2013 Playbooks

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Post em up prior to your 2nd user game or 3rd game - whichever is first.

2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Pro Style and 4-3

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA
    Offense: San Diego State
    Defense: 4-3

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I will be making some changes. I am going to go lighter on the 2 TE sets and get me more ace 3 wide sets.

5. Dru50

I will be making some minor adjustments to my playbook from the past two seasons, mainly to add some additional spread option looks to take advantage of QB Jesse Scoggins running ability.

6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Going for an entirely different approach this year at Nebraska... going to try a more run focused approach. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Base: Pro
    Formations:

Ace:
    Big
    Big Twins
    Bunch
    Twin TE Flex
    Y Trips

Far:
    Pro

FleXbox One:
    Split Wing Z
    Tight
    Trio Right
    Trips Right
    Twins Over

I Form:
    Normal
    Slot Flex
    Twin TE STRG
    Y-Trips

Power I:
    Strong

Shotgun:
    Double Flex
    Normal
    Split offset
    Trey Open
    Y-Trips HB WK

Splitbacks:
    Normal

Strong I :
    Twin TE

Defense: Nebraska 4-3
    Formations:

4-2-5:
    Normal

4-3:
    Normal
    Over
    Under

4-4:
    Split

4-6:
    Bear

5-2:
    Normal

Dime:
    Normal
    3-2-6

Nickel:
    Normal
    Strong
    3-3-5

Quarter:
    Normal

7. Dru50

You need to put the specific formations in - see the season 2 playbooks thread for examples.

8. Bucs

@Dru 50

edited my OP

9. Dru50

I'm not sure how sim it is to have 5 fleXbox One sets with that many other formations. Usually teams that run fleXbox One do so the vast majority of the time. Let me think about it and get back to you.

10. Bucs

k

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I think part of the interesting thing about a team like Nebraska is that they have the elements of past option teams historically. They still run quite a bit of option, although a little more spread these days. I actually like the creative style, based on the historical base of Nebraska Football. How to pull of a bit of the current Nebraska spread attack and a bit of option from flex-bone is an intriguing thought to me. I think we should allow this. Although it's quite unorthodox, and though there are only a fistful of teams that I would even consider this close to sim for, Nebraska cannot possibly get the talent (through the ncaa game system) to run both at an unstoppable level. It could be effective, but I don't think I would consider it "cheesy".

However because of the nature of the offenses, it COULD be cheesy. For example if Bucs were to switch qbs via Form Subs and run the fleXbox One out with that set for a couple plays per drive, that would be cheesy because there's no way of the D knowing who's in the game. However, IMO if he sticks with his primary qb OR switches qbs for entire drives and runs primarily one set or the other on a particular drive, that would be pretty sim, and still allow him to be creative.

Just my 2 cents.

12. Bucs

wow man, you made a better arguement than i ever could.

13. Jayrah

California is running the same stuff as last year, but I have replaced the 3-3-5 Bear with 3-3-5 Stack. The Stack is a formation I am using as a run prevention formation primarily. I've taken the normal SS position on the line and replaced him with my best rushing LB so as not to have a cheesy formation. Also, I have subbed in 2 of my better run stuffers on the line. The Bear had too many people on the line, which allowed 6 of them to be blocked immediately if there was little stunting. Stanford and USC ate me up 2 of the 4 times I used the formation due to that very thing, as their Oline got hands on all my guys right away and it was TD time. The Stack has more of a 4 LB look which allows some flow downhill by my Lb's.

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

same thing as last year. If you need me to repost my o-book I will

Defense is a 4-3

15. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm considering switching to the 3-4 for one or two seasons. My defensive line went from amazing to truly hurting. All four starters are gone. Just might test out the 3-4 vs Dru50 this week. Either way I'll make my final decision before the deadline.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I don't think a PRO Style playbook should include that much fleXbox One.

If your goal was to make a option playbook, there are alot of non-flex bone triple option formation. The thing I notice about the listed formations is there are several that are not really option formations. When crafting a sweet ass option playbook, I would not use Strong, weak, pro, or ace formations because they do not have triple options plays.

17. Bucs

My aim was not really an option playbook, as much it was a run heavy playbook,thats why I included the weak, pro, strong, etc. the reasoning behind including the fleXbox One formations was that it gave me the ability to get 2-3 RB's on the field at a time which I really liked. I honestly just grabbed a playbook and blew it up and started from scratch, it started out as pro though so thats what I listed. I guess it would be more multiple, but if Dru50 deems it "too much multiple", I will gladly scale back on some things.

18. Dru50

I would like you to limit yourself to no more than 2 fleXbox One formations. Aside from that it's fine.

19. Bucs

Done, im gonna add some more Strong and I formations though if thats the case.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The buckeyes may lab a bit with custom offense to generate a more spread system with all the speed asu the receiver position.

Defense will be the same custom look as last year.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Man i'm so lost in the custom offensive playbooks. All i've been able to do is add one shotgun formation to the Ohio State playbook. Dru50 am i following the rules? lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

3-4 is not my style.

Pro Style and 4-3. Final answer.

23. Jayrah

Keep being lost brother. One week is all I want. Then you can figure it out. I need a big win.

24. Dru50

I spent nearly the entire NCAA 2011 game cycle getting adjusted from the 4-3 to the 3-4. It's a very different defense, and if you don't have the front 7 to run it you can have big problems.

25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Will get mine up tomorow or tonight if we advance , sorry for delay guys, been a crazy ass week :(

Still 4-3 on def
    Custome 1back offense , will put full formations in my post later ;)