2013 (S2)- Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Sep 10, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We are in Bowl Week ladies. Get your games in. Deadline is Wednesday 10 PM EST.

2. PAgamer07

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #20 USC Trojans (8-4) ===============
    #22 USC will face #17 Oklahoma State in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #21 Stanford Cardinal (8-4) ===============
    #23 Stanford will face Clemson in the Sun Bowl.

=============== Michigan Wolverines (8-5) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 35-33 against Ohio State (11-2).
    #19 Michigan will face #23 Georgia in the Outback Bowl.

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (10-2) ===============
    #7 Wisconsin will face #9 Florida in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-2) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 35-33 against Michigan (8-5).
    #4 Ohio State will face #5 Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #4 Arkansas Razorbacks (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas lost 34-31 against Alabama (13-0).
    #1 Arkansas will face #8 Texas in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (7-5) ===============
    Illinois will face Kansas State in the Insight Bowl.

=============== #19 South Carolina Gamecocks (8-4) ===============
    #21 South Carolina will face #12 TCU in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (11-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 35-6 against Washington (9-4).
    #3 Oregon will face #1 Alabama in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (13-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 34-31 against Arkansas (12-1).
    #2 Alabama will face #2 Oregon in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #9 Florida Gators (9-2) ===============
    #9 Florida will face #7 Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #6 Cal Golden Bears (10-2) ===============
    #6 Cal will face #15 Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl®.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Damn, I knew I wouldn't play in the NC, and I know its my fault for not being able to play my game against Screw, but if it was real life I would be playing for the NC. At least I get Texas in the Sugar Bowl, will do everything I can to kill them as they are horrible horrible people.

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

well, if i beat sonn...we can split the NC, lol.

5. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Haha, I just hate the ranking logic, it has always been horrible.

6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Eh? In no way would a team that just lost their CCG be voted in to play the NC against the team they just lost to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PAgamer07

Not. Gonna. Happen.

8. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

100% disagree with you. If the undefeated number 1 team lost by 3 to the undefeated number 2 team they would be ranked ahead of the 2 11-2 teams one of which the previously number 1 ranked team beat. Add to that that both teams were in the SEC and I really think you are wrong. But we all know this is how EA works, and I had no delusions that I was going to sneak into the NC, nor do I deserve to.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

a team that didn't even get to their conference championship game just won the NCG last year...

in real life. lol.

10. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

listen here brah.

i <3 you.

11. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

smh

12. sonn

sonn Walk On

13. JohnnyClutch

Sammy Watkins 3 catches for 14 yards and 2 drops.

[​IMG]

14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

he had marijuana, not fucking cocaine lmao

• Like Like x 1
  15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    We all start the year with hopes of going to the National Championship. Coaches can spit the hoopla about playing one game at a time or simply playing for their conference championship, but deep down everyone wants the big trophy. This year, it came down to a cake walk schedule for Alabama but they'll finally snag a user game as they face the Oregon Ducks. Oregon's last visit to the big game resulted in a late loss to Auburn, can they finally knock off the SEC ?​
    Alabama had a interesting road, they had a new coach come in early in the season and they had their fair scare of games but they always came away victorious. The continuous talent of these two schools is untouchable. They lose players and you think they'll struggle and they just reload the speed & physicality and keep winning ball games. That's credit to the coaching staffs. Looking back on Alabama's schedule, the only team that is left ranked is Arkansas who they knocked off in the SEC Title game. The Razorbacks were missing the key's to the car with coach Fowler. The Tide also bring in Heisman Trophy winner in running back Jalston Fowler, but just like Oregon, Fowler's healthy is up in the air for the game. ​
    On the other side of the field you'll see two Heisman runner up's in HB De'Anthony Thomas. The health of Thomas is uncertain though as he was injured in the Pac-12 Title game, you'll also see Bryan Bennett quarterbacking the Ducks. These sneaky little ducklings snuck their way into the Title game with a little help from the voters. Oregon is a little more battle tested with the tough schedule they faced. The only hiccup during the season was just a timing thing. They faced the Gamecocks when South Carolina was playing flawless and could beat anyone in the country. They bounced back from the loss though and hopefully prove themselves against the SEC a little better this go-round. ​
    Not a lot else going on in the dynasty, we'll see a good ole rivalry between two BFF4Lyfes in coach Eidson & coach Carder in the Capital One Bowl. (That's a shitty bowl for two top 10 teams). It should be a hell of a game with the potent Wisconsin offense and a STOUT Gator defense led by CB Jaylen Watkins. Badger QB Danny O'Brien turned everything into a pick party the 2nd half of the season and he'll need to cut out the turnovers to beat the Gators. ​
    Here's some of our other match ups...​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Alamo Dome​
    San Antonio, TX​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Sun Bowl Stadium​
    El Paso, TX​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Raymond James Stadium​
    Tampa, FL​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Citrus Bowl​
    Orlando, FL​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Rose Bowl Stadium​
    Pasadena, CA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Mercedes-Benz Superdome​
    New Orleans, LA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Cowboys Stadium​
    Arlington, TX​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Sun Life Stadium​
    Miami Gardens, FL​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Sun Life Stadium​
    Miami Gardens, FL​
    (2013 Host)​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    QB AJ McCarron: 239/345, 3844 Yards, 44 TD, 12 INT
    QB Bryan Bennett: 189/312, 2511 Yards, 22 TD, 11 INT
    WR Kenny Bell: 55 Rec, 1097 Yards, 14 TD
    WR Josh Huff: 55 Rec, 1035 Yards, 12 TD
    MLB CJ Mosely: 64 Tackles, 25 TFL, 8 Sacks, FF
    OLB Derrick Malone: 35 Tackles, 12 TFL, 3 Sack, F Rec
    SS Vinnie Sunseri: 50 Tackles, 14 TFL, 3 Sack, 5 INT, FF, F Rec
    CB Terrance Mitchell: 24 Tackles, 2 TFL, 8 INT, FF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    17 - 31​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    35 - 14​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    28 - 31​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    21 - 24​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    24 - 27​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    24 - 14​

