2012 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 14, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Thursday 12/16 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Wednesday 12/15 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If someone can copy and paste the wire crap for me I would appreciate it. Couldnt get to it last night and now at work EA sites are blocked.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Welcome to Week 6!

#15 Arizona Wildcats (3-1)
    Last week, Arizona won 24-17 against Washington (4-1).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #14 UCLA (4-0).

Illinois Fighting Illini (3-2)
    Last week, Illinois lost 34-31 against Penn State (4-0).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #8 Iowa (3-1).

#8 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1)
    Last week, Iowa lost 41-7 against Wisconsin (4-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Brandon Thomas has committed to Arizona State

Texas A&M Aggies (3-2)
    Last week, Texas A&M won 27-24 against Kansas State (2-2).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT John Sanders has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) WR Dan Dawson has committed to Texas
    - (****) RG Mike Gardner has committed to Texas A&M

Missouri Tigers (1-3)
    Last week, Missouri won 42-13 against Colorado (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Joe Martinez has committed to UCLA
    - (****) SS Mitch Young has committed to UCLA

Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-3)
    Last week, Nebraska won 39-36 against Kansas (3-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Maurice Henderson has committed to Nebraska

#2 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0)
    Last week, Ohio State won 48-0 against Michigan State (2-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #12 Penn State (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Will Casey has committed to Notre Dame

Oregon Ducks (1-4)
    Last week, Oregon lost 14-10 against Stanford (3-2).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Seattle to face the #13 Washington Huskies (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Sidney George has committed to UCLA
    - (****) LG Clint Kidd has committed to Texas

Oregon State Beavers (2-2)
    Last week, Oregon State won 24-17 against Georgia (3-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Fort Worth to face the #6 TCU Horned Frogs (4-0).

#1 Texas Longhorns (4-0)
    Last week, Texas won 52-0 against Baylor (2-1).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #25 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Aaron Hamilton has committed to LSU
    - (****) C Paul Madison has committed to Texas
    - (****) LG Clint Kidd has committed to Texas
    - (****) TE Chris Byrd has committed to Texas
    - (****) WR Dan Dawson has committed to Texas
    - (****) RE Drew Garcia has committed to Texas
    - (****) QB Brian Holman has committed to Texas

#14 UCLA Bruins (4-0)
    Last week, UCLA won 27-0 against Cal (2-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tucson to face the #15 Arizona Wildcats (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB James Perkins has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RE Sam Ross has committed to UCLA
    - (****) SS Mitch Young has committed to UCLA
    - (****) FS Joe Martinez has committed to UCLA
    - (****) TE Adam Wallace has committed to UCLA
    - (****) HB Sidney George has committed to UCLA

#4 Wisconsin Badgers (4-1)
    Last week, Wisconsin won 41-7 against Iowa (3-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #10 Michigan Wolverines (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Danny Cook has committed to Wisconsin

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks Jay

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

hell of a week recruiting for ya recchem

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hell yeah, I cleaned up! That 27-0 victory over Cal must have really impressed those kids. Im looking at a really good class this year. So dont any of yous leave this OD until these guys are Seniors! ;)

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 45
    Oklahoma 10

Red River Rout

Dispite 5 turnovers, Texas manhandles their Oklahoma Rivals. Starting QB Gilbert and HB Newton ran 23 times for a combined 23 yards and 4 fumbles while the rest of the team managed 186 yards and on 15 carries. Consistant yardage from the running game has been a problem the long horns will need to address if they want to capture a national title.

Gilbert had a great day passing going 20/28 for 391 3 TD and 1 int. DeSean Hales picked up the slack for the injured Goodwin racking up 160 yards and 1 TD on 10 Catches, as well as breaking off a 59 yard TD run.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Uh-Oh, the Bruisn signed some players. Maybe one day OSU will sign someone?

9. Jayrah

:D

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

glad im going to be on painkillers tomorrow after that ass beating I got from Iowa. 59-29. Write up tomorrow or thursday, depending on how I feel.

One note - My first and second string running backs were both injured in this game. My third string HB is my third string HB. He too, would be injured in this game. My fourth string HB is my backup QB. Fortunately, he stayed alive.

Also, I have no pass defense. At all. Period.

