2013 Rookie Grades

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alright, starting this up again TMFL. As usual I will start with 1-10.

[​IMG]

1) QB Sam Farris - 91.1 QBR, 87/167 (52%), 1,530 yards, 10 TD, 5 INT, Long of 80

There's no questioning this youngster has a dynamic play style. I experience it first hand but unfortunately that is the only victory this kid has lead the team to this season as they are sitting at 1-4. He needs to shake off the rookie jitters and play clutch.

Grade: B+

[​IMG]

2) DT Jakari Christmas - 12 Tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks, 2 Deflections

While not as productive as this coach predicted, his presence on the field is menacing. I wish they had a pressuring the QB stat to show how many times he has been in the face of the opposing QB. But he is still rough around the edges as the opposing line manhandle him for the most part.

Grade: B

[​IMG]

3) CB Jalen Cooper - 26 Tackles, 1 TFL, 4 Deflections

Cooper leads the Jags defense in tackles and has even found himself in the backfield once. But I'm concerned he doesn't play the ball that well while it's actually in the air. Four deflections over the course of 5 games is rather under average for this highly touted CB. So while the Tackles are impressive, the lack of actual coverage stats aren't.

Grade: C

[​IMG]

4) HB Najee Hunter - 126 Att, 554 yards, 4.4, 3 TD, 3 Fumbles, 6 BTK, Long of 53

Halfway to the 1,000 mark only 6 games into the season, not bad. He has averaged nearly 100 yards per game and with 6 rushes of 20 yards or more it looks like he knows how to find the hole and exploit it. The Rams sit at a 3-3 record and if this kid really steps it up, they'll see themselves in the playoffs.

[​IMG]

5) CB Devin Brown - 14 Tackles, 2 Deflections, 2 Catches Allowed

Not sure I can really gauge how this kid plays or how much he plays but it looks like doesn't see the field very much. He's deflected two passes and 2 catches have been allowed under his watch. But after further research and his #2 position on the depth chart and 82 overall rating, I'm rather disappointed at the lack of stats.

Grade: D

[​IMG]

6) MLB Jason Judge - 23 Tackles, 8 TFL, 4 Sacks, 2 Deflections, 1 FF

We all knew this guy would be a monster and it looks to be just that. Looks like he and LOLB Quincy Black are having a competition as both have 8 TFL and Black is just edging out Judge in sacks. But for a rookie to have tasted that much of the backfield, yep, I'm impressed. Good job kid.

Grade: A

[​IMG]

7) ROLB Ransford Dozier - 26 Tackles, 8 TFL, 3 Sacks, 3 Deflections, 1 FF

Another Rookie who likes the backfield. The Eagles really needed a reliable guy on the edges and he has become more than that, he is now a household name to Eagles fans. Yet again, impressed.

[​IMG]

8) RE Cameron Jackson - 12 Tackles, 8 TFL, 5 Sacks

Ok, do the O Lines in the NFL know how to block inexperienced players?! Haha, that aside we have another guy who knows how to get off the blocks but his low tackle amount is a little concerning so maybe those O Lineman are doing their job after all...mostly.

[​IMG]

9) LT Conner Barr - 0 Pancakes, 1 Sack Allowed

It's always tough to grade this position but seeing as he hasn't sent anyone on the defense on their ass I can't really say he is great. Also has allowed a sack, which is never a good thing to do.

Grade: C

[​IMG]

10) RG Kendrick Berry - No Stats

Again, can't really gauge.

Grade: None

• Like Like x 8
  2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

You're 100% about that shit!!

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Dang my TE with like 7 TD's gets no love ? :(

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It's in order of how they were picked in the draft so if you didn't have a top 10 pick then he hasn't gotten to them yet (y)

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

My reading comprehension does not kick in very fast on weekends :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

LOL. This guy isnt even in the league and knows that. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Ouch yeah thanks PA for rubbing in my deployment a little more. Just because I'm gone on deployment doesn't mean I don't pay attention on what's going on with everything in the league.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Haha. Wasn't meant to take a jab at you. I see you around a lot, and we certainly wish you were still in the league.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Barr has been an absolutely fantastic RT for me Masler .

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yeah I know, hopefully I should be back in more than enough time for next years league so I'll throw my hat into the ring and see what Shaun and the others decide if I am back or not, but yeah I keep close tabs on what is going on in the league. Just gotta give you a hard time you know (y)

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Catches Allowed...

