2013 (S2)- Week 6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Aug 24, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We stay out west this week for another big game in the Pac-12. These two teams are looking to bounce back after losses last week. Cal found themselves down big to USC and made a reasonable come back but they could only do so much against that Trojan team as the Bears fell 27-11. Big win for USC, they needed that. They've suffered two tough losses early in the season and need to get things back on the right track and that they did. For Oregon, they went across the country into South Carolina and the Gameocks & Ducks went past midnight into a triple OT thriller. It all came down to who could convert the 2 pointer and who couldn't and the Duck's fought their wings off but the #1 team fell in Columbia 46-44. It must be something in the air down in Columbia, the Gamecock's have a resent history of knocking off #1's, knocked off #1 Alabama in 2010 and #1 Kentucky basketball the same year just to name a few.​
    Just like USC, Oregon needs to bounce back & for Cal, the poor Bears seem to be getting teams at the absolute wrong time. Elsewhere in the conference, Stanford blew out Colorado 44-24, wasn't Colorado good ? once ? ever ? In the B1G, Michigan had a week off to rebound from their lack luster performances early in the season and they came out slow once again, at one point the Wolverines were down to Eastern Michigan but it was an upset short lived. Michigan came roaring back and blew out the wanna-be rival 45-14. Illinois hosted #21 Nebraska and came away with a big upset 41-31, big big win for the Illini after the tough losses the last few weeks. briosu99 got back to his winning ways with the Buckeyes, the trip to East Lansing paid off as the Buckeyes were able to knock off #14 Michigan State 28-21.​
    Down in the dirty dirty south, Screwthebcs had to coach his ass off with FCS West, I think he gave the 70 man roster the week off and brought the practice squad as the Tide roll on 49-13. Coach Carder continues to shut down his opponents with his new found talent on defense. The SEC Speed in Gainesville was just too much for the Wildcats of Kentucky who got blown out 48-10, when is basketball season Kentucky fans? Poor Missouri, I think they're begging for coach ryalaman to come back. We all know things weren't the greatest during his time in Missouri but they at least were competitive. Arkansas absolutely destroyed the Tigers last week 59-3, wonder how long until they tuck their tail and crawl back to the Big 12. Arkansas has a HUGE out of conference game this week with undefeated Oklahoma, they'll travel to Norman where it's never easy to play.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Bryan Bennett: 1,183 Yards, 10 TD, 3 INT​
    HB De'Anthony Thomas: 299 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Josh Huff: 377 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG]
    QB Allan Bridgford: 1,343 Yards, 9 TD, 4 INT​
    HB Brendan Bigelow: 244 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Keenan Allen: 514 Yards, 4 TD​
    *** dynasty wire is fucked up and won't load individual team stats ***​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] HB Carlos Hyde: 21 Att, 134 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] HB Knile Davis: 21 Att, 187 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Robert Woods: 5 Rec, 139 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Jacoby Brissett: 15/19, 283 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Eric Schultz: 16/21, 304 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Brandon Allen: 12/12, 269 Yards, 4 TD​
    [​IMG]
    *** no cheese of the week again, just posted an extra top performer instead ***​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Shoe​
    Columbus, OH​
    Ohio State holds a 59-14 all-time record against Northwestern. The two squads haven't played since 2008 but they've lost 4 in a row to the Buckeyes who won by an average margin of 42.75 points.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Camp Randall Stadium​
    Madison, WI​
    These two teams have met a combined 48 times with Michigan State holding the record 29-19, the two team's have went back and forth for 8 straight years.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Bloomington, IN​
    This isn't even fair, Michigan holds a 52-9 record against Indiana who last beat the Wolverines in 1987
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Beaver Stadium​
    University Park, PA​
    These two teams have only faced off 19 times in their history and Illinois has only knocked off the Nittany Lions 4 times.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Vaught-Hemingway Stadium​
    Oxford, MS​
    Again, not a really fair history. In 55 meetings Alabama has only lost to the Rebels 7 times. They've met every year since 1992 and the last time Alabama lost to Ole Miss dates back to 2003.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Gaylor Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium​
    Norman, OK​
    These two out of conference foes have only squared off on the gridiron 12 times, Arkansas has came away with only 3 victories. The last time they met was in the 2002 Cotton Bowl but the last time Arkansas won dates back to 1978.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Folsom Field​
    Boulder, CO​
    USC & Colorado don't have a deep history. They've faced each other 6 times and Colorado has never once came away victorious. No pressure PAgamer07
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Stanford Stadium​
    Stanford, CA​
    Deep deep history here, 62 times they've played the game of football and as bad as Washington State has been since I can remember, Stanford only holds a 36-25 record against the Cougars (isn't that their nickname?). Stanford currently rides a 5 game winning streak.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    California Memorial Stadium​
    Berkeley, CA​
    Interesting to say the least, Oregon currently holds only a 3 game streak over Cal who before then held a 3 game streak of their own. Cal actually holds the all-time record over Oregon 37-32 and Cal came oh-so-close to upsetting Oregon's run to the BCS Championship game in 2010. The two games in 2011 & 2012 weren't close and Cal will search for redemption.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 42 - 31 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 31 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 38 - 10 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 42 - 17 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 27 [​IMG]
    I'm not high....maybe crazy or I have too much faith in ryalaman... prove me wrong sonn

