2013 Bowl Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Bowl Week 3

We are now into bowl Week 3. 7 games to be played, 1 user game which is the orange bowl.

Lets try to get em done asap. Bowl recaps should be posted here or in your team summary. Good luck this week guys

Next ADV no later than sunday night but should be alot sooner.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 21
    Arizona St- 18

Offense couldn't rebound from the loss to Texas and struggled with 7 TO's with 6 INT. Defense played great holding the Sun Devils to 258yds and forcing 2 TO's. Hopefully Johnson has a great off season because 6 INT's is not gonna win many more games next season.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 31

Miami 21

Coach Brave and the Hurricanes had their chance to get revenge as they matched up against the Buckeyes in the Orange Bowl. They came out strong scoring a TD while keeping the Buckeyes offense extremely limited in the redzone. 7-0. with about 1:30 left in the half when OSU scored to tie it up. With only 57 seconds many would think ok 7-7 at half. No, Miami scores in about 30 seconds and OSU responds in the remaining 22, making 14-14 at half. Ohio State got the ball to start and scored. It was all Buckeyes from there as they held strong on D and managed to keep the lead and prove they could manage not to choke. HB Hyde led the Buckeyes today, a switch from the usual passing attack. Excellent game Brave, GG. Very defensive.

Rhoden finished off his Sophomore season on a rather unsatisfying performance, going over 200 yards but not throwing any TD's just 3 picks. Senior WR Jackson and Carter finished their OSU Careers with decent days. HB Hyde also finishes his OSU Career with a GREAT day. Good luck guys, we'll miss you, both shall be remembered as great Buckeye receivers.

A total of 16 Seniors will be leaving, maybe a couple of Juniors as well...next season might be a transition year and more focused on recruiting.

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Alabama 40
    Oklahoma 21

Ugly, Ugly game for the Sooners. Before I knew it the score was 26-0 and All-World HB Trent Richardson had 3 TD and 180 yards. That was when the whistle blew to end the first quarter. I never had a chance to recover. The WR's could not get any separation. Our OLine allowed 4 sacks and a butt load of pressure. The QB's combined for 4 picks. We never got a chance to establish any kind of a running game.

I hope the incoming freshman are ready to play because our offense needs a spark.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my first season in OFFL and cannot wait for season two. I struggled against the CPU but won most of them. I was dominated by the user controlled teams and hope to at least be a little competitive next year.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah Miami put up a good fight but didn't have the strength up front to stop Hyde. Run defense has been an issue for the Canes all season and this game was no exception. The big play for Hyde was a long run on the first play of the second half. Like usual my defender tried to go for the strip rather than wrap up (note: I had strip and big hit on conservative for this play and 90% of the game). On offense Miami played decent but a few picks by Highsmith cost the team points.

Kent had a huge game but could only do so much by himself. I believe he had around 150 yards receiving and 2 TD receptions. He will be missed at WR next season because he is the only fast player on Miami's offense. Sophomore Nixon and freshmen Richardson were the leaders for Miami's defense. Nixon had 2 picks while Richardson made 11 tackles in this match.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Auburn 14
    Michigan 31

The Wolverines finally get a bowl victory as they dominate the Auburn Tigers 31 - 14 in the Capital One Bowl. Stanford Carpenter continued his progression as the Michigan signal caller with 3 TDs and a pick on 141 passing yards. The Michigan backfield duo of Marshall and Smith combined for 84 yards on the ground but SO FB Travis Brown scored 3 TDs in his return after a lower leg injury midseason. Michigan's defense played well again with 10 TFL and a pair of sacks by Terrell Gandy and Wolverine all-time sack master Anthony Lalota. The season ends with a 8 - 5 overall record.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll be getting my bowl game in tomorrow night guys. Just got back into town this afternoon.

8. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I feel your pain, but share your enthusiasm. Good to finally have a third reliable opponent in the Big 12. We'll make our conference proud one day.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

So are we shooting for Sunday night for offseason stuff? I imagine we are mostly done with bowl week 3 and DJ/commish should be able to get their game in by that time, hopefully.

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I think a Sunday night offseason sounds great.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I just checked online and only UCLA and Texas have bowl games to play in week 3.

12. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 65
    Louisville - 6

Texas created 7 turnovers on the way to a blowout victory over Louisville. The Longhorns returned 2 of the 6 interceptions for touchdowns. Texas also scored on an 83 yard kickoff return to begin the second half.

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Big game tonight after Reech gets his in YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol u 2 are fun to listen to