2013 Freshman of the year Watch list

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ghost, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

STANFORD

WR Joe Fry 6'3 lacks breakout speed but has great jumping ability, hands especially in the clutch when the game is on the line. Great route running ability

Shane Fontenot (RS) 78 overall Freshman was nominated by his coach so i will tell you a little about him. He has the speed to be an elite slot wr for a year or two. i promise you it will be not too smart to play man on him because along with that speed and acceleration and route running for a freshman. He reminds me on a Alshon Jeffery or Fuller from Texas A&M. He's not the greatest but will soon emerge as one of the top wrs by his sophmore or junior year.

Also Kicker Kevin Snyder, I doubt he will win the award but I promise you I bet you he will be making some clutch GW field goals for Stanford this year and in the future. He lacks the power to kick those 50-60 yard fg's but has the accuracy to go perfect the whole season without missing a kick.

Michigan State

6’3 245 LE Wade Clark is one of the rare true freshmen starting for the Michigan State Spartans. He lacks the strength to ram right through Tackles but has the quickness and swift moves. Look for him to have about 5 sacks this season
    Justin Johnson RT: Justin is a Redshirt Freshman but has great awareness (76) and excellent acceleration (95) to go along with solid blocking skills (79 pass, 77 run). He will be entrusted to protect the front side rush on passing downs and seal the edge on the patented Michigan State Power-O run.

Jeremy Brown HB: Jeremy is not slated to be the starting running back, but he could end the year as such. He has great speed (97) to go along with good acceleration (88) and elusiveness (83).
    Kicker Carlos Barber has great power for a freshman and has some nice accuracy I expect him to be better than fellow freshman kicker Kevin Snyder.

USC

USC has no freshman starting for them this year

SOUTH CAROLINA

Scott Harper has nice average speed for a TE lacks the consistency for catching the ball and you can rely on him to block for you on the run more than the pass. I expect him to catch about 15-20 passes this season.

Sapp Stevie has tremendous acceleration for a RG. He has 78 speed an98 acceleration I think you will see lattimore fumbling on purpose just to let his fellow friend carry the ball a few times lol just joking, but for a freshman he looks to be a solid starter and will get better and better every year.

Really hard to tell who is starting at this position but it looks as if Robert Bryant is the starter over Mark Walters.

Phil Charles- Great height, great speed, solid man coverage and zone coverage expect him to have about 4 picks with the way teams throw to the slot wrs these days.

ILLINOIS

Illinois has not starting freshman correct me if I’m wrong ea sportzkiller

ALABAMA

This is by far the best Kicker I have ever seen come out in his freshman year.

An 84 no redshirt Kicker Expect him to have a big year truly a big one.

Ernest Ross already has 87 Kick power and 84 kick accuracy as freshman great. Great recruit you got there Mike.

LSU

LSU has no Starting Freshman. Correct me if I’m wrong Adam.

OHIO STATE

Great Punter- Enough Said

UTAH

Utah has no starting freshman except a Punter. Keith Fletcher, son of All pro Linebacker London Fletcher is starting his freshman year as an Outside Linebacker. He looks to make a big impact and lead his team to a NC championship this year.

NEBRASKA

Kellen Pettit brother of Austin comes in his freshman year starting for last year’s runner up Nebraska Cornhuskers. He has great speed and average tackling ability.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost

3. Ghost

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Nice write-up Gho5t9! Now, are you only including True Freshman in your watch list?

Just a few comments on Michigan State:

Wade Clark will be Redshirted as the Michigan State coaches feel that he could use the year to increase his strength and athleticism as he would be a liability in the running game. You're on the right track though, as fellow True Freshman Jonathan Rogers will start at LE for the Spartans. Rogers is not as fast or as quick as Clark, but he has better strength (81) and better pass rushing ability than Clark (power 83, finesse 81).

Other Freshman to watch out for:

Justin Johnson RT: Justin is a Redshirt Freshman but has great awareness (76) and excellent acceleration (95) to go along with solid blocking skills (79 pass, 77 run). He will be entrusted to protect the front side rush on passing downs and seal the edge on the patented Michigan State Power-O run.

Jeremy Brown HB: Jeremy is not slated to be the starting running back, but he could end the year as such. He has great speed (97) to go along with good acceleration (88) and elusiveness (83).

