2013 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

You know the drill. Make your 1 star sound like the 5 star you wish he was

Since I won't be signing anyone until Week 12, I wont be in this topic for a while

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

SS(#1) :4stars:
    6'3 207lb Richfield, UT
    Brian Small

He may not have the time to develop to his true potential, but if I had recruited this kid earlier in the cycle I'd be pumped. His speed/agility/acceleration would end up around 90-95 and his skills would be just as good if not better. Good size as well. Excellent SS recruit.

DE(#1) :4stars:
    6'5 248lb Manitowoc, WI
    Phil Jefferson

Great size/speed combo. Jefferson could play OLB if he wanted to. A- pursuit looks awesome. This guy might play immediately.

G(#3) :4stars:
    6'6 305lb Greenville, NC
    Michael Robinson

Huge guy with good feet and strength. Great inside prospect who might hop over to center if Texas cant land an elite one.

DT(#3) :4stars:
    6'1 284lb Orange, TX
    Jake Means

UT will be replacing 2 DTs this season and Means is a great start. The Horns are also in a heated battle with Oregon for the top DT recruit in the nation. Of note: Jake is the son of Natron Means.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas A&M has signed 1/3 of their players already (4). Really excited about these guys and will be posting their stats later this evening hopefully.

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Boilermakers add a kicker

P (#18) :2stars:
    William Holley - Holley's commitment allows Purdue to concentrate on more pressing needs. However, Holley has a strong leg and should take over kicking duties in a few years.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

[​IMG]

7. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

:) Too funny!

Seems I was a bit over zealous. Only have 3 true commits. But I think I'm pretty set on the class except 2 or 3 that I'm trying to steal last second.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Purdue adds a second recruit to its class:

T #18 :3stars:
    Tremaine Gilliam - Tremaine will give the Boilermaker O-Line depth in the coming years before taking over one of the tackle spots.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Putdue's 2013 Recruiting Class nearly complete:

CB #30 :3stars:
    Mario Ewing – Mario has good athleticism and good coverage skills. Though he could use a year to develop, the lack of depth in the Purdue secondary will likely force to play immediately.

DE #44 :3stars:
    David Salas – David is able to get off blocks and pursue. He will have the chance to redshirt to improve his strength.

DE #35 :3stars:
    Anthony Williams – Anthony is solid all around, but is superb in his tackling and is strong. He will also redshirt as there is depth at the position.

DT #52 :3stars:
    Roy Browne – Roy has good strength and is able to push the pocket. He will provide great depth his first few years on campus before fighting for the nose tackle spot.

G #155 :1stars:
    Justin Keith (JUCO JR) – Justin will be part of the rotation in the interior of the offensive line as the Boilermakers attempt to build some depth by redshirting incoming Freshmen. He is a good pass blocker though he struggles opening holes in the run game at times.

T #138 :1stars:
    Nick Castillo (JUCO JR) – Similar to Justin Keith, Nick will be part of the rotation at tackle in order to allow the Boilermakers to build depth at the tackle position. Nick is an all-around good blocker and can play either left or right tackle.

SS #19 :3stars:
    Thomas Vaughn – Thomas is somewhat of a luxury pick for Purdue as there is not great need at the Strong Safety position. Thomas has great acceleration and is a good tackler with above average cover skills. With a redshirt, he may become an integral player of the secondary in a few years.

MLB #13 :3stars:
    Corey Davis – Corey has good speed and is a good tackler that is able to get off blocks. Though he needs to improve in many other aspects, due to the lack of depth, he will likely be unable to redshirt.

MLB #44 :3stars:
    Jose Ostrander – Josh possesses good moves in trying to fight off opposing lineman. While he is not as athletic as Corey Davis, he may be the better linebacker in the long run and will likely redshirt.

G #60 :3stars:
    Chris Carlson – Chris has good strength which allows him to be fierce at the point of attack. He will need to improve his footwork in order to maximize his potential, but will be able to do so during his redshirt year.