2013 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 10, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

They go here. DBAD (Don't be a douche) and not post a little something about a user game that you won. Give us CPU scores and a line or two at least.

Thank you. :)

2. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

UVA: 56 Ball St: 10
    Ball State QB Keith Wenning did all that he could to keep his team in the game, but it wasn't enough. His pick-6 in the second quarter returned 68 yards by CB Demetrious Nicholson put the nail in the coffin. The new-look UVA offense looked great with HB Kevin Parks and QB David Watford combing for 234 yards on the ground. Watford added 237 yards in the air to keep the defense honest. Good start to a new era down in Charlottesville.

POG: QB David Watford- 15-7 237 yards and 2 TDs passing; 8 Carries 99 yards and 1 TD rushing

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Aggies - 49
    Rice Owls - 35

In a showcase of two teams with zero defense, the Aggies were able to hold off an amazing performance by Rice QB Taylor McHargue. McHargue ran 17 times for 225 yards, completed 16-19 passed for 200 something, and accounted for 4 TDs. It was amazing. That said, Johnny Manziel had a nice performance of his own, rushing for over a hundred yards and throwing for 290 while accounting for 5 TDs.

Tied late in the 3rd at 28, the Aggies were able to get a couple of stops and went up two scores to seal the deal late in the game.

1-0 is 1-0...could be a long season if the defense does not improve!

• Like Like x 2
  4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]
    Texas wins at home, 31-28
    Austin, TX -- The collective sigh of relief from DKR stadium could be heard across the country today as the Longhorns squeaked past the BYU Cougars. There was a lot of pressure on the new coaching staff and a Week 1 loss would have broke the internet and possibly sparked a revolt in Austin.

J. Gray had a great day carrying the ball, going for 123yd and 2TD on 21 carries. Case McCoy, AKA Herp Derp AKA The Watcher, had a trademark game. 2TD with 2INT to go along with it. Tyrone Swoopes looked good running his package of plays. Expect Coach Max to minimize Case's role as a passer and get backup RB Malcolm Brown more involved in the game.

The Horns have a BYE week to prepare for their OOC game against Georgia, which figures to be a good measuring stick type game for both teams.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG]

Baylor Survives North Texas 28-20
    Oh man, had to shake off some rust in this one. My offense was stagnant nearly the entire 1st quarter , but towards the end I finally found the endzone on a 18 yard pass to Tevin Reese. My defense played damn near perfectly the entire first half minus giving up a FG after an INT late in the 2nd. The offense opened up a bit in the 2nd and Lache Seastrunk showed out. This kid IS the Baylor offense, im scared of what may happen if he goes down.

The third quarter was horrendous. UNT was unstoppable. The same running back who hadn't gained more than 5 yards in the 1st half was now busting off runs of 15+ yards at will as he helped UNT score 17 in a row in the third to bring them within one in the 4th. Finally things started to click again and Lache carried the rock up and down the field and the defense did just enough to keep UNT down. Quite the Scare in Week 1. We will need to tighten up as we face TAMU and Manziel next week.

POTG - Lache Seastrunk 32 Carries 180 Yards 2 TDs
    DPOTG - B. Hager 9 Solo Tackles 5 TFL

• Like Like x 6
  6. IrishBearcat

Great job on the summaries so far fellas, keep 'em coming!

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

OUCH lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. IrishBearcat

Male legs are NOT supposed to bend that way. Bucs this is an epic shot!

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

The Razorbacks beat The Ragin Cajuns 31-28

-ULL really gave the Hogs a tough game. It was almost an upset. The Hogs really had to work hard and step up just to get the win. Brandon Allen threw a couple of picks and that really helped ULL. Both passes were good reads but, the ball just sailed on him both times. The Ragin Cajuns just ran all over the Hogs. We will have to do better on defense if we want to make a bowl.

The keys to the game.
    -ULL won the turn over battle 2-0 and this kept them in the game.
    -Arkansas got the run game going and that helped.
    -The Hog defense finally stepped up in the 4th.

