2013 Rookie Grades

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

TMFL25

They are back! Starting with picks 1-10 as usual! Though with TEClemsons pictures gone, it will be a little less flashy. Getting an A with be tough this year, you'll really have to impress.

1) RT Eric Fisher - Kansas City Chiefs

Fisher has 3 Pancakes and has allowed 1 Sack so far this season. It isn't too horrible but I also have a hard time grading O Lineman this early in the season. But Fisher is a beast and his Pancakes are triple his sacks. We'll give him a

Grade: B

2) RT Luke Joeckel - Jacksonville Jaguars

Joeckel has a whopping 8 Pancakes but also a whopping 6 Sacks allowed. I take back my statement from above. While I'm impressed with the high amount of Pancakes, the high amount of Sacks leave me wondering. Since the Jags have been on AP for a while I'll have to give him a

Grade: C

3) RE Dion Jordan - Miami Dolphins

11 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 2 TFL isn't too bad this early in the season. In fact it's pretty good in my opinion for a Rookie DE, especially with how tough it can be to bring pressure this year. Keep it going kid, you get a

4) RT Lane Johnson - Philadelphia Eagles

Not very stellar with 3 Sacks Allowed and only 2 Pancakes. The Eagles have struggled this year thus far and this kid isn't helping them any. He needs to focus on merely blocking his opponent instead of flattening him, because he is the one being flattened.

Grade: D

5) RE Ezekiel Ansah - Detroit Lions

Very similar stats to Jordan except Ansah has two more tackles. Again, tough to gain pressure and this kid is bringing it.

6) ROLB Barkevious Mingo - Cleveland Browns

Originally a DE, the Browns moved this kid to LB and he is doing pretty well for himself with 12 Tackles and 3 Sacks. These Rookies sure know something about getting sacks, but it's much needed in Cleveland.

7) LG Jonathan Cooper - Arizona Cardinals

Another O Lineman but this one hasn't given up any sacks! He has recorded three pancakes so there is some potential. Again, tough to grade but I think he deserves a

8) WR Tavon Austin - St. Louis Rams

15 Rec, 210 yards, 4 TD, 3 Drops. Austin is tied with Quick for the second most receiving yards on the team and has the most receiving TDs at this point. But he also has the most drops, if he had held onto the ball he could have more yards and maybe more TDs. While he is looking good, he has a long way to go.

9) CB Dee Milliner - New York Jets

Milliner has 11 tackles and 1 pick on the season. While Cromartie overshadows him in the INT department, Milliner knows how to swat the ball as well with three deflections. Not sure of his exact position on the depth chart but it seems like the right place at the moment.

10) RG Chance Warmack - Tennessee Titans

Must have been the draft of the Offensive Lineman. With the exception of the guy on the Eagles, each one of these has been able to hold their own. Warmack has 4 Pancakes and 1 Sack given up.

Picks 11-20 will come in roughly 4-5 in game weeks.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Good stuff Mas

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Tough to write about OL

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Gio Bernard finally made an impact for me in week 6 , hopefully he can at least earn a C grade. Been a rough start for sure :(

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Baltimore Ravens Matt Elam looking to make the grade on the next report card :)

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I thought Arthur Brown made some nice plays yesterday, I know he was your 2nd rounder, but he's should be solid for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

Nice writeup. Bell has to be one of the top rookie RBs in the league

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

TMFL25

11) RT D.J. Fluker - San Diego Chargers

Yawn, what a way to start this edition...more O Line. This guy has one pancake and one sack allowed. Chargers did need some help on the O Line but this kid has done nothing impressive so far.

12) CB D.J. Hayden - Oakland Raiders

Just 16 tackles on the season. Not bad for someone who isn't in a starting position. But it doesn't appear he has does anything to help stop the pass.

