2013 Big Five Prospects

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JohnnyClutch, Aug 15, 2012.

1. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnnyClutch

• Like Like x 2
  3. JohnnyClutch

• Like Like x 2
  4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

somehow missed Patrick on my initial scan through recruits. Wish I would've seen him and tried to give AJ a little battle but I doubt I could've even kept it close with him being from Michigan

5. JohnnyClutch

Week 1 Update
    [​IMG]
    Shane Lester
    A monster performance in week one against Cupertino was highlighted by a 64 yard touchdown run in the first quarter on his fifth carry of the game. Lester would go on to have 238 yards on 39 carries and two touchdowns. Shane lead his team to the 27-0 win but the college coaches will have two wonder about his durability if his high school coach keeps giving him 40 or so touches a game over the whole season.​
    [​IMG]
    Oliver Patrick
    A pretty quite game in the opener for the Wyoming Wolves, Patrick was only able to collect two tackles. One of those tackles was a sack but for most of the game Oliver wasn't able to get in the backfield. His other tackle came on a run behind the left guard. Wyoming was able to collect a blow out win against Grandville 37-0.​
    [​IMG]
    Darrius Francis
    The opening game against Westmont was a defensive battle for the Central Catholic Saints. Francis was pretty quiet in the first three quarters but woke up in the fourth. All three of his solo tackles and his two assists came in the final quarter. The Saints defense was able to get a stop on the final drive to secure a 17-14 victory.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyClutch

Week 2 Update
    [​IMG]
    Shane Lester
    Another huge week for Lester. He gets the same amount of carries as week one but bests week one with 12 more yards and two more touchdowns. La Puente had no answer for this star running back as Shane collected 250 yards on the ground with TD run of eight, 12, 36, and 51 yards. Golden Valley moves to 2-0 on the season with a huge 42-14 win.​
    [​IMG]
    Oliver Patrick
    More of the same from Patrick in this game. He was constantly held up right by the tackle. It was even worse when he was lined up over the guard. Oliver's lone highlight came on a tackle of the halfback at the line on a fourth and two to force the turnover on downs. He also racked up a whopping two assisted tackles.​
    [​IMG]
    Darrius Francis
    The first half of the game against Wilmette was pretty quiet for Francis. Only two ball were thrown his way, the first he knocked down and the second he broke up with a hit the the receiver in the end zone. The second half Darrius racked up three assisted tackles and one solo tackle. Another close game but Central Catholic was able to get the win 21-14.​

• Like Like x 1
  7. JohnnyClutch

The editors at Big Prospects magazine are proud to announce an addition to the team in ZCar352 He will be bringing in two new prospects to make the feature into the top 5 big prospects.

PAgamer07 can you edit the title of the thread to 2013 Top 5 Big Prospects?

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

The last two players of the Big 5 are:

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZCar352

Week 1 Update
    CB Eric Thomas #13
    [​IMG]
    Eric and the Yuma Criminals defense came to play week 1 agaisnt Globe high school beating Globe 41-7. Thomas had a good game as he recorded 2 Tackles an interception and a forced fumble and Yuma even returned an onside kick for a touchdown.​
    OLB Clayton Bradley #2
    [​IMG]
    Clayton Bradley had a quiet game against Bartlett only record 1 tackle on the game but never the less East Peoria went on to win the game 17-14.​

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZCar352

Week 2 Update
    OLB Clayton Bradley
    [​IMG]
    Clayton had a very solid game in East Peoria's 7-0 win over Wilmette. He recorded 5 Tackles and 1 for a loss. East Peoria improves to 2-0 and Bradley looks to have got thing going after a disappointing week 1.​
    CB Eric Thomas​
    [​IMG]
    Eric Thomas once again proved to be capable of being a shut down corner agaisnt Apache High School. He recorded 4 Tackles but more importantly Apache only threw to Thomas's side of the field 2 times both resulting in no gain. Yuma Union's defense has played lights out so far this season and is a the main reason they are 2-0 after dismantling Apache 30-0.​