Key players

1. RB Alex Collins had 22 carries for 201 yards and 2 TD's

2. TE Hunter Henry had 5 catches for 70 yards

3. DE Trey Flowers had 7 tackles and 2 sacks.

Next up for the Hogs is a road game against Virginia.

10. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Lol it was great in full speed. I watched the replay for about 2 minutes.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Bulldogs improve to 1-0 with a 49-28 win over the much tougher then expected Buffs.

Gurley carried the day for us with 190 yards and 4 tds.

The Colorado QB was 14-15 in the first half his lone incompletion coming on a interception on the last play of the half hail mary.

ScreenHunter_73 Feb. 12 18.29.jpg
    ScreenHunter_74 Feb. 12 18.29.jpg

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Florida State: 51 Cal: 14

QB Jameis Winston was as advertised, going 16/12 for 201 yards and 3 tds, while throwing 1 INT. The rushing attack racked up 212 yards and 3 tds. The biggest story was the play of the defense, sacking the Cal QBs 6 times and forcing 2 INTs. Coming up is a very tough game against Alabama!

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Alabama Rolls Over Rutgers
    Tide Wins 42-17

Tuscaloosa, AL- The first game of the Coach Stewart era got off to the right start with Alabama knocking off the Rutgers Scarlet Knights at home to move to 1-0. AJ McCarron and TJ Yeldon led the offense to 535 yards of offense and helped the Tide start the season off right.

TJ Yeldon carried 26 times for 220 yards and 4 TD's including a beautiful 54 yarder that put the game out of reach for Rutgers. "We don't want him to carry the ball that much normally, but today he needed to and he looked good out there. He showed good power and he showed we can depend on him when we need to." AJ McCarron threw 16/19 for 262 yards and 1 TD, as accurate as he was he still threw 2 interceptions.

The defense was led by Xzavier Dickson and Trey DePriest who both had 7 tackles, but Dickson was able to come up with a sack.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

• Like Like x 2
  15. IrishBearcat

I was scoring watching and after viewing the box score had the exact same thought. That was a game for the ages.

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Can we break these up into weeks? Use sub forums? Like (season 1 week 2 summaries) ext?

17. Twister18

I will get the summary up this afternoon. Intense and very fun game

• Like Like x 2
  18. IrishBearcat

We could. Usually leagues either do it that way or the way we're doing it now.

I don't see an advantage of one over the other. If we'd change it'd be a little easier to differentiate which game correlates with what week, but not everyone does CPU summaries. It also requires a weekly thread to be posted. Not everyone does their summaries at the same time, so sometimes the "Week 3 thread" is bumped to the top when it's week 6. They're both equally organized IMO.

I usually just specific the week of the game within my summary. Unless I'm missing something, we'll probably just stick to the current format. Good idea though.

19. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

It was epic. Funny stat line though...at one point McCarron was 10/10 with a pick. I'll let Twister18 explain that one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Oh ok that's cool. I forgot we don't play users every week. lol I've been in a Madden league for a while so I'm used to doing summaries every week. How we have it fine

• Like Like x 2
  21. IrishBearcat

Math can't even explain that stat-line!

Was the pick on a penalty or something?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Twister18

Florida State: 50 Alabama:44 (4OT)
    The second game of the 2014 season was a barnburner, knucklewringer, or any one of the overused cliches that are used to describe a game that has both coaches reaching for the tums and a stiff drink afterwards. This game between the Seminoles and Tide was the second most intense game I have ever played ( Bondzai ) which saw Notre Dame and Michigan go to 7 OTs to decide the outcome years ago. On a side note, I couldn't figure out how to get the highlights to upload to youtube but you will have to look at the dynasty page.

The Tide received the ball first and Hornfan immediately went to work on the Seminoles front seven, hammering them into submission with TJ Yeldon, who ripped through the line for a huge 42 yard gain. Yeldon would eventually score from 1 yard out for a 7-0 Tide lead. The Seminoles and Winston roared back to tie the ballgame at 7 with TE Nick O'Leary catching a 14 yard TD pass to end the 1st Quarter.

