2012 Week Four Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ChildPlease9, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Next Hard Advance: Wednesday, August 1 @ 3 PM EST

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Close Battle

Utah State couldn't stop giving the ball to Colorado State. The Rams knock some sense in the Aggies as they show Mike Hunt's QB how to properly lead his receivers. 5 turnovers lead to easy chances as CSU wins 38-35.

• [​IMG]
      TD: G. Grayson pass to C. Gillmore for 21yds while a Utah State DB runs away from the ball carrier. It is like these guys are allergic to leather.

[​IMG] # Utah State 7 7 0 21 35
    [​IMG] # Colorado State 14 7 10 7 38
    First Quarter
    3:37 TD [​IMG] CSU Crockett Gillmore TE #10 21 yard TD from Garrett Grayson QB #18 (Keenan Adams K #4 kick)
    1:55 TD [​IMG] USU Brad Theurer TE #86 10 yard TD from Adam Kennedy QB #2 (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    0:56 TD [​IMG] CSU Thomas Coffman WR #2 80 yard TD from Garrett Grayson QB #18 (Keenan Adams K #4 kick)
    Second Quarter
    4:09 TD [​IMG] CSU Blake Jones TE #84 14 yard TD from Garrett Grayson QB #18 (Keenan Adams K #4 kick)
    0:21 TD [​IMG] USU Matt Austin WR #4 14 yard TD from Adam Kennedy QB #2 (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    Third Quarter
    5:31 TD [​IMG] CSU Chris Nwoke HB #6 9 yard TD (Keenan Adams K #4 kick)
    3:35 FG [​IMG] CSU Keenan Adams K #4 36 yard FG
    Fourth Quarter
    6:39 TD [​IMG] USU Robert Turbin HB #6 2 yard TD (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    0:48 TD [​IMG] CSU Mister Jones HB #21 14 yard TD (Keenan Adams K #4 kick)
    2:29 TD [​IMG] USU Cameron Webb WR #84 58 yard TD from Chuckie Keeton QB #16 (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    0:03 TD [​IMG] USU Cameron Webb WR #84 58 yard TD from Chuckie Keeton QB #16 (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

[​IMG]
    PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island -- It was intense from start to finish and ESPN The "Ocho" was able to grab exclusive rights of the game which is now being labeled by many experts as, "One for the ages... sort of, depending on your local cable provider and other sports that might be showing in your area." Here is everything you need to know about the game:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Dope beat, great editing, and awesome game recap.

Jesus, I'm jealous of you MFers.

• Like Like x 3
  5. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I got nothing...

6. majesty95

Instant Classic!

[​IMG]
    Sam Houston State wide receiver Richard Sincere celebrates a fourth quarter touchdown.
    HUNTSVILLE, Texas --- Following two blowout losses to begin the season, the Sam Houston State Bearkats have turned into the cardiac 'Kats the last two weeks. After edging out a close 31-26 win against Arkansas State last week, Sam Houston needed a last second field goal to seal a 27-24 win against Wake Forest.​
    The Bearkats had taken a 10 point lead with 6:30 left in the game. However, the Demon Deacons scored 10 straight to tie the game with 1:42 to play. Sam Houston quartrback Brian Bell led the final drive after having missed the previous two quarters with a rib injury.​
    The Bearkats compiled 415 yards of total offense, including 326 passing, while holding Wake to just 208 yards. Bell led the team with 219 yards on 20-of-27 passing while backup Mike Kendrick completed 9-of-13 passes for 107 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver Richard Sincere posted his second straight 10 reception game, grabing 10 balls for 115 yards and one score.​
    Next week Sam Houston travels to Hattiesburgh to take on Conference USA powerhouse Southern Miss.​
    Players of the Game
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Richard Sincere --- Brian Bell --- Mike Kendrick​

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

BYE Week

8. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

A&M Wins the Battle of Air Raids
    [​IMG] - 42
    [​IMG] -37
    After crashing and burning last week vs Rice the Bulldogs were looking to put forth a more respectable effort this week as they hosted the Red Raiders from Texas Tech. This would be an interesting match-up a both teams run a variation of the Mike Leach Air Raid system. The Bulldogs struck first when QB Bernard Christensen connect with WR Brodie Andrews twice in the 1st Qtr on a 22 yard and a 47 yard TD passes. But the Red Raiders responded with 14 unanswered points, highlighted by a 72 yard TD strike, to tie the game in the 2nd Qtr at 14 all. But the Bulldogs surged back ahead when Bernard Christensen found WR Pierre Hurd on a 12 yard TD pass for a 21-14 lead at intermission. The Red Raiders out scored the Bulldogs 10-7 in the 3rd Qtr setting up a wild finish with A&M leading 28-24. Early in the final period the Red Raiders took the lead on a 31 yard TD run by HB Eric Stephens. But this was to be the Bulldogs day as Bernard Christensen found Pierre Hurd again this time for a 27 yard TD pass which was then followed up by a 14 yard TD run by HB Kalvin Ashley with 2 minutes remaining to give the Bulldogs a 42-30 lead. The Red Raiders scored on a 27 yard TD Pass with less than a minute to play but the Bulldogs recovered the onside kick attempt and held on for a wild 42-37 win.

