2013 Duck Digest

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Dec 8, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

2013 Duck Digest

Oregon: 32
    #15 Georgia Tech: 22

Yesterday marked the birth of a new era of Oregon Duck Football. Coach Hood took his squad into Atlanta and pulled off an early season upset over the Yellow Jackets.

GT got the scoring started when they punched it in on an opening drive that lasted about half the 1st qtr and where they Jackets would not be stopped on 3rd down. Oregon then got the ball and made a FG late in the first. GT continued to move the ball well against this Oregon D as they put up another TD early on in the second. Oregon once again countered with a FG. With just under a minute remaining in the half Oregon forced GT to punt and the Ducks marched right down the field and finally got in the end-zone. The 2 pt attempt to tie failed though, 14-12 GT at the half.

Oregon got the ball to start the second half and the offense continued to move the ball. QB Daryle Hawkins started to connect with some of his wideouts, but the end result was yet another field goal. The Oregon D then took the field and took this game over. They completely shut down the triple option attack, getting the ball right back to the offense. The offense responded with a TD drive and then after another 3 n out forced by the D the Ducks scored on a screen play to put them up 29-14. GT got back on the board with just under 4 minutes remaining but a late Oregon field goal would seal the deal.

It was a big win for Coach Hood. This was just the first of four straight road games against ranked opponents to start the year, but Oregon started it on the right foot. Up next is Coach Vinsanity and his 7th ranked Buckeyes.

Screen Pass TD to Xavier Parker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2gquekVQpo

Key Stats
    ORE QB D.Hawkins: 9-15 209 yds 2 TD, 33 rush yds
    ORE RB T.Knox: 9 att 63 yds 1 TD
    GT QB J.Luallen: 8-11 97 yds 2 TD
    GT DE E.Dieke: 13 tack 3 tfl 2 sacks

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Oregon vs. Ohio State

Oregon: 14
    #7 Ohio State: 35

The Ducks headed into Ohio Stadium looking to pull off the upset while they were very aware they were heavy underdogs. They put up a fight but in the end came up short.

The Ducks forced OSU to punt on their first drive but Talib Knox fumbled it right back to the Buckeyes on the first play which set up OSU's first TD of the day. The Ducks D continued to do a good job after that 1st series, while the offense continued to sputter. They finally broke loose in the 2nd quarter when Knox scored from 1 yard out. However Ohio State was able to move the ball well after the kickoff and punched it in with 20 seconds remaining in the half, 14-7 OSU.

Oregon recieved to start the 2nd half but was unable to take advantage of its oppurtunity to tie, something that became the theme for the game. Ohio State's running game was torching the Ducks and OSU was up 2 TD's in the fourth when a Curtis Battle TD pulled Oregon to within 7. The defense needed a stop but was unable to hold and OSU connected on a 58 yard TD pass. the Ducks did not quit as they were in position to make it a game again but a pick six from the red-zone killed all hopes.

The score of this game really does not do it justice. The Ducks were out matched talent wise but they put up a fight and were just a few plays or missed oppurtunities away from possibly winning this one. Coach Hood was dissapointed in the end result but encouraged by the way his guys played against a superior opponent. Up next is JCA and his Michigan Woverines, a game that the Ducks see as very winable.

OSU pick six to seal the deal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZgeHWY2q0k

Key Performers
    OSU RB J.Hall: 23 att 217 yds 1 TD
    OSU LB D.Bell: 10 tack
    ORE QB D.Hawkins: 15-23 130 yds 1 INT, 38 rush yds
    ORE RB T.Knox: 19 att 75 yds 1 TD, 4 rec 32 yds

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Michigan & USC

These two losses were maddening for Coach Hood. I knew coming into this strecth it would be tough but I felt as if we could compete, and we did just that.

