2012 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 4, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 8

2012 Week 8!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Sunday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 3 Clemson (35)
    4 8 Georgia (1)
    5 6 Virginia (1)
    7 7 Florida
    11 14 Auburn
    13 9 Tennessee
    16 10 Va Tech
    18 21 FSU
    21 22 Alabama
    22 23 UNC
    23 -- LSU

NR Maryland
    Welcome back to the top 25 LSU!

ESPN Headlines

#2 Trojans are stunned 37-31 by an overachieving Stanford team.
    Missouri quiets home crowd with shocking road win over Texas.
    Conference Collision
    #23 LSU should handle #11 Auburn in their SEC matchup this week.

Gameday
    Some big games this week:

#22 UNC at #5 Virginia

UNC's the better team talent wise. Virginia is the better team statistically. Somethings gotta give. Kirk and Lee both like UNC on the road. I like Virginia since they're +5 in the TO department while UNC is -4.

#21 Alabama at #13 Tennessee

Both teams are 3-2 but Bama only has one conference loss so their season is still filled with opportunity. The pressure could get to coach killajo. Both teams have shaky QB play this season, but I think Bama can pull this one out down the stretch.

#7 Florida vs #4 Georgia in the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

Game matches Florida's Reed against a tough Bulldogs defense. This game is basically for the SEC East Championship. Coach KSherm and the gang take on new, and highly touted head coach Colemanchu. Wonder what uniforms the Bulldogs will wear this year???

#23 LSU at #11 Auburn in the Tiger Bowl

LSU is the flat out better team. Led by QB Shephard, they should run all over the Auburn Tigers. Auburn has a different idea though I'm sure of it. Both Lee and Kirk pick Auburn at home. LSU has been very one dimensional so far this season, if they can bring some balance to this one I like them. If not, Auburn by a TD.

#16 VaTech at #1 Clemson

The big showdown in Death Valley. Can the Hokies rebound from their game against FSU or did coach Recheem expose the VaTech option attack? Clemson is a tough team at home, trust me I know. I think the Tigers contain Sweetness and Kyle Parker loves playing in front of his home crowd and he'll lead the Tigers to another W.

Heisman Watch
    The poor play of Barkley has some wondering why he was a candidate.

Player of the Week
    Clemson QB Kyle Parker 15/18, 285 yds, 6 car, 32 yds, 6 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    J. Brown WR UVA 6 rec, 83 yds, TD
    K. Parker QB Clem 15/18, 285 yds, 6 car, 32 yds, 6 TDs
    M. Brown WR UGA 9 rec, 119 yds
    J. Reed QB UF 18/26, 469 yds, 6 TDs
    M. McGloin QB PSU 24/34, 264 yds, 2 TDs

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

damn EA....

Knight's Tidbits
    #22 UNC at #5 Virginia
    UVA is a very good team and I know that (Trifecta experience), UNC has to control the ball and keep Smalls and company off the field.
    UVA- 7+

#21 Alabama at #13 Tennessee
    Tennessee has shown life in the East and close to being undefeated, while Alabama has shown new life and looking to continue building upwards. Ill go with my SEC West brethren
    Bama- 3.5

#7 Florida vs #4 Georgia in the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party
    Will this be a changing of the guard in the East or same ol same ol with Florida and coach Sherm? Until it happens the Gators are East champs
    Gators- 2.5

#23 LSU at #11 Auburn in the Tiger Bowl
    [​IMG]
    Shepard v. a top 10 rush offense doesnt look very good but against one of the worst passing Ds he should crack a smile. Auburn can make plays but has to keep the pressure off of Miller. I'll give the Bayou Bengals the leg up, just because of how I played v. UNC @ home
    LSU- line 2.5

#16 VaTech at #1 Clemson
    Well if Va Tech is playing to "injury report" game with Sweetness and he plays then it will be very close if not look for Clemson to win it by 10+
    Clemson- 10+

3. GoGators

No comment on the Tiger bowl. Looks like you and I both took the high road and decided not to supply any bulletin board material this week haha.

4. KnightNoles

im about to edit

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Regardless of what uniforms they choose, you're only going to see their default ones.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Duke - 23
    Florida State - 38

Man do I struggle with the CPU sometimes! Completely outplayed Duke in every way but turnovers kept it closer than I would have liked it. Lonnie Pryor had another nice game going for over 100 yards and 3 TD's. EJ Manuel was his usual up and down self, throwing 2 picks. The defense completely shut down any running game Duke tried to muster but gave up some yards in the pass game. All in all, a sloppy game for the Seminoles but a wins a win, and we'll take it.