The second quarter opened with FSU getting a huge stop on third down, only to have Foster nail a 33 yard FG to give the Tide a 10-7 lead. The Seminoles would grind out a long drive to have FB Chad Abrams punch it in from the 1 foot line to give FSU a 14-10 lead. Bama would run the quarter down to 15 clicks and score on a sweet 5 yard TD pass from McCarron to Kenny Bell. The Seminoles would get the ball and have time for 1 big play so the defense was spread out and the ball was lofted to 6'5" WR Kelvin Benjamin who had gotten behind the defense for a sure TD when he spotted Katheryn Webb in the end zone winking at him, allowing the Tide DB to drag him short of the goal line after a 57 yard gain. The Tide would go into the half with a 17-14 lead.

Sidenote: I also blame Webb for causing the botched INT because at the moment CB Lamarcus Joyner picked off the AJ pass and turned to head toward the EZ, Brent Musburger burst into the room screaming like a teenage boy after spotting Webb and distracted Joyner into lateraling the ball back to the Tide WR as a fumble. It was totally not the duma$$ user (me) that had a brain fart after making a pick.

The third quarter the defenses took over. The halftime adjustments these 2 coaches made were spot on and the offenses sputtered.

The fourth quarter began with the Seminoles working the run game to set up the pass and Winston decided to strike on a stop and go route to speedy WR Rashad Greene, which burned the DB for a 68 yard td pass, giving FSU the 21-17 lead. The Tide would go on a huge time consuming drive, which ate up alot of the clock, converting third down after third down, and end with FB Fowler scoring from 1 yard out, putting the Tide back out in front 24-21 with less than 2 minutes to play. The Sems would get close to the end zone but decided to play it safe and kick a 42 yard FG to send it to OT.

The OT was a nailbiter (I did actually grab a bud outta the fridge to prepare for it). The Tide scored first on a nice 16 yard pass to Christion Jones. FSU would answer back with a 3 yard TD to Benjamin. The Seminoles would score from 2 yards out on a run from James Wilder. The Tide would roar right back on a 7 yard run from Kenyan Drake. Then the 2 pt conversions were key.

It took the Tide one play to score on a beast mode run from Drake, 25 yards and plowing over would-be tacklers. The 2 pt conversion was swatted away. FSU would answer with an 8 yard TD to O'Leary and their 2 point conversion was tipped as well. The Seminoles would get the ball and score on Karlos Williams 3 yard TD run but once agin, the 2 pt failed.

The next possession, the Seminoles defense got lucky and DE Mario Edwards delivered a blow to Drake who coughed up the ball, which was recovered by Timmy Jurnigan for 50-44 win.

Absolute great game hornfaninbama !! That will live as one of the greatest games I have been priviledged to play.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  23. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Awesome game, fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Navy Comes away with a win against a solid Kansas squad 41-27. Navy came out firing on all Cylinders after receiving a kick off and driving down the field using their fleXbox One attack. Sophomore Keen Reynolds was the first to put seven points up on the board with a short touchdown run to put Navy up 7-0. Kansas got the ball and on their second play of the game threw an interception. Navy offense comes back onto the field and Keen Reynolds ripped off a long touchdown run to put Navy up 14-0. Afterwards Navy's defense was able to slow down Kansas's offense and take a 24-0 lead. After that Kansas slowly began to chip away from the 24 point deficit. Jake Heaps began to pick apart the Midshipmen secondary and it showed as the Midshipmen gave up 489 yards through the air. The game was then sealed after Keenan Reynolds ripped off another big run to put the Midshipmen up 41-27. Good game UofCWildcat

POTG
    Keenan Reynolds, 28 ATT for 236 yards.

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This is what I feel rape would feel like. I could do nothing to stop the option. 335 neutralized read option but doesn't have any answers to triple fleXbox One. GG man. It was painful