2013 C2G User Defensive Player of the Year

Discussion in 'Cradle to Grave' started by Ryty, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Who is the 2013 User Defensive Player of the Year

1. DB Cody Riggs - FL

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. LE Shayon Green - Miami

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. MLB Chase Garnham - Vandy

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. CB John Fulton - Bama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Who you guys got for User Defensive Player of the year? In my humble opinion, here are the top 4 candidates (in no particular order) -

Cody Riggs - CB - Florida
    Why? The "do it all" defensive back accounted for 45 tackles, 7 Tackles for loss, 3 sacks and 6 interception and 5 pass deflections. He is also your 2013 Bednarik and Thorpe award winner. Undoubtedly, a fantastic season by the Junior.

[​IMG]
    Chase Garnham - MLB - Vandy
    Why? The dude had 73 tackles to lead the nation. He is unquestionably a tackling machine. He also added 18 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions (1 returned for a TD) and 3 pass deflections. He finished 2 in the voting for best LB in the nation.

[​IMG]
    Shayon Green - LE - Miami
    Why? The 2013 Lombardi and Nagurski winner had a mind-boggling 25 tackles for loss. He also added 16 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. Green is one of the big reasons that Miami is going to be playing for the National Championship tonight.
    [​IMG]
    John Fulton - CB - Bama
    Why? He finished 2nd in the nation behind Riggs for the Thorpe award and 3rd in the voting for the Bednarik award. Though he only had 13 tackles, he was the clear defensive back leader for the Tide. He lead the nation with 9 interceptions and returned 2 of those for a TD. He also added 7 pass deflections.

[​IMG]

2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

i'll take Shayon on this one, hands down. Huge reason the D was ranked #1 for the majority of the season. He is a machine and will be missed

• Like Like x 1
  3. BG

BG On The Rize!

Shayon Green is from the highschool where I currently teach

• Like Like x 2
  4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

vote leggo