2012 Week Three Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by soxandgators, Jul 27, 2012.

1. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Going into the game i think the Bulldogs felt very comfortable. But this was a bad idea as Coach Guy took his squad up against them two weeks earlier to open the season and almost pulled off the huge upset. I will admit that Coach Guy inspired me that this was possible. Went in very focused after a recruiting stretch and wanted to give a honest and respectful effort of ourselves.

The sailfish won the toss and differed to half. On the opening drive Georgia went down like it was gonna be a all day thing and took the early 7-0 lead.

Leach and company answer right back with a nice drive capped off catching Georgia in a zone d 7-7 end of 1

After a great defensive stand PBA answers with a sustained drive culminating in a TD pass down the middle taking advantage of a weak spot in the zone. After a field goal PBA would stand firm on defence and take a 17-7 lead to half.

Crowell answers fast with a statement drive and the crowd went wild. After a few back and forth nothing else was scored. This game of chess was getting heated with every play. 17-14 PBA end of 3

After a great diving play the Sailfish can feel there chances of winning grow. But Georgia wants no part of it and slams the run down there throat capping it off on a 51 yard run from Crowell. With 2 mins left all it took was 2 first downs and the Sailfish converted a 3rd and 1 and 2 too ice the game and send shock waves threw Athens.

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 27 05.12.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 27 05.14.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 27 05.15.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Jul. 27 05.16.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Great Theater In Jonesboro
    JONESBORO, Arkansas --- There have been the best of times and there have been the worst of times. All packed into the first three games of the 2012 season. Saturday night was the best of times for the Sam Houston State Bearkats as they pulled off an improbable come from behind upset of #21 ranked Arkansas State 31-26.
    This game looked to follow the trend that was developing early in this season, fall behind early and futilely try to claw your way back into the game.
    Arkansas State had built a 26-7 lead after sacking Bearkats' quarterback Brian Bell in the endzone for a sefety with 22 seconds remaining in the first half. The momentum was clearly in the Red Wolves' favor and things were looking bleak for Sam Houston. However, a key misstep by Arkansas State QB Ryan Alpin sprung life into the Bearkats.
    After receiving the free kick following the safety on Bell, the Red Wolves were looking to initiate one more quick drive to build off of the momentum they had gained. Unfortunately for Arkansas State, Alpin tried to scramble out of a collapsing pocket on the first play. Sam Houston defensive tackle Jesse Marshall stripped the ball from Alpin and linebacker Kelvin Rhodes jumped on the loose ball giving the Bearkats the ball back at the Arkansas State 29 with eight seconds left.
    Most teams would have been content to try for a field goal and go into the half down by 16. In fact, Majesty revealed after the game that he comtemplated the move himself. However, Majesty said he was not confident in a 46-yard field goal attempt in the pouring rain. So, he decided to take one heave towards the end zone. Fortunately, Bell was able to hit receiver David Williams on a post down the middle of the field wide open for a quick TD. The score swung the momentum and the Red Wolves never recovered.
    Sam Houston shut out Arkansas State 17-0 in the scond half and used a power running game to control the clock. The Bearkats wound up with 41 rushing attempts and doubled up the Red Wolves in time of possession (18:30 to 9:30). The momentum was clearly in favor of the visitors now.
    Arkansas State did have a chance to put the game away late in the fourth quarter, however. Down by two with just under three minutes to play, Sam Houston was trying to move the ball into field goal range. However, the drive stalled at the opponents 44-yard line. On fourth-and-four, Majesty decided to go for it and try to get a key first down to potentially set up a game-winning field goal. The Red Wolves were not having it, though, and a blanketed Torrance Williams was stopped just short of a crucial first down.
    Time was dwindling and hope was fading fast.
    Sam Houston was able to force Arkansas State into a three-and-out on the ensuing possesion. By using two of their timeouts, the Bearkats were able to minimize the time off the clock to only 41 seconds. After a missed 51-yard field goal attempt, Sam Houston took over at their own 34-yard line with 1:38 remaining.
    The first play went for only eight yards and the visitors had to burn their final timeout. Sam Houston regrouped and Bell completed his next pass for 10 yards to get to the Arkansas State 48. However, Bell's next pass was a completion that went for no gain and that pass was followed up by two dropped passes. The first drop was a potential touchdown on a flag route to the far endzone.
    Bell and the Bearkats were staring at 4th-and-10 from the Arkanas State 48 with no timeouts left and down by two. Their kicker barely had the range for a 45-yard field goal, much less a 60-yarder, and it was pouring rain.
    Coach Majesty drew up a sandlot play and hoped for the best. He had three receivers to the left and one to thr right. The receiver to the right ran a deep in route and the halfback Flanders ran a wheel route down the near sideline. Arkansas State came out in man coverage and Majesty had the numbers advantage he was looking for. Unbelievably, Flanders got a step on his pursuing defender and Bell threw a perfect touch pass to lead his star halfback down the sideline for a 43-yard gain. Flanders managed to be tackled in bounds with 35 seconds to play.
    Sam Houston had no time outs left so they could not run down the clock before attempting a game winning field goal. Majesty decided to quickly run a dive play to the far side of the field and try to set the ball up inbetween the hash marks. This decision could have proved fatal as halfback Lance Houston was able to easily slide into the endzone. There were still 29 seconds on the clock and a dangerous Red Wolves offense raring for a chance to win the game.
    Fortunately for the Bearkats, their defense continued their stellar play of the second half. They allowed one first down to Arkansas State but then forced four incompletions to end the game, sealing the improbable come-from-behind victory and notching Sam Houston's first win fo the season.
    Sam Houston State 31, Arkansas State 26

