2013 Players leaving

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Apr 3, 2010.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

2013 Players leaving

Michigan's worst fears are realized while only half of ND's fears are realized.

With that I present to you, the players leaving early for 2013.

Army, Miami, Michigan State, Penn State - No one leaving early

Florida:
    JR HB Andrew Bell - entering pro draft
    89 OVR, 1656 yards rushing, 4.8 YPC, 26 TDs, 266 yards receiving, 3 TDs

Michigan:
    SO(RS) WR Greg Banks - Entering pro draft
    91 OVR, 984 yards receiving, 20.5 YPR, 9 TD, 220 yards rushing, 15.7 YPC, 3 TD

SO(RS) QB Mark Charles - Entering pro draft (like he'll make it there!)
    87 OVR, 166.3 QB rating, 66.5% completions, 1864 yards, 20 TD, 16 INT, 753 yards rushing, 4.1 YPC, 13 TD

SO(RS) HB Aaron Phillips - Transfers to freaking MSU!
    85 OVR, 86 SPD, 87 BTK, 83 CAR, 85 TRK, 86 AGI, 87 ACC (only made 5 carries on the season)

Mississippi State
    JR(RS) MLB Jason Finley - Entering pro draft
    87 OVR, 2013 Dick Butkis Award winner (best LB), 124 tackles, 28 TFL, 3 sacks, 4 INTs, 2 FF

Nebraska:
    SO(RS) HB Jeremy Burton - Entering pro draft
    88 OVR, 1310 yards, 4.6 YPC, 16 TDs, 197 yards receiving, 1 TD

SO(RS) P Mike Smith - Transfers to freaking Oklahoma!
    80 OVR, 83 KP, 78 KA (didn't play a down)

Notre Dame:
    SO(RS) QB Devin Archie - Entering pro draft
    91 OVR, 153.8 QB rating, 61.6 % completions, 3909 yards, 35 TD, 19 INT

Oklahoma:
    JR(RS) DE Austin Davis - Entering pro draft
    86 OVR, 2013 Bednarik and Lombardi award winner, 72 tackles, 37 TFL, 26 sacks, 3 FF, 2 FR

JR(RS) WR Christian Davis - Entering pro draft
    87 OVR, 981 yards, 20.9 YPR, 8 TD

JR(RS) HB Ryan Charles - Entering pro draft
    88 OVR, 2013 Maxwell and Walker award winner, 1746 yards, 5.4 YPC, 29 TDs, 208 yards receiving, 2 TD

A couple of key returners off the top of my head:
    ND WR Deon Spence (2012 Heisman winner)
    Neb QB Alford (2013 Heisman winner)

So the much awaited Archie/Charles QB war is finished after just 1 battle. At least my guys went out with a ring. (y)

2. jello1717

Here are the incoming transfer requests. I grabbed the file from Basis @ the players leaving stage. In order to see the incoming transfers I had to advance 1 stage offline. I'm working with the assumption that the incoming transfers that I see will be the same as what's in the OD. That should be a good assumption, but there's my disclaimer.

Incoming transfers:
    Army - FR DT A. Harwell from Cincinnati, 78 OVR

Michigan State - SO(RS) HB A. Phillips from Michigan, 85 OVR

Oklahoma - SO(RS) P M. Smith from Nebraska, 80 OVR

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'll get the transfers IN posted at some point too, so we'll know who is eligible for cutting.

On another note, with only one player leaving, my scholarships are completely allotted -- no off-season recruiting for me!

4. jello1717

I forgot about that! Now I wish that Bell would've returned. It would've been hilarious to see the commish get penalized for recruiting violations because he couldn't wait for the offseason!

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Basis that would have been funny as hell if you went over.

Jello at least Phillips did not go to that school in Columbus.

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

So let me get this straight, we're now at the end of the seaon and now everyone wants to play... or is it that since they got their rings they've gotten fat dumb and happy, therefore content in staying in State College for one more year and recieving a scholarship for doing nothing.

BTW - Good news is my beast of all beasts at OLB is stay, bad news is without anyone leaving (and I could definitely list you cpu recruited talent I wanted gone) I'm done with recruiting till next year.

7. jello1717

That's true Suge, at least he's not going to aOSU.

That's also good news about Florida and PSU being done recruiting! The #1 recruit only has Michigan, ND, and Florida on his list so I only need to battle 1 other team for him. Also, there's an absolute beast that only has Michigan, PSU, and Florida on his list so I'll get no user competition for him. (y)

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Intersting, because Florida is high/leading on several of the offseason bonus recruits. Once again it's Florida, Michigan, and ND battling for the top offseason bonus recruit, T Dan Harris. Guess it will just be Michigan and ND (ie Dan Harris is a Wolverine).

