2013-14 Penn State Nittany Lions Team Preview

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Jbek, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

[​IMG]

This is a program that has been to the brink of destruction. The Grim reaper himself (Mark Emmert's NCAA) has peered deep into the unabashed eyes of this storied football institute, and delivered the heaviest set of sanctions short of the Death penalty college football has ever witnessed. Yet, through the ruin and despair, through the public humiliations and how-could-you's, this group of Nittany warriors stands tall and strong.

After a successful 8-4 season, capped by a heart-driven overtime triumph over Leaders division champion Wisconsin, the days ahead don't seem as bleak as they did a year ago. With star contributors returning on both sides of the ball, coupled with the addition of coveted pro-style quarterback Christian Hackenberg, this Penn State team is poised for a return to prominence.

[​IMG]

With Top recieving talent to zip the pigskin to, Hackenberg is looking to lead a potent Penn state offense to the next level. Posessing two of the Big Ten's best tight ends, Kyle Carter and J.P. Lehman will look for success underneath, while all-conference wideout Allen Robinson will look over the top.

[​IMG]

On the ground, Penn State boasts a returning 1000 yard rusher in Zach Zwinak, a blue-collar bulldozer who is hungry to bruise opposing defenses all year. ZZ is spelled by the shifty Bill Belton, a third year contributor who is eager to bounce back from an injury plagued 2012 campaign.

[​IMG]

Linebacker U isn't done. Not even close. After the departure of Gerald Hodges and Mike Mauti, the two latest studs in a long lineage of Penn State Bednarik finalists, some new candidates are waiting in the wing. Mike Hull, slightly smaller but shiftier, will man the strong side next to this years field general, Glenn Carson. However, the success of this unit will be determined by the development of the unproven D line.

The biggest defensive question mark from last year, the secondary, made strides through the 2012 season, yet many pundits are asking the same questions. Depth has and will be a concern, yet all four starters return with a year of battle experience under their belts.

The end of the waiting game is nigh. Talking heads will talk, but this Penn State team is ready to prove they can walk the walk. College football is almost here folks, can't you feel it? The boys in blue and white sure can, and you best believe it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

You forgot to mention that Hackenburg is prime to carry on the tradition of PSU Quarterbacks who wear #14 throwing pick sixes to OSU defensive backs

• Like Like x 2
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Penn State has always been one of my favorite programs. Glad they have a great coach at the helm for 2013!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

I don't think the quarterback's number really matters when it comes to pick sixes vs. OSU... ugh. I'm here to change things though. The Hack attack will be in full swing come week nine, I assure you.

5. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Awesome preview... Can't wait to jump our dynasty off.... Good luck to you and Hail Nebraska!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Nice preview bro I like the work

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Good luck to you as well sir!!