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Wonderful.....

Now that we have seen upsets by Sox in between the Hedges, and Majesty at the world's second largest outdoor cocktail party, I'm staring down the barrell at my game at #15 Wisconsin. I have no doubts that EA will unleash the fury of a computer scorned against me.

I will be wearing my boxer shorts backwards, just to make the less mess when facing the greasy end of the Tiburon strap on.

Good work, gents!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And so it was written, so it shall be...

The little boys can't hang with the big boys. Utah State rolls it's punk ass into Camp Randall and gets straightened the hell out. Montee Ball drops 2 TDs on his first two plays from scrimmage, even though we called mid-run D and highlighted him. He's is just unstoppable.

Finally, Mike Hunt rallies his troops and has a sustained drive. It was a game for a half. In fact, trailing by 3 with 3 seconds to go in the second, the USU QB had a wide open receiver behind the secondary. Of course, the one time I am able to over throw a receiver is the one time I don't want it to happen. Ball hits ground, clock expires, and that was the game.

The second half opened with a PA pass that was nicely lobbed over my flat footed CB. 31-21 and it never go closer. Back to back sacks and a fumble set up another Wiscy score. And Ball kept trucking along. Badger QB Danny O'Brien wasn't sharp, but he produced. He went 13-20 and 269 yards.

Once again the Aggie receivers sucked. Last week we had 7 drops, this week 5 more were recorded. I had one picture of my WR getting hit in the shoulder while watching the ball. Hands never moved up. Maybe my triangle button doesn't work. If these guys don't want to use their hands, we will cut them off!

Next week we travel to Colorado State. At least that'll be a fair fight.
    Utah State falls In Madison

Utah State leaves Madison with a ball breaking 55-28 defeat.

Jul 27 1:23 PM

• [​IMG]
        C. Keeton incomplete pass. Intended for C. Jacobs. No pass interference called, because???
      • Contact before ball arives - check. Impeding the receiver's path to the ball - check. Fucking up my shit - check.

• [​IMG]

• I love this one. My blitzing LB stops and squats after he passes the guard. He was nice enough to do this

• so O'Brien can convert the 3rd and 2 in my terrritory. Otherwise, we would have had a chance to take

• the lead. Nice....

[​IMG] # Utah State 7 14 0 7 28
    [​IMG] # Wisconsin 14 10 17 14 55
    First Quarter
    5:17 TD [​IMG] Wisc Montee Ball HB #28 38 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    2:48 TD [​IMG] Wisc Montee Ball HB #28 71 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    0:47 TD [​IMG] USU DJ Tialavea TE #91 5 yard TD from Chuckie Keeton QB #16 (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    Second Quarter
    5:21 FG [​IMG] Wisc Kyle French K #94 42 yard FG
    2:12 TD [​IMG] USU Robert Turbin HB #6 4 yard TD (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    1:12 TD [​IMG] Wisc Montee Ball HB #28 4 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    0:31 TD [​IMG] USU Cameron Webb WR #84 91 yard TD from Chuckie Keeton QB #16 (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    Third Quarter
    6:47 TD [​IMG] Wisc Jared Abbrederis WR #4 69 yard TD from Danny O'Brien QB #5 (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    4:25 FG [​IMG] Wisc Kyle French K #94 31 yard FG
    1:40 TD [​IMG] Wisc Marquis Mason WR #87 28 yard TD from Danny O'Brien QB #5 (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    Fourth Quarter
    6:30 TD [​IMG] USU Chuckie Keeton QB #16 1 yard TD (Josh Thompson K #19 kick)
    2:08 TD [​IMG] Wisc Montee Ball HB #28 1 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    0:57 TD [​IMG] Wisc Sherard Cadogan FB #86 20 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)

• Like Like x 1
  5. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

It was only Ark St but thanks! ;)

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Next Hard Advance: Sunday, July 29th, 11 PM EST

7. bbrech0610

bbrech0610 Walk On

KENNESAW STATE 31
    MIAMI (OH) 24 (OT)

KENNESAW, Ga. - The Kennesaw State Owls pulled off a miraculous comeback and eventually defeated the Miami Redhawks in overtime, 31-24.

