2013 (S2)- Week 14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Sep 6, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arkansas remains undefeated after the 2 OT thriller in Madison. The Razorback defense snagged a Danny O'Brien pass in OT and then booted through a field goal to remain undefeated and hold down that #1 spot. They'll travel to Death Valley #2 and face a struggling and shocking LSU team that is fighting for bowl eligibility. It's rivalry week for most of us and also for most of us, our rival's suck. Alabama will complete their Betty Crocker schedule with a 3-7 Auburn team. ZCar352 will face his favorite team in the whole wide world in the Free Shoes U Criminoles who are a whopping 4-6 on the season, buhbye Jimbo. Also Nachos will whip up on my boys for the second straight year and will host the Clemson Tigers who are 6-4, South Carolina is fresh off a chomping from the Gators and they're on a streak of losses that they would like to finish. As for Florida, it's rare when ZCar win's a user game but maybe he's about to change his reputation. He's already knocked off Florida State this season with less talented team when he was at Cal. I doubt he has any issues going up against the Noles unless EA amp's it up with it being a rival game.​
    Cal moved to 9-2 on the season and they'll face a 5-5 BYU team. This is a pretty bland week with our CPU games. Oregon put a waxing on on Arizona in a 36-0 victory, not a single point was given up by that defense, that's down right impressive. They're done with the regular season and await their opponent in the Pac-12 Title game. If the Duck's can snag a victory their, they have a outside shot at the BCS Title, Arkansas' head coach is about to miss some time so it's looking like Screwthebcs will get his 2nd straight conference championship & 2nd straight national title apprearance because his user opponent isn't able to attend... can I get the luck of this guy ? ....it's a slim chance but hey , crazier things have happened. USC needs to bounce back after the loss to Oregon. The Trojan faithful probably think they dont have anything to play for after losing the opportunity to play for their conference championship but every game matters, another win this week could definitely propel them up the rankings as they're facing #10 Notre Dame. Higher ranking equals a bigger bowl so they have plenty to play for. Stanford has had some wild stuff happen to them this season, they're coming off a very frustrating loss to Cal but they need to win and keep their prestige up, they'll face a suprising 7-3 UCLA team.​
    In the B1G, Wisconsin fell a little in the polls after the loss to #1 Arkansas and they lost the head-to-head tie breaker with Ohio State so the Buckeyes will represent that side of things in the Title game. Wisconsin has some revenge to dish against Purdue. The Boilermakers upset the Badgers last year in a 31-13 defeat. Absolutely embarrassed the Badgers. Purdue has a stout defense that leads the B1G in PPG. Illinois hasn't played at the time of me writing this so I have no idea what happened to them in Week 13, however they'll play host Northwestern in week 14. The Illini can win out and face Ohio State in the B1G Championship after the upset Iowa put on Michigan. That just continues the streaky-ness of the Wolverines. One week they're impressive, one week they're a disappointment. Coach Hartman definitely has a squad that will be dealt with in the future but he's paying the price for the youth this season.​
    ---------------------------------------- Week 14 Standings ---------------------------------------
    Coming Soon...​
    ---------------------------------------- Week 14 Rankings ----------------------------------------
    Coming Soon...​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Kessler: 208/331, 3700 Yards, 24 TD, 19 INT​
    HB DJ Morgan: 191 Att, 686 Yards, 10 TD​
    WR Robert Woods: 66 Rec, 1430 Yards, 11 TD​
    OLB Hayes Pullard: 39 Tackles, 20 TFL, Sack​
    [​IMG]
    QB Tommy Rees: 172/315, 2392 Yards, 19 TD, 8 INT​
    HB Amir Carlisle: 131 Att, 621 Yards, 8 TD​
    TE Tyler Eifert: 50 Rec, 679 Yards, 3 TD​
    OLB Danny Spond: 26 Tackles, 11 TFL, Sack, INT, 3 FF​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WR Jared Abbrederis: 6 Rec, 154 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Julian Horton: 8 Rec, 186 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] WR Keenan Allen: 8 Rec, 124 Yards​
    [​IMG] HB Mack Brown: 16 Att, 155 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] QB Brandon Allen: 26/42, 511 Yards, 5 TD, 3 INT​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Tiger Stadium​
    Baton Rouge, LA​
    34-20 LSU leads the all-time series but it's been quite some time before any team carried any streak in this series.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Jordan-Hare Stadium​
    Auburn, AL​
    40-29, Alabama owns the Auburn Tigers but suffered Tide fans suffered through the series from 02-07. Outside of Cam Newton, Alabama has gotten the best of Auburn in recent years.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ben Hill Griffin Stadium​
    Gainesville, FL​
    33-22, Gators lead the all-time series and similar to Auburn, outside of a stretch with Tim Tebow and the Urban Meyer era, Florida State had has the success as of late. In 2010 and 2011, Florida scored a single touchdown in both games.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    61-39, Clemson has dominated the in-state rival until recent years. Coach Dabo Swinney is 1-4 all-time against the Gamecocks (that includes Nachos win last year). The last time Clemson tasted victory over the chickens was in 2008, a win that ultimately solidified the job for coach Dabo​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Champaign, IL​
    Close series here, 54-46 with Illinois leaing the all-time series , the Illini currently ride a 3 game streak.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Camp Randall Stadium​
    Madison, WI​
    In 80 meetings, Wisconsin leads 49-30 , including last years 2012 raping by the Boilermakers. Outside of the 2012 win, Purdue had not beaten the Badgers since 2004​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Rose Bowl Stadium​
    Pasadena, CA​
    UCLA leads 45-34 but hasn't won since 2008, before the loss in 2009, the Bruins had won 6 straight. Can the Cardinal start a dominant streak of their own, it's currently at 4​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    California Memorial Stadium​
    Berkeley, CA​
    Only met 3 times in the history of the two schools and BYU leads 2-1 with BYU winning the last meeting in the 2005 Las Vegas Bowl​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Notre Dame Stadium​
    South Bend, IN​
    Deep history here, 83 meetings. Notre Dame leads 43-35 but since 2002, Notre Dame has only knocked off the Trojans once and that was in 2010.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 14 - 38 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 31 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 24 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 38 - 24 [​IMG]
    not advanced yet and the records are based off week 13​
    This isn't the best of GOTW's but I was getting close to leaving for work and hauled butt to get this posted​

