2012 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 7, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 9

2012 Week 9!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Tuesday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 1 Clemson (39)
    4 7 Florida
    7 4 Georgia
    9 11 Auburn
    10 5 Virginia
    13 21 Alabama
    14 18 FSU
    15 22 UNC
    18 16 VaTech
    20 13 Tennessee

NR Maryland, LSU

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Some big games this week:

#14 FSU at Maryland

Can FSU contain Marylands passing attack? Kirk and Lee don't think so.

#9 Auburn at #4 Florida

Big rematch from last year's regular season game and SEC Championship. The Tigers have had this one circled on their calendar. Will UF have a let down after a big win against Georgia? Lee and Kirk both like Auburn in the Swamp. Not so fast my friends!

Heisman Watch
    VaTech made Parker the heisman favorite in losing 45-29 to the Tigers.

Player of the Week
    Clemson QB Kyle Parker 18/20, 291 yds, 8 car, 14 yds, 3 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    K. Parker QB Clem 18/20, 291 yds, 8 car, 14 yds, 3 TDs
    J. Reed QB UF 9/14, 332 yds, 6 car, 3 TDs
    T. Mack HB UVA 8 car, 38 yds, 3 rec, 36 yds, TD
    M. Brown WR UGA 9 rec, 109 yds
    M. Barkley QB USC 20/32, 277 yds, 11 car, TD

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nice I only dropped to 7. Maybe I can still back door my way into the national title game.

3. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Bama Crushed

Alabama Gets smashed at home by MSU

Just when my season was looking good and I am ranked 13, My guys lay an egg at home. CPU was killing my D robo style. I gave up 4 passing TDs and 317 yds. Star Jackson, after having his best game ever was pilled in the 1st half after throwing 3 INTs. I was 1/5 in the red zone. What else went wrong you ask? How about 6 dropped passes that completely ruined any chance I had to win.
    I think this game solidifies that I have been the most underachieving team since the day I first started Star Jackson. I have yet to have 2 good games in a row with him. So much for my hopes to win my side of the SEC....

I know it's against a different team but this is the feeling!
    [​IMG]

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#1 Clemson - 45
    Georgia Tech - 13

Houston...we have a problem! On the first drive of the game, Heisman front-runner QB Kyle Parker dropped back and was hit low by a Yellow Jacket defender and needed to be helped off the field by the medical staff. Turns out, Parker suffered a broken ankle and will miss the next 8 weeks. This is a huge blow for the Tigers, as Parker was off to a PHENOMENAL start. Parker, who leads the NCAA with a 244.4 passer rating, will be sorely missed but should be back in time for bowl season. His backup, the talented but inexperienced Tajh Boyd, was lost throughout the afternoon and threw 4 interceptions. Luckily for Clemson, Boyd has a week to practice with the first team and work out the kinks (against Duke) before yet another big game at Florida State. Are the Tigers more than just one man? We shall soon find out...

Stats - Clemson

QB Kyle Parker - 2/2 - 32 Yards
    QB Tajh Boyd - 15/30 - 165 Yards - 0/4
    HB Andre Ellington - 14 Attempts - 54 Yards
    WR Bryce McNeal - 8 Receptions - 119 Yards - 2 TDs
    OLB Derrick Perry - 17 Tackles - 3 Sacks
    CB Mansa Joseph - 82 Yard Interception Return for TD
    MLB Corico Hawkins - 9 Tackles - 1 Sack

5. Beazus Christ

(double post)

6. GoGators

Down goes Parker...WOW!

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 66
    Boston College- 27

At least the option offense works against the cpu. After 2 consecutive weeks of offensive struggles against user opponents, the Hokies option offense was once again dominant and put up impressive numbers. Virginia Tech totaled 683yds with 520yds of it on the ground. Backup RB David Wilson proved there will be life after Sweetness with 230yds 5 TD. Anotne Exum added 115yds 1 TD and Jeff Bell 89yds 1 TD. Exum also threw for a season high 129yds 1 TD. The Tech defense played well only allowing 1 redzone drive but still gave up some big plays. The Hokies confidence is high as they must win out and hope for some help as their ACCCG birth is still alive.

Get Off Me!! Wilson 60yd TD

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16673509

8. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Bryce Brown also went down with an abdominal strain and will be out for 4 weeks.

Will post game summary later tonight.

9. GoGators

The week of the fallen. My HB's out for the season too. Guess that's why it's important to recruit depth as well.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I lost my starting RB last week for 7 weeks as well.

11. Beazus Christ

On the plus side, Parker will probably smash Tebow's record for pass efficiency rating... ok thats not much of a plus- this sucks.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Looks like this is the injury bonanza week. (n)

UNC Defeats Da U, But At a Cost

[​IMG]
    Powell had a great game, including this 75 yard FR for a TD

Miami didn't put up much of a fight in front of their home fans as it appears as though they've given up on this season. UNC went on to win 41-14, but they suffered a couple of key injuries. Starting QB A.J. Blue went down early in the 2nd quarter, but it is hopeful that he will return for the next game. JR backup Renner played well in his absence and should be fine if he's called upon to start the next game. #3 receiver, SO Kyle Rogers suffered a torn abdominal muscle and will miss at least 12 weeks. He may return for the bowl game, but probably not. in addition to this, starting HB, SO Dallas Kirk was knocked out in the 3rd quarter with a stained back and is expected to miss 4 weeks. The Heels have no depth at any position, especially @ WR and HB so things could get dicey for the remainder of the season.

