2013 (S2)- Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Aug 21, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It seems like we took a month off but we finally got to week 4. Amazing how just a 24 hour delay can seem like it killed us but our teams finally got back on the field last week. A lot of teams have some big out of conference match ups last week including Michigan. The Wolverines are starting to suffer without Denard Robinson and they've yet to find an identity on offense. The defense has played solid all year though and kept Michigan some games. The Wolverines led #3 Notre Dame 17-16 heading into the 4th quarter but an early field goal from Notre Dame was all it took to hold off Michigan as Big Blue suffers there 2nd loss in as many weeks. Illinois fought a nail biter with top 25 Northwestern but came away victories 38-35. Stanford traveled to Columbus and fell to the Buckeyes 31-21. Big win for new coach briosu99 , the Cardinal players had talked all week about how they were going to upset the Buckeyes and they didn't live up to the jibber jabber. Arizona State hosted Wisconsin and got blew out 44-10, nothing to talk about there.​
    Elsewhere in the Pac-12 & Sec, Oregon whipped up #17 Miami to remain at the #1 spot. New Roll Tide coach Screwthebcs held on over a Vanderbilt squad that passed at will against the Bama defense but Alabama held on 42-35. I think the Tuscaloosa faithful are already calling for Saban to return. The high powered Razorback offense traveled to Georgia and defeated the Bulldogs in Athens 38-28, however Arkansas lost QB Brandon Mitchell for the season according to the reports from Fayetteville & coach dnf913. Coach ryalaman jumped out to an early lead at Williams-Brice Stadium and held a 17-7 lead going into the 4th but the Cock's "rose up" and scored twice in the 4th to beat Missouri 21-17.​
    It's been an interesting few weeks for coach Evans. The guy returns back to his alma mater after him and Texas A&M athletic director became unhappy with each other. The Buckeyes got a big win last week and they look to keep the magic flowing when they travel to Fayetteville this week to take on Arkansas. The Razorbacks will be with a new QB but they have several weapons surrounding QB Braondon Allen. Expect the Razorback offense to march on like nothing happened and continue slinging the ball all over the place. For the Buckeyes, it's QB Braxton Miller again, the kid is talented and Arkansas will need to do there best to stop him. Who will fall this week ?​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Braxton Miller: 72.4 Comp %, 705 Yards, 5 TD​
    HB Carlos Hyde: 171 Yards, 4 TD​
    TE Tyler Henderson: 20 Rec, 291 Yards, 4 TD​
    OLB Dave White: 17 Tackles, 5 TFL, 2 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    HB Knile Davis: 55 Att, 257 Yards, TD​
    WR Marquel Wade: 11 Rec, 200 Yards, 3 TD​
    OLB Jarrett Lake: 13 Tackles, 8 TFL, 7 Sacks​
    MLB Beau Hancock: 19 Tackles, 14 TFL​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WR Jared Abbrederis: 7 Rec, 145 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] MLB Beau Hancock: 10 Tackles​
    [​IMG] QB Bryan Bennett: 30/43, 363 Yards, 5 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Keenan Allen: 7 Rec, 116 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] DT Jared Kohout: 6 Tackles, 4 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] HB Donovonn Young: 34 Att, 281 Yards, 3 TD​
    NDCOLTS1979 , I love ya buddy so don't take this award the wrong way​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Champaign, IL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Coliseum​
    Los Angeles, CA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    California Memorial Stadium​
    Berkeley, CA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Champaign, IL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Coliseum​
    Los Angeles, CA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Kyle Field​
    College Station, TX​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Bryant-Denny Stadium​
    Tuscaloosa, AL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31 - 35 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 21 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31- 28 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 24 [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

PAgamer07

I know you're like heart broken that you lost to me but we're 2-2 if I recall sir...you beat me when i was at Kentucky & another time, and I beat you with Clemson last year & last night. We always have close games

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Not heartbroken at all... just shocked

