2013 (S2)- Week 5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Aug 22, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty interesting week we had last week, we're headed to USC this week as they take on in-state rival Cal. The Bears have a new coach this week as coach ZCar352 left for Florida. Growing up a Florida State fan this caught many Gator fans off guard, will the Gainesville faithful accept their new coach given his love for the Seminoles? Stepping in at Cal is former Missouri coach ryalaman , stranger events have happened but the past 2 weeks have certainly been crazy with coaches jumping ships this early in the season. ​
    Last week in the Coliseum, the Wisconsin Badgers came to town and came away with a 31-28 victory over the Trojans. USC fought from behind every time they had the ball and could never stop the Badgers when they needed to. Elsewhere in the conference, Illinois welcomed Stanford to Champaign and the Cardinal escaped 48-36. Stanford rebounded well after the disappointing loss to the Buckeyes the week before. Speaking of the Buckeyes, they were down in SEC country and Razorback nation wasn't polite to them. Arkansas melted the Buckeyes 38-10. ​
    South Carolina continues to impress the country with their hot start as they left Kyle Field last week with a 34-31 victory over the Aggies. The Gamecocks will face the #1 Oregon Ducks this week. Screwthebcs continued to familiarize himself with his new Alabama squad & he hosted his ncaa12 team Virginia Tech, Alabama held on 35-31 to stay undefeated. Coach Carder started things off great in Gainesville with a shut out over #15 Tennessee, Gators won 36-0. ​
    You would think USC has the advantage heading into this game. Cal will have a new coach who's still not 100% familiar with his team. USC has more talent & will be at home. However, Cal isn't a stranger to throwing up a bunch of points. It should be a solid game and I think it will be much closer then people expect. ​
    We're almost to the point of starting conference play. This is when things get interesting & the race begins. Who will get upset? Who will get cheesed & who will step on their dick ?.........​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Alan Bridgford: 74.2 Comp %, 962 Yards, 9 TD, 2 INT​
    HB Brendan Bigelow: 244 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Keenan Allen: 22 Rec, 380 Yards, 4 TD​
    OLB Chris McCain: 8 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks​
    DT Patrick Hodges: 6 Tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Kessler: 67 Comp %, 1,243 Yards, 10 TD, 5 INT​
    HB DJ Morgan: 196 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Robert Woods: 23 Rec, 493 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Marqise Lee: 13 Rec, 313 Yards, 3 TD​
    OLB Hayes Pullard: 11 Tackles, 7 TFL​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] QB Eric Schueltz: 20/37, 484 Yards, 5 TD, 2 INT​
    [​IMG] WR Maurice Harris: 7 Rec, 110 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] RB Anthony Wilkerson: 20 Att, 120 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] QB Danny O'Brien: 20/29, 311 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Ty Montgomery: 5 Rec, 226 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Spartan Stadium​
    East Lansing, MI​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Champaign, IL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Rynearson Stadium​
    Ypsilanti, MI​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    FCS West @ [​IMG]
    Bryant-Denny Stadium​
    Tuscaloosa, AL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ben Hill Griffin Stadium​
    Gainesville, FL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Folsom Field​
    Boulder, CO​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Coliseum​
    Los Angeles, CA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 31 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 38 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 28 - 21 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 28 [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

3. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya...see the skype chat to see y i'm restarting...i'll post it here.

