2013 (S3) Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by aarondramp, Oct 10, 2011.

1. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

CPU Games due Tuesday, October 11, 10pm PST
    USER Games due Wednesday, October 12, 10pm PST

Only 1 user game: dakota7 vs. whygodwhy1111 with the winner most likely going to the CUSA Championship game.

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (2-5) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 58-27 against Louisiana Tech (1-5).
    This week, the Spartans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) SS Brian Montgomery has committed to San Jose State

=============== Tulane Green Wave (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Tulane won 31-27 against Memphis (3-4).
    This week, the Green Wave travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Tulane targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Dedrick Harris has committed to Tulane

=============== Rice Owls (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Rice won 35-14 against UTEP (5-2).
    This week, the Owls will host Tulane (7-0).

=============== Memphis Tigers (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 31-27 against Tulane (7-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host ECU (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Memphis targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Mike Davis has committed to Memphis
    - (***) TE Ty Jean has committed to Memphis

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 55-0 against Western Kentucky (0-5).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Ft. Lauderdale to face the Florida Atlantic Owls (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Matt Brown has committed to Mid Tenn State
    - (***) DT Bobby Jackson has committed to Mid Tenn State
    - (***) TE Ty Jean has committed to Memphis

=============== #10 Western Michigan Broncos (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 34-6 against Miami University (5-3).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Athens to face the Ohio Bobcats (3-5).

=============== UAB Blazers (4-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 48-17 against Southern Miss (0-6).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Huntington to face the Marshall Thundering Herd (1-6).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Tyler Collins has committed to UAB

=============== UCLA Bruins (5-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 35-23 against Utah (5-3).
    This week, the Bruins will host Cal (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Dennis Beach has committed to UCLA
    - (****) WR Brett White has committed to Michigan State

=============== Washington State Cougars (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 48-21 against Stanford (8-0).
    This week, the Cougars will host #17 Oregon (5-2).

=============== #11 USF Bulls (7-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 20-15 against Cincinnati (4-2).
    This week, the Bulls travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pittsburgh Panthers (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Ray Jamison has committed to USF
    - (***) WR Chris Anthony has committed to USF
    - (***) C Chris Powers has committed to USF
    - (***) DT Andy Hairston has committed to USF
    - (***) RE Reginald Ellison has committed to USF

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 35-28 against Ball State (5-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Miami University (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Chris Guerrero has committed to Temple
    - (***) TE Zach Williams has committed to Syracuse
    - (***) FS Eric Culver has committed to Kent State

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (4-2) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 35-32 against Boise State (3-3).
    This week, the Aztecs will host Wyoming (2-3).

2. aarondramp

Crap...I made this week 9. Is there a way to change it to week 10?

recchem2000

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

no, you have to live with your mistake forever :p

naw man, I'm sure recchem will get it fixed for ya. Or maybe he wont. Who knows?

4. Cheez

In other news, I beat my Sun Belt "Scrub of the Week" last week. I dont really remember what happened because it was pretty late - but it was pretty dominant. I think it was against Western Kentucky.

Will play this week's "Scrub of the Week" tonight.

5. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

My money is on no, recc is old and lazy.

6. aarondramp

I think this game hates me. This is twice the game has completely locked up with less than a minute left. And it wiped out a huge game with 5 TD's from my HB as well as a solid passing game from my QB. I'll replay it tomorrow.

[​IMG]

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I am old and lazy but I did fix it :)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im guessing its your custom playbook causing the game to lockup like that.

9. aarondramp

That's not what I wanted to hear.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know but thats the only thing I can think of at this point. Just by your screen shot where it only shots the one play, the others are not there, tells me something is screwy with the playbook for some reason. Im just guessing, I really have no idea with this game anymore.

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Whats your base pb?

12. aarondramp

I believe it's Air Force.

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

It might be cause it has goalline-heavy in it. Im not sure, custom pb's have been tricky. You have to try and find one that doesnt have many special formations in it.

14. aarondramp

Good to know. I will probably change it up after this season when I see where I end up.

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

Played my game last night and won 35-0 but got a fucking "tf". I may replay it tonight if not ill take a sim. Dont wait on me sir!