7. KnightNoles

Hey Hokie figure it out in the scheduling page... lol

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

?????

Anyway here are my picks for this week....which is big with 5 user games!!!

Georgia- 23 @ Florida- 28
    Georgia already has 3 user wins so I think this will be close, but homefield advantage and Coach GoGators coaching record prove too much.

LSU- 38 @ Auburn- 28
    This is a great LSU team and I am bias toward Sheppard as I have been a witness. Auburn doesn't seem to have the same punch as last year.

UNC- 28 @ UVA- 27
    I think this will be a back and forth game and UNC pulls off the upset as they are currently playing the role of spoiler. Feels like last years ACCCG matchup with Clemson and UNC got it done. This will open up the Coastal division race.

Bama- 17 @ Tenn- 28
    Bama can't seem to get over that hump and has struggled vs user opponents as of late. Tennessee will win the turnover battle.

I shouldn't be doing this but....
    My brain says:
    VT- 10 @ Clemson- 24
    The Sweetness scandle and low team moral may prove too much as the Hokies will struggle running the option again and lose the turnover battle. Clemson gets its revenge from last seasons lost at Lane Stadium.

But my heart says:
    VT- 35 @ Clemson- 20
    The Hokies rally together against all odds and but on a show at Death Valley led by David Wilson and Antone Exum running the option to perfection. The Hokies 3-3-5 D causes several turnovers as the Tigers can not figure out the never before seen scheme.

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Tsk Tsk...

Clemson won at Lane Stadium last year!

10. GoGators

Considering the last two games I've seen Beazus play (in other dynasties) he got absolutely taken to the wood shed, I'm thinking VaTech might have a chance. But since Beazus is #1 in the country and at home and looking for his first BCS championship, I think he'll get it done in Death Valley.

But then again, I think I can still hear the laughter coming from the Clemson Tigers players lounge after witnessing the freak Sweetness injury videos.

11. KnightNoles

You were prob having problems posting but when you posted, it created 3 vt v. Clemson post

12. GoGators

I deleted the button mashers other 2 posts.

13. Hokie Effect

You were right......

Even more motivation for my disfunctional team.

14. Hokie Effect

Clemson- 45
    VT- 29

I will let Beazus do the honors. But play of the game had to be early in 3rd, I just stopped Clemson for the 2nd time in a row and was down 28-14 with the ball on my 15yd line. I throw a fade to Dyrell Roberts who has his man beat by 5yds, but drops the sure TD. The next play I throw a pick 6. Game went from 28-21 with momentum in Techs favor to 35-14 and game over.

I am calling it now and hopefully I don't jinx Beazus, but he will win the BCS title this year.

My one highlight:

Fade to Roberts in double coverage.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16581496

15. GoGators

Beazus is tough and his defense is very opportunistic at home. Good try Hokies. Looks like you'll be firing your OC again this offseason.

16. Beazus Christ

#1 Clemson - 45
    #16 Virginia Tech - 29

In week 8, Clemson had quite the challenge - stopping the vaunted rushing attack of Virginia Tech. Thankfully, the main cog of that attack, RW Sweetness, was injured with a mysterious ailment and unable to play. Early on, it didnt look like it mattered, as VT jumped up 7-0 on a run by the backup HB David Wilson. Clemson didnt panic and also scored behind the suburb play of QB Kyle Parker. Throughout the first half, Parker made VT pay for focusing on the run by establishing the passing game. At half, Parker was 13 for 13 and was a major reason that Clemson was able to build a 14 point lead at half. In the third quarter, the defense took over - stopping the option and forcing VT into passing situations. With the game in hand at the end of the third, Clemson substituted in the backup skill position players and left the field with a well deserved W.

Stats - Clemson

QB Kyle Parker - 18/20 - 291 Yards - 2/0
    HB Andre Ellington - 18 Attempts - 71 Yards
    WR Brandon Clear - 4 Receptions - 123 Yards - 1 TD
    SS Carlton Lewis - 8 Tackles - 2 Interceptions (18 Yard Interception Return for TD)

Stats - Virginia Tech

QB Antione Exum - 1/5 - 11 Yards - 0/1 (58 Yards Rushing)
    QB JuJu Clayton - 5/13 - 171 Yards - 3/2
    HB David Wilson - 16 Attempts - 89 Yards - 1 TD
    WR Dyrell Roberts - 5 Receptions - 168 Yards - 3 TDs

17. Beazus Christ

His WR dropped a sure-fire 90 yard TD! It was the play of the game for sure.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Me and UNC got disconnected

I was up 28-14 he was driving with around 3 minutes left in the 3rd. What's the verddict here gators

19. GoGators

Start over. Let UNC have the ball first. Play the first half straight up. If at halftime UNC isn't covering the 14 point spread from the first game, have UNC quit and let Virginia play out the remainder versus the CPU.