11. ZCar352

Week 3 Update
    CB Eric Thomas
    [​IMG]
    In week 3 Yuma went on the road for the first time this season and suffered there first loss of the season as well losing to Wickenburg 28-24. Eric Thomas recorded 5 Tackles in the game but gave up the go ahead touchdown on a deep ball. Next week we will be sitting down with Eric to ask him a few questions about his family, where he wants to play next season, and talk about how he thinks his season has gone so far.​
    OLB Clayton Bradley​
    [​IMG]
    East Peoria also took to the road this week as they took on Mundelein and win 24-14 to improve to 3-0. Clayton Bradley had his best game of the season so far as he recorded 8 Tackles and a Sack. We will also be asking Clayton some questions next week as well. Stay Tuned!!!​

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Had a big recruiting week with Shane Lester. He is now fully scouted with 97 ACC, 96 Speed, 94 agility. I have removed all other 5* recruits from my board, as we expect to land him very soon.

As for the other big recruit still on our board, FS Darius Francis looks very close to committing to Notre Dame. We keep going after him hard, but cant close the gap.

13. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Yea I'm pissed he is a stud, and I was right there with you, but him being from CA is just too much to overcome.

14. JohnnyClutch

I moved up to third and 400 behind on Lester in the old redshirts file. Now nowhere near. #blameraj

15. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

started with USC at #1...ended at #1...USC def has it harder than bama...

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm getting owned in recruiting. No visits possible until Week 8 is brutal. Illinois passed me on Bradley behind the strength of his visit in Week 3, and he'll probably sign before he ever gets to Missouri.

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

not if I have a damn say so in Bradley lol....... I gained a ton this week

18. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

You didnt gain as much as u think u did and Bradley going to be mine. Sorry ryalaman but i want him and he going to be mine

• Like Like x 1
  19. JohnnyClutch

Week 3 Update
    Shane Lester
    Born to Jack Lester and Martha Lester. His father is an air traffic controller at the Merced Municipal Airport and his mother is a professor at Merced College. Has two younger sisters. Also plays center field for Golden Valley HS. Took over starting halfback duties in week four of his junior season. Piled up 806 yards in five games along with eight touchdowns. Plans on majoring in Broadcasting and Sports Journalism in college.​
    Oliver Patrick
    Son of Neil Patrick and Karen Patrick. His dad is the owner of the local Hobby World and his mom works in the cafeteria in the local bible college. Patrick has an older brother that played two seasons for Western Michigan. This is Oliver's first year as a starter but has seen playing time in his junior and sophomore years. Started at the linebacker position but added weight and was moved to defensive end for his senior season. Wants to major in Urban Planning while attending university.​
    Darrius Francis
    The son of Ron Francis, the club pro at Weibring golf Club, and Sonia Francis, a nurse at the St. Joseph medical center. Franics has an older brother and sister who attend Illinois and a younger sister in kindergarten. Francis is also a basketball star but is choosing to play football in college instead. Not a great defender in coverage or great hands if he can add a few more pounds to his already 6'2" 214 lbs frame he could transition to linebacker spot in college. Francis really hopes the university he attends has a veterinary school.​

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Francis is now a golden domer :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. ZCar352