13) RE Sheldon Richardson - New York Jets

Originally a DT swapped to the outside. 17 tackles on the season with 2 sacks and 3 TFLs. Not bad for a rookie that has played the inside for most of his career. And the Jets are stunning everyone this season, though it's not really much of a surprise given their owner.

14) DT Star Lotulelei - Carolina Panthers

20 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 5 TFL. Doing a pretty good job in a slot the Panthers really needed. Still needs to step it up just a bit more though, not sure if Coach Fuzzy has righted the ship in Carolina or not.

15) SS Kenny Vaccaro - New Orleans Saints

Behind Roman Harper, this kid doesn't see much play time so it's tough to grade him accurately. He does have 9 tackles and 1 interception, but like I said, not sure how much he is playing.

16) QB E.J. Manuel - Buffalo Bills

7 TDs and 3 INTs but the injury really derailed this kid and allowed Thad Lewis to take over the team. Before he went down (and I'm not sure if he's back yet) he had passed for 601 yards and had only missed 10 out of his 44 passes. But with only a couple games under his belt, I can't grade him too high.

17) ROLB Jarvis Jones - Pittsburgh Steelers

Not bad in a position the Steeler need with 21 tackles. Jones was one of the top names for drafting when it came to Linebackers but he is a long way from fame.

18) FS Eric Reid - San Francisco 49ers

Looks like this kid is getting some good play time with 29 tackles, 2 assisted tackles and an interception. Finally a player that is impressive in my eyes and will go a long way in the NFL...but still not A grade material unfortunately because a high number of tackles just won't cut it.

Grade: B+

19) RT Justin Pugh - New York Giants

No stats at all. Probably doesn't start. Boring.

Grade: F

20) RG Kyle Long - Chicago Bears

What is with all these O Lineman in the first round?! Long does actually have stats with 3 pancakes, which is good but also has allowed 4 sacks. He'll need to stop letting people get to Cutler if he wants success.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Still waiting for that first elusive A grade

• Like Like x 1
  12. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Yeah the Vaccaro pick was a complete waste (per usual with the Saints). He's a good player but the Saints signed Harper to an extension as well right before drafting him so I dont really know how much playing time he'll get.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

His real life grade:

15. Kenny Vaccaro, S, New Orleans Saints Grade: -3.1 Snaps: 175
    Analysis: The grade is perhaps harsher than it appears. Vaccaro has brought some playmaking and athleticism to the Saints secondary, but he’s failed when used as a pass rusher (no pressure on 11 rushes) and earned slight negatives against the run and in coverage. Do his big plays make up for this?

14. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    He does start but he got injured in a sim while I was away. So few guys throw outside and/or to their #1 WR that pass deflections and INTs are probably rare for most #1 CBs.

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

EJ was solid for the 2 games and 1 play he's played. He's back this week so we'll see how things go with him. Solid job Masler

16. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Yeah extremely well done.

Sheldon Richardson has been extremely solid.

I've been really happy with Geno Smith too.

17. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I will consider this a compliment :) O-Linemen are neither to be seen nor heard. The fact that you don't have an opinion on him one way or the other means he's at least doing his job.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

"You all suck donkey dick!" -Masler

• Like Like x 1
  19. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

"Jim sucks donkey dick!" -Stifler

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

TMFL25

Finishing up Round 1. Might do Round 2, haven't decided yet.

21) TE Tyler Eifert - Cincinnati Bengals

Leads the team in TD receptions, two ahead of AJ Green. Second in terms of yardage, but unfortunately Madden does not have a dropped passes stat so I can't really judge how good he may or may not be in that aspect. He's seeing success for a rookie though.

22) CB Desmond Trufant - Atlanta Falcons

I think I may be impressed. 30+ Tackles, 3 INT, 5 Deflections (leads the team) and has recovered two fumbles. The only thing he really hasn't done is scored but who cares when the kid has accounted for getting the ball back to the offense five times. He's taking the spotlight off Samuel

Grade: A

23) DT Sharrif Floyd - Minnesota Vikings

30+ Tackles but only 2 for a loss and just one sack. He has also recovered one fumble. He will do well in the Vikings and seems to be playing it safe with just tackling the ball carrier rather than make himself known.

