2013 AFC Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by HotRod, Sep 7, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
  2. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Will try won't make any promises. I have other media reviews to do so this may not happen.

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Oakland Raiders 2013 Season Preview

[​IMG]

Offense:

Much has changed on the offensive side of the football in the off-seaosn for the Raiders with many of the key players last year gone from the team. Gone is Carson Palmer, Brandom Myers, and DHB and in comes Matt Flynn, Tyler Wilson at QB, Rod Streater, Criner and Ford along with Moore look to develop their games to help out the new offense. The oline remains relatively the same with Bergstrom taking over at LG. The one key returning is DMAC who looks to have a big year this year as the Raiders return to a power run offense which fits his style and hopefully takes the pressure off of inexperienced QBs on the roster. At this time, the Raiders have announced that Terrell Pryor will be starting at QB over newly acquired Matt Flynn and 4th round draft pick Tyler Wilson. Pryor brings the mobility dimension to this offense that the other two QBs do not bring and combining that speed at the QB position with Dmac could create an explosive offense.

The WR core is very inexperienced and with the departure of DHB, the Raiders look to rely on 3rd year WR Denarious Moore to lead the charge, but with drop issues last season, hopefully those stone hands have been rectified coming into this season. Rod Streater, and undrafted surprise last season takes over as the other starting WR this year who came in and put up decent numbers as an undrafted rookie. In the Slot, Jacoby Ford brings his speed and game breaking ability to the passing, but also in the kick return games.

If Dmac can stay healthy, the oline stays intact, the Raiders coudl put be one of the top rushing teams in the league this year if Pryor takes advantage of his legs. We will need to see if Pryor ca nhandle the passing game with these inexperienced receivers.

[​IMG]

Defense:

Much has changed on the defensive side, gone is Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour, Phillip Wheeler, Aaron Curry, Rolando Mcclain and in comes Nick Roach, Maiava, and Kevin Burnett. The pass rush and LB core is the glaring concern going into the season, will the Raiders create enough pass rush to get to the QB? The loan pass rusher is Lamarr Houston, but even he isn't know as a player to get to the QB.

What was improved on the defensive side of the ball is the secondary with drafting DJ Hayden in the 1st round. With incoming free agents Mike Jenkins and Tracy Porter, the Raiders now have to good depth and experience in the secondary. What hasn't been mentioned is the return of SS Tyvon Branch who is one of the top SS in the league now, but also the return of future hall of famer Charles Woodson at safety. The Raiders could possess one of the best secondaries in the league, but will they get enough pass rush?

[​IMG]

Special Teams

Seasbass returns for his 15th season as a Raiders and is likely to be as consistent with his power and accuracy as ever, the Raiders will not have to worry about the kicking game.

Out is Shane Lechler, in his new punter Marquette King, we will see if he will have the same impact as lechler did in his prime.

The key factor of the specials team is Jacoby Ford, possession game breaking speeds and the ability to take it to the house on punt and kickoff returns, could be that x factor in the game if the Raiders struggle on defense. As long as Ford can stay healthy, look for Ford to bring some excitement to the return game.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i'd think you could put aside maybe 30 min max of your time in a 24 hour day to put one up.

5. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

You don't have my deadlines do you. Don't assume you kniw what time I have to do anything playa. I did say I would try not that I wouldn't do it.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i dont really have to assume anything, the time between you posting saying it may not happen and replying to my comment, could of put one up by now.

I believe the league requires to do recaps, at least for the winners, is that going to be optional for you as well?

7. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

I don't answer to you bro. If I have time I will do it. I am referring videos at the moment and answering you from my phone while doing HBCU Football research on ESPN U if you must know.

8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i dont need ot know, but thanks for answering my messages.

9. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Don't really understand what the issue is. I was being truthful in my post. Not like I was being a Richard and saying I wasn't going to do it. I have some notes that I will post about the season just won't go up tonight.

10. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

We have a preseason game want to play?

11. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

We do? Is this a community game or are you the Dolphins?

12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Im the Dolphins

13. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Yeah I can play. It will give me more to write about. Plus my PC is tied up right now anyway. I'm getting on now.

14. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

GG bro.

15. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Denver Broncos 2013 Season preview

Offense

On offense this Broncos team could be one of the best in the league. Peyton Manning will put up big numbers thanks to his very talented group of receivers. Demaryius Thomas is quickly becoming a top 5 WR with his combination of size and speed, Eric Decker and Free Agent signee Wes Welker are going to be doing the dirty work across the middle and picking up those key first downs. A name you should keep an eye on is TE Julius Thomas, the youngster has been sidelined by injuries in his first two years but now that he's healthy he provides another mismatch for Manning.
    Knowshon Moreno will lead the running back by committee as neither of the other backs(Ronnie Hillman and rookie Montee Ball) haven't impressed in camp and pre season.
    [​IMG]
    Defense

After the Elvis Dumervil fiaxco, the Broncos were in the market for a defensive end. Doom decided he needed a change of scenery, from the beautiful scenery of the Rocky mountains to the murderous streets great city of Baltimore. 2009 1st round pick Robert Ayers has been Denver’s most consistent run defender but hasn’t really produced when it comes to rushing the passer. So the Broncos went and signed OLB Shaun Phillips to take some pressure off of All-Pro Von Miller. Wesley Woodyard moves from the Will backer to the Mike this season. If Miller and Phillips can create enough pressure the defensive backfield will shine, the addition of DRC(Dominique Rodgers-Cromatie) and Champ Bailey returning for his 14 season will make it very difficult for opposing QBs. Training camp dark horse Duke "I eat nachos" Ihenacho will start over Mike Adams at SS. At FS is the player who will remain unnamed and nickel CB Chris Harris will continue to show why he's the leagues best nickel CB. With Jamaal Charles and Darren McFadden in their division the Broncos will need the entire front seven to be on their game or it's going to be a long season.
    [​IMG]

Special Teams

K Matt Prater and punter Britton Colquitt are one of the top kicking duos in the AFC. KR/PR Trindon Holliday is an electric returner who has the capability to take in back every time he touches the ball.

Prediction

With all the weapons at his disposal Peyton Manning should keep the Broncos in every game this year. If the defense can create pressure and cause turnovers this teams could go far. 10-6

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG]

The Steelers have heard for several years now how they are too old, too slow, in decline. And they most certainly are a team in transition, with many stalwarts gone and a few more likely in their final seasons here. But if the rookie class can provide the kind of boost their talents indicate they could on both sides of the ball, and if Ben Roethlisberger can stay healthy, then the Steelers could be right back in the postseason after serving as spectators a year ago.

Mike Tomlin rode this group pretty hard in the preseason, with plenty of live hitting at practice and re-dedication to the run game. It's hard to imagine the defense not creating more turnovers and momentum-changing plays then it did a year ago, and though they aren't loaded with proven special teams aces, new special teams coach Danny Smith will coach them up on that side of the ball and Shaun Suisham has proven to be the solution at kicker, which can't be underestimated at challenging Heinz Field.

Offense:

Roethlisberger and offensive coordinator Todd Haley are on the same page. Their communication issues are a thing of the past and, while it's still possible things get combustible at times on the sidelines, they at least now have a foundation of a relationship to move forward after any potential fireworks.

Moving Emmanuel Sanders out of the slot and to the wing with Mike Wallace gone will be a good thing, and they have two slot weapons inJerricho Cotchery and rookie Markus Wheaton. That's key, because tight end Heath Miller, who thrived under Haley last year, was on the PUP list and the options at tight end are hardly overwhelming.

More than anything else, the Steelers will get back their balance on the ground, The re-shuffled offensive line is younger and more athletic -- key attributes given Tomlin's mandate to incorporate more zone stretch plays. Once rookie running back Le'Veon Bell gets himself healthy -- he's currently down with a foot injury -- the team could have the kind of franchise back that used to be synonymous with Pittsburgh football. When he's 100 percent, he can run you over, or run away from you.

Defense:
    I find myself wondering a little but about this secondary. Troy Polamalu appears to be at the end of his run. Fellow safety Ryan Clark is so smart, and that bodes well, but he isn't getting any younger, either. Top corner Ike Taylor is on the wrong side of 30 as well. Look for teams to keep trying to spread the Steelers out and attack the depth corners, especially if the pass rush isn't up to the normal impeccable standards.

