2013 Chicago White Sox Preview

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NDCOLTS1979, Jun 1, 2012.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Well the White Sox went out and sold most of their team for picks. Building up the organization and building for the future is what they are doing.

1. SS Eduardo Escobar
    2. 2B Toby Gardenhire
    3. C Tyler Flowers
    4. 1B Adam Dunn
    5. RF Drew Locke
    6. CF Grady Sizemore
    7. LF Jordan Danks
    8. DH Scott Rolen
    9. 3B Brent Morel

This offseason the stop before the retirement was in Chicago at U.S Cellular where as long as they had a pulse the White Sox were buying.

1. Chris Sale
    2. Joe Blanton
    3. Chris Chen
    4. Nestor Molina
    5. Simon Castro

My prediction for this is for them to be 30 games below .500. They really need to land this draft or they will be hurting for a very long time. Better hope that whoever they pick don't flame out because with the offseason moves that was obvious to everyone they were heading to stockpile in this draft. So for them to come out of this draft and have players become nothing more than Minor Leaguers for their career will be the worst thing that could happen to the White Sox as they have not many more movable pieces on this team.

2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

We really need a "Hate" this post on tso

FYI- Greg and i are good sim buds for years. Will come off harsh to guys that dont know us

3. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I thought fire sales were bad things? Also, as a Tribe fan, I can't believe Grady isn't already injured lol

4. NDCOLTS1979

This isnt done at all lol i want to see your real lineup and ten u will get more

5. soxandgators

I know you told me in the chat on aim.......I had to use my "Hate" a post line i want it on tso so bad

6. NDCOLTS1979

Your Starting Rotation

1. Chris "I'm only guy not for" Sale- He was one of the few guys that wasn't shopped and was untouchable. He had an ok season for the White Sox last year with a 10-13 4.93era. He gives up a few to many hits but has some really good stuff. Is he a #1 starter probably not but has to step up and become one for the White Sox. He will probably finish about the same this year unless he can limit less hits. One good thing is he the Tigers have a ton less talent now.

2. Joe Blanton- He had a horrible year last season for the Phils and is hoping a new team will change his fortune. He has problems keeping guys away from home plate. 6.04 era is definately not what you want with a #2 pitcher. Maybe heading to the AL will give him the advantage but hopefully he can find himself on the right end of the record for the first time since 2010.

3. Bruce Chen- If he comes out as the 2011 Chen this could become a steal for the White Sox. Last season wasn't as successful as he would like but moving from K.C to Chicago could be just the change he needs. Only doesn't walk many but his fastball is slower than the traffic on the O'Ryan. He will be the #3 pitcher and thats probably the best spot for him.

4. Nester Molina- He had a decent season for AAA Charlotte 7-7 3.61era which isnt to bad at all. The most impressive part is the 165ks to 61bb. In 4 starts he wasn't horrible posting a 1-2 record but a 4.08era for the White Sox in his brief stint with them. Which is the best of all the SP in the rotation.

5. Simon Castro- ummm who thats exactly what the fans were thinking. He got completely ripped in AAA last season going 4-15 5.64era but the coaches are showing faith and giving him the chance to prove himself. We will see how it goes from there. Lets hope he can for the White Sox sake

This rotation will have a competiton for the worst in the ML.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soxandgators

Bro epic play on chris sale good work here

8. NDCOLTS1979

You Cant put on it on the board but beware of the future of the White Sox

You 2013 starting lineup

1. Eduardo Escobar (SS)- He may not hit well and probably no a true leadoff guy but his range is above the best in the Majors He strikesout to much to be a leadoff guy and also has really low contact ability.

2. Toby Gardenhire (2B)- This guy probably should be batting 1st in the lineup He isnt a big strikeout guy and has really good contact. Not much of a speed guy but can make contact and get on base.

3. Dayan Viciedo (RF)- He is right where he needs to be at the 3rd spot. Good Power Good Contact just needs to hope guys can get on base ahead of him. Solo shots don't hurt as much as 2 or 3 run hrs.

4. Adam Dunn (DH)- He is the prototypical cleanup guy. He is a big hr producer and can just flat out destroy the ball. The key is making contact but when he does Nasa better be ready to track the ball

5. Vlad Guerrero (LF)- If you hit the ball away from him he won't get to it. Not sure about being the 5th hitter with his ability to make contact and not strikeout. He probably be better fitted at #2 so someone is on base for the thunder and lighting of the team.

6. Brett Morel (1B)- Doesnt do anything that stands out and doesnt do anything that hurts the team either. Will be a decent #6 hitter

7. Scott Rolen (3B)- Hasn't hit in awhile but is known more for his defense than his hitting.

8. Tyler Flowers (C)- Not a hitter but his catching ability is a really strong catcher and thats all you can ask for

9. Grady Sizemore (CF)- If he can stay healthy he could be a guy who is moved up. In 33 games last year for Cleveland he hit above .300 he is definately worth the risk and could have a real strong year