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Meyer Lifts Badgers In City Of Angels
    [​IMG]
    Los Angeles, CA -- Big out of conference game for both teams. It was the first time Wisconsin & USC had faced off since 1966, Wisconsin had never beaten the Trojans in the 5 previous matchups but things changed in the Coliseum. The Trojans opened up the game with the ball but a pair of sacks all but ended the Trojans first possession. Wisconsin & USC went back and forth feeling each other out in the first quarter. The two teams would move the chains and then stall but at the end of the first Wisconsin had converted a 3rd & 14 and went into the second with a fresh set of downs after O'Brien hooked up with TE Jacob Pedersen. Starting the 2nd quarter knotted at 0, Wisconsin found their star receiver in Jared Abbrederis. The white receiver was matched up with a linebacker and behind the defense he got hauling in the 67 yard touchdown from QB Danny O'Brien to give the Badgers an early 7-0 lead. ​
    For USC, their next possession started off great with a 16 yard run from back DJ Morgan. On the next play, QB Cody Kessler hooked up with WR Robert Woods for another 16 yards to move USC into Wisconsin territory. 3 Straight DJ Morgan carries moved USC down to the Badger 30 and USC was headed for the scoreboard. With a fresh 1st down, Kessler took a shot down field and it was Woods once again with the touchdown reception from 29 yards out to tie things 7-7 midway through the 2nd quarter. Wisconsin nickel & dimed their way down the field on the Trojan defense. QB Danny O'Brien faced 3rd down after 3rd down before finding Abbrederis once again for a 20 yard gain down to the USC 24. On the next play, WR Jeff Duckworth caught a simple curl but turned it into a big gain down to the USC 1 yard line. First & 2nd down run's by James White were no gain and a crazy pass to FB Sherard Cadogan was snagged at the 1 yard line and into the endzone Cadogan went to give Wisconsin a 14-7 lead with 1:33 remaining in the opening half. For the Trojans, they went into attack mode and Kessler tore apart the Wisconsin secondary. A huge pass to George Farmar moved USC inside the Wisconsin 25 yard line with just under a minute remaining as it looked like the Trojans were going to tie things up but on a 2nd & 5, Kesslers pass to De'Von Flourney on a drag route was intercepted by freshman Jerry Wade. Wisconsin ran the clock down and took it to half with a 14-7 lead.​
    Starting the 3rd with the ball, Wisconsin moved to midfield but receiver Isaiah Williams dropped a deep ball down the sideline on 3rd down forcing the Badgers to punt. On first down DJ Morgan busted off a 33 yard run down to the Wisconsin 36. Robert Woods snagged a 15 yarder down to the 20 and then Kessler hooked up with Farmer to put USC on the 1 yard line, a few plays later Morgan bounced in for the touchdown to tie things at 14 midway through the 3rd. Wisconsin & O'Brien again moved the chains and approached midfield but stalled out after another failed 3rd down conversion. USC began to change the momentum but a Drew Meyer punt was downed inside the USC 10 yard line. USC moved past the 20 yard line but on 1st down, Cody Kesslers pass was intercepted by CB Jeniel who was tackled at the USC 45 yard line. On 2nd down, O'Brien hit Jeff Duckworth on a curl and Duckworth was shoved out at the USC 19 yard line. O'Brien hit receiver Isaiah Williams deep middle at the USC 2 yard line and Williams was tackled into the endzone to give Wisconsin the lead once again 21-14 as the 3rd quarter came to a close.​
    Starting the 4th quarter with the ball at the Wisconsin 39 yard line, Kessler went to work once again. A few pass plays later, USC found themselves inside the Wisconsin redzone. A toss play to DJ Morgan worked to perfection and Morgan ran in for the 13 yard touchdown to once again tie things up. After James White converted a short 2nd & 1 at the USC 25 yard line, White got the rock again and went the distance for the huge 65 yard run to give Wisconsin a 28-21 lead. Yet again it was USC's turn to answer with 5:28 remaining in the game. Kessler moved the Trojans down the field with ease once again using his numerous weapons and running back DJ Morgan. On 1st & 10 at their own 45, Kessler ran play action and threw it deep to receiver Marqise Lee, Wisconsin safety Dezmen Southerland snagged the interception and was out at the Badger 34 yard line with only 3:44 remaining. A 2nd down pass to TE Jacob Pedersen moved Wisconsin to the 45 as the time ticked away. The Trojans continued using their timeouts as they stopped RB James White on 1st & 2nd down, a 3rd & 12 pass was incomplete and USC was going to get there opportunity with 2:51 remaining and no timeouts. Meyer's punt went into the endzone and USC began their drive at their own 20 yard line.​
    On first down, an out route was good to Woods for 20 yards, a delayed handoff to DJ Morgan was good for another 10 as the Trojans were at midfield. Approaching the 2:00 minute mark the Trojans faced a 4th & 10 & Kessler came up huge dropping a deep post route right into the hands of receiver Marqise Lee to keep USC alive and move them inside the Wisconsin 15 yard line. A first down screen moved USC to the 8 yard line, on 2nd down Kessler hit Lee again over the middle and into the endzone Lee went to knot it up at 28 with 1:26 remaining. It was Wisconsin's turn now. On first down, O'Brien connected with receiver Isaiah Williams for 8 yards, on 2nd down, O'Brien chucked one deep to a wide open Jeff Duckworth, Duckworth snagged the pass at the USC 30 yard line and was eventually shoved out at the 15 yard line. With no timeouts , USC could do nothing but watch the clock tick down and Wisconsin called time with :03 remaining. The USC crowd also watched their hopes dash as kicker Drew Meyer booted through the 30 yard game winner as time expired to give Wisconsin a huge road win 31-28 over the Trojans. ​
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Danny O'Brien: 20/29, 311 Yards, 3 TD​
    RB James White: 24 Att, 93 Yards, TD​
    WR Jeff Duckworth: 5 Rec, 107 Yards​
    CB Jerry Wade: 5 Tackles, INT​
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Kessler: 21/32, 353 Yards, 2 TD, 3 INT​
    HB DJ Morgan: 17 Att, 107 Yards, 2 TD​
    WR Robert Woods: 9 Rec, 156 Yards, TD​
    OLB Hayes Pullard: 6 Tackles​
    Replay Link

