2013 Preseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2013 Preseason

We are now in preseason, looks like almost everyone is done. If everyone is done by tommorow night I will advance. Schedules are set and I will post them tommorow that is if the board is working. I had to make oregon and Miami play week 1, sorry guys It was the only option to get everyone 4 user games.

Records page has been updated and posted. Conference Challenge this year goes as follows:

Big 12 vs Pac 10

Big Ten vs ACC

All games are week 2. Matchups are as follows:

USC @ Texas
    Oregon @ Oklahoma
    UCLA @ Texas Tech
    FSU @ Penn St
    Miami @ OSU
    VA Tech @ Michigan

Hall of Fame voting for last year will also be posted tommorow morning IF the board let's me. Good luck this season to all.

2. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Remind me about HOF voting. Were we already supposed to do that? If so, how?

3. Hova

Nominations are already past due. I have the class and we will now all vote on them.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami is going to have a down year unless I can pull off some miracle victories. My fastest player on my entire roster is 94 speed and he is a former cornerback playing wide receiver. There are a few good spots (DE Dye, LB Morgan, CB Thomas and Nixon) but the offense is complete garbage. Primary goal is to win enough games to keep my 5-star prestige.

Oh and thanks for easy start against Oregon and Ohio State. :rolleyes:

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Preseason is finished....

Penn State looks pretty solid across the board. WR Justin Brown looks to fill Devon Smith's shoes as the go to WR threat. I added some needed speed to the backfield with Eric Young, but expect SR Curtis Dukes to get the baulk of the carries. The O-Line is solid with 4/5 90+ ovr ratings. If my former :5stars: recruit Jonathan Johnson can live up to his potential the offense should run smoothly. Defense is anchored by my 2 DT 99 and 94 ovr. And my secondary is fast an experianced with a 99ovr CB and 98ovr FS. Looks like another potential BCS title run this year.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

The only position Va Tech is lacking at is Qb where before position changing my WR to QB which i suppose he was a QB first but someone switched him to wideout for speed. My best true QB was Junior Barry Johnson who was a horrible 76 overall. QB turned WR turned QB again Tony Gregory is huge improvement from that, coming in at 89 overall. He has blazing speed for a QB coming in with 92 speed 87 agility 94 accel. He has an arm also but you'll have to find that out if you play me lol. The rest of my team is solid as Senior Rb David Wilson returns to claim what is rightfully his THE HEISMAN. Last year before being injured he was the man to beat for the heisman racking up 1500 yards before week 9!! He would have more than likely broken the single season rushing mark. And a certain fast ass bigplay wideout freshman should cause defenses to not play so close to the line which should open up even bigger lanes for Wilson.... HOKIES WILL BE IN THE MIX THIS YEAR COUNT ON THAT.

7. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Tech defense lost impact corner, but overall is better. Offense lost top two HB's, top TE, 2 O-lineman and 4 of the 5 best receivers.

Good news is our 77 overall kicker has elected to turn down a minimum wage job, and return to school for his senior year.

8. Hova

lol @ bravejaf. I will make sure you and oregon do not have a user game week 1 next season and of course you have to play ohio state in Ohio state because of the Conference Challenge rules.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am VT in the SE and I made the same move, except #3 (who is origanlly listed as WR in the default roster) was Antone Exum on my roster. He is rated a 95ovr in his RS senior year at QB and he is very effective at the QB position. Exum was a QB in high school hence the possible QB attributes, but what I think happened was that EA didn't modify their rosters from the year before that much. I am sure you remember the jacked up rosters before the patch. Well in last years game #3 was Ike Whitaker who was moved from QB the year before to WR. So he had some QB attributes to go along with his poor WR ratings. Well EA didn't update their rosters and the #3 was just changed to a freshman in this years game. So I guess Exum being a former QB and recruited as an athlete fit #3 attributes best, even though he will play FS if he ever steps on the field.

Just in case you were wondering.....

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ya i was wondering y anyone running the va tech offense would want to switch a 90+ speed QB to WR lol