2013 "Quizz" Rodgers Award

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by PAgamer07, Aug 13, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

That's right ladies, as discussed before the restart, we will be renaming our awards and condensing them. Our first award will be for the Offensive Player of the Year. The award is named after easily one of the most explosive and dangerous players in Redshirts history and an original member of the Hall of Fame.

The Redshirts you have until Saturday Night 8/17 to submit your nominees along with a photo of a player you would like on the ballot.

[​IMG]

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

WR Chris Harper
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

The good ol' days.

4. PAgamer07

Back when you were good at this game

5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Cal QB or WR have gone ape shit in the stat column....

6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Other cheeseballs have out-statted him, but Colter has been the MVP.

upload_2013-8-15_8-30-52.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

[​IMG]
    WR Stefon Diggs
    2381 total yards through 10 games
    73 receptions, 978 yards, 8 TDs, 1 passing TD
    41 kick returns, 1068 yards, 1 TD
    27 punt returns, 335 yards

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I better throw Kyle Prater in too, he's just been too good to ignore.

upload_2013-8-15_9-20-5.png
    [​IMG]

9. sonn

sonn Walk On

10 Drops and a fumble? :rolleyes:

10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Nobody's perfect. Just ask bawvu97 about him, he can take over a game.

11. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Especially when he is the only one you throw to lol just kidding

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Dwight-Schrute-Thats-Very-True.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'm guessing there will be a final poll with the nominee's stats after the season ends.

WR Brandin Cooks

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I had some nice pics of buie but your impatient advancing ruined them :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

WR Chris Harper (Cal): 88 catches- 1489 yards- 10 TD- 1 Drop

[​IMG]

QB Kain Colter (Northwestern): 231/311- 3903 yards- 37 TD- 19 INT, 78 carries- 195 yards- 6 TD

[​IMG]

WR Stefon Diggs (Maryland): 83 Catches- 1095 yards- 9 TD, 1728 return yards- 1 TD, 1/1- 8 yards- 1 TD

[​IMG]

WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern): 88 catches- 1674 yards- 16 TD- 11 Drops

[​IMG]

WR Brandin Cooks (Oregon State): 89 catches- 1457 yards- 18 TD- 7 drops, 1508 return yards- 1 TD

The Redshirts The above are your nominees and their final regular season stats. Please post who your choice is for the "Quizz" Rodgers award winner.

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'll be a homer. Cooks, less drops, more TD's . Prater's argument is he was on a better team (record wise)

17. PAgamer07

Odd that we didnt have a single RB up here. When in doubt, vote for the QB!

My vote is for Colter

18. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

20. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I hate being a homer, but Colter was pretty much unstoppable, dude was ice in all the clutch situations I had.

21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm gonna vote colter. I would vote prater with Those numbers but it kind of taints it for me that a lot of those are short out routes that are user controlled. I dunno. I think any decent receiver with the same usering could do the same thing. No offense or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  22. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    It would have been nice to know a deadline for this (it says saturday and it doesnt say what time its not even noon) so i could have wrote something and had photos. Considering this was posted on Tuesday Night, I really haven't had time to put this together.

Same goes for Chastising people for not doing the content that is "expected". Between these expectations and the expectations that we all be available between 6-11 PM to play a video game, this ain't the right place for me.

23. PAgamer07

Youre kidding me right? I mentioned this when the league started... would you like me to find the post? You said you were fine with the content requirements. Pretty sure when you applied for the league you also said you were good with it via PM.

So now you want to drop because of it?

I could care less when you play your games, as long as they get played. You didnt expect not to catch heat going to bed at 8 PM every night did you?

24. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

25. PAgamer07

bawvu97 here is the quote in it's entireity. From the thread that was originally titled "SYSK" I have highlighted the points you suddenly now have a problem with.

I thought I would touch on a couple things while we wait for rosters to be released. Call this... Shit you should know.

For you new guys, I am heavy on content if you haven't noticed. I like to write about the leagues I am in, and all of you in the league hopefully are aware that this was a requirement to be here. I also like to have a history to build on so that throughout the cycles we can look at the best or the worst of our teams, players and coaches.

Game recaps are required for all your games. As we do move pretty fast (48 hour max), you are not required to write a dissertation of a CPU game if you do not want to. A few lines summarizing the game is sufficient. I want to know your team and your players, and most people do too. User games require a bit more than a blurb for your recaps.

Each member is also required to provide one piece of content for the year. It can be stats, game of the year, whatever you want. But it is a requirement. I used to require 2 pieces per year, but 1 is sufficient.

The league also has end of season voting which is required. QB, RB, WR and Defensive Player of the Year are all voted on. Photos of said players are a requirement to vote, so please be sure to capture good screenshots of your stud players as the season comes to a close. We also have a coach of the Year award which is a private vote via PM.

Until we see how easy (or hard) recruiting is, we will be continue our cap of 2 :5stars: players per year. The COTY winner is awarded a 3rd :5stars: for being awesome.

The league will start on Heisman difficulty with modified sliders. I have not determined whether I will adjust our speed threshold for realism or balance, and that is something I will need to figure out after playing some games. We also will be starting with Heisman recruiting as well. We want the CPU to be as competitive as possible in all phases of the game. Finally... we will be setting our coaching XP gain to slow. The way I see it, multiple seasons are probably not tested at EA, therefore it appears to be easy to gain XP for your coach. By setting this on slow, we will get the most challenge and have to choose wisely for your skill trees.

We will also be playing with Coaching Carousel enabled. But there will be no movement for our coaches. This helps change the dynamic across the league as coaches change school, as well as allow our coach prestige to change (finally).

The next step is to wait for team ratings to be released. Once that happens, we will begin team selection. Team selection will be made by me. Each coach will PM me a Top 5 (either conference) and then every day for 12 days, I will reveal one team. Choose wisely as there are no changing schools for the cycle. So make sure you are happy with your list.

Once teams are chosen, we wait for the game to be released. We will have a tournament amongst the league to learn the game and get to practice. So have fun with it. The Rules in the league description still apply to these games.

So that's it for now... I will update this thread periodically as more information is available.