The Steelers also are without some long time stars in outside linebacker James Harrison and nose tackle Casey Hampton, and it's time for guys like Cam Heyward and Ziggy Hood, recent high picks, to solidify the defensive line. Bottom line is this group led the NFL in yards allowed a year ago and were sixth in points allowed, and should be better. LaMarr Woodley, much like Terrell Suggs in Baltimore, seems primed to get back to top form. Look for rookie linebacker Jarvis Jones to ignite the rush on the opposite side.

With Dick LeBeau calling the shots, the Steelers will be aggressive. If they can limit the big plays against them, good times are ahead.

17. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

[​IMG]

The Bengals goal this season is winning the AFC North and making a serious run for the Super Bowl. The tool are in place and on paper this team is stacked. It is up to Coach Chandler to get these tools in the right place to make plays.

OFFENSE

The Offense will be at the forefront for the Bengals. AJ Green will get the ball and he will get the ball alot. That isn't a secret there. The question is who else will emerge a weapon besides Green. TE Jermaine Gresham can cause opposing defenses fits, but can he stay healthy. Andrew "Baby Hawk" Hawkins will once again be in the slot and will use his speed and quickness to get those YAC yards. Sanu is a big WR who can shake off those little CBs. Green-Ellis will start a RB but rookie Giovani Bernard will be pushing him for carries. If "The Law Firm" can't get it done, the coach said he will have no problems making the change. Rookie TE Tyler Eifert is big pass catcher and should fill in nicely in case Gresham should go down. I would expect packages where both of them will be utilized. TE Orson Charles has been converted to FB. He has descent blocking ability, but he will make his money as another pass catcher out of the backfield.

DEFENSE

No question who the main guy is on defense. That guy is Geno Atkins. Carlos Dunlap and Micheal Johnson are going to start at the ends. Look for them to use the speed and athleticism to get around those slow tackles and hit the QB early and often. Domata Peko will start along side Atkins shutting down the middle of the line. Leon Hall is once again going to start at CB with Newman at the right. The nickle will most like be Adam Jones but look for Dre Kirkpatrick to get some reps there as well. Defensive standout Vontaze Burfict will be on the outside looking to lay out anyone who comes his way. Maualuga will be in the middle stuffing the run. The Enforcer on the left side will be non other than James Harrison. He will be lined everywhere to maximize his unique ability to get the QB. Reggie Nelson will be back at FS patrolling the backside of the defense. Starting at SS will be George Ilonka. He was able to beat out Taylor Mays for the starting job and should do much better than the often out of place Mays. Speaking of Mays, the Coach has been contemplating using him as nickle LBer in certain situations. With his penchant for hitting ball carries with enough force to down an elephant, teams might want to take notice to where he is on the field.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Really short. Nugent will kick, Huber will punt. Tate and Jones will be back returning kicks and punts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Img4339.jpg

The Buffalo Bills former owner Ralph Wilson made a suprising decision to sell the team this past offseason due to him "not getting any younger". The team was scooped up by the new Owner Greg Zalizniak, whos first action was to start construction of a newer more modern stadium. The new owner was quoted as saying "Not only was the stadium outdated and smaller in size, but didn't like the idea of a stadium being named after a person who will never play a down in the league. This is a team sport, and this is the teams home. If you want the team to take pride in that, you need to make it about the team. To name it after yourself is a conceited act in my opinion". This team under the new ownership is going in a entire different direction, and they expect immediate results.

167511367_0_standard_352_0.jpg

Offense:

The offense is going to be lead by rookie QB EJ Manuel and an up and coming CJ Spiller. They will be the focal point of this fast paced offense that is looking to take teams by suprise. They have a few verterans and playmakers in WR Stevie Johnson and TE Scott Chandler, and a few rookies for Manuel to go to in the air. They look to use CJ Spiller as a every down back, and Fred Jackson (unless traded) to be a compliment to Spillers speed with his powerful running style. The weakness on the offense would have to be it's weak Offensive line, and that is another reason they went to a faster RB in Spiller to get out of the backfield. Look for them to make the line a focal point with trades and in future drafts.