• Like Like x 3
  16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

'Cocks Explode to Finish Season

South Carolina started the season ranked 20th mainly due to the surprise return of Marcus Lattimore. They slowly climbed their way up the ladder taking down Arkansas and Oregon in the process and getting to a #2 ranking. Somewhere Coach Nachos is pretty familiar with in his tenure in the college football world. Unfortunately the Gamecocks got caught looking ahead to a matchup with #1 Arkansas and lost to conference foe Tennessee. Things were still within reach. Winning out would still put them in the conference championship game and most likely the national championship if they wont that. Things kept on sliding. A loss to Georgia and then losses to Arkansas and Florida slid them out of the top 25. They recovered though stringing together 3 straight wins going into the season.

On a roll they would head to Cowboys Stadium for the Cotton Bowl. TCU was ranked #12 and coming off a respectable season. SC got on the board first with a long pas from Shaw to Sanders, something we saw a lot of this year. TCU countered right back with a nice drive and eventually a 3 yard score. SC wasn't done in the 1st quarter, Brandon Wilds ran one in from 4 yards out to make the score 14-7.

In the second it was more back and forth. TCU tied it back up at 14 with a 1 yard run from Pachall. Again though Wilds took one in from 2 yards out to make it 21-14. TCU came right back with another Pachall run from 3 yards out to tie it at 21. SC finished out the half with the lead with Shaw found Smith open in the middle of the field and made some nice moves to go 50 yards and give SC the 28-21 halftime lead.

The second half wasn't as fast paced. Future QB Mark Watkins lead the team down with his legs and eventually took a QB keep 9 yards to extend the lead to 35-21. TCU wouldn't bow out. Another nice drive put them right back in contention going into the 4th at 35-28. That would be all she wrote for the Horned Frogs. Lattimore who carried the team most of the night scored his final touchdown from 6 yards out to clinch a 42-28 victory.

In their finals games Connor Shaw went 12/17 for 2 touchdowns and 229 yards. Lattimore ran the ball 26 times for 134 yards and a score. Next years QB Mark Watkins went 3/3 for 47 yards and added 52 yards on the ground on 4 carries.

On the season Shaw finished 198/339 for 3,474 yards and 32 touchdowns with only 11 interceptions. The best performance by a Nachos QB in his history. Lattimore didn't put up monster stats, but carried the team in crucial moments. Lattimore has 1,290 yards rushing on the season with 16 touchdowns on only 253 carries. Ace Sanders was a Mini-Bayou and carried the receiving corp. Sanders finished with over 1,000 yards receiver and 9 touchdowns on just 50 receptions. Jadeveon Clowney finished the season with a pathetic 5 sacks and 16 tackles.

