2013 (S3)- Week 5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by maverickfp, Sep 20, 2012.

1. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

since no one else did it...3 of us are already done.

*edit* Since screw is clueless... Deadline is Friday 10 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  2. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Bama rolls over FAU a lot to a little. The backups and chew clock was on at the half. A bunch of backups got PT and a backup MLB caught a TD pass in the 3rd. Who knew i had a Vrabel on my team?

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

If you are going to attempt to start a thread, make sure you have the thread title named correctly. Weve been doing this for years, it's not that hard.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Damn PA, it does seem like you really hate Screw. Guy can't do anything right.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

I don't hate anyone. It's just annoying.

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

anymore? :( i guess that's good.

7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a very exciting week for us, we'll take our little show on the road to South Bend and I don't think​
    coach AJ Hart MN is very excited for this road trip. He views it as a big opportunity for his team to prove themselves but he also knows it's going to be a huge uphill climb for his boys. Michigan's defense shut down conference opponent Indiana. Yes it was Indiana but in this day & time it's pretty tough to completely shut a team out for 4 quarters. Solid win for the Wolverines. Elsewhere in the conference centered around everyone's jokes, Wisconsin fought Bowling Green for 3.9999 quarters until the Falcons simply fell apart in the closing minute to fall 38-17.​
    After two weeks off Northwestern will host Northern Illinois this week... I began to think we were down to 11 guys again since Schreck hadn't played in awhile. Ohio State took their week off in preparation for Kent State and they dropped kicked the Golden Eagles 56-28. Not sure whether I'm impressed at the 56 points or disappointed that Buckeye defense gave up 28. In the left coast conference, Oregon beat up on a high school team 56-0 and they'll get another high school team that is Wyoming.​
    USC & Stanford battled off an early season conference game and the Trojans jumped out to a big lead over the Cardinal, Stanford made a late run to scare the Trojan fans but as the time ticked away, USC scored once more to put things to bed 33-21. Cal whipped up on FCS West a few weeks ago and then whipped up on little ole San Jose State 52-23. After the opening loss to Northwestern, Cal will continue to climb back up the rankings this season in my opinion.​
    In the Jesse Palmer fap conference, the esss eeee seee speed of Alabama & Arkansas, the "Game Of The Century", Arkansas found themselves in an early 14-0 hole but they fought back and the two powerhouses were knotted up several times. Alabama's back Blake Sims ran in an 11 yard touchdown with a little over a minute remaining to give the Tide the victory 35-28. The Gamecocks got a huge win over previously #21 LSU. Some question marks with the ref's in this one though, LSU & SCar were in a shootout when they decided they wanted to start over.​
    Poor old Florida, they snagged some big victories to end the season, didn't lose a lot of talent and had a little hype building, but former Clemson commit Marlin Lane (who had his scholarship revoked) went ape shit on the Gator defense. The numbers don't blow up but Lane toted the rock 29 times for 140 yards and 2 scores but after the post-game interview with Coach Carder, he was extremely disappointed in his teams ability to wrap up and tackle Lane. Also for Florida, we're unsure of the status with QB Jacoby Brissett. The NCAA was in Gainesville this week investigating the quarterback's recruitment. He had a career game tossing up over 600 yards and 7 touchdowns in the superman effort to get the victory in Knoxville but he came up a little short in the 58-56 loss.​
    Arkansas will host Missouri this week, they'll need to start the road to recovery. It's an early season loss and with the tough SEC schedule, you can't count these guys out. They may be a little behind in the conference race but with the way the BCS works, Arkansas could easily climb back into the National Championship talks, but they'll need to take care of themselves and hope others falter. Another SEC team that needs to bounce back is Florida, they broke the scoreboard last week in the shootout against Tennessee and they've got a great history of dominating Kentucky. With or without some of their starters, I have faith in the Gators returning back to winning ways.​
    Can Michigan's defense stop Notre Dame ? , the Irish's offense has lit up the scoreboard the past few years against our user teams and they have a thread with running back Amir Carlisle, the kid can take a hand off and go big or come out of the back field and catch the ball. Carlisle leads the team in receptions along with rushing yards. QB Andrew Hendrix isn't afraid to throw it around but he's not incredibly accurate so the Michigan corners will need to take advantage of his mistakes. The key to beating Notre Dame for the Wolverines will be scoring. The Wolverines still have several question marks on offense, who will be the QB? Which QB will take the most snaps, same with the RB, they have a lot of depth at RB, which one can be effective against Notre Dame ?​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Jeremy Little: 24/29, 301 Yards, 4 TD​
    HB Justice Hayes: 31 Att, 96 Yards​
    WR Jerald Robinson: 8 Rec, 122 Yards, 2 TD​
    ROLB Desmond Morgan: 10 Tackles, 6 TFL, 4 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    QB Andrew Hendrix: 47/75, 687 Yards, 8 TD, 2 INT​
    HB Amir Carlisle: 35 Att, 175 Yards, TD (leads team with 11 rec, 255 Yards, 3 TD)​
    WR Davonte Neal: 11 Rec, 177 Yards, 2 TD​
    LE Stephon Tuitt: 5 Tackles, 5 TFL, Sack​
    -------------------------------- Rankings --------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WR Marqise Lee: 6 Rec, 146 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] HB Brandon Wilds: 29 Att, 166 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] QB Kyle Boehm: 11/15, 309 Yards, 4 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Latroy Pittman: 8 Rec, 240 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Devin Smith: 5 Rec, 104 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] QB Jacoby Cheez-It (Brissett): 27/40, 608 Yards, 7 TD, 2 INT​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Alumni Stadium​
    Chestnut Hill, MA​
    They've faced off 3 times, the last time was in the 2009 Emerald Bowl where USC was victorious 24-13
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Autzen Stadium​
    Eugene, OR​
    First time these two teams will play
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    California Stadium​
    Berkeley, CA​
    Besides the history here in redshirts, they've met 32 times and are tied 16-16 all-time. Cal currently rides a 7 game streak in the series.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Stanford Stadium​
    Stanford, CA​
    Only a 6 game history and they're tied 3-3 with Stanford winning the last 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Bryant-Denny Stadium​
    Tuscaloosa, AL​
    First time they'll play
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    Another first time match up (don't know about redshirts history)
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    5 game history, last meeting was in 2008 with Missouri being victorious. Missouri also holds the series 2-3.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Commonwealth Stadium​
    Lexington, KY​
    The last time Kentucky beat Florida was 1987, in the 62 meetings, Kentucky has only won 17 times
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Camp Randall Stadium​
    Madison, WI​
    4 game history with Wisconsin leading the series 3-1
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ryan Field​
    Evanston, IL​
    They've squared off 7 times, Northern Illinois' closest taste of victory was in 1987 where the two teams tied, but the other 6 meetings have been Northwestern victories
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ohio Stadium​
    Columbus, OH​
    Never met (not including redshirts history)
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Notre Dame Stadium​
    South Bend, IN​
    One of the deepest rivalries in all of college football, with Michigan leading 20-15 and the Irish's last victory was in 2008.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 27 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 24 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 31 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 38 - 34 [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Northwestern Survives Scare

