2013 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by hornfaninbama, Oct 4, 2013.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

BPHusker, qclassic 22, matthew34brown, Austin1990, fightintiger5, -Balla-

Since most of us will either miss the Top 25 entirely, or sneak in late in the season, I'll do some user power rankings, unless one of yall would rather handle them. I will update them once a week (real week not game week)

2. hornfaninbama

[​IMG]
    Everbody is unranked for now. Shoot me a PM with your rankings and I'll tally the votes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Hornfaninbama
    [​IMG] BPHusker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]-Balla-
    [​IMG]qclassic 22
    [​IMG]Austin1990
    [​IMG]matthew34brown

Week 6 Update
    1. [​IMG] An upset win over then #1 Georgia, and receiving votes in both Polls vaults the Mean Green/Eagles to the top spot in our very first Power Ranking Poll.
    4-0 (0-0)

2. [​IMG] The only other undefeated team in Conference USA gets the #2 slot. FAU has been impressive against everyone they have played so far.
    5-0 (3-0)

3. [​IMG] ULL has defeated 2 teams ranked in the polls this week, but plays in the weaker confererence. They have a chance to run the table this season with their toughest games behind them.
    5-0 (1-0)

4. [​IMG] A few years ago UAB wouldn't have been able to beat Birmingham Southern, but they knocked off Texas State earlier this season, and have a chance to move up the poll with a win over FAU this week.
    3-1 (0-0)

5. [​IMG] Texas State has had their best season since moving up from D1AA a few seasons ago. They played ULL close and still have a shot at making a bowl game this season.
    2-2 (0-1)

6. [​IMG] Tulane gets dropped below Texas State based on their common opponent. The Bobcats played the Cajuns closer than the Green Wave did, and that's enough to drop them a spot lower. Tulane still has a good chance to make the CUSA title game, and a good bowl game.
    3-2 (1-0)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. hornfaninbama

User Games for 2013 Season

Week 5

23[​IMG] [​IMG] 55

29[​IMG] [​IMG]26

Week 6

56[​IMG] [​IMG]0
    28[​IMG] [​IMG]38
    14[​IMG] [​IMG]27

Week 10
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

I want to officially make FAU VS TULANE a rivalry im callin you out Austin1990 lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Hahaha I love it. Bring it on man.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fightintiger5

fightintiger5 Walk On

I ended up with La Tech to stay in the south and to get a few user games in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hornfaninbama

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. hornfaninbama

Week 9 Update
    1. [​IMG] Florida Atlantic slides up one spot thanks to UNT taking their first loss of the season. FAU is in first place in their division of CUSA. Their upcoming game against in-state rival Florida International is looming as a defacto playoff game. FAU is the #1 scoring offense in college football and trails only ULL in rushing offense.
    Last Week: 2 Austin1990

2. [​IMG] ULL is the other undefeated team in our OD. The Ragin Cajuns are sitting #1 in the Sun Belt, and look more and more likely to win the conference with each passing week. They are currently sitting in the "Other's Receiving Votes" category of both Top 25 Polls. If they can climb into the rankings before FAU does we may have a flip flop next time.
    Last Week: 3
    3. [​IMG] Tulane gets the #3 spot thanks to a head to head win over UNT. Tulane also leads their division in CUSA, and they appear to be on a collision course with FAU for the CUSA Title game. Tulane took a bad loss in out of conference play, but has yet to lose inside CUSA. With their QB situation finally settled look for the Green Wave to continue their climb.
    Last Week: 6 matthew34brown

4. [​IMG] UNT slips a little in our latest rankings. They still sit #2 in their division, but they'll need some help to move into the conference title game. The Mean Green/Eagles have the most impressive win of any team so far with their upset of #1 UGA. It even got them a short stint in the Top 25. UNT is still on track for a bowl invite for the first time in several years.
    Last Week: 1 qclassic 22

5. [​IMG] UAB slides 1 spot in this week's ranking mainly because of their lopsided loss to FAU. UAB still sits 3-3, but they're 0-2 in conference which means they are all but out of the running for the conference title. The Blazers do still look like they are headed to a bowl game, if they can pick up 3 more wins. The bright spot for UAB fans is that the tough games are in the rearview mirror.
    Last Week: 4 -Balla-