We went into Ann Arbor and took it to the Wolverines throughout the first half. My offense was stellar and the defense was stout. 21-0 Oregon at the half. It looked like we were on our way to a big time upset. Then everything changed. Michigan scored right away in the 2nd half, and my defense could not make a stop at all. UM stormed back and it was 21-21 after 3. The fall from grace continued in the 4th as Michigan would win on a late kick. 31-28. JCA is a great guy to have around and 1 hell of a competitior, just wanna throw that out there. I was extremely dissapointed in this, just found a way to lose.
    This video best describes my post game feelings...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I headed to SoCal with an upset on my mind and yet again we almost pulled it off just to blow a second half lead. We were up 24-20 after 3 but USC stormed back. My defense dissapeared for the second straight game and my offense shit itself in a key moment yet again. I was encouraged that we hung around with such a talented team and great Coach, my buddy JFunk but as Herm Edwards said, " You play to win the game."

We have made good use of our bye week and have a ton of recruits coming in this week against Stanford, our first home game of the year. We need this win to get us back on track, gotta get this thing rolling.

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

wow, a couple of real tough loses

5. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Stanford vs. Oregon

Stanford: 15
    Oregon: 30

The Ducks finally had a home game and they made the most of this rare occurance. Stanford hung around but never really had much of a chance as the Ducks found 1 way or another to stay on top. Stanford didn't even score until the 4th quarter, it was yet another ugly 4th for the Ducks. The Ducks also had to deal with a rash of injuries that knocked players out throught the game, both starting QB Darryle Hawkins and RB Talib Knox had to leave the game. Everyone that played was effective though, and that's a big reason we came out with the victory.

Key Players
    ORE RB C.Battle: 15 att 138 yds 1 TD
    ORE WR C.Harper: 3 rec 48 yds 1 TD

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Oregon vs. Washington State

Oregon: 24
    Washington State: 10

This game unfortunately had to be simmed due to my malfunctioning PS3 but luckily for me my Ducks prevailed without their coach. The defense completely dominated the Cougars offense, only surrendering 128 total yards. Offensively Talib Knox had a great game on the ground and Xavier Parker had a career day recieving.

Key Players
    ORE RB T.Knox: 36 att 163 yds 2 TD
    ORE WR X.Parker: 12 rec 182 yds 1 TD

7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Oregon vs. Arizona State

Oregon: 49
    Arizona State: 37

Oregon entered Sun Devil Stadium looking to not only get above the .500 mark but also top their win total form all of last season. The Ducks would accomplish both on this day.

This one was full of excitement and explosion plays and it was like that right off the bat. ASU scored on its first drive and Oregon came right back. The scoring would continue throughout this one. The offenses were just on a rabid pace, the teams combined for over 800 yards of total offense. Luckily for Coach Hood, the Ducks offense was the better unit on this day. QB Daryle Hawkins was very effective and efficient and Talib Knox ran hard as usual. The Ducks won this one on a strong 4th quarter performance in which they scored 3 TD’s.

Key Stats

ORE QB D.Hawkins: 15-21 214 yds 2 TD, 1 rush TD
    ORE RB T.Knox: 19 att 86 yds 1 TD
    ORE WR X.Parker: 4 rec 96 yds 1 TD

8. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Arizona vs. Oregon

Arizona: 0
    Oregon: 35

This was a very impressive performance for the Ducks. The Wildcats never even had a chance. The Duck defense was quacking at full speed in this one and frustrated Arizona’s offense all day. The Duck offense was efficient throughout, being careful with the ball while wearing down the opponent. Talib Knox led the way with 116 yards on the ground. Daryle Hawkins was having a good game until he got hit hard upon releasing the ball…It was the worst play of the year for this resurgent program. Hawkins was lost for the season due to injury. Backup Nic Clarke came in and did a solid job but Hawkins will be sorely missed. This was the Ducks first shutout of the year and despite the injury to the captain Coach Hood is very upbeat about what the rest of the season holds for this squad.

Key Stats
    ORE RB T.Knox: 16 att 116 yds 1 TD
    ORE TE T.Lester: 5 rec 50 yds 1 TD