This game served as a stark reminder that NW can take nothing for granted in this season. Coming into the game, nobody took much notice of this game between two Illinois directional schools, even with NW sneaking all the way up to #15 in the polls as they sat back and watched the rest of the college football world play actual games the first 4 weeks of the season. There were definite concerns of rust due to the long lay off coming into this, but those were quickly dispelled as NW took the ball first and immediately marched down the field, beautifully mixing the run and pass throughout. New QB Trevor Siemian looked great as he completed all 5 of his passes on the drive, including a 15 yard TD to Kyle Prater to end the drive. At this point, NW got a little too comfortable, assuming they would be able to march up and down the field all game. It didn't take long to learn that wasn't going to be the case.

The NW D was able to stop NIU's offense on their first possession, giving the ball back to Siemian and the offense. This time, the offense stalled out though, and NIU took the ball on a solid drive that ended in a 30 yard FG. Their QB broke off a few big 1st down runs on broken plays, a theme that came up throughout the game. NIU again stuffed the NW offense, and again went on a strong drive that they capped off with a brilliant option play, where the QB got the D to bite on him and pitched perfectly, and the HB took it 14 yards for the score to go up 10-7. The NW O began a great drive in an attempt to answer, but Siemian got overly excited as they reached the endzone, and threw a boneheaded pick to kill the drive. Fortunately, the NW D decided to take things into their own hands, and stuffed the RB in the endzone for a big Safety to make it 10-9 and that score held through the half.

