2012 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 21, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Thursday 12/23 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Wednesday 12/22 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #21 Arizona Wildcats (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 21-14 against Cal (3-3).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #16 TCU (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Tim Butler has committed to Arizona
    - (***) FS Alex Green has committed to Arizona
    - (***) ROLB Scott Murphy has committed to BYU
    - (**) C David Fletcher has committed to Arizona
    - (***) C Joseph Long has committed to Arizona
    - (***) QB Harvey Jefferson has committed to Arizona
    - (*) FB Richard Ray has committed to Arizona
    - (***) LOLB Lee Johnson has committed to Arizona
    - (***) CB Will Williams has committed to Arizona

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 56-28 against Indiana (2-4).
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Jonathan Rogers has committed to Illinois
    - (***) DT Russell Mitchell has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) WR Travis Ruffin has committed to Illinois
    - (***) WR Robert Dickens has committed to Illinois
    - (***) WR Chris Harris has committed to Illinois
    - (****) TE Jonathan Lumpkin has committed to Illinois
    - (****) CB Brett Ferguson has committed to Illinois
    - (****) WR Greg Fernandez has committed to Illinois

=============== #6 Iowa Hawkeyes (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 24-10 against Purdue (4-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the #8 Michigan Wolverines (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Dustin Shelby has committed to Clemson
    - (***) ROLB Freddie Young has committed to Boise State
    - (****) DT Patrick Long has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) DT Ryan Williams has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) DT Eric Lindsey has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) LE William Jones has committed to Auburn
    - (****) LOLB David Stewart has committed to Auburn
    - (****) HB Jon Edwards has committed to Ole Miss
    - (***) CB Adam Rawls has committed to Missouri
    - (****) CB Chance Patton has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 31-14 against Colorado (2-6).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Trey Jackson has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (**) K Willie Higgins has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) WR Jason Johnson has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) SS Grant Hall has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) ROLB Will Thomas has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Missouri Tigers (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 27-0 against Oklahoma State (4-3).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Lincoln to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE John Cooke has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) HB Joey Garcia has committed to West Virginia
    - (***) CB Adam Rawls has committed to Missouri
    - (****) SS Stephen Smith has committed to Missouri

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-5) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 21-17 against Kansas State (3-4).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Missouri (3-4).

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 52-0 against Minnesota (5-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Indiana (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Aaron Matthews has committed to Michigan
    - (****) MLB Lewis Dunn has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) RE Bryan McGee has committed to Ohio State

=============== #22 Oregon Ducks (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 20-0 against USC (4-1).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== Oregon State Beavers (4-2) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Lawrence Johnson has committed to Fresno State
    - (***) CB Mark Williams has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) LOLB Lee Johnson has committed to Arizona
    - (***) SS Tim Butler has committed to Arizona

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 34-19 against Texas Tech (4-2).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) RT Travis Wallace has committed to Michigan

=============== #17 UCLA Bruins (5-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 31-20 against Washington State (1-4).
    This week, the Bruins will host Washington (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jim Norwood has committed to UCLA
    - (****) LOLB Marques Jackson has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RG Micah Nealy has committed to TCU
    - (****) CB Kaleb Frank has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #5 Wisconsin Badgers (6-1) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host Northwestern (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Lionel Holman has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) CB Gerald Baldwin has committed to Wisconsin

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Again if someone can post up the wire stuff I would appreciate it...cant get to it at work. One user game this week...Nebraska vs Missouri. Should be a good one and could go a long way in deciding who represents the Big 12 North in the CCG. Lets try and advance by Wednesday night if possible so we can have the long weekend to get week 10 in.

3. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Well that has to be the worst game I ever been apart of. I uploaded all Michigan video for that game as Iowa just stunk up the joint. Cox clowned on me. One play which is uploaded on the website Cox fumbles the ball picks it up breaks 2 tackles for the touchdown. To make matters worst my recruiting has been horrendous.

[​IMG]

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Worst game you played or did it feel unrealistic? Just looking for feedback on the how the game feels now with the sliders adjusted a bit.

What I should have asked is did you just play bad because with these sliders from my experience, if you have an off game, you will get beat. Which, im my opinion should be the case. But I saw the score so I dont know if momentum got the best of you of the sliders did. Let us know your thoughts.

5. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Well, some was just bad play calling. Cox did break allot of tackles more than what I have seen in a cpu game. There was on play where I had 3 guys on Cox and he broke free for a 1st down. I also noticed that my d line was getting put on the ground allot more but that could have been a team specific thing. I wouldn't readjust any sliders until more league members have played and maybe even after at least everybody played 2 cpu games in before taking a poll or something.

6. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Let me just add that before the slider change my rush defense was and still is atrocious :( so like I said my problem might have been team specific and not cpu specific

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks for the feedback omega. We have used these sliders over in the League of Champions from day one (this is the league I used to run). I know they are tough but I want them to also be realistic. You should notice better run blocking but as far as RB ability, there was no change from our old ones, in fact I think they went down. I'll have to look at this Cox kid and see what his ratings are. Also, Michigan was a user team for a while so maybe he has some good players there. Im gonna play Washington tonight and see what it looks like. I had a tough time with Washington State last week so im sure this will be no picnic either.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Thanks dakota!

