2013 (S2) Week 11

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advanced. Deadline is Tuesday. Get them in sooner :)

Hello pagamer7,
    Welcome to Week 11! Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to write your own stories.

#19 Florida (5-2) at Ole Miss (4-3)
    Last week, the Gators won 42-25 at Georgia (5-3)
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets announced their decisions:
    MLBKevin Gilbert UF
    GVictor Morales Terps
    DTRobert Bates UF

#17 Stanford (6-2) at #15 USC (6-2)
    Last week, the Cardinal won 26-21 vs. Notre Dame (6-2)
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets announced their decisions:
    SSMatthew Griffin Stan
    CBKevin Hollis Stan
    MLBTim Schmidt Stan

#16 Michigan (6-3) vs Northwestern (6-2)
    Last week, the Wolverines won 42-3 vs. Minnesota (1-7)
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets announced their decisions:
    SSJeff James Mich
    DTTom Williams Mich
    DTOmar Cross Mich
    DEOliver Patrick Mich
    MLBMartin Johnson Mich
    OLBBrandon Pittman Wisc
    GCameron Parker Mich
    PTim Shelton Mich
    FBStevie Wilson Mich

#8 South Carolina (7-1) at Georgia (5-3)
    Last week, the Gamecocks lost 27-21 vs. Tennessee (5-3)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by South Carolina targets.

#15 USC (6-2) vs #17 Stanford (6-2)
    Last week, the Trojans won 38-30 at Arizona (5-2)
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets announced their decisions:
    DTRobert Bates UF
    FSChuck Scott USC
    TDuane Britt Oreg
    DTTom Williams Mich

#7 Wisconsin (7-1) at Penn State (3-5)
    Last week, the Badgers won 31-27 at Nebraska (3-5)
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets announced their decisions:
    ATHMichael Wiggins Wisc
    ATHWillie Long Wisc
    OLBBrandon Pittman Wisc

#4 Ohio State (8-2) at Indiana (4-3)
    Last week, the Buckeyes won 23-22 at Penn State (3-5)
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets announced their decisions:
    DTJ.D. Smith Ohio St
    WRJulius Stallings Ohio St
    GMark Gunn Ohio St
    CJon McKenzie Ohio St

#1 Arkansas (8-0) vs #22 Tennessee (5-3)
    Last week, the Razorbacks had a bye week
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets announced their decisions:
    HBAntwan Hayward Ark
    CBDavid Williams Ark
    ATHMichael Wiggins Wisc
    GLuke Miller Ark
    OLBDaniel Roth Ark
    SSJ.J. Jones Ark

#5 Oregon (7-2) at Arizona State (2-7)
    Last week, the Ducks won 56-7 at UCLA (6-3)
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets announced their decisions:
    ATHBrian Turner Oreg
    ATHAdrian McCullough Oreg
    TDuane Britt Oreg

#11 Cal (7-1) vs #21 Washington (6-2)
    Last week, the Golden Bears won 35-17 vs. Washington State (3-5)
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets announced their decisions:
    QBBryan Fields Cal

#13 Illinois (6-2) at Iowa (4-4)
    Last week, the Fighting Illini had a bye week
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets announced their decisions:
    ATHAntonio Harvey Illini
    CCaleb Jones Illini
    SSNick Gibson Utah

#2 Alabama (8-0) at LSU (4-3)
    Last week, the Crimson Tide had a bye week
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets announced their decisions:
    CBTrevor Ruffin Bama
    TEDaryl Lane Bama
    GMark Gunn Ohio St
    DEKevin Harris ASU
    TKevin Wilcox Bama

2. PAgamer07

:eek: at Michigan this week

3. PAgamer07

JohnnyClutch looks like we play. How is your Sunday looking?

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

PAgamer07

When was Nachos going to be back? I mean if it was tonight I'd feel pretty bad for simming his game as we've only been advanced since late friday night. If he's gone till Monday night or something, disregard this message. He lost him SIM and could possibly cost him a National Title.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

I have no clue when hell be back. Im hoping he makes the fantasy draft. It was my understanding he was expecting to take a sim.

