2013 Milwaukee Brewers

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Darkwing, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Brew Crew - 13' Edition
    brewers.jpg
    Entering the Season:
    The 2012 Brewers finished the year 86-76 and 10 games out of the NL Central. The decent season was good enough for a wild card spot behind the play of SP Yovani Gallardo and 3B Taylor Green. In 300 ABs, Green posted .310 AVG .916 OPS 15 HR 57 RBI numbers while only committing 8 errors. Good enough to win him NL Rookie of the Year. Gallardo, an All-Star, was injured in September with a sore shoulder that ended his season at 18 wins 2.73 ERA 1.09 WHIP.
    The offseason saw some major moves for the Crew. J-Roll was added to provide SS help. In exchange the Brewers sent SP Randy Wolf, SP Wily Peralta, a 3rd round draft pick, and $2M to the Phillies. 1B Prince Fielder returned home for a 1st round pick to Detroit. Just as importantly, the Brewers added some quality arms to their rotation after losing Zach Greinke. SP Jake Peavy was signed to a 5-year $80M contract. SP Colby Lewis got inked to a 4 year deal worth almost $62M.
    Spring Training brought some excitement to the brat eating-beer drinking fans. With a new starting rotation of Gallardo, Peavy, Lewis, Cody Scarpetta, Jason Hammel the Brewers had some strength on the front end. That was until March 2nd. The staff ace, Gallardo, suffered a torn labrum and will be done for the year before opening day. A huge blow to what looked to be shaping up as a solid season.
    Opening Day:
    Lineup
    Order|Postion|Name|Hand|Contact|Gap|Power|Eye|Avoid Ks
    [​IMG]
    Rotation
    1. Jake Peavy (R)
    2. Colby Lewis (R)
    3. Cody Scarpetta (R)
    4. Jason Hammel (R)
    5. Marco Estrada? (R)
    ^The only replacement I see on the active roster. SP's Bradley, Fiers, Jungmann, and Stilson all possibilities on the 40-man.
    Bullpen
    Luis Ayala (Injured, 4-5 months) (R)
    Zach Braddock (L)
    Marco Estrada (R)
    Kameron Loe (R)
    Manny Parra (L)
    Jose Veras (R)
    John Axford (R)
    Outlook:
    The offense has the makeup to be the best in the National League. 1-5 will be a task for every pitcher to face and 6-8 make a good compliment as they are very capable themselves. If the Brewers don't make the playoffs this season, bet your money this group isn't to blame.
    The starting rotation looked to be well enough off to get wins. This group is now very questionable with the injury to Gallardo. Scarpetta should be able to fill in the 3 spot but the end looks to be built on sand.
    The bullpen is in the same boat as the rotation. I don't know what to expect. This is a group of average pitchers. Veras could be a standout MR but he lacks any control. Luckily, Axford is just off the elite level for closers so he can lock down games when they get to him.
    My prediction -- 82-80. I feel Milwaukee will just miss out on a wildcard and take a step back from last season. This is all based on pitching. If the starters can hold teams and Axford does this thing they may find themselves in the playoffs. The Greinke-Gallardo combo last season is much greater than the position the rotation finds itself in now. I'm to suspect about that bullpen as well. I still don't like having this team in my division, you can't ask for more on paper than that lineup. So my prediction is on the low end, high end I can see this team a win away from the WS. The Brewers open at home in 2013 with a divisional game against Cincinnati and the Reds hard throwing Cuban, Aroldis Chapman.
    BigSmooth33 that was a tough break with Gallardo. Also, why aren't you starting the NL ROY every game? I look forward to starting a rivalry with you battling for NL Central crowns each season.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Agree with ty5oke love the set up. Wish i had some skill set in grpahics to do some of this stuff you guys do on tso. Pretty cool when you make your own thing and it looks good

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Definitely agree. This looks great. As long as the Pirates finish first, I agree with your prediction!

5. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Great job!

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Come on maaaaaannnnn...

82-80??? I hope not... Just filled Chad Billingsley into the rotation yesterday. He will probably be the #3 with Gallardo out.

7. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Don't like that 6-1 start :oops: