2013 Impact Freshmen Watch

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 29, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

OK, so I'm kinda borrowing this idea from Oshi. I'd like for everyone to make a post under this one (only one post please, to keep it clean) and updated the post with your impact freshman/men's stats. Guys like Steamer's WR and RB, my OLB and FS, etc. It's open for interpretation but we don't want to hear about all your freshmen.

QB-Robert Peterson
    79 ovr, 90 throw power, 81 accuracy, 81 speed, 79 acc, 77 agi, 78 carry

OLB-Justin Sherman
    77 ovr, 86 speed, 95 acc, 85 pursuit, 78 tackle-zone-agility-strengh-power-recognition

FS-Brennan Lester
    78 ovr, 91 speed, 90 acc, 87 tackle, 88 zone, 86 power, 76 catch

FS-Curt Russ
    75 ovr, 90 speed, 98 acc, 86 tackle, 81 power, 79 agi-pursuit-jump-blk shed

So I've decided to single out Justin Sherman.

through 7 games: 40 TOT TKL 27 SOLO (19th in the country) 8 TFL 2 SACK 2 INT 1 DEFL 1 FF 1 TD

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I wish I had carried out on my freshman watch last year. I started so many youngins that I was hoping to track their 4 year careers that turn my program around

but Ill try and keep up with a few this year.

WR - Joe Duncan
    WR - Dennis Jackson
    SS - Carlos Horne
    K - Francisco Enea

Duncan is in a rotation at WR but will get his chances. Jackson is deeper on the depth chart but with fatigue slowing down some of the WRs on deeper pass routes, he should get a few looks each week. Horne was not supposed to be the starter this year but after such a strong camp, it allowed Dangerfield to move over to starting corner and put Horne in the starting lineup. Enea was the prize recruit this year and will immediately carry the Lobos with his leg.

In the Season Opener Horne made a name for him early and played an outstanding game. 2 tackles, including one for a loss, an interception, a pass batted down, a forced fumble and 2 fumble recoveries sum up the terrific individual performance. He still has some work to do in the coverage department but with such a bright first game, he should continue to improve with time. Duncan only had 1 grab and it was a big one, being the last TD of the game on a 4 yard catch with under 2 minutes to play. Jackson made one nice 24 yard grab in very limited action in the 4th quarter. Enea only had one field goal attempt and it came from 60 yards. Though it came up a few feet short, it helps give the coaching staff a real assumption of the powerful leg they are blessed with this year. He did connect on all 6 XPs.

Week 3 was quieter for the offense. Duncan's only stat was a drop and Jackson didnt record any stats. Horne continued to play big, recording 3 tackles and forcing and recovering a fumble. Enea was the stud of the week, drilling 3 FGs including 43 and 57 yarders and a big 26 yarder as tme expired to win

Week 4 saw more success offensively and it allowed players to rotate around and get playing time. Duncan recorded 2 grabs for 22 yards while Jackson went deeper for 26 on his only catch. Horne recorded another 2 stops and his 2nd interception of the young season. Enea again drilled all 3 of his FG attempts, this time all from under 40 yards.

Week 5 was dominated by the TE and Duncan and Jackson went all game without a catch. Horne continued playing at an elite level, recording a career high 5 stops, one for a loss, and his 3rd interception of the year which almost reached the endzone. Enea booted two long FGs from 54 and 48.

Week 6 was Duncan's coming out game. Though he only recorded 3 receptions for 39 yards, he led the team in both categories. He is close to a heavier workload. Jackson didnt record any receptions. Again a huge game for Horne, a new career high 6 stops, a pass broken up and a 4th interception. Though 5 games, Horne has forced a TO in every game. Enea was only 2 of 3 on the game, hitting kicks of 52 and 45 while missing from 59.

Through 6 weeks, Horne only trails Texas' TJ Abrams for interceptions by freshman (4). He also is tied with Western Michigan Senior Johnnie Simmons for most INTs in the CUSA. Enea leads all freshman in the country with 10 FGs made. He holds the longest FG kicked this year and is the only kicker with 3 50+ makes.

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

HB - Stephen Mack - 76 overall HB/PR/KR

WR - Courtney Graham - 76 overall Top WR

SS - Cedric Cowen - 77 overall Top S

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

QB- Danny Hayes 78 OVR(EA screwed him out of a year of eligibility despite him not seeing the field last year he's listed as a Sophomore)
    190.3 QB Rating, 51/72, 805 Yards, 8/4 TD INT, 70.8 Comp %

NT- Hunter Beverly 64 OVR
    2 Tackles, 3 Tackles for a loss, 2 Assists & 1 Deflection.

FS- Jamie Moore 65 OVR
    8 Tackles, 4 Assists, 2 Interceptions & 1 Deflection.

Through two games.

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I've got nothing really.

Castillo the ATH moved to CB is really the only impact freshmen I have. 10 tkl 1 INT 1 TD.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Yukon Eskimo is the only freshman I have contributing. He starts at Free Safety and my pass defense has been porous. I don't think he has any interceptions. Hopefully he'll step it uP in conference play.

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Season Finals:

Mack had a rough start but had some good games toward the end and won the Best Returner award with 3 TDs and was 1st team AA returner

HB Stephon Mack
    Rushing: 156 carries, 727 yards, 8 TDs
    Receiving: 21 rec, 416 yards, 2 TDs
    Punt Returning: 47 PR, 513 yards, avg 10.9, long 50
    Kick Returning: 56 KR, 1541 yards, 3 TDs, avg 27.5 yds

Graham's stats went with how good/bad my 67 ovr QB was doing. Graham was still my leading WR in rec, yards, and TDs

WR Courtney Graham

31 rec, 751 yards, 6 Tds

Cowen had a solid season being one of my top defenders. Hoping for his interception value to rise next season.

Cedric Cowan - 68 tackles, 46 solo, 7 TFL, 6 dfl, 3 FF

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

QB- Danny Hayes 78 OVR(EA screwed him out of a year of eligibility despite him not seeing the field last year he's listed as a Sophomore)
    165 QB Rating 252/388 3769 Yards 32/17 TD/INT 64.9 Comp %

NT- Hunter Beverly 64 OVR
    22 Tackles 20 TFL 17 Assists 11 Sacks 2 Deflections 2 FF

FS- Jamie Moore 65 OVR
    36 Tackles 2 TFL 18 Assists 4 Interceptions 1 TD 9 Deflections 1 FF

FINAL STATS!

9. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

OLB Jake Sherman-76 tackles, 55 solo, 19 TFL, 3 sacks, 7 INT, 3 FF, 1 TD
    Tank Sherman led the veteran team in tackles by a wide margin.

FS Brennan Lester-51 tackles, 26 solo, 1 sack, 8 INT, 1 FF, 1 TD
    Lester snagged 8 interceptions, good enough for 2nd on the team.

QB Robert Peterson-164/316, 3330 yards, 24 TDs, 21 INT, 51%, 31 sacks
    Peterson has a big arm but, other than yardage, his stats are mediocre. Still, with 90 throwing power, his future looks bright.