2013 (S2) Week 8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Aug 28, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We head to Columbus!... We're halfway through the season and we didn't have as many movers & shakers as expected Wisconsin wasn't too nice to Michigan (nor was EA Sports) as the Badgers jumped out to a double digit lead early and beat the #11 Wolverines 38-13. Elsewhere in the B1G we saw Ohio State fell to the Illini 24-10. In the SEC, Arkansas had a bye in preparation for their game against against Auburn. The Tigers come in after a rough start to the season and probably need to pray they get Cam Newton or Gus Malzahn or someone on their side before they even think about beating the Razorbacks. South Carolina continued​
    their hot start and move to 6-0 on the season, after fighting for bowl eligibility last season they are now eligible early in the season but we know they have bigger things visioned. The Gamecocks struggled with lowly Kentucky for 3 quarters and only held a 21-16 lead going into the 4th but Lattimore put the team on his back and lead South Carolina to the 35-22 victory. South Carolina will take a much needed week off and then take basically another week off when they face Vanderbilt. However Vanderbilt does have a history of upsetting the Gamecocks. Coach SuperBowlNachos will​
    need to bring a focused team in two weeks.​
    Coach ZCar352 absolutely demolished the previously #10 LSU Tigers. It's never easy to travel into Baton Rouge and "Death Valley" but they did and a big 28 point second quarter quited the Tiger crowd. The Gators will join the Gamecocks on the couch this week while Florida has a big big big game against Arkansas next week. The Gators will need the extra time to prepare for the Arkansas powerhouse. Who else is in the SEC? Oh Yeah Alabama...they played another cuppy cake. The Bama fans started chanting "SEC" at a poor Big East team as Alabama won 49-17 against the Bulls of South Florida.​
    Out west Oregon never really put away Washington State but it looks way worse then it actually was. Washington State kind've hung around for 3 quarters but the legs of De'Anthony Thomas led the Ducks to victory. The back toted the rock over 30 times and went for 200+ and a few scores. Oregon needed the victory after a tough few weeks. They'll travel on the road this week to play another Washington team. The Huskies will do their best to shut down the mighty ducks. The Bears from Berkeley took a week off after the big win over Oregon, they'll face Colorado at Folsom Field. Colorado came close to beating the USC Trojans last week, they hosted USC but fell 35-28. This should be an eye opener for the Bears and coach ryalaman . Bring your A game California.​
    After the huge upset they suffered against Washington State, Stanford needed...absolutely needed a victory. They welcomed in the Beavers from Oregon State. The Beavers fought the Cardinal close until the second half. For the Cardinal fans they had their second scare and certainly hoped it wasn't happening again. Stanford led by QB Eric Schultz who threw 6 touchdowns jumped out to a big 28-10 lead going to the 4th and they added 21 more points in the quarter to get the much needed win 49-24. They'll get the week off in preparation for a SEC matchup with Texas A&M. PAgamer07 has been waiting on this one, I think he ran out of red ink circling this one on the calendar. A year ago the Trojans were undefeated and poised for the top, but Utah and running back John White IVXIVVX went buck nasty on the Trojan defense and Utah was victorious in Salt Lake. I doubt any of us here wouldn't be shocked at another Ute victory but I also wouldn't be shocked of the Trojans hung 100 on the board. USC fought a close one last week with Colorado and will need to play much better this week to beat a ranked Utah team. The Trojans will be at home and have the crowd behind them.​
    As far as our GOTW, Ohio State whipped up on Wisconsin last year in Madison. The Buckeyes won a whopping 31-0 so just scoring this year would be an accomplishment for the Badgers. Coach Eidson & Coach Evans have always had close games and this one has all the ingredients for another solid ball game. Grab your popcorn, sit your ass on the couch & tune in for this week's matchups!​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Danny O'Brien: 82/119, 1,625 Yards, 19 TD, 2 INT​
    RB James White: 102 Att, 538 Yards, 7 TD​
    WR Jared Abbrederis: 23 Rec, 629 Yards, 9 TD​
    DT Jordan Kohout: 14 Tackles, 12 TFL, 8.5 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    QB Braxton Miller: 103/170, 1,351 Yards, 13 TD, 3 INT​
    HB Carlos Hyde: 113 Att, 540 Yards, 6 TD​
    TE Tyler Henderson: 28 Rec, 380 Yards, 7 TD​
    MLB Curtis Grant: 42 Tackles, 12 TFL, 3 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] QB Eric Schultz: 18/23, 304 Yards, 6 TD, INT​
    [​IMG]QB Jacoby Brissett: 18/28, 417 Yards, 4 TD​
    [​IMG] HB Marcus Lattimore: 25 Att, 172 Yards, 4 TD​
    [​IMG] HB Jalston Fowler: 25 Att, 162 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] SS Jordan Richards: 10 Tackles​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] HB De'Anthony Thomas: 33 Att, 228 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Folsom Field​
    Boulder, CO​
    These two squads have only met 6 times and Cal holds a 4-2 record including a current 3 game winning streak​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Husky Stadium​
    Seattle, WA​
    Deep history of 92 match ups and Washington holds a 51-37 record against the Ducks. However Washington's last win in this series came in 2003.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Coliseum​
    Los Angeles, CA​
    This is one PAgamer07 has been waiting for. Utah upset the Trojans last year. The two teams haven't met a lot until Utah joined the Pac-12. USC holds a 7-4 record.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Columbia, MO​
    Alabama is 1-2 against Missouri all-time, but they last met in 1978. Unless a miracle happens, I'd say Alabama will finally get a W.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    They first met in 1984 and Auburn won 21-15, they've met yearly since 1992 and Auburn leads the series 11-9.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Michigan Stadium​
    Ann Arbor, MI​
    Penn State & Michigan didn't start playing yearly until 1993, they've met a total of 16 times and Michigan holds a 10-6 record against the Nittany Lions. Michigan is on a 4 game winning streak.​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Shoe​
    Columbus, OH​
    Deep history here, started in 1913. In 1960, Ohio State started a streak that didn't end until 1980... a 21 game streak for the Buckeyes! Ohio State holds a 55-18 record against the Badgers.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 41 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 49 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 28 - 14 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 24 [​IMG]
    Home field advantage will be too much for the Badgers to overcome & Ohio State will pull the upset​

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #16 USC Trojans (3-2) ===============

Last week the Trojans were idle.

This week, the Trojans will host #15 Utah (3-2).

In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

- (*****) HB Shane Lester has committed to USC

- (****) SS Tim Barron has committed to USC

=============== Stanford Cardinal (4-2) ===============

Last week, Stanford won 49-24 against Oregon State (1-4).

This week, the Cardinal are idle.

In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) FS Jared Bates has committed to Northwestern

- (*) FB Blake White has committed to Stanford

=============== #20 Michigan Wolverines (3-3) ===============

Last week, Michigan lost 38-13 against Wisconsin (5-0).

This week, the Wolverines will host Penn State (3-2).

In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) ROLB Stephen Harvey has committed to Michigan

- (*****) QB Adam Hollis has committed to Nebraska

- (****) LE Cory Allen has committed to Georgia

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (5-0) ===============

Last week, Wisconsin won 38-13 against Michigan (3-3).

This week, the Badgers travel to Columbus to face the #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-2).

=============== #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-2) ===============

Last week, Ohio State lost 24-10 against Illinois (5-2).

This week, the Buckeyes will host #4 Wisconsin (5-0).

In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:

- (*****) QB Adam Hollis has committed to Nebraska

- (***) RT Eric Howard has committed to Alabama

=============== #1 Arkansas Razorbacks (6-0) ===============

Last week the Razorbacks were idle.

This week, the Razorbacks will host Auburn (2-3).

=============== #14 Illinois Fighting Illini (5-2) ===============

Last week, Illinois won 24-10 against Ohio State (5-2).

This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.

In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) FS Corey Jones has committed to Iowa

=============== #3 South Carolina Gamecocks (6-0) ===============

Last week, South Carolina won 37-20 against Kentucky (1-5).

This week, the Gamecocks are idle.

In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #10 Oregon Ducks (4-2) ===============

Last week, Oregon won 55-26 against Washington State (2-4).

This week, the Ducks travel to Seattle to face the #22 Washington Huskies (4-1).

