2012 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2012 Week 8

We are now advanced to Week 8.

2 big user games this week in conference.

Game of the Week:

#5 USC (Hovathegodmc) @ #13 Oregon (tmac6412)

Next Advance will be no later than Sunday night at 10 PM EST.

Hiesman Watch:

1. WR Devon Smith Penn St
    2. WR Kendall Kelly Alabama
    3. WR Deion Walker Notre Dame
    4. HB David Wilson VA Tech
    5. HB Jamal Womble UNC

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami beats Georgia Tech 24-15. This game was not pretty on offensive side for either team. Cook threw two more picks in the game but sadly he was the most effective QB for Miami. Smith's height and lack of speed means he can't get ball passed defensive line. Highsmith finished 1-7 with an interception. James had another 100 yard game and a touchdown. On defensive side Miami picked off 5 passes to secure the win. Georgia Tech did have one nice (kind of cheesy) option TD.

In other news the Hurricanes signed 3 recruits this week, including the :5stars: WR I was after. I will post their info when I get a chance.

Full update in my team thread this weekend. I'm still 3 weeks behind despite just updating a couple days ago. Been working long hours plus keeping busy with my other dynasties.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Illinois 7
    Michigan 38

The Chris Parker era starts with a W on a solid all around performance for Michigan. The Wolverines downed the Illini 38 - 7 at home. Parker completed only 6 of 17 passes for 95 yards with 2 TDs but was victimized by 9 drops. Michigan ran the ball well going for 182 yards on 25 carries led by Mike Shaw's 125 rushing yards. the play of the game was Adam Lalota's 84 yard TD after picking off an errant pitch by Illini QB.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 26
    Washington State - 33

Second year in a row the Bruins lose to the lowly Cougars! Really frustrating game for UCLA coach recchem. Kevin Prince threw 4 picks, all were costly. The Cougars RB had a ridiculous 96 yard touchdown run. I have it saved and will upload it tonight when I get home from work. I really wanted to quit after this run as my frustration level was boiling over at this point. At any rate, it was the Bruins thrid straight lose, all conference games. With a little luck, we could be 5-1. Instead, we are sitting at 2-4 and wondering how the heck to pull out these games!

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I agree with the frustration over CPU running backs...every game I get an otherwise average running back to make a freaking unreal run breaking at LEAST 4-5 tackles. Friggin Duke's back GUTTED me?!?!?!?!?

6. Hova

What seems worse? The broken tackles or blocking? I may drop one or the other by 5, I just don't wanna see the top 10 run defenses in the nation be users as it usually is.

7. Hova

Also great job getting all the games in already! Only 2 user games are left to be played, me and Tmac are going tonight around 930. Let's get that texas game up and scheduled.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Broken tackles seem to be issue for UCLA. But then again, I am UCLA, so my talent on defense is not the greatest.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think sliders play pretty good. In most leagues I can sleep walk through defense against CPU and pitch a shutout. In this league I actually have to work at playing defense.

10. Hova

Column 1 Column 2
    Run Defense Rush YDs Allowed pg
    Nebraska 52.6
    Texas 60
    Miami 67.1
    USC 93.6
    Texas Tech 99.3
    Penn St 102.5
    Florida St 103.8
    Ohio St 125.8
    VA Tech 127.8
    UCLA 169.6
    Michigan 153.6
    Oregon 162.3

Here are the yards allowed per game through about 5-6 games, 7 for oregon. Nothing too unrealistic here, I will check this out in a few weeks see how the statline goes

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not saying we should change the sliders, I was just venting my frustration with losing for the 3rd week in row by 7 or less. The long TD runs where the guy is bouncing off my tacklers just adds to it. We'll press on in Westwood!

12. Hova

Ya I just had a few others guys mention it, It is always good for everyone to talk sliders and give suggestions and follow up on how things are playing out

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would say the Broken Tackles are an issue. Wisconsins HB broke 9 on 21 Att 210 yds 4 TDs. They just too easily broke the tackles.

I wouldnt have an issue if it was like once a game. But this guy did it every stinkin drive

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Yea I think it may need to be tweeked a weeeee bit. Clemson busted 4 big runs for tds their only scores i think its more run blocking than run ability

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I think my average is low because I held two users to under 30 yards in each game. Its the CPU running game that kills me.