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

He said in the week 10 thread that he was coming back tonight & probably could've played during our FF draft

7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We all escaped another week of blow outs & nail biters, except South Carolina who lost to Tennessee with the absence of their head coach. Stanford jumped out to a 20-0 lead over previously #7? Notre Dame and prevailed 26-21. Cal blew out Washington State 35-17, Oregon absolutely raped UCLA 56-7 and USC fought off a tough Arizona squad that just wouldn't go away. The 3 headed duo of QB Kessler, WR Woods and HB Morgan led the Trojans to the 40-28 victory.​
    #1 Arkansas will be fresh off their bye week to face a Tennessee squad that is riding some momentum after upsetting #2 South Carolina. The Razorbacks were probably looking ahead a little bit but not now. Alabama will face LSU, the Tide were also off last week. Florida bounced back after the heartbreak loss to Arkansas with a 42-25 win in the annual Florida-Georgia rivalry game. As we mentioned earlier the Gamecocks fell last week to Tennessee but they only fell to #8 in the polls so this team still has a TON to play for. They'll get their turn at Georgia this week. ​
    In the B1G, Wisconsin found themselves up early and down late but Abbrederis and a defensive stand led Wisconsin to a 31-27 victory over Nebraska. Ohio State keeps climbing, they're up to #4 now after the 23-22 win over Penn State. Going into the 4th the Buckeyes 22-17 and kicker Drew Basil booted through a game winner to lift the Buckeyes over Penn State. Basil booted through 3 field goals in the 2nd half which were the only points for Ohio State in the half. Michigan blew out Minnesota 42-3, ouch. Illinois had the week off as they prepare for Iowa. For Illinois, they have a huge week 12 match up with Michigan, if they can snag a win over the Wolverines they could possibly put themselves in the driver seat for that side of their division but they'll need to stay focused on Iowa this week, same for Michigan, focus on Northwestern and don't get caught looking ahead.​
    Who will beat Louisville? They've climbed to #6 and have a cheese ball of a schedule that is the Big East, can they be the BCS buster this season?​
    For USC, they have a tough few weeks, they'll travel to Stanford this week as we all know and then they'll host Oregon. USC/Oregon is always a fan pleaser but just like we keep saying, focus on this week or you can terminate your season and goals quickly. Same in the SEC, coach Nachos has said quite often that South Carolina is going to upset Arkansas once again and that's what we'll have in Week 12 as South Carolina will travel to Fayetteville. The press coverage worked well for the Gamecocks last year but that has been a point of focus for Arkansas in the off-season. Week 11 has some great matchups but nobody can deny the anticipation for next week's games.​
    This week's game featuring USC and Stanford could go either way but everyone around the country is leaning towards the Trojans. You just never know what to expect from this Stanford team. It will be a top offense against a fairly good defense. They both average around 37-38 points a game on offense but USC averages about 80 more yards in a game. However USC is ranked with the #2 offense in the country while Stanford is #16, can the Cardinal match point for point or even keep it close with that stand point. They match up well on the physical level but as far as speed & talent I just feel Stanford is out matched. For USC they will need to cut out the turnovers, they are #106 in turnover differential. Turning the ball over on the road usually never turns out a positive result. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Kessler: 173/265, 3070 Yards, 23 TD, 13 INT​
    HB DJ Morgan: 153 Att, 560 Yards, 9 TD​
    WR Robert Woods: 56 Rec, 1255 Yards, 11 TD​
    OLB Hayes Pullard: 53 Tackles, 18 TFL, Sack, ​
    [​IMG]
    QB Eric Schultz: 135/206, 2230 Yards, 25 TD, 9 INT​
    HB Anthony Wilkerson: 164 Att, 911 Yards, 7 TD​
    WR Ty Montgomery: 33 Rec, 772 Yards, 10 TD​
