2012: What to expect in SEC East

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2012: What to expect in SEC East

Since Foshie dropping the ball on doing the other 9 TEAMS IN THE DYNASTY lol...I'll be following up on this...I'll use his format and hopefully it will come out just as well as his.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Beasts of the East

QB- SR Xavier Stephens (99)- TENNESSEE
    ---Stephens easily gets the nod over Georgia's QB James Scales here. Stephens, who won a title last year but was injured, wants to put his stamp on a hopeful title run this year. He's a true pro prospect with an amazing arm and very good speed as well. In his last full year, he threw 19 INT's to 22 TD's. From 2011 and so far this year, he's cut down on the INT's dramatically.

RB- JR Bryce Brown (95)- TENNESSEE
    ---One of the more heralded RB's in recent memory, Brown last year won the heisman as well as winning a national championship. So why return after rushing for 2257 yards and 33TD's? "I promised my mom I'd finish with my degree," said Brown. Brown figures to graduate by the spring.

WR- JR Marlon Brown (96)- GEORGIA
    ---The 6'5" beast of a WR who dons the number 1 on his jersey is one of the top WR's in the nation. With his size and speed combination, it's no wonder how James Scales gets his numbers. One scout said, "Brown will have the same impact in the NFL as Calvin Johnson." That's very high praise.

DL- JR Montori Hughes (97)- TENNESSEE
    ---We really like Omar Hunter because of the insane leverage he gets on opposing OL with his low to the ground stature but Hughes simply overwhelms opposing offensive linemen. He's strong and he's freakishly fast for a man of his size (322lbs).

DE- SR William Green (99)- FLORIDA
    ---Florida simply grooms these fast defensive ends with freakish ability by the year now it seems. Green is no different. What's intriguing about Green is his lack of size (6'4", 227lbs) but he surely makes up for it with amazing speed coming off the edge. Quite frankly when he's lined up outside the tackle, there's literally no tackle that can contain him. RB's beware, they'll need to be kept in to contain Green who had 13 sacks last year.

LB- SR Marcus Dowtin (99)- GEORGIA
    ---Dowtin was already a great player but the disatisfaction of losing in the title game really fueled his fire to come back for his final season. He also wanted to improve on his coverage skills in addition to his great pass rushing ability. So far he already has 2INT's on the season which is 1 more than he had all of last year. Dowtin is a top LB in the nation and one of the SEC's most feared LB's.

SECONDARY- CB Branden Smith (99)- GEORGIA
    ---Smith is an amazing CB and is the leader of the secondary for Georgia. UGA has two 99 overall CB's but Smith is the unquestioned man in charge. A former RB/WR in HS gives Smith his hands, his ability to run guys over if he's trying to run over opposing teams while returning said INT for a TD.

MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER- RB Bryce Brown (95)- TENNESSEE
    ---When you return the heisman winner, who amassed 2000 yards rushing and had over 30 TD's, you must say he's the man. He's what makes Tennessee go we feel and while we know Tennessee has another studly RB behind Brown, he doesn't have the impact that BB has.

TENNESSEE VOLS
    ---Everyone is gunning for the Vols head. They are the national champs from the previous year and hold all the cards to this season. They survived the injury bug with sheer determination and excellent coaching by Coach Bruce. They return their starting QB and RB and feature an all-track team at WR. With another year of experience under their belts and hopefully a clean bill of health, this maybe a repeat year for the Vols.

BOTTOM LINE- Despite the track team at WR, Stephens coming back for his final year and all the defensive studs, this team comes and goes with Bryce Brown. Coach Bruce is a run oriented coach by heart and he'll need to keep his heisman winner healthy for a brutal SEC schedule.

GEORGIA BULLDOGS
    ---The Bulldogs are making their presence known in the recruiting world, snatching up stud QB's and now focus on running backs. Scales bursted onto the scene as a stud QB who can run. In Coach Helli's offense, the QB is designed not to make mistakes and settle for the safe play instead of the spectacular. It's what led the Bulldogs to a national title game against Tennessee. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs lost but it didn't stop Georgia for reloading for another shot. We already mentioned QB James Scales but he also features in the backfield with him, 6 foot 222lb RB Mike Anderson, a do-all RB who can run over people, run around them and catch the ball out of the backfield. This is a scary Georgia team who is poised to stay as a national title threat. Defensively, they feature two stud CB's, and an impact LB who's destined to be a star in the pros in Marcus Dowtin.

BOTTOM LINE- Georgia may not be so lucky getting into the title game with Tennessee considering they are in the same conference AND division. It'll be interesting to see how Georgia works through the conference schedule.

FLORIDA GATORS
    ---Florida had a brutal schedule during last year's run and they initially came out smelling like roses. But what ended up happening is the Gators simply ran out of gas. Those games took a toll on a very senior laden team. RB's Demps and Rainey ran out of gas late and Florida never rebounded from a solid run of wins against user SEC teams. This year, they'll have to rely on a senior laden group of WR's. Same on defense, they have a ton of seniors ready to lead this Florida team. Its all up to execution and coaching for these Gators. Can Florida stay consistent and knock off teams like Georgia and Tennessee? This might be the last hurrah for Florida for a while.

BOTTOM LINE- The talent kinda drops off a bit after this class leaves so it's imperative for Florida to hit the recruiting trails hard. They'll need quite a few WR's. Essentially, florida needs to boost up their skills positions in order to stay near the top.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good stuff Mo. regarding my players.... Marlon Brown, quite a solid player. No A.J. Green, but just a junior. If we were more of a passing team he'd have some HUGE numbers.

The corners are awesome on paper but as we all know, the ratings at that position really do not seem to matter much! Not that I am not glad I have them, but... Just wish they'd play to a 99 OVR rating!

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great Stuff MO...love reading this shit!!!

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I got a taste of Marlon Brown. He broke a big one on me.

With Brown out for 8 weeks Most Outstanding Player is up for grabs.
    Safe money is on this guy.

QB- SR Xavier Stephens (99)- TENNESSEE

Maybe we jinx Stephens also!!!!:D

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The injuries are nuts.

Oku moves up the depth chart as does Mr. Keys remember that name. You sure you want some of Sweet Fred Alexander again?

That WR for the Bulldogs is a giant...he towers over my Dbs. Caught a deep ball or two on us last night.