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm shocked too.. In LA to boot. Shit, I thought I was on the hot seat up in Ann Arbor. I wonder what they're saying about Coach Rockwell out in LA?

6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

They knew what they were getting when they hired him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

TEClemson53 lol i don't blame you but with the inability to throw that game and running game was going big wasn't going to risk a loss late in the game. So to be cheese of the week with my HB is an honor considering i never have a player worth mentioning lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

It was a great game and all credit to Trey.. but if I had to pinpoint why we lost (after watching the entire game again):

• Could not generate any pressure. Even with the blitz
    • Could not get them off the field.
    • Could not stop the big play
    • Dropped INT
    • Threw 3 picks (bad reads/forced throws)
    His offensive line was a tough matchup for my underwhelming defensive line.

9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

fixed

• Like Like x 2
  10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Great GOTW and write up Trey.

That 24 hour hold up seemed forever. I went six days without playing a game in Redshirts. The rust was evident in the game against OSU but we were able to play like we should be playing in the fourth of that game.

11. PAgamer07

Same here. I was rusty!

12. AJ Hart MN

Honestly though, those happen every game. I stopped counting how many picks Blake Countess dropped during the ND game and he's a 90. It's just something we have to deal with. The CPU needs some advantages so I'm cool with it. It's tough to even use that as a excuse anymore as it happens so frequently.

13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I was talking to PA about it last night though, I think some of it has to do with a QB's accuracy. Just like receivers, when you see a receiver drop it and he may have a great catch rating, some of it could be a weak QB accuracy rating. So for a defense, a very accurate QB might get away with some bad throws more often then a low accuracy QB.

14. AJ Hart MN

Very possible.. I'll pay closer attention to these things to see if your right.

15. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Yep, I am pretty sure it has to do with QB accuracy as well, same thing in last years game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I probably won't be able to play until tomorrow.

17. PAgamer07

What. The. Fuck. Come on man.. You keep holding us back.

18. PAgamer07

Let me guess... Its all you can eat wings night

• Like Like x 1
  19. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

so like 4 hours in a week night, and 1 can't be spent on having fun for your OD?:eek:

20. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Shouldn't have taken until so late Monday night to play when we advanced to week 3 Sunday morning.

It's Tuesday night trvia, like it has been since the game came out and will until they stop doing it.

Winning money > not winning money

21. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Buffalo Wild Wings > The Redshirts

Man that was hard to write as Bdubs sucks.

*Edit (sarcastic joke)

22. PAgamer07

Whatever. A user game is different as it takes two.

Just keep us abreast of fajita night, house building night, dry wall night, and trivia night so we can plan ahead

23. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

BWW is on Wednesday's.

24. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

PAgamer07

I rejoined as Florida and I will get all my stuff done tonight

25. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

lol.