15 yard gain against my 2nd team defense)

Good stuff!

16. GoGators

That last one is really bad too. We may need to address this.

On a side note, why are the jersey's different in Hokies video posts and Jello's?

Ya know it's not even so bad that the pitch comes out late, but if you watch the UNC players, none of them respond to the pitch. They all continue to pursue the QB. Then the HB has nobody to beat. It looks really bad.

17. jello1717

In UvU games your opponent sees your default uniforms regardless of what colors you choose.

I really hope they fix this for '11.

18. Hokie Effect

I picked my goodluck orange top and maroon bottom. I guess the cpu recognized it and let jello play with the natural home/away jerseys on his screen which would be different than what I was playing on. Never knew it did that.

I think the only real bad pitch was the one a did run out of bounds. The last one Exum just broke tackles and than pitched it. I guess being on the other end of it I might be a tad upset as well. Neither one of us put the video of my rahtarded pitch I did that was picked off and almost ran back for 6.

But despite all that I don't think a few questionable pitches were the difference at all. I am not trying to start anything, but UNC's offense did not show up today and I think we can agree on that.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    UVA- 31, NCstate- 14

- My team had the case of the dropsies...it's like they were scared of NCState. My top WR, Javaris Brown had 6 catches for 141 yards and a TD but he dropped 4 PASSES! The other starter, Tim Smith had 3 DROPS! Wow. I had 9 on total and it led to a 17/36 passing day for Smalls (threw for 315 yards). Lovante Battle picked off another pass on the game as well! I'm still very concerned about my team with the passing defense and now these damn drops.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Scoring Summary
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th End[/B]
    UGA 3 3 0 14 20
    BAMA 0 3 0 3 6

Game Statistics
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UGA​
    BAMA​
    Score
    20​
    6​
    First Downs
    15​
    10​
    Total Offense
    296​
    164​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    22-55-1​
    24-28-0​
    Comp-Att-TD
    20-24-0​
    14-23-0​
    Passing Yards
    245​
    136​
    3rd Down Conv
    4-9(44)​
    2-11(18)​
    Turnovers
    0​
    1​
    Possesion
    15:49​
    12:34​

Passing Stats
    Player Cmp Att Yards TD INT[/B]
    Z Metenberger 20 24 245 0 0
    S Jackson 14 23 136 0 1

Rushing Stats
    Player Att Yards Avg TD[/B]
    D Jackson 5 25 5.0 0
    S Jackson 13 15 1.1 0

Receiving Stats
    Player Cth Yards Avg TD[/B]
    O Charles 6 108 16.8 0
    K Kelly 4 55 13.7 0

Tuscaloosa, AL-- Georgia strutted into Alabama feeling good about themselves. Little had been done to stop them all year and they had been bringing the wood on defense.

Neither team would seperate themselves in the first half as Alabama made the game 3-6 Bulldogs with 18 seconds left in the half. Both teams did little on offensive as they tried to find what would be effective against the other 11. Georgia was able to move the ball well in the first half but had to settle for two field goals of less than 30 yards.

The first touchdown came early in the fourth quarter as Georgia junior quarterback Zack Mettenberger scrambled in from 7 yards out. The Bulldogs signal caller was able to show off his whole compliment of skills on the drive while running and throwing for the majority of the teams yards.

Alabama answered quickly with a drive of their own that stalled as they settled for a field goal. Georgia received the ball with a 13-6 lead and around five minutes left. Their strategy on offense changed as they started to run the ball with surprising success. The team ground out not only yards but time as well setting up a 36 yard field goal with two minutes left. Georgia freshman kick Rucker shanked the kick wide left though giving the Tide final hope.

Star Jackson did his best to keep his team alive, dodging a sack and completing a pass on fourth and long. However after dropping several interceptions throughout the game the Georgia secondary stepped up. Senior corner back Commings intercepted a Jackson pass and returned it to the end zone to seal the game.

Offensive Key: Just keep improving.

Defensive Key: Catch the god damn ball!

21. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

What may have happened on that last pitch in my opinion, Jello may have set his team to focus on the QB on the pitch which might attribute to this. I know that's what he did against me because he was getting credit for stuffing the option.

22. Hokie Effect

It never said anything about stuffing the option, but I thought we weren't allowed to modify the game plan settings.

Just the big match up in the Swamp left this week. I am taking the underdog LSU in a close game. Sheppard is the real deal and hasn't been stopped all year.

And what did the Maryland coaching staff say to their players...they rung up 70 on the #25 team in the nation. Not bad for a 1-4 team.

23. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Yea. I had a great game. My qb had one of the best game's I've ever seen played by a QB(9 TD passes!). It was unreal! I'll try to get in a write up sometime tonight. Don't have too much time. Working on a huge term paper i've got do next week. Sorry guys

24. GoGators

1) We are allowed to use the gameplan settings but only the conservative ones.

2) The matchup in the Swamp is scheduled for Tuesday 9pm EST. Tried to get it in yesterday but we couldn't and that's the next time both of us can get together.

25. jello1717

I had them playing the pitch man.

I couldn't find it in the rules section, but we're not allowed to use aggressive gameplan settings.