• Like Like x 1
  5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Gho5t9

You need to add Shane Fontenot to the list along with John Holt. They are both redshirt freshman with Fontenot starting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oregon- True freshman Jordy Barnett will receive the start at LE. Great at getting off the block and attacking the ball carrier.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

yea only the true freshman because some redshirt freshman tend to be a little better sometimes

8. Ghost

but ill add the redshirt freshman you guys tell me about and thanks hopefully when we get to mid season ill be doing more content

9. Connor

Connor Walk On

I believe my best rated RB Smith is a freshman. Him and Green will trade out often.

10. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Gho5t9
    Good idea here (y) my only criticism is that black colored font is hard to read (maybe Grey for Ohio State?)

As for my team...
    Yes the punter (Outlaw) is a man already, can't complain with 90 kick power as a freshman
    He is my only freshman starter and don't see any others making a big impact unless injuries hit hard.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Michigan State Freshman Update

HB Jeremy Brown (rs) - 112 carries for 781 yards, 6.97 avg, 3 TD; 7 receptions for 86 yards, 2 TD
    Jeremy established himself as the #1 running back at the end of the Stanford game and hasn't looked back. His great speed and elusiveness make him a threat to go the distance every play. The only concern for Jeremy is injury risk as he has missed time in several games as a result of various ailments.

DE Jonathan Rodgers - 12 tackles, 5 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 FR
    Jonathan has been a steady presence on the Spartan D-Line and as a True Freshman has been surprisingly great at establishing the edge, helping Michigan State to the 5th best run defense in the nation.

T Justin Johnson - 4 Pancake Blocks, 1 Sack Allowed
    Justin has done a remarkable job in pass protection, and has contributed to the Spartan rushing attack after initially struggling against Alabama and Stanford.

12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'll get an update on here tonight about USC's (RS) Freshman Free Safety..... Dude has been a beast since I took over!

13. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG]
    #26 FS, Trey Foster, (RS) Freshman
    Foster has had a breakout season under new coach Neal Hennessy. Foster is currently a leading finalist for multiple defensive awards, including the Bednarik (#1), Nagurski (#1), and Thorpe (#1) and it looks like he will win one or more. As a result, he should be the early favorite for national defensive freshman of the year.

Through Regular Season:
    • 82 Total Tackles
    • 41 Solo Tackles
    • 18 Tackles for a loss
    • 9.5 Sacks
    • 4 Interceptions
    • 4 Passes Defensed
    • 1 Forced Fumble
    • 2 Fumble recoveries
    • 3 Defensive TDs (73 yard FR, 32 yard FR, 73 yard INT)
    • 1 Safety

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Those are some nice stats. Do you control him and/or switch to him or all CPU?

15. Wyrmreaver

vs the CPU I user control him almost every snap, vs human I try and mix up who I user control to try and keep people off balance

16. Wyrmreaver

updated stats through 11 games for my guy

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Stanford's Joe Fry
    38-519 3 TDs

Shane Fontenot
    23-458-1 TD

18. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG]
    #38 HB, Sean Howell, (RS) Freshman
    A second nominee for freshman of the year from USC, this time on the offense. Howell was just a reserve back until starter Dillon Baxter went down with an injury against South Carolina in week 9. Howell established himself as the go-to back in Baxter's absence including key runs in the Trojans win over Stanford. With Baxter still questionable for next weeks regular season finale against UCLA, expect Howell to get the ball a lot for the fourth consecutive game.

Through Regular Season:
    • 728 yards rushing
    • 7.35 yards per carry
    • 11 rushing Touchdowns
    • 12 catches for 91 yards
    • Over 100 yards in all four of his starts

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

True Freshman
    CB Brandon Cox
    26 total tackles
    22 solo
    13 tackles for loss
    11 Sacks
    1 INT
    2 Forced Fumbles
    1 Fumble Recovery
    1 Touchdown

Only on the field for maybe 50 to 60% of the game, but after looking at his stats, I may have to use him a lot more than I have been. Didn't realize he was having such a good season.

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Are you a big fan of CB Blitzes? That's quite the sacks for a DB.

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

22. Wyrmreaver

Updated stats through regular season finale for both of my nominees

23. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

[​IMG]
    *Might as well post the only Freshman that plays for me lol

Phillip Bailey - QB #1
    Passer Rating: 169.4
    Yards: 992
    Yards Per Game: 124
    Touchdowns: 7
    Completion %: 60