Week 4 Update
    OLB Clayton Bradley​
    [​IMG]
    Clayton had a monster game against Wheeling as he racked up 9 tackles(7 TFL) and 2 Sacks but his effort could not help the team win as Wheeling wins in 4 OT 47-44 and giving East Peoria there first loss of the season. After the game we got to chat with Clayton and asked him a few questions:​
    ZC: Awesome game tonight! What do you think this kind of game says to the teams recruiting you this season?​
    CB: Thanks but I would much rather have the W than the stats and I think I have found my groove the last few games and tonight was my break out party and I hope the teams that I am in talks with now know that this is the player their going to get if I commit to them.​
    ZC: Speaking of the teams that are recruiting you. Who is your #1 school right now and is there any chance that changes?​
    CB: Right now Id have to say that Illinois is my #1 team but Missouri and Wisconsin are definitly still on my radar as possible landing spots for me.​
    ZC: Illinois is rebuilding and if you ended up there you could be apart of something special and make an impact instantly but here is my last two questions for you Clayton. What do you want to accomplish at the next level? and would you want to start immediately when you get on campus?​
    CB: Yes I would love to get the opportunity to start immediately but if I have to share snaps with a veteran I could learn to play the game and make myself better in the long run. I would love to win a national title and defensive player of the year and after my 4 years are up I want to be a 1st round draft pick.​
    CB Eric Thomas​
    [​IMG]
    Just like our other Big 5 Prospect Clayton Bradley, Eric Thomas had himself quite a game as he recorded 10 tackles 2 for loss and he had an interception on the final play of the game as Yuma wins 21-17. We caught up with Eric after the game:​
    ZC: Amazing effort tonight Eric, did you expect to have this kind of night tonight?​
    ET: Thanks and not like this but I did expect to make some plays I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.​
    ZC: Some teams think you are undersized to play corner for a big time conference what do you have to say to that?​
    ET: If that's how they feel then there isn't much that can change their mind except my play on the field. The reason I wear #13 is because that is what my role model Nate Robinson wore while he played corner at Washington.​
    ZC: I see Ohio State jumped into your top 3 do either them or USC have a chance to land you this season?​
    ET: Honestly right now I am pretty confident that I will be headed to Oregon next year but I am still going to wait a couple more weeks before I make my decision.​

• Like Like x 2
  22. JohnnyClutch

Week 5 Update
    [​IMG]
    Darius Francis Selects Notre Dame
    During the fourth week of the football season, specifically September 21, Francis had decided it was time to let the nation know that he is going to take his talents to South Bend to play for Notre Dame in the fall. While being a highly touted free safety recruit he senior season so far has been a disappointment so far. Big Prospects magazine was lucky enough to score a exclusive interview with the new member of the Fighting Irish.​
    BP: What made you decide to announce your decision last week?​
    DF: Well I had my decision already made. It's been Notre Dame for a while now. After talking with some of my buddies, we agreed it would be best for me to announce my decision before the other big name recruits started to announce all of theirs. So that's why I did it.
    BP: Why Notre Dame?​
    DF: Growing up in Illinois Notre Dame was always on the local NBC station on Saturdays. Grew up watching them and now I get to be on that same channel every Saturday for my community to watch me.
    BP: What do your parents think of your decision?​
    DF: Mom and dad love my decision. They are glad I am going to a school with a great academic track record.
    BP: Will you be able to contribute in the fall?​
    DF: I am going out there went a set foot on campus with the mentality that I am free safety number one.
    BP: What do you think Brian Kelley thinks about that? Are you number one on his depth chart?​
    DF: Coach Kelley says positive attitude is a great thing. I think I am number one and will coach that I will be ready to start week one.
    BP: Thanks for your time and good luck in the fall.​
    DF: No problem.

Mean while around the rest of the country Shane Lester has another monster game. If was his first game with less than 40 caries on the year, 36, but also the first time he went over 300 yards with 310. Lester is rewriting all of the history books with his out of this world senior season. Oliver Patrick had what was probably his best game of the season gathering six tackles, two of which were for losses. Still he hasn't lived up to the hype of being the number two defensive end prospect.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  23. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

With that Bradley has gave his commitment to the Illini

• Like Like x 1
  24. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i just wanted to say very cool and original content here josh (and zach). the pics from RTG are awesome. I'll try to add a spin on the position MVP rankings to match yalls and trey's content.

25. ZCar352

Week 5 Update
    CB Eric Thomas
    [​IMG]
    Yuma gets blown out at home 35-14 and Eric Thomas had a very disappointing effort as he only recorded two tackles. On the recruiting side of thing Ohio State has jumped to #2 behind Oregon and Eric is scheduled to visit Columbus next week. Also Eric received another scholarship offer since last week as Southern California has extended an offer to Eric in hope of wooing him away from Pac-12 rival Oregon.​
    OLB Clayton Bradley
    [​IMG]
    East Peoria comes away with a 19-10 win over Palatine. Clayton Bradley had a very productive game as he had 6 Tackles 2 for a loss and he had 1 sack. Just like Eric Thomas Clayton Bradley has a new #2 school as Wisconsin jumps Missouri but as of right now Illinois has a huge lead on Wisconsin and it looks like Clayton could sign his commitment papers any day now.​