2013 ACC Championship Match-up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

2013 ACC Championship Match-up

[​IMG]

#17 Wake Forest Demon Decons

VS

[​IMG]

#1 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

History: The last time Coach DrunkenSoldier saw a Georgia Tech Football team it was 2010 in the ACC Championship Game pitted between the Yellow Jackets and his former Clemson Tigers. The game ended in horrid fashion for the Ole' Clemson ball coach as he watched a hailmary pass from former Tech QB Jaybo Shaw to Stepen Hill in the final seconds of the game. Since then, the two Coaches havent crossed path's because of his moves to Flordia State and Wake Forest.

Match-up: But here we are in Year 2013 where two completely different teams, but familiar Coaches will match-up in the ACC Championship. Both have alot riding on the line. For Tech most obviously, a win keeps them at the #1 Ranking in the BCS and seals them for the National Championship game including also there 2nd ACC Title since the 2010 season.

For Coach DrunkenSoldier and Wake Forest. A win vaults them to an automatic BCS Bowl Bid (Orange Bowl) and the National spotlight and future contender BCS contender.

From Coach Paul Johnson's Press Conference: Well here we are, still standing. But we arent celebrating yet, we did a little on the plane ride back after the Wisconsin victory last night. But we are back in the film room preparing for a very underrated Wake Forest ball club. Their Quarterback Jeff McMahan is a very mature and solid passer. He will put in on you now. They have one of the top receivers in the country in Seth London, a guy we feel is alot like our Orwin Smith. And even though there not a top rushing team in the country, Tailback Edward Fredrick has excellent vision and when given lanes by his offensive line will gash 5-10 yards a pop.

But I am confident in our group as well, I think our Corners Jamea Thomas and Brad Peterson can run with their receivers and make the passing lanes/openings tough on McMahan. We need to continue to get excellent pressure off the edge from both our OLB's and not so much to get sacks, but just to let their QB know we are there.

On offense we are going to rely on our offensive line to get a good push and let Peter do his thing at Quarterback. We feel that if we protect Peter and the football we can move the ball offensively. Tailback Reggie Foster we feel can have a big impact on the inside zone stuff. Obviously we want to also get the ball in our playmakers hands down the field also. We think Stephen Hill & Fitz match-up well on their secondary. Tight end Jason Davis also we think can find some soft shallow spots in zones for us to move the chains. But well see, we will know more once we see and get the feel for what Wake Forest wants to do defensively.

This game is going to be a fight.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Great write up G. McMahon is a good passer, I could tell when I played Drunken in the season opener it would only be a matter of time before he got his passing game going strong. I know G ain't gonna take WF lightly, he will be ready to play. I'm sure Drunken would love nothing more than to pull the upset, and I think it'll be a close one. I'm saying 34-28 Georgia Tech in a game that comes down to the last minute or two.

3. Dean

Dean Walk On

Im taking GT 31-27

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

GT 28-17

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Sorry drunken GT has too much talent this year. Tech 34 Wake 17

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I think tech will win, in a close match

7. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I have yet to play Drunken but I know from personal experience the Tech defense is very tough. Especially tough the way they control the ball and the clock.

24-13 Tech

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I think Tech is too talented and G-Unit is too good a coach to lose this one. 35-14 Tech.

9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Wake Upsets G-Tech. game went screwy at the end as with G-tech punting with 2 minutes left we got disconnected after restarting and playing whoever scores first wins, after a couple possession Wake broke threw and scored a game Winning TD.

ACC Champs! who'd a thunk it