I have 5 guys rated in the 90s on defense and they get run over and miss tackles quite a bit. For me the broken tackles are a bit much. I have some studs that can get off blocks, but when they do the opposing backs make them look like 7th graders.

I know there are no perfect sliders and Hova does a damn fine job of making this league awesome. I could totally handle Clemson, GT, Florida, Miami, and VT run all over me, but when the backs from Duke and BC all look like a combination of barry sanders and Jim Brown, it frustrates me.

I legitimately beat three VERY talented Users in this game, but struggled against CPU Duke and BC. This is my last complaint. As always, I am thrilled to even be in this league and love it.

16. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I have to echo this thought. I think as I get into the CPU games the rest of the season, my rushing-yards-allowed number is going to go up.

It seems pretty clear to me that my problem is that I am nowhere near as good as most other players; which, by the may, is OK with me. This is just an entertaining little hobby for me, and I like the challenge of going into a game every week know it will be an uphill battle. About the only time I turn the Xbox on is when I play a game in this league; actually I have had this thing for about a year, and only have three games; and I have never played one of them. I'm betting others have got a little more practice time in than that.

I have seen how guys in my user games make "Big Hits" almost every play, and can intercept passes that really aren't that bad. I've watched other guys take safeties and LB's and run untouched into my backfield play after play; I can't do that stuff. I don't know how you guys do it. My team has two pics all year. I have NEVER got the "hit stick" to work, my guy just stumbles around and misses the tackle when I try. For me, the game is hard as hell, but clearly some of you guys don't have much trouble, so I am certain my biggest problem is me.

Maybe those of us who really struggle should all get in the same conference so one of us can win!

17. Hova

Ya some of us have played alot longer than others, One possibility if we stick with the 4 users games a year could be for one of those games to be played against users of equal record. I will keep an eye on the running stats as we progress. I am leaning towards a 5 point drop on CPU Run Block.

18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I think that would be key.

Aiight. Off to play COD!!!

19. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 24
    Texas Tech - 10

Texas Wins Rivalry Game in Lubbock

Garrett Gilbert was an efficient 16-19 for 263 with 3 touchdowns. Tre Newton led the rushing attack with 96 yards on 16 carries. Tight End D.J. Grant paced the receivers catching 5 balls for 86 yards while adding one touchdown.

The defense was dominate; allowing 135 total yards. Tech was held to -9 yards on 13 carries. The normally high-flying Red Raider passing attack was limited to on 144 yards.

Texas will next travel to Boulder for a Big XII matchup with the Buffalos.

20. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

#15 Nebraska (6-0) vs. Kansas State (5-2) - Week 8 2012-2013

Nebraska dominated the Wildcats from the start in Manhattan, KS. The Huskers were looking for a replacement for injured quarterback Cody Green and they haven't been able to find one yet. RS Freshman Nate Smith took over the reigns of the offense and struggled a bit. However, the offensive load was picked up by the running backs.

Collins Okafor ran for 115 yards on 23 carries and Rex Burkhead scored 3 TDs on just 7 carries for 31 yards.

Kansas State's only offense came from their defense. Nebraska threw an INT as time expired in the first half, which was run back for a touchdown by Thomas FergusonNebraska led 17-7 at the half time break.

In the second half it was all Huskers. KSU didn't score again and Nebraska scored 38 points. Nothing went the way of KSU and Nebraska took advantage of some huge turnovers by the Wildcats late to extend the lead.

Josh Nance returned an interception 44 yards as dime expired to cap the great defensive performance by the blackshirts. Nebraska held KSU to just 99 yards of total offense.

Nebraska 55, Kansas State 7

Nebraska
    N. Smith - 7/14 186 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    R. Burkhead - 7 carries 31 yards 3 TD
    C. Okafor - 23 carries 115 yards 1 TD
    B. Cotton - 1 catch 71 yards 1 TD
    J. Ankrah - 6 tackles 2 TFL 2 sacks
    C. Williams - 6 tackles 1 TFL

Kansas State
    J. Youngblood - 8/18 77 yards 4 INT
    J. Hubert - 13 carries 60 yards
    T. Tannahill - 3 catches 33 yards