[9:00:11 PM] Andrew Soteres: i was up 31-3 at halftime with all backups...
    [9:00:27 PM] Andrew Soteres: my backup QB got hurt for the game in the 1st quarter
    [9:00:34 PM] Andrew Soteres: mccarron comes back in...
    [9:00:41 PM] Andrew Soteres: i super sim to the 4th
    [9:00:47 PM] Andrew Soteres: and all the starters are back in
    [9:00:52 PM] Shane Hartman: who cares.. He'll understand.
    [9:00:55 PM] Andrew Soteres: b/c i don't want to waste my time
    [9:00:59 PM] Shane Hartman: You should never supersim though.
    [9:01:06 PM] Shane Hartman: He'll be more pissed about that.
    [9:01:11 PM] Sonjay Roy: you wanted the advance then supersim?
    [9:01:27 PM] Andrew Soteres: i wanted the advance like trey to recruit and play
    [9:01:32 PM] Andrew Soteres: it was 31-3 at half...
    [9:01:49 PM] Andrew Soteres: point is my starters were put into the game by the cpu so it looks like i stat whored
    [9:02:00 PM] Andrew Soteres: guess i'll just restart the game and play it again...
    [9:02:17 PM] Andrew Soteres: i'd rather do that then stat whore right?
    [9:02:39 PM] Andrew Soteres: (i forgot i was playing FCS)
    [9:02:53 PM] Andrew Soteres: (about the hurry advance thing)
    [9:03:04 PM] Andrew Soteres: so restart? or just let it ride?
    [9:03:24 PM] Andrew Soteres: i think restart is the best thing to do eh?
    [9:08:21 PM] Shane Hartman: restart Screw..

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Damn Michigan St took this WR I really needed.. At least I don't ever have to see the kid ever again :mad:

5. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

South Carolina with a 46-44 3 OT win.

Recap tomorrow

6. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Eric Schultz arm wins another for Stanford. Full recap later. :mad: no highlights. Can't even upload them off of hard drive.

7. sonn

sonn Walk On

EA sucks.

8. JohnnyClutch

Direct and to the point.

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Will be giving the game a go tonight if EA will take and allow me to. EA is like my ex wife so unreliable

• Like Like x 1
  10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

11. sonn

sonn Walk On

Fail.

12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Did you get any highlights? I can't see your stuff on the DW.

13. sonn

sonn Walk On

Nope it wouldn't let me. First it said I signed out and then it took 4 attempts just to get the result uploaded.

14. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Fuck. I should have gotten them on my phone.

15. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Awesome. I can't see stats for our game. I'll see how good I can do this recap.
    sonn wanna see if you can see the scoring summary from the console and send text me pics of it?

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

17. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

18. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Can We Call Him Mr. Clutch?

For the 3rd matchup in a row, Coach Nachos takes down Coach Sonn on the last offensive play of the game. When they were the coaches at Texas and Oklahoma it always came down to the last play. In the first matchup Nachos' Longhorns kicked a field goal as time expired. In the second the 'Horns scored 14 in the final 2 minutes including the game winning touchdown pass from QB to QB with 7 seconds left in the game. This matchup would prove to be better then both of those combined.

The Oregon Ducks came in undefeated and ranked #1, the Gamecocks also undefeated and ranked #9. So far Oregon has a big win over Michigan in which they completely dominated. SC's biggest win so far was a come from behind victory agaist the Missouri Tigers. Last week SC came from behind and beat A&M with a field goal as time expired. There has been a lot of shit talk between these two coaches since before the season. Nachos has a lot of history with Oregon as he had many battles with them as the coach of Oregon State against AJ Hart MN.

Oregon won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. SC got going fast right out of the gate. Coach Nachos told Sonn before the game what his first play was going to be, and with a stroke of EA luck he completed a deep bomb to Sanders for a huge 54 yard gain. The Gamecocks got down into the redzone, but a holding derailed that and they settled for a field goal and an early 3-0 lead. It's the Oregon offense that people tuned in to see. It took the DUcks only 1:31 to get downfield and Bennet hooked up with Sumler for a 28 yard passing touchdown for the 3-7 lead. The 'Cocks offense was up to the challange to counter right back. Shaw found Smith wide open about 25 yards downfield and Smith ran the rest of the way for a 54 yard passing touchdown and got the 10-7 lead right back with 2:56 left in the game. South Carolina forced a punt on the next possession, but a personel error caused all kinds of confusion and it proved to be brutal. Shaw was just trying to check down, but instead of finding his FB he found an Oregon linebacker who took the pick back for six and stole all of the momentum going into the 2nd quarter up 10-14.