• Like Like x 2
  17. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Oregon vs Alabama
    Positional Analysis
    QB:
    Both the Crimson Tide and Ducks have quarterbacks coming off great seasons. Bama's AJ McCarron had an excellent year throwing for 44 touchdowns which was tied for tops in the nation and had the highest completion percentage with an astounding 69%.
    Bryan Bennett is a different type of player at the quarterback position and while he had a respectable 22 touchdowns through the air, Bennett is most dangerous on option plays where he rushed for 606 yards and accounted for 14 scores.
    Advantage: Alabama
    RB:
    Unfortunately for Oregon a late season injury to De'Anthony Thomas will force him to miss the national championship and in his place redshirt freshman Byron Marshall will start. Marshall had a good season himself rushing for 706 yards and 9 touchdowns but is more of a bruising back and Oregon will most certainly miss Thomas' game changing speed. Coupled with the fact that the Crimson Tide only allowed 61 yards a game on the ground and it could be a long day for Oregon running backs
    Heisman Trophy winner Jalston Fowler was the workhorse of the Alabama offense and led the NCAA with 1673 yards while finishing second in rushing attempts and touchdowns. At 247 pounds Fowler is a load to bring down but will be in tough against the #4 ranked run defense.
    WR/TE:
    Oregon was more of run oriented team this year but senior WR Josh Huff had himself a nice year catching 55 passes for 1035 yards and 12 touchdowns. Unfortunately none of the other Ducks receivers managed to be consistent options as the next highest receiver on the team Devon Blackmon had only 28 receptions for 411 yards.​
    Alabama on the other hand had 5 players with over 300 yards receiving led by duo of Kenny Bell and DeAndrew White who combined for 118 receptions, 2136 yards and 25 touchdowns. Slot WR Kevin Norwood and TE Harrison Jones add another dimension to the Crimson Tide passing attack and make opponents pay for keying in on Bell and White.​

Offensive Line:

Both teams' offensive lines were excellent this year with Oregon allowing only 20 sacks and Alabama with 24. With Oregon's ranking 6th in rushing we're going to give them a slight edge in this year.

Advantage: Oregon

Defensive Line:

Both defensive lines were stout against the run. Oregon brings a slightly more experienced unit to the game with 3 of the 4 starters on the line seniors. DT Wade Keliikipi led the team in sacks and shows good speed and acceleration for someone his size. Ends Taylor Hart and Tony Washington played better against the run then they did going after the quarterback.

Junior end Joeffrey Pagan led Alabama in sacks this year with 8.5 and was really the only player of not on the line this year. Fellow end DJ Pettway and nose tackle Brandon Ivory were asked to fill the thankless job of engaging blockers to which allowed the Bama linebackers to create havoc.

Linebackers: Oregon's linebacking corps of Boseko Lokombo, Anthony Wallace and Derrick Malone are all versatile players that excel in both pass and run support. Lokombo is the veteran of the unit and will draw the primary responsibility of covering Harrsion Jones. All 3 recorded at least 3 sacks and 2 interceptions this season.

Think of Alabama and one of the first things that come to mind is their big hard hitting linebackers and this year's edition of the Crimson Tide is no different. All American MLB CJ Mosley is the heart and soul of the defense and has the ability to catch even the fastest of running backs with his top end speed. Xzavier Dixon, Adrian Hubbard and Tana Partrick may not get the recognition of Mosley but are just as solid.

Secondary:

This is the strength of the Oregon defense and while the yardage allowed may not be impressive a bulk of those came against the 2nd string defense in blowouts. Corners Terrance Mitchell and Troy Hill are arguably the top duo in the NCAA and combined for 15 interceptions this year. Nickel back Ifo Ekpre Olomu is no slouch himself and with the prevalence of 3+ WR sets has seen almost as much playing time as the starters. Senior safeties Erick Dargan and Brian Jackson provide steady support at the back and rank #2 and #3 in in total tackles on the team.

Alabama's secondary struggled this year as the strength of the team's front 7 forced opponents to beat them through the air but that didn't stop SS Vinnie Sunseri from walking away with this year's Thorpe. CB Dee Milliner missed much of the season due to injury but when healthy he's one of the nations top corners.

Special Teams:

Neither team's field goal kickers were tested much this year as Oregon's Alejandro Maldonado hit 13/15 while Alabama's Manuel Hart was 7/10. The Crimson Tide's Cody Mandell had a slightly higher average of 35.1 compared to Eric Stewart's average of 34.1.

• Like Like x 3
  18. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Wow I just had the most insane game vs Texas. I threw a last second TD from like 20 yards out to win 70-68. Tate, Herndon, and Wade where all out for the majority of the second half with injuries, had to focus on Horton who had an obscene game with over 300 yards receiving, which I know is bs but what can you do when a team scores 68 against you.

19. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

lmao, holy shit!

20. PAgamer07

Ban!

• Like Like x 1
  21. PAgamer07

Dude, this is awesome! Had you done some content this year a COTY vote MAY have been in your future :)

22. sonn

sonn Walk On

Blame EA. I'm stealing the coaching interviews from SuperBowlNachos for next season.

23. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

24. JohnnyClutch

I'm going to reserve from posting on this hot topic here. Just letting you know I'm actively reading the boards.

• Like Like x 3
  25. PAgamer07

LOL