    RE Ben Gardner: 21 Tackles, 12 TFL, 8 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WR Robert Woods: 9 Rec, 145 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] HB Anthony Wilkerson: 25 Att, 129 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] HB DJ Morgan: 24 Att, 111 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Jared Abbrederis: 10 Rec, 161 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] WR Andre Debose: 6 Rec, 183 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] OLB Hayes Pullard: 10 Tackles, Sack​
    [​IMG]
    no cheesers = extra Top Performer​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    Not really a great series for South Carolina until recent years. They've squared off 59 total times with South Carolina only being victorious 16 times. Georgia has had a streaky dominance in this series including streaks of 9 from 1911-1940, 15 from 1967 to 1977 (includes 2 ties) but as of late, The Cock's have been spraying the Dawgs.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Neyland Stadium​
    Knoxville, TN​
    They played regularly from '92 - '02 but with the divisional switch up they've only met since 3 times since. However Tennessee owns the series 13-4 but much like the Georgia-South Carolina series, the losing side has been the more dominant team with victories in 2011 & 2012.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ben Hill Griffin Stadium​
    Gainesville, FL​
    They haven't met since 2008 where Tim Tebow & the Gators were upset 31-30 in Oxford. In the 23 matches Florida trails 12-10 with the Rebels. Kind've shocking if you ask me.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Bryant-Denny Stadium​
    Tuscaloosa, AL​
    Alabama dominates this series 46-24. These two teams hate each other with the deep history. Alabama had a 12 year win streak from '70-'82 and everybody remembers what happened in 2011 with the "Game Of The Decade" that put everyone to sleep and then the wax job Alabama returned on the Tigers in the BCS National Championship.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Camp Randall Stadium​
    Madison, WI​
    Only met 15 times and Wisconsin has won two straight and leads the all-time series 10-6.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Champaign, IL​
    Illinois leads the series 20-12 after a terrible streak that included 5 straight losses from '02-'07. Illinois got redemption in the last meeting in 2008. Can the Illini start a streak of their own.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ryan Field​
    Evanston, IL​
    53-15, what a dominance over Northwestern the Wolverines have had. From 1966 to 1992, Michigan didn't lose against Northwestern. A 19 year streak, holy crap. In 2011 & 2012 Michigan was victorious again and I don't see that changing.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Shoe​
    Columbus, OH​
    The last time Indiana beat Ohio State, It was my birthday and I was turning 1. October 8th, 1988 was the last time the Hoosiers tasted victory against the Buckeyes. Now they've tied the Buckeyes twice since then but that's about it. Talk about embarrassing. 68-9 for Ohio State in this series.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Autzen Stadium​
    Eugene, OR​
    This series is pretty close, 17-16 for the Ducks including the 2012 win by sonn . However the last victory for the Sun Devils was in 2004.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Husky Stadium​
    Seattle, WA​
    Washington holds the lead in this series 47-38 and besides the win by ZCar352 in 2012, Cal hasn't beaten Washington but once since 2007.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Stanford Stadium​
    Stanford, CA​
    56-27, I can't remember who won last year so that's the series record without our 2012 season. Stanford rode a 3 game streak with Andrew Luck at the helm. Just a streaky match up. When one team wins, they win for awhile but USC has been on the good end of 90% of those streaks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 28 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 20 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 31 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31 - 21 [​IMG]
    Too much fire power on offense for Stanford to stop​

