2013 Impact Freshman

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

[​IMG]
    Image courtesy of Thatguy.​

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Clemson Tigers - Impact Freshmen
    It won't be hard finding impact freshmen on this year's Clemson team. The defending National Champs are in the midst of a youth movement following a significant graduating class, as well as as a number of early departures to the NFL. In order to repeat as ACC Champions, the Tigers will need significant production from a number of first-year student-athletes.
    It won't be hard finding impact freshmen on this year's Clemson team.
    Offense
    TE Andy White:
    While only 6'1", this 255 pound freshman is one tough SOB (81 trucking). He relies on his speed, strength, and route-running to create separation; and once he's open, he's got the hands (80) to make the catch. In addition, Andy will be the best blocking TE on the roster from day one. Expect him to be utilized in 2-TE formations all season long.
    WR Josh McDaniel:
    McDaniel is considered the "gem" of this year's freshman class. He doesn't have breakaway speed (4.52 40yd) but his route running and catching skills are that of a junior or senior rather than an incoming freshman, and many believe he'll be competing for a starting job or a slot position as a true freshman.
    Defense
    CB Edward Horton:
    Horton was a late-season commit that didn't go unnoticed in the ACC coaching circle. The 6'1", 181 pound defensive back needs to get stronger to compete with the nation's bigger receivers, but he has the speed and cover skills to make an impact at the nickle corner spot in his first season. As an All-State high-jump champion in high school, Edwards has ball-hawk potential. Opposing quarterbacks ... you've been warned!
    SS Josh Robinson and SS Marcus Brooks Jr:
    In Coach Ego's 4-2-5 scheme, the strong safety position is the fuel that runs the engine. This season, two talented, but young, safeties will be driving the truck. The Clemson coach expects opposing teams to test the freshmen early and often this year, but Ego thinks they're ready. "You'll be surprised how quickly kids learn when they know that every mistake they make will be on television and in the papers. Josh and Marcus have spent more time in the weight/film room then any two freshmen I've ever had. I expect big things from these two."

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The Buckeyes will graduate 22 seniors this season, so don't look for any of their youngsters to get any time unless things get out of hand, which they likely will quite often.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

LSU has

True Freshman WR Pat Newberry is the #4 wr on the depth chartand should get some touches in the pro packages that LSU is using. Look for moderate numbers from the youngster.

True Freshman TE Brian Castillo is the backup tight end and he will play alot in the double tight sets that Coach Easy likes to employ. His catches will be at a minimum but he should have an impact on the run game.

RS Freshman Aaron Harrison is the starting left tackle for the Tigers. His 87 overall ranking earned him the spot.

RS P.J. Ford is the starting Left End for the Tigers. He should have quite an impact with his 86 overall rating and 83 speed and strength.

5. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Georgia Tech true freshman starters:

FB- Spencer Reese
    SS- Nick Smiley

Freshmen that will see a lot of playing time:
    LB- Marcus Denman
    DT- Stan Washington

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I see Jerome Allen scored a touch in his first game for the Irish.

(By the way, I am positive I scheduled that one at home. I see you played it on the road. I think what Bits said about the CPU f-ing with schedules might be right. I wouldn't send the Irish to WSU unless they played a couple in South Bend first.)

7. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I have seen that happen a lot in Offline Dynasty in NCAA10- probably the same issue..

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

It's no problem, can we enforece that no one can schedule a visit on a guy that has ND in it's top 3 on a ND home date?;)

Yeah I got both Allen and the FS QB in for the whole 4th quarter and did nothing but run. The QB will be a beast in a couple of years running the spread but for now I'll be pro style.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

I had to play Kentucky on the road. Was that on purpose?

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Yes it was. It's not strange for a ACC school to visit an SEC school, even when one is a contender and the other isn't. I wanted to schedule one of your first two non-con games away, and decided to give you the better team at home. WVU comes to you next week.

11. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

True Freshman TE Michael Thomas will start for the Vols. He has a good shot at Freshman All-America.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds good AG I wasnt sure.

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No! You have the Golden Goose of teams anyway! lol

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I figured. ND's good on everything except playing time for some.:)

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Florida State will not have any freshman playing significant minutes.

16. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Florida will only be playing 1 True Freshman at all times.

FB Ryan Townes. With 76 Pass Block, and 82 Run Block ability, he was a great recruit, adding in that he can also catch the ball if needed (81 rating).

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I love a good fullback.

Looks like Allen will be the highlight guy of the class, but it looks like many guys are going to play substantial roles.

18. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

True Freshman Doug Foster will be taking over the kicking and punting duties for the Hawkeyes this season. (81 OVR, 80 KPW, 82 KA)

19. Goose

Goose Walk On

Terry Waller CB, will see significant time in dime situations

Jerome Allen HB, Will return punts and kickoff and once we lockdown a playbook will probly have a package installed.