2013 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by recchem2000, Jul 12, 2013.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Post them up...

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

UO 37
    USF 0

The Ducks defense did what it set out to do hit the QB and create TO. Led by JR DE Tony Washington who had 4 of the 5 duck sacks helped create 5 TO including 1 sack fumble. De'Anthony Thomas well held in check on offense all game and was a non-factor most of the game until he returned a punt 72 yds for the scorea couple minutes into the 3rd.

Mariota 12/14 141yds 1td 1int 32yds rushing 1TD
    Thomas 10 att 26yds 1PRTD
    Hawkins 3rec 24yds 1 TD

1140 coach xp earned

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG] 45
    [​IMG] 0

Notre Dame travelled to Margantown ranked #7 in the country despite questions about their starting QB situation after the departure of Everett Golston. West Virginia handed the reins to freshman Ford Childress after a competitive fall camp at QB. The Irish struggled to move the ball. While Tommy Rees didnt throw any interceptions, he also didnt complete many balls down field, instead relying on checkdowns and short completions that ultimately couldn't sustain drives. Childress on the other hand was on fire, completing 15 of 19 throws for 243 yards and 3 scores while gaining an additional 39 yards on the ground before hitting the showers early in the third quarter. Starting HB Charles Sims racked up 109 yards and a pair of TDs to help balance the offense as the Mountaineers rolled in this one.

Key Stats:
    Total Offense: WVU-516, ND-172
    T.O.P.: WVU-18:22, ND-9:38

425 XP earned. I have no clue how BBJ got 1100!?!?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Arizona 10
    Wisconsin 9

Arizona's offense looked pretty bad to start off this game, with star HB Ka'Deem Carey being bottled up for the most part. In a defensive ballgame, Wisconsin was able to manage 2 field goals to take a 6-0 lead after 3 quarters. At that point Arizona only had about 100 yards of total offense, but down just 6 points, they were optimistic. An Arizona drive, and a Ka'Deem Carey TD run gave them the 7-6 lead with just 3:51 and they just had to stop a Wisconsin team that hadn't done much all day. With a good passing game, Wisconsin was able to get into field goal range, making one with 1:34 left after forcing 3 Arizona time outs. Freshman QB Javelle Allen led a drive, hitting Carey and WR Garic Wharton on big pass plays. This set Arizona up for an easy 33-yard FG as time expired, allowing them to escape with a 10-9 lead and a lot of questions about the offense.

QB Javelle Allen- 7 for 8 for 121 yards
    HB Ka'Deem Carey- 28 carries for 105 yards, TD
    WR Garic Wharton- 3 receptions for 82 yards

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

See Wyrmreaver....Cheez isn't the only user who won't throw the ball. :D

6. Wyrmreaver

As soon as Carey leaves, I expect to see Kapono slinging it all over the field again just like last year.

7. Dru50

Boise St 31
    Fresno St 28

I'm in trouble with this team. On AA and I needed a last second FG to beat the lower rated Bulldogs. Ohhh boy.

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

31[​IMG]vs[​IMG]14

Defense Leads Mustangs to Victory
    defeat UConn 31-14

The expectation going into the game against the Huskies was that the SMU offense would score at will, while the SMU defense would do just enough to allow the Mustangs to escape with a victory. Things turned out much different than expected, as it was the SMU defense that led the way, while the offense was pedestrian.

The Mustangs survived three first-half interceptions of QB Garrett Gilbert and managed to eek out a 7-6 halftime lead. The offense picked it up a notch in the second half, scoring 10 points in the third quarter, with Gilbert throwing a TD pass to WR Der'rikk Thompson to give SMU a 17-6 lead. Though the Huskies cut the lead to 17-14 early in the fourth, SMU would respond with a short TD run by HB Rishaad Wimbley. On the ensuring possession, the Mustang defense sealed the game with an INT TD by SS Shakiel Randolph from 61 yards out.

Notable Stats
    QB Garrett Gilbert - 23/33, 311 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
    HB Rishaad Wimbley - 10 car, 67 yards, TD, long 16
    WR Der'rikk Thompson - 6 rec, 97 yards, TD, long 32
    WR Jeremy Johnson - 7 rec, 64 yards, long 16
    DE Andrew McCleneghen - 5 tack, 3 TFL, 3 sack

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

42[​IMG]@[​IMG]14

California came out firing on all cylinders to start of 2013 with a bang and open the Cal reign of Jayrah. Treggs and Harper both caught touchdowns from freshman Zach Kline, who had a nice day in his freshman debut, going 14-20 for 263, 2 TDs and 1 Int. Brendan Bigelow stole the show by going for 158 on the ground with 4 trips to paydirt on 19 tries.

For NU, their star Venrick Mark scored early but got knocked out of the game for the final three and 1/2 quarters, basically sealing the Wildcats' fate. 7 sacks also didn't help the Wildcats' cause while Kain Colter went a very pedestrian 12-17 for 105 yards.

Cal now gets ready for a much stiffer challenge against SatansAngel1104's Cowboys from the Big 12. Should be a very interesting game.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Good god man...UCLA survives at home against Nevada, 49-45. Nevada dominated in TOP and Yards. They never punted and I don't think they turned it over once. Luckily I forced them to a few FG's instead of TD's or my ass was grass in this one. It took 2 Kick off returns and a big day from Brett Hundley to overcome the balanced Wolfpack attack. Hundley went 17/21 for 306 yards and 5 TD's. Up next a trip to Auburn...im scared shitless of whats gonna happen in this one!

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Arizona 36
    UNLV 6

After struggling at home against Wisconsin, Arizona was able to get the offense going with Ka'Deem Carey breaking loose often. Arizona only allowed 2 first half FG's while holding UNLV to 119 yards of total offense and 4 turnovers and a safety. Arizona led 22-6 at half and put the game away early. QB Javelle Allen was efficient, completing 13 of 15 passes and Ka'Deem Carey looked great, running for 228 yards and 2 scores.

QB Javelle Allen- 13-15 for 134 yards, 2 TD, 12 carries for 17 yards
    HB Ka'Deem Carey- 23 carries for 228 yards, 2 TD
    HB D. Jenkins- 11 carries for 43 yards
    WR Austin Hill- 4 receptions for 47 yards
    WR Garic Wharton- 4 receptions for 53 yards, TD

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Virginia 16
    UO 13

Turnovers and lack of anything remotely looking like Offense plagued the ducks. Probably the most embarrassing L's i have ever took in a OD. We will just erase this from the memory banks and try to get back into the title picture some how.

13. Wyrmreaver

West Virginia 20
    Oklahoma 19

Freshman QB Ford Childress showed his immaturity with 4 INTs in this one. Lucky for the Mountaineers they had a solid run game with Charles Sims over 100 yards for the second straight week while the defense got the stops they needed despite some serious CPU hurry up screen pass cheese.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

North Texas - 21
    TCU - 55

It was all about the ground game for the Horned Frogs, racking up 334 yards rushing. HB Weylon James led the way with 173 yards on 17 carries along with two touchdowns. QB Casey Paschall also had a good day going 13-18 and 188 yards through the air with three touchdowns and also adding 90 yards on 12 carries. When the ball was aired out, WR Brandon Carter was the big target, catching 5 balls for 120 yards and a score and adding 30 yards on the ground

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Breaking news - the Longhorns have renewed their rivalry with the Aggies. The Aggies of New Mexico St, that is. It didn't start off well. First offensive play of the game and TE McFarland fumbled the ball after a catch, leading to a NMSU FG. HB Bergeron gets the Horns up on the board with a TD. The Aggies best offensive drive of the game gets them to the Longhorns 8, but a dropped pass in the endzone leads to another FG. Texas scores touchdowns on back to back drives to take a 21-6 halftime lead.

QB Ash made a wrong read on the DE, pitching the ball right into his hands. The DE takes it all the way to the 3, and the Aggies scored on the very next play. But the Longhorns would score twice more and prevent the Aggies from getting back into the game.

#13 Texas 35 - New Mexico St 13

16. MexiRican35

Texas goes into Palo Alto and takes down the top 5 Cardinal. In the first game, WR Shipley caught a pass and broke 2 tackles for a touchdown and a 13-10 lead. Stanford would get to the Texas 14 with 1:27 remaining. That's when we got disconnected. In the second game, the Longhorns defense stood tall and forced a FG. QB Ash had about 1:05 left in real time to make something happen. Ash delivered a 44 yard TD to WR Davis for the go-ahead score. A QB Hogan pick would end any chance for a Stanford comeback. GG Cheez

#12 Texas 20 - #3 Stanford 13 (real score)

17. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

BTW SatansAngel1104's Oklahoma State team broke Cal's spirit last night. It was a very good game until the second half. The difference was that he scored 4 first half TDs while I scored 4 first half FG's and only 1 TD. Then in the second half we couldn't contain the running game. YAY, onto #2 CPU Ohio State to follow up that shallacking!

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 21
    Boise State - 9

UCLA goes into Boise and knocks off the Broncos despite almost having a seizure from looking at that freaking blue turf all game long!

The Bruins struck first in this one, taking a 14-0 lead behind some big plays on offense. Damien Thigpen took a screen pass 61 yards for a score. And Malcom Jones capitalized on a Jordan James long run to set up the 2nd TD. Boise bounced back and made it 14-7 game just before half on a 2 yard TD pass from QB Southwick to WR Rhodes. But the Bruins weren't done. They marched down the field in less than a minute and scored on a Brett Hundly 7 yard TD run.

The 2nd half was full of turnovers...Bronco turnovers. A pick on the first drive of the 2nd half at UCLA 2 yard line would result in a safety as the momentum carried the safety into the endzone and the blind ass refs called a safety :) UCLA offense would sputter most of the 2nd half but Boise continued to turn it over. The Bruins finally got a drive going late in the 4th to milk the clock and the secure the road win.

Good game Dru50 I think this might be the first time I have ever beat you. Might be my last too :p

UCLA Stats
    QB Hundley 12/13 187 Yards, 1 TD
    HB Jones 14 Carries, 40 Yards
    HB Thigpen 4 Carries, 55 Yards
    HB James 3 Carries, 46 Yards
    WR Evans 5 Catches, 56 Yards

Boise State Stats
    QB Southwick 10/18 147 Yards, 1 TD, 4 INT's
    HB Ajayi 15 Carries, 124 Yards
    TE Huff 4 Catches, 39 Yards

19. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I think everyone is lining up to play Dru50 right about now...before he figures it out.

20. Dru50

Good game recchem2000. I told my coaches to make December vacation plans, cause I ain't going anywhere near a bowl with this shithouse defense.

21. Dru50

Early line on next week - whygodwhy1111 by about 115 points.

22. Dru50

The upside for everyone is you won't have me bugging you guys to advance quick anymore.

23. Dru50

It's official, Kapono is the new Cheez.

Just saw on the dynasty wire he went 3/5 passing for 20 yards in a win vs Texas....meanwhile Kadeem Carey ran 31 times for 228 yards. :eek:

24. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Wait until you see my rushing totals lol

25. MexiRican35

I tried everything to stop Carey, but nothing worked. It didn't help that I couldn't hold onto the ball on offense.

I even shut down Cheez HB on the road. Tale of two games.