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

(y) FUCK YOU dnf913 ........ ahah im jk, I swear I thuoght that dude was yours after he was soft to whoever then you caught up..... whew I was going to be PISSED haha

9. PAgamer07

Well shit. Last I remember hearing he said he was gonna lose a sim to Tennessee.

So.. why the hell did Sonn tag me then? I assumed it was to advance

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Eh oh well. I'll beat DNF then Bama in the CCG and still be set for the NC

:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

BLAME CANADA (aka Sonn)!

12. sonn

sonn Walk On

13. sonn

sonn Walk On

Defense went full retard against Arizona St.

14. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Just makes his loss to me seem worse :)

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

GOTW is up, pretty cool head to head history, especially Ohio State/Indiana

16. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Does after the FF draft work for you?

17. PAgamer07

Yep. Sounds good

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Badgers Shower The Lions
    [​IMG]
    Madison, WI -- Wisconsin was back home after two road scares but they opened up great against the Nittany Lions. The opening kickoff of the game was housed by James White 99 yards to give Wisconsin an early 7-0 lead. After a quick 3 and out from the Penn State offense, Wisconsin's offense got on the field for the first time. A mix of run and pass led Wisconsin down the field and very deep into PSU territory. The drive was capped off on a crossing route where Danny O'Brien connected with TE Jacob Pedersen to take the 12-0 lead (messed up the first XP, then missed the 2 pt-conversion on the 2nd TD). The Wisconsin defense continued to dominate Penn State for much of the first half. Wisconsin ended the first quarter with the ball and carried the momentum into the 2nd. The Badgers opened up the 2nd quarter a little past midfield and James White suffered back spasms and missed the rest of the game so it was back up Melvin Gordon. Gordon helped convert several 3rd downs before O'Brien threw his 2nd touchdown of the day to WR Jared Abbrederis from 15 yards out to take the lead 19-0.​
    Penn State went on a scoring drive of their own converting several 3rd downs to move close to midfield. QB Paul Jones threw one up on 2nd & 10 and big receiver Allen Robinson was able to out jump the corner and stay in bounds to run in the for 50 yard score to trail 19-7. The Wisconsin offense wasn't done for the half either. They moved to midfield and a short pass to Jared Abbrederis gave the Badgers a fresh set of downs. Wisconsin ran "FL Drive" and it left Abbrederis open down field with no safety help and O'Brien layed it out there for the receiver to haul in the 39 yard score as they led 26-7. Penn State had another short series & the Badger offense was moving with ease yet again. Melvin Gordon got the Badgers down the field and inside the PSU 10 yard line so the coaches let Melvin Gordon cap the drive off on a 2 yard rush to lead 33-7 at the half.​
    Penn State opened the 2nd half with a drive that consumed almost half the quarter but an 8 yard pass from Paul Jones to WR Eugene Lewis sealed the drive for Penn State as they trailed 33-14. Wisconsin kept things on the ground and tried to eat up a good portion of the clock with the big lead and as the Badgers eventually moved into PSU territory but O'Brien was intercepted on 3rd down, giving Penn State a chance to bring things closer. Jones connected with Robinson down the left sideline for a gain of 53 to move Penn State inside the Badger 15 yard line. A few plays later Alex Kenney caught a post route on 4th down from Paul Jones and with a good 2-pt conversion, Penn State was only down 32-22. Wisconsin buckled down and went on a 8 play, 72 yard drive that chewed up almost 3 minutes of the quarter. The deal would be sealed however on the first play for Penn State's next drive when MLB Chris Borland was all over a Paul Jones pass and Borland house'd the interception 26 yards to give Wisconsin the 46-22 victory.​
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Paul Jones: 17/37, 245 Yards, 3 TD, 2 INT​
    HB Bill Belton: 14 Att, 47 Yards​
    WR Allen Robinson: 3 Rec, 116 Yards, TD​
    CB Mike Wallace: 3 Tackles, INT​
    [​IMG]
    QB Danny O'Brien: 20/29, 234 Yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    HB Melvin Gordon: 19 Att, 124 Yards, 2 TD
    WR Jared Abbrederis: 10 Rec, 122 Yards, 2 TD
    MLB Matt Borland: 5 Tackles, INT (26 Yard TD)
    Highlight Video

Another highlight video clipped together, the sound is mixed music & announcer, probably just best to turn it off

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  19. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Were not fucking around even though we suck on the field :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Yea, I had to stop recruiting him as I went in another direction.

21. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I'd play tonight, but not everyone gets fucking labor day off.

Working in healthcare FTL.

22. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

play tonight! lol

23. JohnnyClutch

Yup thats a good reason to play tonight.

24. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Fuck. Should have waited until tomorrow to play.

SC gets their ass whipped by Georgia which essentially puts Arkansas into the CCG regardless of the outcome of our game. Unless they lose the CPU.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  25. JohnnyClutch

Held Woods and Lee to zero touchdowns. You all should bow before my greatness.

Also you all should make fun of my crappy ability to score against PA in every game, unless we both decide to drop 30 on each other in the fourth.