24) LOLB Bjorn Werner - Indianapolis Colts

Another impressive rookie on defense. Nearly 40 tackles, 7 of them for a loss and 6 of those were sacks. Not only can he get into the backfield, he can play the pass with 3 INT, 1 Deflection and has forced 1 Fumble. This Colts team is only getting better and they probably just found their rock within the Linebackers.

25) CB Xavier Rhodes - Minnesota Vikings

A pair of picks, 5 deflections and 34 tackles highlight this kids stat line. He is doing well in the secondary and has some blitzing potential as he also has a recorded sack.

26) LE Datone Jones - Green Bay Packers

5 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack and has played in 11 games, taking part in 160 snaps. He averages 14 plays per game and has only managed that stat line. Either he sucks or needs to see the field more. Either way this is awful.

Grade: F

27) WR DeAndre Hopkins - Houston Texans

Third on the team in receiving yards but only has one TD catch. It's clear that Johnson is the main target (and rightly so) but Hopkins has potential that isn't being used. He only has half the catches of Johnson and is the #2 guy with, I'll remind you, just one TD reception. I would be rather disappointed if I were him.

28) DT Sylvester Williams - Denver Broncos

Last I checked Williams lead the NFL in sacks with 8. He has also recorded 32 tackles, with 11 of them being for a loss. Not much to say on the turnover side, he doesn't have great Hit Power and has jumped on just one fumble. Doing work clogging up the middle but I think he could up the tackles a bit.

29) WR Cordarrelle Patterson - Minnesota Vikings

Coach Knight was boasting this kid was going with ROTY. Yeah, far from that. He's got potential but only 2 TD isn't winning you any awards there Nolesy. Third in receiving yards on the team isn't bad considering it is for 511 yards. I am aware he was injured but not sure for how long. The ball was thrown to him a decent amount as well, but its tough getting attention with AP plowing over people.

30) ROLB Alec Ogletree - St. Louis Rams

SIXTY tackles, this kid is getting work (though not as much as Laurinaitis with 92). But with all of those tackles I would expect him to have more than 4 for a loss and just a lone sack. He does have some plays in the passing game with 3 picks and 1 deflection. I'm also slightly disappointed that a guy with so many tackles only has 1 Forced Fumble but the disappointment goes away when I see he has two defensive TDs, which is pretty good for a Rookie LB. Quantity over Quality on this one!

31) C Travis Frederick - Dallas Cowboys

Yawn. You all know how I feel about O Lineman in terms of Grades. Anywaaaaay (Ellen voice)....9 Pancakes and 1 Sack Allowed is not too bad at all. Keep protecting Romo kid and "America's Team" should be just fine.

32) SS Matt Elam - Baltimore Ravens

Another Rookie to join the 50 tackle club. I don't expect as many TFL/Sacks for a SS but he has 3/2 respectively. He has also broken up 4 passes with no picks and has been quiet on the fumble area. Overall I feel he is doing his job as a SS, breaking up passes and making tackles. Good job and it looks like this secondary has a future after all.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Eifert also missed like 3-4 games with injury, so had that not happened he would possibly be cheesing his way to AFC OROY :(

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Idk what RRAH was doing with Hopkins, but he has done well for me so far and caught his TD since I took over. Good stuff Masler

23. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Fair enough grades for three vikings. From a team perspective, since I lost Patterson I have notice a difference in some offensive play calls, most notably in the Bears game and then his ability to return kicks and punts. Plus I don't slot cheese :) :troll: (y)

24. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

My secondary is very, very promising. I love my young talent with the vet Decoud backing them up and Moore dismantling everyone with his hit power. After I get my front 7 right when I switch to 3-4, look out, the Falcons will rise again.

25. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4