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

MARQUETTE ESCAPES SOUTHERN MISS 24-22

With their best showing of the young season, Marquette proved to be the stronger of the Golden Eagles with a 24-22 win. Marquette led the entire game but Southern Miss pulled close multiple times. Ryne Hamby led the offense with 96 yards on the ground and 2 TD. MU will play Miami University next week.

4:38 FG [​IMG] USM Corey Acosta K #25 43 yard FG
    0:16 TD [​IMG] MARQ Ryne Hamby HB #34 10 yard TD (Ralph Bowling K #45 kick)
    Second Quarter
    5:04 FG [​IMG] USM Corey Acosta K #25 50 yard FG
    0:00 TD [​IMG] MARQ Mike Brooks WR #5 64 yard TD from Wallace Ross QB #3 (Ralph Bowling K #45 kick)
    Third Quarter
    6:10 FG [​IMG] USM Corey Acosta K #25 24 yard FG
    4:14 FG [​IMG] USM Corey Acosta K #25 49 yard FG
    1:24 FG [​IMG] MARQ Ralph Bowling K #45 31 yard FG
    Fourth Quarter
    6:49 TD [​IMG] MARQ Ryne Hamby HB #34 3 yard TD (Ralph Bowling K #45 kick)
    4:17 FG [​IMG] USM Corey Acosta K #25 44 yard FG
    1:47 TD [​IMG] USM Francisco Llanos WR #87 5 yard TD from Arsenio Favor QB #16 (Corey Acosta K #25 kick)

10. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Any chance I can have a reprieve on this until I get home from work today? I ended up getting caught in something last night and wasnt able to get my game in. I can get it in today after work (I should get home ~5PM CST).

11. majesty95

Slacker! :rolleyes: (I'm ok with it if everyone else is. I am dying to get to next week though. Been practicing the O and ready to unveil the fury!)

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I know :(. This week is my first back at work since the summer break so I've been crazy busy these past few days. :(

13. majesty95

Wait...I think I have a bye week. :(

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]

15. soxandgators

Wonder what this goofy kid was really doing that someone made it a gif ?

16. soxandgators

no need to rush we got 3 guys who arent ready

17. majesty95

Deadlines people, deadlines....

18. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Yes. Go ahead and advance when we're ready.

19. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

By the way... I'M BACK

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  20. bbrech0610

bbrech0610 Walk On

TOLEDO 50

KENNESAW STATE 44 (OT)

KENNESAW, Ga. - The Owls found themselves in yet another high-scoring overtime affair, falling at the hands of Toledo 50-44.

Both quarterbacks threw for over 400 yards and Owls QB Kedrick Humphrey set a school record with 495 passing yards in a losing effort. Humphrey also tossed four touchdowns and threw an interception. The senior gunslinger now ranks second in the NCAA in passing yards (1,046) and passing touchdowns (10) and ranks third in completion percentage (67.5).

Humphrey was able to spread the ball around as four Owls receivers tallied at least four receptions and 40 receiving yards. Not among that group was junior WR Roderick Hester, who despite his 2-catch 30-yard performance, still ranks third nationally with 368 receiving yards. Hester also left the game in the second half with an injury and did not return.

Sophomore WR Dale Ralph used his increased playing time to his advantage, breaking out for four catches, 136 yards and a touchdown. Senior WR Antoine Irons also topped the 100-yard plateau with four receptions for 131 yards and a touchdown.

Kennesaw State struggled developing any identity on the ground as standout RB Maurice McNeil was held to just 45 yards on 12 carries before exiting the game with an injury in the third quarter. He did not return and his status was not immediately available.

Despite all of the positives on offense, the Owls defense continued to struggle, allowing 527 yards of total offense to Toledo. The Rockets completed 26 of their 35 passes for 408 yards and also added 119 yards on the ground. Kennesaw State has now allowed 24 or more points in all four of their games this season.

Another close finish was on tap as the Owls - who have played all four games within seven points - played the majority of the game from behind yet had some offense bottled up for a late comeback. Trailing by three points with 2:32 remaining, the Owls began a lengthy drive that put them inside the Toledo 10 yard line with less than 30 seconds remaining. After throwing three incomplete passes, Kennesaw State was forced to settle for a field goal that sent the game into overtime.

After Toledo won the toss, the Owls offense took the field. Humphrey threw his only interception of the game on the first play and the momentum took a major shift. On the first Rockets play of overtime, QB Terrance Owens found WR James Green for a 25-yard game-winning score.

The Owls will continue their home-stand by hosting Tulane next week.

• Like Like x 2
  21. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I finished early this evening, FYI.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Crazy game.

23. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Pioneers Cant Get it Done Against Central Michigan
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Player of the Game: QB Ryan Radcliff - Central Michigan - 21/29, 293 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT​

24. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks