2012 Week Nine Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ChildPlease9, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Next Advance: Thursday 5PM EST

2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Wild, Wild WAC
    [​IMG]
    HUNTSVILLE, Texas --- Texas State and Sam Houston State combined for 1,051 yards and 88 points as the Bearkats downed the Bobcats 49-39 at Bowers Stadium. The game was one of the most prolific, offensively, in the Western Athletic Conference's history. Ironically, both teams were making their FBS and WAC debuts this year.
    Sam Houston running back Tim Flanders led the attack, running for 226 yards on only nine carries and scoring three touchdowns. The 226 yards were the second highest total for Flanders in his career behind his school record of 287 versus Montana last year (in FCS). Backup running back Lance Houston added 113 yards on 12 carries and scored once.
    Brian Bell continued to impress after a shaky start to the season, completing 19-of-26 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns. Receiver Richard Sincere put together his fifth straight 100-yard receiving game by hauling in seven passes for 140 yards and two scores.
    Linebacker Chuck Hicks had a busy day chasing down Bobcat players, recording a season-high 16 tackles. Safety Harvey Wilson was second on the team with 12 tackles.
    Sam Houston will need to patch the holes in their defense quickly as a powerful Tulsa team visits Huntsville next weekend. Tulsa entered the week at 7-1 and boasted the nation's fifth best offense.
    Sam Houston 49, Texas State 39

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Upset: AAMU survives a fierce comeback from J-State
    This game turned out to be one of the best games this season. Unfortunately for the Tigers of JSU, A&M pulled off the dramatic upset in Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium. First, the Bulldogs game-plan was simple but effective. Keep the high-powered Tiger offense off the field. The Bulldogs used ball control and momentum for much of the game. The Bulldogs used long offensive drives, dink-ing and dunk-ing, for much of the game and did not allow the Tigers to get in rhythm. However in 4th quarter, with the game on the line, Coach Thames opened up the Tiger offense which proved effective for the Tiger. Yet, the Tigers comeback fell short as TE Jahmal Jones dropped a wide-open 4th down pass on the Bulldogs 20 yard line with 1min left in the game. AAMu 20 - JSU 14
    1. In the 4th quarter i was not able to use my rb's effectively. From 2:15 min mark of the video you will see that my rb's were glitched. Also at 2:25, my o-line was lined up wrong. I picked a pass play but my RG and C was on top of each other and it led to a major loss...I was not able to use that formation anymore. He dropped it, I lost it.
    Good Game Guy.....F&$#!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

That's the craziest thing I've seen! You need to cut that up and post in one of the bugs and glitches threads. Nuts!

5. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

A&M Holds on to Upset #12 Jackson State
    I think Shannon pretty summed it all up above and let me say bigtubb_ those videos are top notch. It was a great game until the 4th when his HB started acting weird. I'm just glad I did not panic this time and stayed with the constraints of my offense. Took what he was willing to give and took my shots down the field when they present themselves.
    Great Game Shannon.

6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    HackGolfer

You might wanna check that video out if you haven't seen it yet. Mainly from the 2 minute mark on when JSU is on offense.

I've never seen anything like that in my life. Its both hilarious and terrifying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

What formation caused the RG and C issue? Did your HB get injured at all and get auto subbed out and back in?

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

My RB was never injured. The issues started at the beginning of the 4th quarter. The first play I called was out of the Shotgun: Wing Offset WK, I called a HP Slip Screen. I then did a hurry-up and audibled into a Shotgun: Trey Open formation and called Trail Shake....the Trail Shake is the play where the RG and C are out of place. The entire 4th quarter I couldn't call a HP screen and then audible into a pass play or that would happen....the RB froze on almost every play. He would not block and was basically playing flag football on crack.

10. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Are you using a custom playbook?

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Nope. Vanderbilt.

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Pouring a lil sip out for the dead RB doing the turtle after every carry. bigtubb ain't never loved no hoes.....​

13. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

The Rippin And The Tearin.

14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Pioneers Crushed by Rockets in Ohio Showdown
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Player of the Game: QB Terrance Owens - Toledo - 23/25, 400 Yards, 4 TDs

15. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Brett did some serious damage to my squad.

16. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech Runs Over Denver
    [​IMG]
    Atlanta, GA - I don't have much to say about this one. We struggled moving the ball but our defense was playing tough for most of the first half. Then all of a sudden, the Yellow Jackets flipped a switch and took control of the game. Georgia Tech went on to win 42-7.​