If Jello is up by more than 14 at half, then he gets to play the CPU in the 2nd half.

If Jello is up by 14 at half, then play the rest of the game. If you get D/C'd in the 2nd half in this scenario, whoever is winning at that point gets to play the CPU. Kind of a quasi sudden death overtime.

Agreed?

20. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

The Tide Roll in Knoxville!!!

Star Jackson has the game of his life against Tennessee

Coach KillaJo gets his first UvU win in a long time against rival Tennessee. This game started off slow with the only scoring plays being Tenn going 1/2 FGs in the 1st qtr.

The 2qtr was where the action was at. Jackson threw a 15yd TD to Kelly. Then on the next drive Coach Jo guessed right and played zone, forcing a Pick 6 to go up 14-3. Tenn promptly drove down the field with a great run game and brought it back to 14-10. On the ensuing Kickoff Bama's Kelly fumbled and it was taken back to the house. Down 17-14, Star Jackson lead a great drive to take the lead and never look back leading the Tide to a 24pt 2ndqtr.

The big story was what Alabama was able to do when they win the TO ratio. My team only rushed for 50yrds but it didn't matter. Jackson was near perfect.

MVP
    Star Jackson
    23-26 88% 255yds 3TD

8 different receiver caught a pass.
    B. Long 7rec 77 yds
    B. Smelley 7rec 71 yds 1 TD
    K. Kelly 4rec 39 2 TD

21. jello1717

The only problem with that is that by starting over I'm starting @ my 20ish yard line whereas in our game when he disconnected, I had 1st down on his 10 yard line and was about to score a TD. If he disconnected a couple of minutes later it would likely have been a 7 point lead instead of 14.

The other problem is that
    1. If I'm up by 15+ @ the half then Virginia gets to finish against the CPU, but he has to overcome a 14 point deficit to get the win.
    2. If I'm up by 14 @ the half, he gets to play the CPU when it "should" be a tied game.

I see VT/Clem was started 3 times. I'd vote to just play our game over mainly since I'm not the one that disconnected (meaning that I didn't drop out to avoid a butt kicking) and I was about to pull to within 7 when Mo did.

22. jello1717

The only problem with that is that by starting over I'm starting @ my 20ish yard line whereas in our game when he disconnected, I had 1st down on his 10 yard line and was about to score a TD. If he disconnected a couple of minutes later it would likely have been a 7 point lead instead of 14.

The other problem is that
    1. If I'm up by 15+ @ the half then Virginia gets to finish against the CPU, but he has to overcome a 14 point deficit to get the win.
    2. If I'm up by 14 @ the half, he gets to play the CPU when it "should" be a tied game.

I see VT/Clem was started 3 times. I'd vote to just play our game over mainly since I'm not the one that disconnected (meaning that I didn't drop out to avoid a butt kicking) and I was about to pull to within 7 when Mo did.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Just play it over. U assume u was gonna pull within 7...we can play what ifs but I was up 14 and shoulda been 21. Now I'm fired up!!! Bout to turn hulk up in SE!

I'll make sure u get the advantage by starting with a clean slate :) good luck in the "rematch" :)

24. Hokie Effect

Yeah lost conx twice, EA servers were bad last nite. We both had to do hard resets and the third game went smoothly....well at least for Clemson.

25. GoGators

What can I say Jello, it's not a perfect world. If it was, then the game wouldn't of D/C'd in the first place.

1. you got this backwards, if you are up by 15+, you would get the win.
    2. Did you read my post? If you're up 14 at half, then you guys play the 2nd half.

Also, I can't magically reset the game to put you at the 20 with 3 minutes left. I can let you guys restart and you get 4 extra minutes to comeback. Seems fair to me.

Obviously, if you guys both agree, just playing the whole game over is the easiest thing to do. However, sometimes you just continue to get D/C'd. I'm 100% positive that MoGriff didn't D/C intentionally with a 14 point lead so I can't fault him.

The issue I have personally with continually starting over is that if I've earned a lead, exposing my gameplan to the other player, why should I have to forfeit that? MoGriff earned a 14 point lead and in the process you got to see first hand how he would attack your defense. Obviously it works both ways as he got to see your gameplan, but he has to relinquish his lead and gets nothing for it. It's really not fair but it's up to you two to decide.

If you guys agree to play it all over then I'm cool with it. If you two don't agree or the game continues to get D/C'd, it will be resolved by what I've proposed earlier.