6. [​IMG] Texas State has suffered some tough losses this season. The game with ULL was much closer than the score shows, and then a close loss to ULM the following week, means the Bobcats didn't like their tour through Cajun Country. TSU sits 2 game back of first place in the Sun Belt, but they have a chance to climb the rankings over the next several weeks. They are 1-2 in conference, but both losses are to teams tied for 1st in the Sun Belt.
    Last Week: 5 BPHusker

• Like Like x 2
  9. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Yeah there was a QB controversy at Tulane, but Montana is our guy. Also I know I haven't been doing recaps, I have been so busy with the recent move and new job but I'll start after my next win!!!

10. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

hornfaninbama you have more rushing yards than me? I gotta step up my game hahaha jk. I think you deserve the top spot in this week to be honest.

11. hornfaninbama

Week 14 Update

1. Florida Atlantic
    The Owls are #4 in the BCS and have a chance at playing for the BCS title. They have Martese Jackson sitting high in the Heisman watch lists, and absolutely in line for a visit to NYC and the Downtown Athletic Club. FAU is all but assured of BCS buster status this season. Austin1990

2. Louisiana-Lafayette
    The Ragin Cajuns are undefeated and ranked in the top 20, they look to be in line for a good bowl game, and possibly a BCS game. They have 3 players set to rush for 1000 yards, the first team since Colin Kapernick, Luke Lippincott and Vaia Taua all broke the 1000 ayrd mark for Nevada in 2009.

3. University of North Texas
    The Mean Green squeaked into the top 25 for the second time this season. Brandin Byrd is going to join Martese Jackson in NYC for the Heisman presentation, and UNT will face FAU in the CUSA title game. It's been a great season for the Mean Green, and it could get even better. qclassic 22

4. Tulane
    The Green Wave slipped this week as they were knocked off by Rice. It's been a rough few weeks for Tulane fans, but the Green Wave still have a potential 10 win season and a bowl game to play for. Tulane also has managed to slide in a Heisman Candidate in Orleans Darwa. There has never been a more perfectly named player for a program. matthew34brown

5. Alabama-Birmingham
    The Blazers had an injury to their top QB, and it knocked them into a skid, but they have recovered and look to be headed to a bowl. UAB has overperformed this season, and would be one of the most talked about teams in college football if it weren't for the insanse seasons FAU and ULL have put together so far. -Balla-

6. Texas State
    Texas State has been an afterthought since changing their name from Southwest Texas State and moving up from D1AA, but their new coach seems to have them on track. They will finish with a winning record for the first time, and could be slotted for a bowl game. They had a rough patch in the middle of the season, but have rebounded nicely. BPHusker

• Like Like x 2
  12. hornfaninbama

TEClemson's site is down, sorry for no graphics

13. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

[​IMG]
    1.UCF - Ranked #10 in coaches poll UCF continues to lay the lumber as they look to a national title shot.

[​IMG]
    2.Utah. - The Utes have a new coach and a new way of doing business. Utah is off to a great start and has a shot at taking the PAC 12 by storm.

[​IMG]
    3.Ohio - Ohio didn't look very impressive in their season opener against Ohio St. but have since then gained some ground and had a solid win against FIU last week.

[​IMG]
    4.Texas State - Texas St. earned their first win on the season last week against Western KY. Texas St. has much to prove this season and they should have the roster to do it!

[​IMG]
    5.FIU - FIU has come a long way since their new head coach took the reigns. FIU has to find a way to finish in close games and really make a run in their conference to gain respect in the college football world.

[​IMG]
    6.North Texas - NT has had a rough start this season, NT almost pulled it out late against Utah last week but the Utes proved to be the better team. NT has good coaching and the talent they just need a solid win to get this season turned around.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  14. hornfaninbama

No hot chicks at Utah i guess....

I have a little experience with Tx State girls...they're the girls who partied too much to make it into Texas, but couldn't handle being a long way from Austin. So they have this inferiority complex that makes them very eager to please. Only Tech girls have a better combination.

• Like Like x 1