2013 Draft Preview

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Jan 22, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]

Now here is the draft preview show, which of course you can't have without these guys.......

1) Titans-CB D. Settle
    Titans with the loss of Verner in the deal to Broncos could go CB here, and that's exactly what there going to do and take Franklin, who is receiving comparisons to Patrick Peterson with his big play ability, we will have to see if he can help compliment Finnegan on the other side.

2) Seahawks-LOLB B. Mills
    Seahawks are going to look for a big player defensively and none could be better at the LB position than Mills, plain and simple he is a stud.

3) Chiefs-CB C. Rango
    With Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr under contract, are going to look for a project CB and Rango could be exactly that.

4) Broncos-QB D. Dozier
    With the recent departure of Kevin Kolb the Broncos could look QB here, and who better to take for them then Dozier, the kid seems to have a complete package.

5) Rams-CB J. Reed
    Having a good defensive line, and a good LB core anchored by James Laurenitis, the Rams will take a CB to help the secondary out.

6) Bears-C B. Reilly
    Having 3 centers on the roster this might be a little confusing, but when you look at the Bears 3 centers, they are not up to par and to try to help Forte and the run game, the Bears upgrade big time at the key position.

7) Vikings-RG L. Cheetum
    With Steve Hutchinson being 34 years old, the Vikings have his replacement at LG already, but are going to need a replacement for Hutchinson in order to help the run game of AP. Minnesota will always be a run first team.

8) Cowboys-QB S. Boales
    Tony Romo has shown the inability to lead this Cowboys team and not be the elite QB many had hoped he would be, as he gets old enough to be close to dirt, the crazy man himself Jerry Jones could look for his QB of the future to pair with Dez Bryant and issue in a new era for the Cowboys

9) Bills-CB M. Saunders
    After losing both McKelvin and Aaron Williams I see the Bills going with a CB here and trying to rebuild the secondary.

10) Browns-TE C. Fletcher
    Benjamin Watson is getting old and Moore and Cameron not exactly being the greatest of backup options, Cleveland will go TE here to give another weapon to Colt McCoy and help Peyton Hillis

11) Raiders (via Eagles)-DT D. Laskowski
    Seymour was just resigned by the Raiders however, the Raiders need a replacement for his as Seymour isn't getting older and we see the Raiders thinking DT here.

12) Packers-WR J. Kilgore
    With losing Jennings to FA the Packers offense will look for a replacement here and Kilgore will get the job done for them here.

13) Patriots-DE A. Spencer
    New England wanted to address their defensive line and with Spencer sitting right there, he is just too good to pass up here. (insert pun here)

14) Raiders (via Bengals)-QB S. Boals
    With their 2nd pick in the 1st round the busy Oakland Raiders, will go QB here, after the struggles of Jason Campbell the Raiders will go with the best QB left on the board and Boals it is.

15) Buccaneers-MLB J. Houston
    Tampa Bay will look to sure up the middle of that defense and will go with Houston here to go along with a strong secondary

16) Colts-C A. Walker
    With Jeff Saturday another year old, Saturday might be on the verge of calling it quits, and Manning and Co. will surely need a replacement for him and we think this is a good place for that.

17) Cardinals-QB M. Culliver
    Kevin Kolb isn’t in town and the Cardinals are in need of a QB for the future to help keep Larry Fitzgerald happy.

18) Steelers-DT J. Jean-Louis
    With Casey Hampton being lost out to DT, the Steelers will need the big man in the middle to aid that 3-4, and Jean-Louis will be the new big man in the middle.

19) Broncos (via Jaguars)-WR A. Gilbert
    With Denver taking a QB earlier, give him a new weapon to go along with Thomas and the strong run game.

20) Panthers-WR A. Powe
    Steve Smith is currently seeing all his option as a FA, so the Panthers will look to take the new version of him here with Powe.

21) Dolphins-DE D. Spencer
    Miami is going with the pass rushing ability as neither of the current DE are great pass rushers so we see Miami going pass rusher here.

22) Chargers-SS D. Dickerson
    San Diego is going to go to with Dickerson here, as most of Chargers are still in tact, but the SS position needs some upgrading.

23) Saints-ROLB J. Watts
    Watts will help the Saints defense get a little better to hopefully edge the Falcons for next season and stay ahead of the tough pack in the NFC South

24) Giants-CB E. Hopkins
    Giants will look to get a CB to try and find a replacement for the aging Corey Webster but for now could serve as a good number 3.

25) Lions-DE M. Simmons
    With Vanden Bosch being a year older and if the Lions look to get back to the playoffs next year and give Megatron and that offense some help they will need it on the defensive side of the ball. We know they can put up points, but now it’s a matter of limiting the points against them.

26) Raiders-CB E. Justice
    With their 3rd pick of the first round the Raiders go out and get a CB to help that secondary after landing a big DT and QB in the first round the Raiders take a CB to try and stop some of the high powered offenses of the league.

27) Cowboys (via Ravens)-C A. Walker
    Dallas will look to sure up the middle of the offensive line and upgrade at the C position.

28) Redskins-WR J. Watson
    Redskins currently have two WR under contract and need some WR to give Newcomer some weapons, Redskins go with Watson here to add to the WR core, in hopes of going back to the playoffs next year.

29) Raiders (via Texans)-Traded
    That’s right in this draft preview we even will state when we believe a pick will be traded, having 3 first round picks already we see the Raiders making a deal here to move this pick and acquire either picks for next year or for a player.

30) 49ers-CB K. Davis
    49ers have a good decent group of CB but with playing in a pass happy NFC, you can never have too many good CB’s and with Carlos Rogers turning 31, might need to look to the future.

31) Cowboys (via Falcons)-OLB J. Boseman
    Dallas will look for a big time OLB to take the place of Ware, who is sitting in Baltimore, with Jones second pick of the first round this is our guess, however who really knows with senile Jerry Jones.

32) Jets-QB J. Arrington
    Having just won the Superbowl and losing QB Mark Sanchez to FA, and RB Shonne Greene the Jets could go one of two routes but how do you build a team is by having that franchise QB and can always go RB later on in the draft. We think the Jets will go with Arrington here.

Hopefully, everyone enjoyed the preview I broke down each team and saw what big areas of needs are, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to go there, not even myself because my draft board has a lot of variations and I chose not to put my actual picks up in order to protect what I was thinking, can't give away my actual thoughts on my own draft board. (y)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great job!

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great job nut

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Nice job but what about FS Carter and MLB Hubert? Two of the best players in the draft, these guys are going in the top 10.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I know I just didn't see a team with the dire need for the FS that's the big issue, but I do imagine him as being a high draft pick, and MLB Hubert will also, but it depends on what goes on with teams and you were one that I thought Hubert would go too with the aging MLB but during the podcast you had mentioned CB so I figured you went there, but I could see you going with Hubert at number 3.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

kdpnutter nice write-up man, how can I view the draft class??

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

You'll be able to see the draft class tomorrow when Keller advances it, me I went to the offline franchise and did up 5 draft classes and broke all of them down. I am using the draft class that I think is the best bet on which one will be the one for us.

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm so afraid of retirements this year. Manning, Saturday, Brackett, Vinatieri...

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

These names are wrong, if I'm not mistaken, but excellent work Nutter

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Son of a, lol well it could be one of the other four draft classes I have broken down, or it could not be any of them...........and then I'm screwed.