This stat cannot be working correctly. None of my players have any catches allowed, but I am nearly last in pass defense.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Cmon hand out some Fs

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

TMFL Here comes 11-20

[​IMG]

11) TE Jackson Williams - 26 Rec, 304 yards, 5 TD, 7 Drops, Long of 42

Looks like he was sent out to the 49ers for Vernon Davis or was he dropped by Coach Mason due to the whole draft fiasco? Anyway. Looks like he has some good potential with 5 TD receptions already and even had a 42 yard burst. Not much concern for the drops because TE's drop passes all the time in this game but 7 is still high. I see a lot more success in the future if he can get the drops under control.

Grade: B-

[​IMG]

12) LG Isaac Unga - 5 Pancakes, 1 Sack Allowed

Pretty good for a Rookie considering the other LGs have allowed a staggering 9 sacks. He was a big story all last season in the scouting news and he is living up to the hype. Keep protecting the QB and you'll have yourself a great career.

[​IMG]

13) DT Devon Hargrove - 14 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 8 TFL, 2 FR

Another good D-Lineman coming out of the draft. Not a high number of tackles but half of them were in the backfield and half of those were sacks. Looks like he can handle a loose ball well too (let the jokes begin). Just another player to look out for on that Baltimore defense, even if Lewis is gone.

[​IMG]

14) TE DeAngelo McClaine - 51 Rec, 928 yards, 11 TD, 2 Drops, Long 76

Wow, impressive to almost be hitting the 1,000 yard mark for a Rookie TE. Couple that with the fact that he has 11 TDs and only 2 drops and you have a pretty good TE. I looked a little deeper and found that he came in at 86 overall and is the Seahawks leading receiver, beating out Torrey Smith by just under 300 yards and 7 TD's. I fear if he gets hurt the Seahawks will be a loss in the passing game though (joking). Way to make a mark.

[​IMG]

15) FS Jemale Hall - 39 Tackles, 3 INT, 4 Deflections, 1 FF, 1 FR

Pretty good considering the weak class of safeties that presented itself in the draft. He's proven to be a reliable ball hawk and has secured a starting position over ex-Redskin (can I call them that after all the controversy going on about the use of the name?) LaRon Landry. Again, nice job.

[​IMG]

16) MLB Earnest Lewis - 19 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 8 TFL, 1 FF

Not bad, playing being Pat Angerer and Kavell Conner probably dumbs his stats down a bit. From what I can tell he is able to get off the block like half the other Rookies I've graded so far and even has managed to force a fumble. I see this kid getting better as time goes on and being a good player to come when the two in front of him need a bit of a rest.

[​IMG]

17) LOLB Raysean Hill - 29 Tackles, 1 Sack, 5 TFL

Finally a Rookie that doesn't try to always be in the backfield. I like the high amount of tackles and he is contributing to a successful season in Buffalo. Like Lewis before him he has proven that being a backup isn't always a bad thing. I'm sure as he improves, Coach Keller will get him more PT.

[​IMG]

18) SS Javonta Woods - 6 Tackles, 1 INT, 2 TFL, 1 Sack

I'm not really sure what to make of his stats except they tell me he doesn't get a lot of playtime. Judging he is a 80 overall and the highest rated safety on the team I guess I expected more. I do grab my stats from MaddenCareer so maybe the rating is off. Sure he has a sack and a pick but only 6 tackles as a SS, not good. This kid needs to try harder so Coach will start him some day.

Grade: F

[​IMG]

19) ROLB Nate Harris - 42 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 13 TFL, 2 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR

Talk about production. He obviously knows how to get to the ball carrier whether it's in the backfield or not. I like seeing a high amount of TFL that isn't even half the amount of total tackles. Pair that will a couple of takeaways and you have yourself a great OLB. This kid compliments Laurinaitis very well.

[​IMG]

20) WR Taiwan Brown - 17 Rec, 212 yards, 3 TD, 3 Drops, Long of 28

This kid only averages 21 yards per game and 12 per catch. Barely gets the ball twice a game at this point. The Panthers' season hasn't been the greatest and it's largely due to issues in the passing game. Newton is throwing picks, the receivers are dropping passes. Also, I feel he has trouble getting open and therefore doesn't get targeted as much and if he does, Newton gets intercepted rather than the Rookie making a big play. This was the first WR to be taken...I felt there were better out there.

Grade: F

• Like Like x 4
  14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    nice job again mas

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Nicely done Masler tho in regards to FS Woods, he has been out since week 2 and is out for the season with an injury. Definitely liking what your doing with this (y)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I shipped the tight end to San Francisco.

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

He broke his collarbone week 2 and is out 40 something weeks :( , but he was the starter

• Like Like x 1
  18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Look for Brown to be worked into the lineup more and more as this season winds down.

19. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

fuzzyl0gic

The things I could have done with Brown! God!

And NO, Masler, there wasn't a better WR out there! Fuzzy took him and hasn't done anything with him! And he was sliding to me! :(

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

I kind of figured. Looks like a beast though