Really sucks about Archie. I was not expecting it at all and hadn't even considered it until a few of you guys started saying he was a risk to leave. Going to be starting a sub-90 OVR QB next year for the first time in our dynasty.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Good luck with that.:)

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

While I am always happen to take UofM players jumping ship, I don't know how much Phillips is going to contribute, I have a solid group of HBs and his 86 speed is preeeeetty slow.

11. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Well, at least my MLB leaving is realistic, unlike the other guys that left for the draft.

And the transfers from NEB to OU and Mich to MSU are too funny... what did you guys do to them?

12. jello1717

Luckily for me, I fully expected both Banks and Charles to bolt so I'm prepared for it. I've gotten to full interest bars (with no scholly offers) on some QBs and WRs just in case they bolted. I also expected JR(RS) SS Jerome Williams (who led my team in tackles and INTs) to jump ship as well as JR DT A.J. Keller (who's already a 99 OVR) so I already signed guys to replace those 2 as well. While I prepared myself by recruiting bodies to replace those guys, none of them will come close to the caliber or Charles or Banks. Through 5 seasons of recruiting, I've never found anyone @ those positions that can compare to Banks or Charles. Banks' big play ability will be sorely missed, but Charles WAS my offense! Without him (or someone close to him to replace him) our offensive identity is lost. Despite his low 87 OVR rating, there's not a single player on my team that would've hurt more to lose than Charles.

You're going to be starting a sub 90 QB? 2 years ago Forcier was only a 90 OVR and that's the only time I've had a 90+ QB (and he was barely a 90). This year I'll likely start an 82ish QB. (n)
    Phillips' speed is low, but he's a good power back. He averaged over 5 YPC for me his FR year. Sadly, he had 86 SPD when I recruited him and through 2 seasons of progression, it never went up.

Of all my guys leaving, his makes the most sense as he'd never get much playing time. He'd be a good complement to my 95 SPD guy, but I just signed 2 power backs this year that will likely have just as much power and their speeds are 88 and 90 or 91 instead. So, uh, yeah. Phillips would've been buried on the bench in Ann Arbor.

13. jello1717

The players leaving early support my theory on what kinds of players leave early so there weren't many surprises for me. The only questionable ones for me are my QB Charles and Nebraska's WR.

As for the transfers, those aren't surprising either. My HB only got 5 carries last year as a SO(RS) and I also just signed 2 backs this year who'll both play in front of him. Nebraska's punter is now a SO(RS) and still hasn't played. I don't know if they have another punter returning or not, but the kid has been with the program for 3 years without seeing the field.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Burton was trash anyways

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

damnit...lost my HB

16. jello1717

The dude had 2000 yards and 31 TDs! This wasn't actually a surprise was it?

17. jello1717

I'm going to go ahead and proclaim Penn State as the favorite to win the Big Ten this year.

I was checking out the season leaders, which @ this point only shows the guys who are returning for next year. Michigan doesn't have a single player on the passing, rushing, or receiving lists! PSU and MSU both return their starting QBs (and PSU's guy set the NCAA record for passing efficiency last year). PSU also has the top returning rusher (who's a 95 OVR, 93 SPD, 96 BTK before progression). PSU returns the top receiver (in the nation and not just the Big Ten) that I think led the entire Big Ten in receiving last year, and not just leading the returning guys. They also return their TE who also had 1000+ receiving yards last year. The lowest guy on the Big Ten's list had 283 yards and I don't even return anyone with that many yards last year.

Defensively, holy sh!t! PSU returns 4 freakin' guys with @ least 85 tackles last year (which really makes me wonder how much time those poor bastards must've spent on the field! My top tackler all of last year had 65). WOW! Just to top things off they also return their K/P from last year while I'll be starting 2 FR(RS) guys. I'm just astounding by how much of his team will remain intact for next year. With that much experience on his team, I foresee another potential NCAA championship for PSU (although if FLA only had 7 schollies, then they're returning a lot of talent too).

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not Really lol. But still a disappointment.

19. jello1717

ND takes the early lead on the #1 recruit. I don't expect him to last more than 1 or possibly 2 more weeks. It looks like they're going to grab him.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

I never went after him. I don't need a Tackle.

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I don't either, but this guys ratings are pretty solid. Michigan has been known to jump me during visit weeks, which I'm guessing we'll both have this week, so I think it's still a toss up. Last offseason didn't Jello jump both me and Basis during the visit week to get the #1 recruit? Or maybe just Basis, and I was 3rd going into the visit week. Can't remember.

22. jello1717

I hope he's not going to visit us both this week as I thought he was still @ his top 5. If he's entertaining visits this week and I missed it, then I screwed up royally!

Last year, the reason I jumped you guys was because I got really luckly and got a X2 for that week. So far, I had the stupid unlocked pitch for both weeks of the offseason so far. (I've got my fingers crossed for a X2 or flash signing next week, although the flash signing won't do me any good if I can't get into 1st place on his list).

I don't need a tackle either, but I wanted to make it 3 #1 picks for Michigan out of 5 total years (DT Keller, MLB Miller so far) in this OD.