• Like Like x 1
  2. sonn

sonn Walk On

It all comes down to how well Oregon defends the 70 screen passes Ryal will throw in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Only saw a few. If the white dude is starting at HB you do not have anything to worry about in the run game. Irregardless.. Keenan Allen will catch the ball. A lot. Hopefully he burns you repeatedly.

4. sonn

sonn Walk On

Psssh. Last game he had 5 catches for 26 yards against me. I'll triple cover the mofo.

5. PAgamer07

Also.. Love the historical matchup facts. Great stuff as always Mr. Eidson.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

It all comes down to who won't choke in the end :)

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

not rushing this time...just curious as to when you'll be able to advance today.

8. PAgamer07

Advanced

• Like Like x 1
  9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THE DW SHOWS STORIES NOW FOR EVERYONE! still no pics and stuff...but at least its on the front page now!

• Like Like x 3
  10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

About to do my part in making this a quick advance.

11. PAgamer07

We cant because Raj is out of town FFS

12. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

so he'll play sunday night?

13. PAgamer07

Idk.. text him

14. JohnnyClutch

Just going to do a recap of the fourth quarter as I am completely pissed off. We also have no beer in the house. Going to be a bad Friday night.

15 seconds into the fourth Stanford get their first lead of the game on a one yard run by Wilkerson. Barry Sanders runs in the two point conversion to give the Cardinal a 34-27 lead. In five plays Wazzu gets the ball to my 13 yard line. Next play is option where the HB stops and the QB pitches it directly behind him all defenders on QB and the HB Lewis is wide open to run it in for the 13 yard TD.

Stanford goes back on top with a 33 yard TD by Ellis. Wazzu faces a fourth and on from their 49 yard line. They get a 4 yard run. This drive also features the no huddle. The RT Alex Mitchell for one play becomes the HB. He goes up the middle 9 yards for a first down on second down. With 2:43 left in the game on a third and ten from the 21 yard line the pass is complete to Wilson on the curl route. Richards luckily hits Wilson hard enough from behind to knock the ball loose. Wazzu makes the 38 yard field goal. They opt to not go for the onside. Stanford goes three and out while trying to run clock down. On the punt Wazzu calls for fair catch. My CPU defender runs right into the punt returner and now the ball is at their 45 yard line. Draw play out of shotgun to Lewis. Lewis breaks tackle in the backfield and my FS dives 20 yards downfield to leave a wide open area for Lewis to run 55 yards for the TD. TD is on the dynasty wire. On the kick return Owens fumbles the ball and Wazzu recovers. Booth doesnt challenge knee down and I cant because I challenge a Wazzu TD in the third where the WR feet came down out of bounds. So they convert a third down because the CB play 10 yards off the WR. A kneel and game is over.

EA fucks with me even more by having all my highlights upload to the dynasty wire and the game recap loads fine. First time in three weeks I have no error or disconnect or problems with highlights uploading and it comes after an ending to a game like this. The anger for the company can't be described right now.

Anyhow it is cool that games upload correctly right now if the continue to upload correct. Cant find that out for myself soon because #blameraj is out of town till Sunday night.

Only thing I care about now this season is playing USC week 11 and CAL week 13. You two are going down! IT IS ON!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  15. JohnnyClutch

I feel better now.

So anybody doing anything cool this weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  16. sonn

sonn Walk On

Going to spend tomorrow mapping out my strategy for my live draft Sunday.

17. PAgamer07

Bring it don't sing it Josh :)

And yeah.. did anyone get ahold of Raj to see what's up with him?

18. sonn

sonn Walk On

He's not 100% sure when he's getting back but said we should be able to get it in Sunday night.

19. PAgamer07

20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

time to put him on AP!

21. JohnnyClutch

I should do something like that soon. Probably just wing in though in Zac's league. Take Newton first.

22. JohnnyClutch

23. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Sheesh, I need to start throwing deep passes across the middle.

24. PAgamer07

Might want to get a QB 1st. ;)

25. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

hey, I have QB's.. they're just not very good at throwing the ball :p