Things slowed down a lot for Oregon in the 2nd quarter. SC played ball control not wanting anymore dumb mistakes. They got down to the redzone again and this time backup RB Wilds wnet 8 yards untouched to the endzone giving SC the 17-14 lead. Later in the quarter Wilds did it again this time untouched from 19 yards out giving South Carolina a 24-14 lead going into the half. At the half Lattimore had only 7 rushing attempts.

The 3rd was an epic 0-0 battle.

So going into the 4th quarter it was still SC up 24-14. Things started to go downhil for SC here. Oregon got a punt down inside the 10. Then on the next play Lattimore fumbled and a linemen recovered it at the 1 inch line barely avoiding the safety. This lead to a short punt and a very short field. Oregon converted that into a 2 yard run by Bryan Bennet making the score 24-21 with over 7 minutes left in the game. SC wasn't doing shit as the Oregon defense had stepped up big time in the 4th. The SC defense with their backs against the wall was stepping up too. Oregon got the ball down to the SC 4 yard line, but their goal line defense which had been amazing all game finally got the job done and forced a 23 yard field goal with 1:33 left in the game making the score tied at 24. SC had one time out left and plenty of time to try and get downfield. They chose to play it safe and run it up the middle. With the clock winding down under 20 seconds and 1 timeouts they still wanted to see if anything screwy might happen. Lattimore took a handoff and bust threw the line for a 30 yard gain down inside Oregon territory. Calling timeout with 6 seconds left the Gamecocks were setup for a 47 yard field goal. Knowing their kicker is pure shit they didn't want it to land 10 yards short and risk a return for a touchdown. They sent some guys deep and a couple on out routes to try and get a quick 5 yards, but was intercepted in the endzone. On to overtime!

SC won the toss and elected to go on defense. It didn't take long for Oregon, on the 2nd play Thomas scored from 17 yards out right up the middle. SC got the ball next and were not able to get anything going. Facing a 3rd and 11 from the 26 Shaw dropped back an had all day. Ellington had gone deep to the corner, but his insticts told him to just go across the endzone. Shaw let it rip and it looked like it would fly out of the endzone, but Ellington came out of nowhere for the tieing touchdown! Going into the 2nd OT it is now 31-31.

SC got the ball first on the 2nd OT. This was more epicness(EA fucking sonn actually). They went for a screen on the first play and it resulted in a 15 yard sack. It was now 2nd and 25 from the 40. Things were looking grim. Nothing came on 2nd down and they were setup with 3rd and 25. Byrd went deep and beat his man right off the line, it appeared he had the safety beat as it was, but it didn't help the Oregon defender "tripped" and took himself out of the play leaving Byrd wide open and nabbed a pass just before the back of the endzone. This put SC up 38-31. Oregon didn't have it so easy this time. The Ducks got down inside the 5 and again the SC defense was touch, but eventualy the FB took it up the middle for the tieing score.

To the 3rd OT and it is now early Thursday morning in South Carolina. Oregon had a repeat of their first OT possession, except this time it took one play for Bennett to go 25 yards untouched. They know had to go for 2, and were unsuccesfull as the RB(I think) got stuffed by the defense.