Next up for the heels is a warmup game against 1-6 Wake Forest before they take on a tough Maryland team.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Looks like this is the injury bonanza week. (n)

UNC Defeats Da U, But At a Cost

[​IMG]
    Powell had a great game, including this 75 yard FR for a TD

Miami didn't put up much of a fight in front of their home fans as it appears as though they've given up on this season. UNC went on to win 41-14, but they suffered a couple of key injuries. Starting QB A.J. Blue went down early in the 2nd quarter, but it is hopeful that he will return for the next game. JR backup Renner played well in his absence and should be fine if he's called upon to start the next game. #3 receiver, SO Kyle Rogers suffered a torn abdominal muscle and will miss at least 12 weeks. He may return for the bowl game, but probably not. in addition to this, starting HB, SO Dallas Kirk was knocked out in the 3rd quarter with a stained back and is expected to miss 4 weeks. The Heels have no depth at any position, especially @ WR and HB so things could get dicey for the remainder of the season.

Next up for the heels is a warmup game against 1-6 Wake Forest before they take on a tough Maryland team.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Florida State - 58
    Maryland - 15

Probably played my best game yet as the Seminoles handled the Terps pretty easily, running away with the game. Lonnie Pryor had over 200 yards rushing with 4 TD's. He also chipped in with a receiving TD. EJ Manuel had his best game of the year too, completing 11 of 14 for 200 plus yards and 2 TD's. The run D was solid as ever, completely shutting down any Maryland rush attempt. A big goal line stand early in the 2nd quarter really turned a close game into a route.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16693798
    (Lonnie Pryor bounces off the big hit for 6!)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16693803
    (Manuel to Commnack for 6)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16693771
    (another long TD run by Pryor)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16693807
    (sweet run by my FB in the 3rd quarter)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16693834
    (the pass rush gets their man)

Good game Legends. Im sure we'll meet again sometime down the road.

15. GoGators

I wonder if the injuries are the result of a lot of the new recruits injury ratings not being as high as the rosters that shipped with the game. It's interesting how differently the game plays once the over inflated initial rosters are all graduated.

16. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I just played terrible. Good game reach. This just isn't my year. Hopefully Murray comes off of his injury in a couple weeks and plays beastly.

17. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#1 Clemson- I don't see a team on their schedule that'll beat 'em. I see them heading to the BCS Championship game.
    (2)#4 Florida- How do they keep refilling the QB position. Reed is flying under the radar in his first season as the starter. 221.2 QB rating, 2368 yd, 21 TD, 5 INT. Zero running game this year.
    (3)#7 Georgia- Lost by 1 point to Florida. Not bad.
    (4)#9 Auburn- I gave them the edge over Virginia, but take a close look because they enter a gauntlet of games the next 4 weeks.(#4 Florida, #7 Georgia, #13 Alabama, and #8 USC.
    (5)#10 Virginia- Lost to UNC while controversy reigns.
    (6)#14 Florida State- Huge win over Virginia Tech could mean they're back and the best they've been since the start of the dynasty.
    (7)#13 Alabama- Winning in style with Coach KillaJo and his unique playbook. Reports are that the coach is more focused and he's possibly playing less Modern Warfare 2.
    (8)#18 Virginia Tech- Two losses in a row and off-the-field issues for Sweetness have brought their season and hopes of a National Title to a crashing halt.
    (9)#20 Tennessee- 3 losses against teams ranked 13 or better.
    (10)#15 North Carolina- Some losses to teams with questions about how good they actually are.
    (11)LSU(155)- In their last game, Shepard went down for 3 weeks and with it, hopes that LSU can get back into the SEC West conference championship discussions.
    (12)Maryland(199)- Lost 3 games by a combined 5 points and two of those were in overtime. Unfortunate.

18. GoGators

The UF running game went bye bye when starter Mike Gillislee got bit by the injury bug and put on the shelf for the season.

What do the (###) mean next to LSU and Maryland???

19. GoGators

Also, another solid week of the power poll. Nice work Bfruchey.

I wonder what happened to the "Game of the Week" that Killajo was doing?

And also, another week where the "Inside the Mind" didn't get pass forward.

20. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'm barely finding time to play my games. Between work, trying to keep my girl from going all Bridezilla on me cause we are engaged, and going to physical therapy for a back injury....my video game time has suffered. I'll try tonight if the game hasn't been played yet

21. GoGators

My bad. You don't have to do it. I just missed the good write ups. Maybe somebody else would be willing to pick up the slack for ya.

22. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I have a lil bit with the Tidbits.. I dont think Ill do them since I think we are the only user game left

23. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I like doing it. I'll just post if I know I can't do it....

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I know everyone enjoys reading them and I especially do Jo

25. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Yea. They're great.