2013 Arizona Diamondbacks Preview

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by recchem2000, Jun 1, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

Project Lineup
    1. 3B Ryan Roberts
    2. SS Stephen Drew
    3. LF Logan Morrison
    4. RF Justin Upton
    5. CF Colby Rasmus
    6. 1B Paul Goldschmidt/Mike Jacobs
    7. 2B Aaron Hill
    8. C Wilin Rosario

The Dbacks have some pop in their lineup this year, especially in the middle. Look for Goldschmidt and Jacobs to both see playing time a 1B...possibly a straight R/L platoon. Both guys have good power. Arizona will miss Montero but Rosario should be able to step in and at least hold his own defensively. Any offense from the catching position will be a bonus.

Starting Rotation
    1. Ian Kennedy
    2. Trevor Cahill
    3. Jacob Turner
    4. Daniel Hudson
    5. Jeff Karstens
    Pretty good at the top with Kennedy, Cahill and Turner. The 4 and 5 starters are going to be a question mark for the Diamondbacks in 2013. If these guys can hold their own, Arizona may be in the mix in the National League West. Look for 21 year old Tyler Skaggs to possible get promoted to big club early on should Hudson or Karstens struggle.

Bullpen
    1. CL Carlos Marmol
    2. MR David Hernandez
    3. MR Matt Lindstrom
    4. MR Joe Patterson
    5. MR Bryan Shaw
    6. MR J.J. Putz
    7. MR Sam Demel or MR Craig Breslow

As it seems with most teams, the Arizona bullpen is average. Good arms at the back end with Hernandez, Patterson and Marmol. The 6th and 7th inning guys are going to be the key for any success the Diamondbacks have in 2013. If Putz can adjust to his new role and Lindstrom can bounce back from a so-so year a season ago, then Arizona will be ok.

The Diamondbacks are young but talented. Are they ready to challenge in the NL West? I think so, but that isn’t saying much. Are they ready to challenge for a World Series birth? I don’t think so. Another season of 2 and this team will be ready for the big time.

OOTP Season Prediction: 62-100
    Recchem’s Season Prediction: 78-84

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was trying to be nice!

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i can only put the perfect team out there every night, i cant make them perform like it.