It was SCs turn now. The Gamecocks took what they could get and eventually got down to the 1 yard line. After Lattimore got stuffed once they went with the QB sneak for the tieing touchdown. Also having to go for 2 SC came out in a 3 wide ace. Not wanting ot risk an interception and knowing Lattimore was still pretty fresh they went for their old bread and butter handoff. Lattimore pushed through some tackles for the game winning 2 point conversion and the 46-44 3 overtime win!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Gators chomp Wildcats in the Swamp 48-10
    [​IMG]
    Sophomore OLB Antonio Morrison celebrates after his pick six
    Gainesville,FL- Coach Carder's first game with his new squad was quite the showing as the Gator shut out rival #25 Tennessee 36-0 and now welcome in another SEC opponent as the Kentucky Wildcats rolled into The Swamp.​
    Kentucky won the toss and elected to defer until the second half and so the Florida offense came out after the kick off and struggled to get anything going on the ground or through the air and were forced to punt on there opening drive. The Wildcats first drive was just the same as they could not get the ball moving either and punted right back to Florida. This time however the Florida offense got it in gear and began to march the ball all over the Wildcat defense but mainly through the air as the running attack was getting shut down. The Gators found the endzone to cap off the drive as Jacoby Brissett found Quinton Dunbar for a 27 yard touchdown to open up the scoring 7-0. After another great defensive series from Florida the Wildcats were forced to punt and after a solid return were set up with great field position to start there next drive. Florida's offense picked up right where they left off there last drive as they moved the ball at will and got down to the 1 yard line. First down Mack Brown stopped for a loss of 2, 2nd down Brown 1 yard gain, 3rd down Mack Brown scores but wait they go to the booth review turns out he was down at the inch mark so the Gators had to settle for a field goal from Kyle Christy to make it 10-0 heading into the 2nd quarter.​
    Florida opened up a can of whoop ass in the 2nd quarter outscoring Kentucky 35-0 and two of the touchdowns came from the Gator defense. The first touchdown was on a 22 yard pass to Andre Debose then 2 minutes later Brissett hooked up with Quinton Dunbar again this time for a 46 yard touchdown. After the kickoff Kentucky's first play of the drive would be picked off by Antonio Morrison and returned 20 yards for a touchdown. Kentucky's next drive last a couple plays longer but ended with the same result as Darrin Kitchens picked off the pass and took it 40 yards for the score. The last touchdown of the quarter from Florida came on an 8 yard touchdown run from Mack Brown to give Florida a 45-0 lead heading into the break.​
    After the half it was ground and pound for Florida as they were just trying to chew up the clock but on the flip side Kentucky was still fighting as they were able to ruin the shut out and score 10 points in the quarter. First Kentucky kicked a 32 yard field goal and then the Gator defense got greedy and went for the pick instead of just trying to hold Kentucky to a minimal gain and receiver Demarco Robinson took his only catch of the game 59 yards for the touchdown. With both starting sides pulled for Florida they didn't panic and just stuck to the ground game and ate up a ton of clock and kicked a 43 yard field goal in the 4th to put Florida up 48-10 which was the final score. Florida has a bye week next week to get them prepared to take there show on the road as they travel to LSU week 7.​
    [​IMG]
    QB: Jacoby Brissett 15-19 283 yards 3 TD​
    RB: Mack Brown 20 Att 72 yards 1 TD​
    WR: Quinton Dunbar 5 Rec 102 yards 2 TD​
    DEF: Antonio Morrison 4 Tackles 1 Sack 1 INT 1 TD​
    [​IMG]
    QB: Maxwell Smith 12-29 212 yards 1 TD 4 INT 9 Att 10 yards​
    RB: Raymond Sanders 9 Att 28 yards​
    WR: Demarco Robinson 1 Rec 59 yards 1 TD​
    DEF: Alvin Dupree 7 Tackles 1 Sack​

• Like Like x 1
  20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Nothing to see here. Bama wins 49-13 against FCS baddie. Backups played nearly all game. And again, no uploads.

21. AJ Hart MN

Getting on in a couple to play my game.. I'm jumping in on that USC/Cal party so I can hear Jesse's Trojans go down in flames once again after he's been talking the talk :p

22. AJ Hart MN

And look, I updated my Sig :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  23. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Finally!! Only been 2 years

24. JohnnyClutch

Holy shit!. Hell must of froze over.

:p:D

25. AJ Hart MN