2013 Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm posting this early because I am going to a wedding today and want to make sure everyone understands how this will work. Advances will come every 12-hours (or when everyone is ready, if earlier). I hope to have this done by tomorrow night, Monday at the latest.

This thread is to discuss the off-season. Please make sure you set "ready to advance" when you complete your tasks. Also be sure that you are aware of all the rules that pertains to the off-season, particularly regarding swaying players to return.

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    • is projected to be a 1st round pick
    • is projected in the top 2 rounds, and is > 89 overall or has won a major award
    • is projected in the top 3 rounds and was swayed to return the previous offseason
    Kickers and punters can always be swayed from pro draft

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Congrats to CJTHA1 on his championship, and to everyone else for what they accomplished in this inaugural season for Chompions League. We are officially in the offseason, let's move through it as fast as possible and get on to season 2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

done with my players leaving (had to do from my phone). :)

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Ill be done tonight been watching the news, there was a shooting at a sihk temple near me. Been glued to the TV.

5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

The badgers are losing three players via transfer and one underclassmen to the pro draft.

Chris Borland MLB Ovr 94 - 38 Tkl 17 Tkl for loss 42 assisted tkl 4 sacks 3 pass defl - projected 2nd round
    Austin Traylor TE Ovr 67 FR(R) - No stats, transfering to WKU due to playing time
    Vince Biegel LOLB Ovr 77 FR - No stats redshirted this year, transfer to WKU due to playing time
    Devin Gaulden CB Ovr 76 So - 13 Tkl 3 tkl for loss 2.5 sacks 3 INT 4 pass defl, transfer to Miss St. due to playing time.

JR(RS) RG Casey Dehn ovr 89 projected 4th Rd pick will stay for his senior season
    JR(RS) C Travis Fredrick ovr 93 projected 3rd Rd pick will stay for his senior season

I'm kinda pissed a Biegel's transfer, the guy was going to start for me this year at ROLB with his 88 spd (hopefully higher after training) he would've added some speed to my LB core, and I watched him play when he was a junior in high school in the playoffs. F***er

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Thats tough. A lot of guys transfering, and even some going from one user to another. The craziest one I saw was Doreal Green Beckham going to Oklahoma and Boraby. Rekkapryde, did you get your QB to stay?

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Jones and Dunn out, Mewhort Returns

Two Ohio State football players will be transferring from the team. Though they were only freshmen, neither was expected to play and these were mutually beneficially departures.

HB Bri'onte Dunn (transfers to Troy): Dunn was a highly touted, 5-star, running back coming out of high school, but never exploded onto the college scene as some might have anticipated. Dunn was used sparingly as a freshmen, rushing 29 times for 74 yards. With Ray Hall and Tavaris McLaurin committing to OSU, Dunn likely saw the writing on the wall and decided he should go somewhere that he can make an impact.

QB Cardale Jones (transfers to WKU): Jones redshirted this season, but he would have likely seen little playing time for the remainder of his career. With Malik Brown coming to Columbus, and Braxton Miller having 1-2 years of eligibility remaining, Jones was destined to be a career backup.

The bigger news out of Columbus is the man returning, left tackle Jack Mewhort

LT Jack Mewhort (projected 4th round): Mewhort was one of OSU's standout linemen this season, tallying 17 pancake blocks and only giving up 6 sacks while covering Braxton Miller's blindside. Mewhort will be one of 4 returning starters on the offensive line, which figures to be one of the best in the country next season.

8. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea if any of you guys promised playing time to your recruits you better make them the starter this next season. If you don't they"ll transfer in the offseason. Not sure why EA made it like this, but they did.

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

im done with players leavin

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I like it that way. If you promise a recruit they will play and they sit all season, I'm sure they would be pretty tweaked.

11. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

The Gators are losing 4 players due to transfer:
    Marcus Maye SS Transfer(Playing Time) - S Car...He would'nt of recieved much playing time behind senior Matt Elam.
    Ja'Juan Story WR Transfer(Playing Time) - UAB..Gators have a good crop of recievers coming in the class.Jajuan will be missed tho.
    AC Leonard TE Transfer(Playing Time) - Miami..AC played a lot in two TE sets didn't catch a whole lot of passes tho. Sad to see him go.
    Hunter Joyner FB Transfer(Playing Time) - Aub..Hunter did'nt get much playing time here.we wish him the best at Aub.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Advanced to Transfers. This should be a quick step

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

2013 First Round Picks (User Players)

Arkansas
    Tyler Wilson (QB)
    Cobi Hamilton (WR)

Michigan
    Craig Roh (RE)

Notre Dame
    Manti Te'o (MLB)
    Zach Martin (LT)

Ohio State
    John Simon (LE)

Texas
    Alex Okafor (RE)

Virginia Tech
    Kyle Fuller (CB)

Wisconsin
    Montee Ball (HB)
    Ricky Wagner (LT)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

WKU looks like they are getting some decent transfers

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Fred Limbo and Rekkapryde to my knowlege you are the only ones with transfer requests so please finish this step asap

16. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

be done in a sec

17. Ben

Ben Walk On

Aaron Murray decided to stay in Athens. Bad move Murray, bad move. lol

18. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

I'm off of work now so I'll get things done immediately after I eat. Glad to be here guys, and I'll post a welcoming thread soon.

19. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

done

20. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea but i think even if you let them in your rotation, lets say put them at 2nd string rb. They will still transfer because it isn't "enough" playing time. I haven't witnessed this myself yet. Just heard a bunch of ppl talking about it?

21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Fred Limbo, were they automatically set to be accepted, or did you have to manually do it? I'm asking because rekka's on vacation right now, probably not paying attention to this. If we advance, and still takes in all the transfers, then he can just cut the ones he doesn't want later.

22. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Its set to automatically accept them so he will be good he cqan cut them is he wants later

23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Cool thats what I figured...advancing to week 1 of recruiting

24. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

I am going to look for a FB to come in and be the captain of my team. I am hoping to get Clapp to come and teach him a few things during his freshman season.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Done with week 1