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Hey Recchem - I did some reading last night. Apparently, I am unable to save highlight Pics / Vids because I'm on the new 4 GB Xbox. Is this going to be a problem in the long run?

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 57
    Colorado 7

Longhorns take the Buffalos to the "Wood" Shed

With highly rated Senior QB Gilberts career ended by a broken tibia, RS Sophmore Connor Wood has been past the Reigns and taken the Texas offense to a whole new level. As a team texas managed to rack up 800 total yards on the lowly Colorado program. WR Goodwin was slowed by his nagging injury but still managed 206 yards and a TD on 8 offensive touches. Wood finished 17/33 for 353 yards 2 TD, 1 int, 21 rush yards, and a rushing TD. FS Mike Heinz finally showed some of the skill that won him so many awards a year ago, getting a pick six on the first buffalo position.

Coach Whygod reached for comment about the changing of the guard at QB:

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No but that sucks...I wonder why you cant save anything. Seems you should be able to with the new Xbox.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wow the Gilbert era is over. Should make those last 2 user games of yours very interesting WGW!

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

If they are away games the loss of qb awareness, should make a big difference. Gilbert was pretty stoic in hostle stadiums.

14. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

In my game against Michigan, it was Smith who had the huge game. 204 yards on just 13 carries, 3 20+ yards and 5 broken tackles. I was lucky to win the game cause of two picks i had in the redzone. Looking at the ratings, Cox is a 90 ovr with 97 acc, 87 btk, and 83 trk. Not anything out of the world, but still good. Idk what it is about Michigan, but their HBs just come to play. Cause against any other backfield i have yet to see this problem.

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

As a member in the LOC I am use to the new sliders. My two cents though on the changes. I had trouble running the ball with Gator Heavy against Cal, but I had trouble running the ball with Gator Heavy in my last game against UW. Additionally my defense line had trouble sacking the quarterback this game. I will not say they were unable to generate pressure, because my first score was off an interception where the QB got hit by a D-lineman, and I later knocked out the starting QB, so I did generate some pressure.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I really just want to settle on a set of sliders and go with them. So if we have some tweaks we all agree upon, lets make them now and move forward and stick with what we got. Really, the LoC sliders and our old sliders were very similar so there should not be too much in the way of game play change. And if you think about it, the only few teams having cake walks every week should be Texas and Ohio State. The rest of us are not premier teams.

So look at the sliders and make some suggestions...im not going to bump anything up or down more than 5 so they will be subtle changes. Once this season is done, we are going with the sliders we got. I feel like we can talk about sliders all season as everyone has a different view on them.

17. Cheez

i guess it has something to do with the hard drive size. since it's only 4 gigs, and since the game is "saving" all replays from the game, there is not enough space. Ergo, it is constantly overwriting itself. Hence why after the game, the "play of the game" is always the last play of the game. So if a QB kneel is the last play of the game - it is the play of the game. And i have to watch a replay of it. and the same still camera shot of it four times.

But yeah, I'm never given any option postgame to save any pics or highlights, and I guess it doesn't save pics to the dynasty wire like it is supposed to do if you save them from the instant replay.

I only noticed this because i had a great run by Green, and I couldnt save it for the life of me.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sounds like you need to get a Hard Drive for it at some point if you want to save anything.

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am really fine with them, I honestly think who a team plays affects a team's ability to run certain plays.

20. Cheez

right. and the only hard drives out for this thing are 250 gigs. ughhh....

$120 down the drain :-(

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have one of the old ones, I think its 8 GB's or something like that. I save NCAA on it and that leaves me just enough space to save pics and highlights. I do have to go through it now and again and delete some of the old stuff. Does the job though.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Let me know how the Cal game goes...they are the one team I have adjusted. I hope to get to the rest during the Xmas/New Years time off I have.

23. Cheez

the new xbox slim takes a different hard-drive than the old one, and the only Hard drive Microsoft has on the market for the new xbox is a 250 gig.

Really shrewd marketing, actually. Bait you into buying a new xbox for $150.... and then the almost required hard drive for $130 comes shortly later.

Furthermore, the USB ports are only capable of holding 8 gig flash drives (spoken by an Xbox guy when I called about getting my old one fixed), ergo if you even have over 20 gigs of material, you are forced to buy the new hard drive.

24. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I have a similar small HD. I find NCAA will wear out your optical drive if you do not install the game to the HD. I went through 2 360s in 2 years but my last one has lasted 2+ years, and i think installing ncaa to the HD has alot to do with it.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Exactly...I wont play the game unless its installed on my HD...had pretty good luck with my first xbox, last just over 3 years (right after the warranty expired). Got a new one this time last year and bought that silly cooling fan to see if it helps. So far so good (if i go home and get red rings im going to cry!)