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:doodie:

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Rice 45
    Tulane 31

nearly 800 passing yards in CUSA shootout

The Owl offense was clicking early as Rice closed out the 3rd quarter with a 31 to 10 lead, but that was not to last. Tulane came roaring back with 21 straight unanswered points. The much shorter rice secondary had no answer for the jump ball and continued to give up big plays. Then up only 7 points Rice QB McHargue threw his first pick of the game, which gave Tulane the tying TD. On the next possession a rattled Mchargue hit wr Donte Moore on a 69 yard screen pass to setup the go ahead TD. The rice defense finally got a forth quarter stop to get the ball back. There was a 6 seconds remaining on 4th down so rice was forced to punt on the last play of the game. Tulane failed to get the block and the return man was swarmed as he caught the ball resulting in a meaningless rice TD on the last play of the game.

players of the game

Rice:
    Antonio James 18 carries 107 yards 3 TD

Tulane:
    Mark Ervin: 8 catches 197 yards TD

18. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

San Diego State wins a frustrating game against Wyoming under the lights at Qualcomm stadium 63 - 38. The game saw a combined 16 sacks as neither team's offensive line showed up to play.

San Diego State started off strong stuffing the Wyoming offense then scoring quickly to go up 7 - 0 on a Muema rush. That's right. Star HB Hillman, suppose to be out for 3 weeks, is now in his 7th week of injury with no signs he will get any better then the questionable he has been for 4 weeks now. The Aztec lead ended up short lived as Wyoming took the ensuing kickoff 98 yards to tie the game. Back came San Diego State to retake the lead on a Bernards to Denso TD pass, one of two Denso TD receptions in the game. Wyoming wouldn't let that stand and scored on a quick strike 62 yard TD pass. Coach Osiris Monster was furious with his defense after one of this corner backs decided to forgo his man coverage assignment on the WR and blitz the QB instead allowing the wide open WR a clear path to the endzone. That's when the first quarter came to a close. The second quarter saw the Aztecs pull away outscoring Wyoming 21-3 to take a 35-17 halftime lead. In the quarter Bernards connected on three more TD passes to three different receivers while the San Diego defense held Wyoming to a sole FG. The second half became mop up duty for the Aztecs. After Bernards threw an INT, which was run back for a TD, San Diego State struck gold on special teams as Hardwick returned a kick 102 yards for a TD. The fourth quarter did see two Wyoming TD drives but they were against the second string San Diego State defense and really had no impact on the game.

San Diego State put up 544 yards of total offense on 362 yards passing and 182 yards rushing while holding Wyoming to 321 yards of offense and only 50 yards rushing. The key to the game was the 78% 3rd down efficiency for the Aztecs compared to the 33% of Wyoming. The Aztec defense was all over Wyoming sacking the Wyoming QB 10 times, intercepting him twice, and forcing five fumbles (none of which the Aztecs recovered.)

Still all was not great for the Aztecs as they allowed 6 sacks in the game, including 3 by senior RG Japheth. Coach Osiris Monster indicated that they need to block better at the line, sure up defense coverage assignments, and cover better on special teams. Still, he was pleased with the success of his revitalized no huddle offense and execution of his offense.

When asked about the continued absence of HB sensation Hillman he had this to say. "Ronnie has seen limited practice with the team this past week but we didn't feel like risking further injury to his Achilles playing him against a team like Wyoming. He's still questionable for our upcoming game against New Mexico and I don't expect him to play. We hope he will be back to take the field against Colorado State in a few weeks but even if he isn't ready to play we will make due. Muema continued to impress in relief of Hillman rushing for another 2 TDs and over 100 yards in our big win. We will be better with Ronnie on the team but will do just fine with Muema in the backfield."

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This sounds like every game of NCAA12 I play :D

20. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Some of the sacks I took were very frustrating. Bernards would be almost all the way through his passing motion no a ball he is looking to pass 40-50 yards from where he is on the field and somehow he would get sacked. I don't think it would be humanly possibly for him to even hold on to the ball at that point. Oh well, such is NCAA 12.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I feel your pain...every time I play. I got sacked 12 times with UCLA in another OD...frustrating as all hell!

22. Cheez

combined sixteen sacks. not sixteen sacks while he was on offense ;)

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FU Commish :)