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

Gave up 41 points to that same Arizona team in my first attempt to play that game.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advanced. Deadline... yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  4. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Well if you make advance for the conf champ week Sunday I would be able to play when I get back.

5. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

The Tide rolls over Auburn with a lopsided 42-9 win. This game was literally over at halftime. Bama put in the back ups and chewed the clock. The Back up D still held the Auburn starters scoreless through the rest of the game. No points were scored in the 2nd half.

AJ Mccarron - 300 yds - 4 TDs/1 INT
    Fowler - 100 yds - 1 TD

Now its onto face Arkansas in the CCG and winner goes to the NCG!

PAgamer07 dnf913 I can not play on sunday night. I have a huge test and clinical on monday morning. So, as big as this game is. and as much as i'd love getting an asterisk next to my name if i beat the CPU and then the CPU in the NCG...i'd rather have it simmed and the CPU decide who goes to the NCG. I shouldn't be able to have an unfair advantage of playing the CPU. And hell, if PA wants to wait til sunday to advance, i don't mind if dnf plays the CPU. He's already beaten...4? 5? users this year? so, unless Bama wins in a sim, I don't want to play the arky CPU. it would be too cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PAgamer07

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ok, you sure. i feel like the 3 things i've done isn't enough, lol.

8. PAgamer07

It's fine.. You scare me because of how late you got MVP up last year :)

9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i learned my lesson! but its ok.

10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'll have my game in pretty late tonight. If I'm the last one, PAgamer07 u can transfer me the commish and I'll advance it after I play tonight. Racing tonight and won't be home til 11-12. Was at the shop last night putting the car back together from when I tore it all to hell a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I won't be able to play until about the same time so we might be better off just transferring over to me.

Need to give Clemson their annual beat down.

12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

PAgamer07

everyone's done except Nick & Greg

14. PAgamer07

Whats the deal with Nick?

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

hes on vacation