2012 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2012 Week 9

We are now Advanced to Week 9. No User games this week so should bea quick one. Next Advance will be no later than Tuesday night at 11 PM EST.

Game of the Week:

#7 North Carolina @ #5 Miami (bravejaf)

Hiesman Watch:

1. WR Devon Smith Penn St
    2. WR Kendall Kelly Bama
    3. WE Deion Walker Notre Dame
    4. HB Jaamal Berry Ohio st
    5. HB David Wilson VA Tech

BCS Top 10

1. Texas 1.000
    2. Notre Dame .994
    3. Ohio St .989
    4. Nebraska .983
    5. Miami .975
    6. USC .969
    7. North Carolina .968
    8. Florida St .961
    9. Oklahoma .956
    10. Penn St .944

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Damn that BC loss kills me. SC and Miami ahead of me...

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

BC almost bit me in my ass triple OT they had 699 yards of offense? Idk wtf is going on seriously computer must have been the hand of god himself

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

NC gave me fits early in the game but I managed to take control in the third quarter of the game. Their halfback AJ Blue had 110 yards rushing against me in the first half, on just 11 carries. I just couldn't tackle this guy. In the second half the CPU had some costly turnovers and I was able to capitalize. My QB Taylor Cook (never trust QB with 2 last names) had 3 more TD passes but he completed less than 50% of his passes and threw 2 more interceptions. Mike James had another solid rushing day, going for over yards once again.

The win was big for Miami since most of the remaining recruits were in for this game. The big target is :4stars: WR Jackson. Hopefully he was impressed by the win over #7 UNC.

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Damn BC. That friggin running back is like a 79ovr!

6. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Texas Tech 21 Kansas St 16

[​IMG]
    JACOBY FRANKS CATCHES A LONG TD ON THE RED RAIDERS OPENING DRIVE

A couple big pass plays from Texas Tech receivers, and a slew of dropped passes by Kansas State, help the Red Raiders escape with a much needed road win. Tech QB, Seth Doege, looked good early, throwing a 33 yard TD pass to receiver Jacoby Franks on the games opening drive. A good drive to end the first quarter, ended in a 1 yard plunge by HB Harrison Jeffers, who later left the game with an abdominal strain, and will be out a couple of weeks.

Kansas State failed on fourth down attempts in the first half, and only real scoring opportunity came late in the second quarter, after picking off a deflected Doege pass. The Texas Tech defense came up big when the Wildcats drove inside the 10 yard line. Three deflected passes into the endzone forced Kansas State to settle for a FG.

A 60 yard TD pass to a wide open Cornelius Douglas, late in the third, extended the Red Raiders lead to 21 - 3.

K-State made it look like a game, scoring midway through the fourth quarter on a one yard TD run by HB John Hubert, and adding a late TD on a pick six, but Tech backup HB Josh Talbot, ate up the clock converting some key third downs, to lift the Red Raiders to a big conference win.

Four dropped passes by Wildcat receivers and two failed fourth down attempts, while in easy FG range, killed the home team.

Texas Tech hosts rival Baylor next week, with eleven recruits attending the game. The Red Raiders pulled out a late victory against Baylor last year, after a record setting day from the Bears offense.

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

The qb threw for 444 yards and 5 tds the rb ran for over 200 and had 4 tds!!!! Doesnt make sense

8. Hova

lol wow your defense must be terrible

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

my defense was playin the hand of god

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 45
    Colorado - 7

Texas Wins in Boulder to Stay Undefeated

Garrett Gilbert threw for 339 yards and rushed for another 25 more. Unfortunately, he was picked off 4 times. Tre Newton ran for 93 yards on 20 attempts with 1 score. Dan Buckner put up his biggest game of the season by catching 6 passes for 159 yards with 1 touchdown.

The defense held Colorado to 35 yards on the ground. Strong safety Jared Johnson led the Horns defense with 11 tackles and 1 sack. Tariq Allen added 1 sack to bring his team leading total to 9.

Texas loses starting free safety Scott Malloy to a partially torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season.

Texas next hosts Oklahoma State in Austin.

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State - 45
    Maryland - 7

Big game for Wil Secord and the defense. Another solid day by the backups ion the running game as well.

More in Game Summaries

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 20
    Iowa- 13

The Nittany Lions fought off the Hawkeyes attempt of a 4th quarter comeback to extend their win streak to 4. Penn State is still unable to establish a running game, but McGloin was able to throw for 339yds 2 TD. His 3 INT's almost cost Penn State a victory. Devon Smith played well with 181yds 2 TD receiving as he paces the Heisman race. Next up for Penn State is a very good Ohio State team. The winner of this game will more than likely win the Big 10 title.

13. Hova

Once Nebraska plays we will advance

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I hope I can keep that receiver of yours in check.

15. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

Will play tonight when I get home

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Washington -19
    UCLA - 24

UCLA breaks its 3 game losing streak, taking care of the Huskies at home. Dominated most of the game. Was up 24-6 in the 4th, but a TD, onside kick recovery and another TD made the score look closer than the game actually was. If I remember correctly, we did not turn the ball over all game and ran for over 100 yards. Its nice to get a conference win. A tough road ahead for the Bruins with user games against Oregon, USC and Ohio State. At 3-4 currently, a bowl bid seems unlikely!

17. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

#8 Nebraska (7-0) vs. Missouri (4-2)

There was a lot of hype around this rivalry game for the Huskers due to the large amount of prospects that were in attendance. It was one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year for Nebraska and they didn't disappoint on the field.

However, the game started out a little rocky for the blackshirt defense. Missouri came out ready to play and there was little that the Huskers could do about it. Missouri drove down the field on their first possession and popped in a TD on a 9 yard pass from Blaine Dalton to Rolandis Woodland . However, the extra point was blocked.

Nebraska quickly drove back down the field and Collins Okafor pounded the ball in for 4 yards out to give the Huskers the 7-6 lead.

Missouri kept pouring it on and the defense that had had great games their last 3 outings looked nothing like themselves. Missouri continued to score, but Nebraska always had an answer and they took a 28-23 lead into the break. Senior TE Ben Cotton was dominant and a complete mismatch for the Tigers. He had over 100 yards on the day.

Missouri's running back, Jared Culver was almost unstoppable in the first half. He dominated the game with a 72 yard TD run. He finished with over 100 yards on the ground.

In the 2nd half the Nebraska defense returned. They pitched a shutout in the second half and forced the ball to the Nebraska offense who used a great running attack to seal the deal. Missouri was forced to pass more in the second half and Nebraska was able to shut it down.

Nebraska 42, Missouri 23

Nebraska
    N. Smith - 14/26 289 yards 3 TD 1 INT, 7 carries 96 yards
    C. Okafor - 27 carries 106 yards 2 TD
    R. Burkhead - 2 carries 7 yards 1 TD, 3 catches 41 yards 1 TD
    B. Cotton - 5 catches 133 yards 1 TD
    M. Mendoza - 3 catches 45 yards
    S. Fisher - 6 tackles 2 TFL
    C. Williams - 5 tackles 3 TFL

Missouri
    B. Dalton - 14/30 204 yards 2 TD
    B. Culver - 6 carries 103 yards 1 TD