2013 Player Profiles!

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by WreckEm27, Aug 27, 2012.

1. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

First up: Minnesota QB Max Shortell!

I figure we will get the Minnesota player out of the way before the shellacking VT is about to give us.

He's a huge reason why Minnesota is talking about bowl eligibility again, and he's tall. He is also...

...a ginger.
    [​IMG]
    AHHHHHHH!

But hey! We don't care. We love him all the same. He was a huge part in upsetting/getting EA lucky against Nebraska last year and he is the clear cut number one this year. He has a pretty good group of WRs to throw to, and a better OL than last year so we are hoping the offense has a break out year.

His first test is against a ranked Virginia Tech team at home.

I am dumb and don't know how to fix the text I messed up. Just think of reading it as a fun brain teaser.

2. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

This weeks player is the new starting HB for the Texas A&M aggy, who are recently coming off their first national title and have a new coach. Ben Malena is the player. The 5'8 senior is a speedster that has helped A&M forget Christine Micheal early as he is the leading rusher after week one. He hails from the great state of Texas. His ratings are crazy, and if aggy is going to repeat as national title winners I am going to puke he is going to have to have a good year.

[​IMG]

2011 (SOPHOMORE)
    Stepped in at starting running back in the regular season finale against Texas after injuries to Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael … responded with 83 yards on 25 carries, both easily career highs … was the only running back to carry the ball against the Longhorns … started in the bowl game and contributed 23 carries for 87 yards and two touchdowns, and six catches for 36 yards ... finished the year with 259 yards and four touchdowns on 67 carries … saw action in all 13 games with two starts … had 10 catches out of the backfield for 52 yards, including a seven-yard TD against Texas … also contributed three kickoff returns for 63 yards with a long of 21 yards.
    2010 (FRESHMAN)
    Saw limited action at running back and kickoff returner … had three returns for 46 yards, with a long of 21 yards.
    HIGH SCHOOL
    Coached by Joey McGuire at Cedar Hill High School ... ran for 722 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior (2009) ... a first-team alldistrict and SuperPrep Southwest Team selection ... also caught 11 passes for 161 yards ... was a second-team all-state honoree as a junior (2008) after totaling 2,202 yards on the ground with 35 TDs ... also named the district's offensive MVP and named to the All-Dallas Area second team by The Dallas Morning News ... chose Texas A&M over offers from Kansas and Texas Tech.
    PERSONAL
    Benjamin Malena is the son of Renee and Ben Malena of Cedar Hill, Texas ... born May 29, 1992 ... undecided on a major.