2012 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2012 Week 6

We are now into week 6. Will pry have no user games this week unless somebody takes over Oklahoma. Let's get all summaries posted this week after you play your games.

Game of the Week:

#3 Oklahoma @ #1 Texas (cnic75)

I want to advance Weds morning since i will be out of town weds night, if not we are looking at a thurs afternoon advance so let's try to get our games in asap.

Hiesman Watch:
    1. WR Deion Walker Notre Dame
    2. WR Devon Smith Penn St
    3. HB David Wilson VA tech
    4. WR Justin Daughtery Texas
    5. QB Dayne Crist Notre Dame

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State - 37
    Wake Forest - 21

Wil Secord had his breakout game!! Did the 'Noles find a passing game? Holy crap!!

More in Game summaries

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    UM @ IOWA

UM 17
    IOWA 40

Michigan lays a dud on the road again losing by 23 at Kinnick Stadium. Denard Robinson, forced to put the ball in the air 48 times thanks to the early deficit, throws four more interceptions. three of his interceptions were thanks in part to the 12 drops credited to his receivers in the game. Big play threat Je'ron Stokes dropped 4 balls by himself, three of which were on third down. Freshman Shane Lane gave up his redshirt to come into the game and record four receptions in the second half.

The Michigan defense came out hitting the Hawkeyes hard and often. Unfortunately for the Wolverine defenders they were called for 4 roughing the passer penalties in the first half which turned incompletions into first downs.

4. Hova

With the new addition of Nebraska we now have a user game this week:

Nebraska (badgerme3) vs Texas Tech (CWHarris1)

So let's get that scheduled guys

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will get my game played tonight and I should be able to get my team summary page updated today.

6. Hova

[​IMG]

#4 USC 52

Cal 7

"USC travels to Cal and dominates the golden bears. Led by QB Matt Barkley and his 3 TD passes the offense was unstoppable. The key to the blowout was the 5 INTs thrown by the Cal QB. The defense was 3 and out all day aside from one large run by the Bears. SS Richardson led the defense with 2 INTs, one captured above in the photo. The Trojans head back to the Coliseum next week to host Stanford in another pac-10 Matchup."

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State sits on a Bye. Pleased to find out the #1 recruit (a Guard) in the nation had decided to play ball with them.

8. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 38
    Oklahoma - 21

Texas Pulls Out Another Close Victory

Texas and Oklahoma both played a sloppy game. Each team committed 3 turnovers in the annual Red River Shootout. Oklahoma threw 3 interceptions while threw 2 and lost 1 fumble.

The Sooner defense harrassed Garrett Gilbert all throughout the day; sacking him 4 times. The swarming defense led to him completing only 18 of 32 passes for 256. Gilbert was still able to connect on 3 passes to the endzone bringing his season total to 13. Chris Whaley led the Longhorn running backs with 65 yards on 11 carries and 1 score. Dan Buckner finally had a breakout game; catching 8 passes for 133 yards and 1 touchdown.

The Texas defense was led by J.Johnson. He had 6 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack, and 2 interceptions. Calvin Howell added the only other sack for the Longhorns. Texas held Oklahoma to 8 first downs and 3 for 11 on 3rd down.

The Longhorns next host Missouri in Austin.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 37
    Wisconsin- 31

The Nittany Lions survived OT with a pick 6 by Jack Crawford to survive a Big 10 scare from the Badgers. Penn State had successful day in the air as Matt McGloin threw for 394yds 4 TD and only 1 INT. Devon Smith continued his Heisman campaign with 165tds 1 TD. The defense struggled giving up big plays, but were able to force 2 TO's and hold Wisconsin to 30% on 3rd Down.
    Penn State travels to Purdue next.

Crawford's Pick 6 in OT

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16931664

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Nebraska 34 Texas Tech 23

[​IMG]
    Texas Tech WR Jacoby Franks has a big day in a losing effort

Texas Tech QB, Seth Doege, played the best game of his career, but a pair of costly interceptions give the Red Raiders their 4th loss of the season. A third quarter pick 6, and an int in the end zone with less than 1 minute to play sink Tech's hopes of an upset at home. WR Jacoby Franks pulled in 7 catches for 143 yards, and freshman sensation, SS Tony Harris, forced another special teams fumble late in the third to keep the game close.

Good game Badger.

The Red Raiders have a bye week before hosting #1 Texas. Can't wait to see the spread on that one.

11. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

Texas Tech vs. Nebraska - Week 6 2012-2013

[​IMG]

The cornhuskers took on the Red Raiders in Coach Badger's first game as Nebraska's head coach after Bo Pelini was removed after not paying parking tickets for a year in Lincoln. The university said they didn't want a blackeye from the situation and Badger was picked out of the blue after an amazing interview with the administration where he showed his passion for recruiting and football.