In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) FS Jared Bates has committed to Northwestern

- (****) RT Nate Hill has committed to Oregon

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (6-0) ===============

Last week, Alabama won 49-17 against USF (1-4).

This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (1-4).

In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) QB Michael Green has committed to Alabama

- (****) ROLB Joe Simmons has committed to Alabama

- (***) RT Eric Howard has committed to Alabama

=============== #24 Florida Gators (4-1) ===============

Last week, Florida won 44-21 against LSU (2-2).

This week, the Gators are idle.

=============== #13 Cal Golden Bears (4-1) ===============

Last week the Golden Bears were idle.

This week, the Golden Bears travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-4).

In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) RG Alex Jackson has committed to Cal

- (****) RT Nate Hill has committed to Oregon

3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Fucking byes

4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I hear you.

5. JohnnyClutch

Once again Trey kills it with the GOTW feature. But he did disappoint me when he posted the weekly update, two weeks of having recruits visit and all I got was a 63 OVR fullback and after a visit to Stanford Shane Lester knew it was time for him to sign with USC.

6. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

So, I was relieved when I read Trey's recap saying I beat Illinois 24-10, only to find out that I actually LOST to 24-10 according to the wire and the email...BS

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

The Tide rolls on...handles an upset-minded Mizzou 35-26.

Had ryalaman been at the helm, this no doubt could've been a win. The balanced attack of mizzou kept he Bama D at bay while Jalston Fowler did his thing on the ground again. He went for 160 yds and a TD. AJ Mccarron finally threw for less than 300 yds this week...in fact less than 200! Mizzou played ball-control all game and the Tide turned it over 2x.

Bama gets 1 more game before their bye and the gauntlet of SEC teams hits them.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Huh? Im confused.. i never saw an email either

9. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I meant Trey's weekly update post above, I guess it came from the wire.

10. PAgamer07

Did you play the game?

11. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

they tried for about an hour and a half to stay connected and from what I gathered, it either wouldn't stay connected or they couldn't connect AT ALL , but they tried everything. They deleted their tuner's etc etc....so it was simmed

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

whoops, I guess I read it wrong :(

13. PAgamer07

Well that effing sucks. Sorry Brian!

14. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

so im thinking we should be able to advance tonight after the Wisconsin/Ohio State game

15. PAgamer07

I doubt it.. im sure someone won't be able to play.. i hope we can but i dunno. Ill be playing right at 8.

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

17. ZCar352

Your probably right but hopefully we are proven wrong

18. sonn

sonn Walk On

I won't be home until around 10 tonight. I have to go to an accounting test right after work and I'll probably just crash when I get home.

I'll get my game in tomorrow morning.

19. ZCar352

SMH lol actually since you can play tomorrow morning its fine. PA can make you commish so you can advance us after you get done unless PA doesnt have to work tomorrow then he can just advance us

20. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Recruiting is done for the week did it from the web. Idk what the deal was last night at all. It was rpathetic as we tried everything. When i first signed in i got a dynasty unavailable then i got all the way in and never had a problem again no disconnect from ea nothing. When we couldnt connect and he left i got right into game. When we did connect game was completely a lag fest. I would try to pass but get sacked and go into a no huddle. Idk how i even came close to winning the sim cause we dont have the talent to stay with ohio st. After the game with clutch i upgraded to a whole better internet package but idk y cause obviously it wasnt the internet. I can play in play now games no problems at all.

21. JohnnyClutch

Ugh no 24 hour advance because of T accounts and managing cash surplus versus debt and credit.

:p

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

That is like accounting 101.

23. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

gw briosu99

we usually have defensive struggles and this one was just a lack of defense in general haha, you've got a 3 headed monster that I just couldn't stop. I have a pretty stacked linebacker group but they looked lost trying to cover that TE. My CB's looked lost covering whoever #10 is. I'll be glad when Braxton graduates because his throws are on point (y) Good win, good game

24. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Good game Trey. The game was really close most of the game until late when I managed to finally get a two score lead. I can't get on the dynasty wire right now of course so I guess I'll do the recap tomorrow.

25. sonn

sonn Walk On

PAgamer07 due to peer pressure I played my game.