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin extracts their revenge on the Wolverines in dramatic fashion coming back from a 34-17 3rd quarter deficit. When QB Dernard Robinson went down on the first drive of the game with an injury, most would have thought the the big play ability of the Wolverines would be limited. HB Smith definitely picked up the slack. What stated out as a nicely placed punt putting the Wolverines on their 2 yard line ended up turning into a 98 yard TD run for Smith. He found the whole and just used pure speed after breaking a tackle. The Badger D was shell shocked at how fast the kid was. The Badgers were then able to score on a fake FG to tie it up. "I felt it was a good time to call it. If it didnt work, they would have been at their own 10." Coach Mexi on his gutsy playcalling. A frantic rush for points was put on at the end of the first half, as a total of 24 points were scored in 2:30. It started with a HB Screen to Michigan HB Moses, who broke a tackle, then broke away from a gang tackle of 7, yes 7, Badger defenders taking it to the house for 81 yards on a two play drive. The Badgers counterd with their own big play, as QB Phillips hit WR Williams on a drag route, got a nice block on the edge by WR Hammond, B-buttoned by a safety, and left everyone in the dust for a 76 yard score. That drive also only lasted 2 plays. Michigan would take a longer drive (8 plays) to score again on a QB Gardner pass to Moses, yet again. Phillips was then able to muster out 3 big pass plays and allowed for a FG right before the half, with the score Michigan 27-17. The opening drive of the half, Phillips would fumble the ball on an option play, and Micihgan ran it back all the way for a TD. With the score now 38-17, the run happy Badgers, who only thre the ball 3 times in their previous game, would rely on the arm of Phillips. Phillips pulled the entire team to the sideline during a commercial break, and gave a Tim Tebow-esque speech, saying "We will win this game. I am not losing to this team for 3 straight years." Williams would help the cause, as he reeled in 2 more TDs, giving him 226 yards and 3 scores. The Badger D nuetralized the speed of Smith, who had 204 yards rushing, and didnt allow the Wolverines past the 50 yard line the entire 2nd half. But with time running low, Phillips missed a wide open Duckworth on 4th down, handing Michigan the ball with 3:11 in the game. Inexplicably, though, they went for the kill, throwing to the endzone on their second play. They only killed themselves, as FS Feaster picked it off, and gave Wisconsin life. The senior Phillips would march the offense down the field, running for a first on thrid and long and connecting with Ducky for the game winner. Michigan's last drive ended before it began as true freshman CB Scott intercepted Gardner. Phillips after the game - "I just didnt want to see us lose this game. We still have a shot at everything we wanted to accomplish. I told this team to follow my lead, and to believe in themselves. Phillips ended the day with 442 yards (school record) and 4 TDs, no INTs, and even 73 yards rushing. On his running - "People forget that I'm a pretty fast guy. I ran some track in high school to stay in shape."

#4 Wisconsin 38 - #10 Michigan 34

12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

OSU 31
    TCU 30

TCU dominated the first half of this game jumping out to a 17-3 lead over the Beavers. TCU QB Casey Pachall was like Dan Marino. He got the ball out of his hand fast preventing the OSU pass rushers from sacking him. The Beavers sacked Pachall 3 times with Seumalo and Masainai each getting 1 sack a piece. However, in the second half the Beavers picked it up a notch, especially when starting QB Steve Mannion got hurt, and the Beavers brought in former starter Ryan Katz. Katz led the Beavers to three scoring drives in the second half. The Beavers made several big plays one of which was at the start of the fourth quarter when Katz hit Markus Wheaton for a 52 yard TD pass that gave the Beavers their first lead. This was a tremendous play by Wheaton because the defensive back tipped the ball as it was coming down. Then on the Horn Frogs next possesion Pachall fumbled the ball on a option play with the Beavers recovering it. This was a common theme throughout the game. It may have been hard for the Beavers to sack Pachall, but Pachall made many mistakes throwing two interceptions, and fumbling the ball twice. After OSU scored another touchdown, the Horn Frogs fought back scoring two touchdowns. However, with the money on the line the kicker missed the extra point giving the Beavers the one point win.

13. Jayrah

Whatever tweaks have been made by Rec are making for some fantastic finishes lately. I like the excitement in the league right now.

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Hey guys, I started my game this afternoon, but then my wife came home from work about an hour early. I was still in the first quarter, no score. In the interest of household harmony, I shut down the xbox (seeing as I just got back from Vegas, 12 hours late, and we hadn't spoken yet). I can restart tonight, if its cool, or I can take the sim. Either way is cool.

15. Jayrah

Texas A&M 21 @ Iowa State 20

The Aggies put another heart attack into their fans, but pulled their record to 4-2 with a victory over a very game Iowa State squad. The Cyclones fought impressively, out to a 20-7 late 3rd quarter lead, before being rallied on. To put into perspective the 1 point final, one should note that the Aggies also ended the final drive on the 1 yard line, running out the time without putting 7 more on the defeated Cyclones. "It speaks to the character of our boys" Coach Davis said. "Not just the comeback, but the fact that we had a play called, and our leader, and the guy who deserved the touchdown the most (running back Christine Michael), called it off to run out the time. Class act."

It started with Iowa State marching on the arm of Jerome Tiller, time and time again, as he started 20 for 23 and was really making the ISU offense look unstoppable. But then 2 redzone fumble recoveries and an interception by an opportunistic Aggie defense, turned all the momentum. And the offense was good enough to finish the job with 2 late touchdowns. "We never panicked. We just kept pounding away" said RB Christine Michael afterward. "That's our M.O. That's what we have to be good at."

Coach Davis added: "I felt like we as coaches were forcing everything. We totally abandoned our power at times. (Qb) Tommy came to us in the 3rd quarter and demanded we focus on our running game. He told his line that's what the goal was, he told the defense to get some stops, and he led us back." Said Dorman: "That's what my job is. That's what a leader does. I didn't do anything that my team shouldn't expect from me at my position." And the difference was obvious after the rallying of the troops. The attitude was apparent, and the sense of urgency looked to have returned. It's the second game in a row that the Aggies have not shown their full potential and apparent athletic advantage till it was almost too late.