PrZl5c.jpg

Defense:

The defense is lead by Captain FS Jarius Byrd, who is in the final year of his contract. They made a few signings this offseason in Kerry Rhodes and Jo-Lonn Dunbar. With Mario Williams getting extra fitness training and the natural talents of Dareus, they hope to get pressure on the quarterback to create turnovers. They have the talent, and we will see if they can play together as a team. One of the points of emphasis is to create turnovers by hitting hard, and being aggressive.

19. charter04

charter04 Walk On

20130816_mbr_sj7_104.0_standard_709.0.jpg
    New England Patriots (Last Year: 12-4)

2013 NFL Season Preview:

Veteran Additions:
    RB LeGarrette Blount, WR Danny Amendola, WR Donald Jones, OT Will Svitek, G Tyronne Green, DT Tommy Kelly, DT Armond Armstead, S Adrian Wilson.
    Early Draft Picks:
    DE/OLB Jamie Collins, WR Aaron Dobson, CB Logan Ryan, S Duron Harmon, WR Josh Boyce.

Offseason Losses:
    RB Danny Woodhead, RB Jeff Demps, WR Wes Welker, WR Brandon Lloyd, TE Aaron Hernandez, G Donald Thomas, G Brian Waters, DE Trevor Scott, S Patrick Chung.

2013 New England Patriots Offense:
    Any sort of discussion about the Patriots has to begin with Aaron Hernandez. Despite having all of the potential in the world as one of the top, young tight ends in the NFL, Hernandez was arrested for the murder of Odin Lloyd in late June. He was released by the team the very same day.

Having said that, if any coach-quarterback combination can overcome something like this, it's Charles Henderson and Tom Brady. The latter has always been regarded as one of the top signal-callers in the NFL ever since taking over for Drew Bledsoe in the early stages of the previous decade. However, he has posted his best numbers since 2007 - the year in which the Patriots acquired Wes Welker from the Dolphins. In six seasons in New England, Welker caught a whopping 672 balls, as he served as Brady's go-to guy despite the presence of Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd and others. Brady will now have to find a new favorite target because Welker is now with the Broncos.

Hours after watching their slot receiver go to their current arch rival, the Patriots agreed to terms with former Ram Danny Amendola, who will serve the same role Welker did. Amendola is younger and quicker, but he has major durability issues. Whereas Welker missed just three games in six New England seasons, Amendola has been held out of the lineup 22 times in four years as a pro. He has the skills to be a dynamic weapon for Brady, but can he stay on the field? He has yet to prove that he's able to do that.

Looking elsewhere, it would've been bizarre to say this a couple of years ago, but New England's top skill group is the running back position. Though he lost a couple of key fumbles, Stevan Ridley looked great in his first full season as a starter, rushing for 1,263 yards and 12 touchdowns on a 4.4 YPC clip. He had just six receptions though, as Brady went to Danny Woodhead in the passing game. Woodhead is now in San Diego, so Vereen will take over his duties. LeGarrette Blount will also be in the mix. If they ever get in a fight he is the one they will turn to. ;)

2013 New England Patriots Defense:
    The Patriots ranked 27th in pass defense in 2011. They had to do something to upgrade that aspect of their stop unit, especially with Peyton Manning back as a legitimate threat in the conference. They made a move in the middle of the season to help improve the secondary, acquiring Aqib Talib, a solid cornerback, from Tampa Bay. Talib performed well at times and seemed instrumental in New England's game plan to defend Aquan Boldin and the Ravens in the AFC Championship. Unfortunately, Talib suffered an injury in the first half, which left the Patriots completely vulnerable to Boldin.

The Patriots can make sure that one injury doesn't completely destroy their secondary again by putting as much pressure as possible on opposing quarterbacks. They registered an average 37 sacks in 2012, with no player accumulating more than eight (Rob Ninkovich). That figures to change with Chandler Jones coming back completely healthy. Jones, a first-round selection last April, had six sacks in the first half of his rookie campaign prior to injuring his ankle. He returned two weeks later, but was never the same after that, failing to notch a single sack after coming back to the lineup. Jones should be able to approach a double-digit figure in 2013, with Ninkovich continuing to serve as a solid complement. Jamie Collins, a second-round rookie, will provide decent depth.

The Patriots go into this season as they do most season expecting to compete for a Super Bowl title. No one knows how much longer Brady has in the league so he is ready to win now and so is new coach Charles Henderson