Nebraska entered the game as slight favorites, but still didn't know what to expect from the rookie coach. The Huskers got off to a rocky start as they received the ball and quickly went 3 and out. Texas Tech then took control and drove down the field. It looked like the team was affected by the media blitz, but suddenly there was a change in momentum. Nebraska was able to hold the Red Raiders to just 3 points from inside their own 5 yard line. This was the turning point of the game and showed that the defense was going to be stout all day.

On the next drive, starting quarterback, junior, Cody Green took the Huskers down the field. They converted on a key 4th and inches from the Red Raiders 36, then were able to cruise into the red zone. The Huskers again faced a crucial 4th and 2 from the 2. Not wanting to settle for just a field goal, Coach Badger decided to send his troops out. Green was able to hit Antonio Bell across the middle for a touchdown just as the blitz arrived at Green.

Texas Tech answered with a field goal with just 3:04 left in the half. Green once again drove the Huskers down the field and sophomore fullback Matt Cade burst up the middle from 10 yards out for the second Nebraska touchdown of the game.

Texas Tech was held to a quick 3 and out and Nebraska called timeout with just 33 seconds left. Nebraska got the ball back and quickly drove to the Red Raider 30 and hit a 47 yard field goal to put Nebraska up 17-6 at the half.

[​IMG]

In the second half, Texas Tech came out firing. However, it backfired as senior OLB Sean Fisher intercepted the Seth Doege pass and returned it to the house for the pick 6. It was 47 yards in all. Nebraska was up 24-6 and it looked to be over.

Texas Tech was able to get a field goal to get it to 24-9. Then Nebraska turned it over on the ensuing kickoff and the Red Raiders returned it to the Nebraska 10. They punched it in with a 10 yard pass from Doege to cut it to 24-16.

However, from there Nebraska was able to hang on for the victory. Doege was picked off on the Nebraska 10 yard line in the end zone by junior CB Dijon Washington to preserve the victory.

Nebraska 34, Texas Tech 23

Key Stats
    Nebraska
    *C. Green - 12/16 170 yards 1 TD, 11 carries 73 yards
    R. Burkhead - 11 carries 46 yards, 3 catches 8 yards
    M. Cade - 3 carries 15 yards 1 TD
    A. Bell - 4 catches 56 yards 1 TD
    J. Johnson - 4 catches 82 yards 1 TD
    C. Williams - 10 tackles 2 TFL 1 Sack
    S. Fisher - 6 tackles 1 INT 1 TD

Texas Tech
    S. Doege - 25/39 327 yards 2 TD 2 INT
    H. Jeffers - 8 carries -1 yards, 4 catches 30 yards
    J. Franks - 7 catches 143 yards 1 TD
    C. Douglas - 5 catches 56 yards
    G. Griffin - 3 catches 17 yards
    T. Foster - 9 tackles
    J. Paul - 8 tackles 2 TFL
    N. Benson - 5 tackles 2 TFL 1 Sack

12. Hova

Great job gettin the games in everyone, we will be advancing as soon as tmac gets his game in

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 44
    Duke 6

Despite the score I'm not happy with my offense in this game. QB play was terrible throughout the game and I am currently undecided on my starter for next week's game. I played 3 quarterbacks in this game, technically 4 but last guy only played to run out clock. Starter Cook was terrible, he fumbled once and threw 2 interceptions. Smith didn't turn the ball over but completed under 50% of his passes. The best quarterback was probably Highsmith but he only saw limited action.

On the positive side the run game and defense were strong once again. James had a decent game, rushing for 90 yards and a TD. Defense forced a safety and scored a TD on a pick six. The defense and special teams are why I scored 44 points. Offense kept getting the ball inside opponent's 25 yard line.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 44
    Duke 6

Despite the score I'm not happy with my offense in this game. QB play was terrible throughout the game and I am currently undecided on my starter for next week's game. I played 3 quarterbacks in this game, technically 4 but last guy only played to run out clock. Starter Cook was terrible, he fumbled once and threw 2 interceptions. Smith didn't turn the ball over but completed under 50% of his passes. The best quarterback was probably Highsmith but he only saw limited action.

On the positive side the run game and defense were strong once again. James had a decent game, rushing for 90 yards and a TD. Defense forced a safety and scored a TD on a pick six. The defense and special teams are why I scored 44 points. Offense kept getting the ball inside opponent's 25 yard line.

15. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 52
    Washington - 35

The Washington Huskies gave the Oregon defense a scare but the Ducks defense was more than up to the challenge thanks to a career game from senior QB Darron Thomas.

Thomas threw for 280 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for 43 yards in the victory. Junior wide out Diante Jackson had 4 receptions for 54 yards and a score, but it was his play on special teams that stood out as the speedy Jackson had over 200 kick return yards and two scores.

Not to be out done, M. Gaines, the other starting WR, had 8 grabs for 133 yards while senior running back LaMichael James ran for 153 yards and a touchdown. James is second in the NCAA in rushing yards.