The contest saw three scores within the final two minutes of regulation. With 1:51 remaining, K Larry Lowery booted a 25-yard field goal to tie the game at 17.

The Redhawks received the ball with a chance to drive the field and win the game. After converting a 3rd and 9 after several missed tackles, the Miami offense found a rhythm. With the ball at the 18 yard line and an opportunity to run the clock out and attempt a game-winning field goal, the Redhawks decided to go for a touchdown instead. RB Erik Finklea took an 18-yard carry into the end zone to give Miami a 24-17 lead with 14 seconds to play.

With hope practically gone, Kennesaw State had to cover 78 yards with time to run just two plays. Needing a miracle, the Owls got just that. QB Kedrick Humphrey found his 5th WR, Demario Hogan, down the middle for a big gain. Hogan, despite his 6'4" 190 lb. frame and lack of pigmentation, was able to outrun the Miami safeties and race into the end zone for a game-tying score with three seconds left. Lowery drilled the extra point and sent the game into overtime.

There, the Owls struck first. After winning the coin toss and riding momentum, Humphrey needed just two plays to find the end zone. His 14-yard touchdown pass to RB Maurice McNeil gave the home team's defense an opportunity to clinch the game.

After three plays set up a 3rd and 3 for Miami, the Redhawks went for it all with the game on the line. QB Zac Dysert's fourth down pass was caught but out of the back of the end zone and Kennesaw State secured their first Mid-American Conference victory.

Despite not finding the end zone, WR Roderick Hester was the player of the game, hauling in six catches for 139 yards. The Owls were also helped on the defensive side of the ball by LB Derek Heffner (nine tackles) and LB Donny Rust (seven tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble).

The win is Kennesaw State's second of the season. They will take their 2-1 record into next week with a home date against Toledo. The Rockets have been impressive thus far, dominating Arizona and a FCS foe en route to a 2-0 start.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Score one for the pigmentationally challenged! Pity for my poor Redhawks. Coach Mike Hunt has a lot of love for Dat U.

9. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Finally had a little time and internet...​
    Good game, HAL9100

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    Play of the Game
    With time winding down in the 4th quarter Delta State was able to score and put the game out of reach.

11. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

What's your connection?

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

It's the alma mater of my wife and father in-law, and I ran a dynasty with them when the GBN was MACkin' in 2010.

So everyonce and a while my wife gives me some fly Miami gear, even though I bust her balls when I see the Hurricanes on TV and tell her it's her school. "Oh wait honey, they are winning. Wrong Miami..."

That was is always good for a laugh. On the couch. Alone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nice! My dad played baseball there. I actually almost took a job with them out of college. Right down the road from me.

14. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

One of these eyars I'll get out to a game at Yeager Stadium. Logistically, it makes more sense to make the short drive south and watch them visit UMass next year.

When did you dad play? Was he there at the same time as Tim Naehring?

So how'd you end up running Providence College? I grew up following their basketball and the Brown & URI football programs.

15. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Week 3 Season 1
    A&M Falls to Rice 31-10
    After the highs of winning last week A&M felt the sting of cheesy play as Rice consistently went 5 wide only to see the QB scramble for huge chunks of yards then no huddle to a 2 back set and rip the Bulldog defense with counters. This will be remembered and one day in the near future A&M will play Rice again and they will pay.
    Just putting this in the right place.​

16. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I feel for you there, playing Wisconsin sucked big time. Montee Ball actually got hurt THREE times against me and came back all three times.

17. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

That's the trend man. Ball got dinged once against me, too. But he got a shot in the ass from Dr. Bombay and he was on his way. Then the RB from Colorado State kept going down. Nwoke, I think. He kept doing his Jason imiitation and wouldn't stay down. Fuckers...

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I want to say he graduated in '69. I shot him a text about Tim, not sure. I'm grabbing dinner with him tomorrow and hopefully will remember to ask.

Honestly, I traveled the entire flat world looking for a black and white school. Providence was the only one I found, and they have some pretty cool logos. Ran with it and am pretty happy with it... except for the recruiting pipelines.

19. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Marietta Wins in Nail Biting Fashion
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Player of the Game: HB Benjamin Pickets - Marietta College - 20 Car, 99 Yards, 1 TD, 2 Rec, 23 Yards​
    GG OnIowa, looking forward to the rematch next season!​

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  20. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]
    JACKSON, MS--In the third game of the season the Tigers faced the #12 Kansas State Wildcats. The high-powered Kansas State offense, led by SR Quarterback Collin Klien, smacked the Tiger defense in the first half. After second half adjustments, the Tiger defense led by SR MLB Milton Patterson contained the Wildcat offense. The Tiger defense's stellar effort in the second half opened the door for a comeback. JSU's Ingram and Goodman helped steady the Tigers offense comeback.​

• Like Like x 1