The 2nd half started slowly for both teams, as nobody could sustain a decent drive early on. Finally, Northwestern got moving and Siemian found Kyle Prater again on a 34 yard go route that he beat the safety on. Things slowed down quite a bit from there, as the NW D stopped NIU cold on their drive, and the NW offense went into grind it out power mode. HB Trey Green stepped up big time to carry the load and wear down the D with consistent 4 & 5 yard carries to grind the clock all the way down to about 2 minutes as NW got inside the 10 and was content to play for the field goal, which we made to go up 19-10 with 2 to go, and felt pretty good about ourselves.

Then, the D came up with a big play to force a fumble and scoop and score to put us up 26-10 with 1:30 to go. Of course, NIU went into super mode and drove right down the field on us to score, then got the 2 to make it an 8 point game with under 5 seconds to go. They kicked an onsider, which my idiots ran into and kicked right back to NIU to give them a chance for a hail mary. Fortunately, we batted it harmlessly to the ground to preserve the victory and improve to 2-0.

Player of the Game
    Kyle Prater - 6 catches 100 yards 2 TD's
    C. Ellis MLB - 9 tackles 2 sacks 1 FF

• Like Like x 3
  9. AJ Hart MN

WTF??? Prater is still at Northwestern?

10. AJ Hart MN

Poor schreck822 though.. NIU giving you the business lol Michigan is going to whip that ass!

11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Just when I think you can't get any dumber. AJ, I'm gonna whoop your ass. Ya hear me? I don't care if we lose every other game, everything I have is dedicated to putting that worthless no good Michigan team into the crapper.

And yes, Prater doesn't want to leave, he can't get over how much better life is since he got himself out of the cesspool in LA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

BREAKING NEWS

Florida's starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett did travel with the team to Lexington. Coach Carder made the decision to leave Brissett behinds as both coach Carder and Florida await the NCAA's decision.

14. PAgamer07

He's allowed to play.. but seriously. At some point you have to say fuck-it. And just let the CPU win. Not sure what sort of records he broke, but Im sure its all of them.

15. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

5 CPU games left...24 hr??!

16. AJ Hart MN

I freaking hate Notre Dame! I played pretty damn well but key drops by my young WR's really killed me. I have no clue how some of you never lose to the cpu. I mean, that team is tough as nails and it would take a perfect game by me to beat them.

• Like Like x 3
  17. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]#20​
    2-1 (0-0) vs 2-2 (1-2)​
    9/27/14 12:30pm​
    After two consecutive loses, Stanford was looking to get back on the winning track. Colorado would be a decent opponent and was looking to pull off the upset. The first play of the game would see Barry Sanders getting tackled right after catching the screen. He would be on top of the tackler and another guy would come over to knock him to the ground the ball would come out. Colorado would recover but the booth would issue a review. The fumble on the field would be overturned. The Buffaloes would get the ball two plays later as Eric Schultz threw a pick. The Stanford defense would hold Colorado to a 22 yard field goal from Oliver. The next Cardinal drive was better as they went three and out instead of turning over the ball. Near the end of the first quarter Connor Wood would have an awful pitch that linebacker Lueders would recover on the Cardinal 34 yard line.​
    Three seconds into the second quarter Stanford would take the lead on a 17 yard touchdown catch and run by Ty Montgomery. The next drive Oliver would cut the lead to one with a 38 yard field goal. Stanford's next two drives would be three and out with their defense forcing a three and out in between the two. Colorado would go back on top with a seven yard scoring run by Jones. Schultz would respond by throwing his second pick of the game. The momentum was on Colorado's side as the very first play after the pick was a 50 yard touchdown pass to Spruce. Coach Clutch would call the stick play on third down and somehow Will Ellis was able to get behind the defense and catch the ball on the way to a 61 yard score. The defense would force a three and out. Then Phillips would add a 27 yard field goal to make the game 20-17 Colorado at the half.​
    Third quarter was pretty quiet for the most part. It would open up with the Cardinal defense forcing a three and out. This would energize the defense as they played great for the rest of the game. Midway through the quarter Eric Schultz would score on a five yard run but would strain his shoulder. The medical staff wanted to keep him out for the rest of the game but Schultz would tough it out and be back in on the next Cardinal drive. Even though he was out there the offense was now focused on the run for the rest of the quarter.​
    Phillips would get his second field goal early in the fourth with a 39 yarder. Schultz finally had to attempt a pass on third down. It was a bullet to the wide receiver for the first. Schultz must of Henry Rowengartner because he was on fire the rest of the quarter. He would only miss on two passes while collecting two touchdown throws, a 35 yard pass to Ellis and a 12 yard pass to Kodi Whitfield. Freshman fullback Curtis Carter would get the first TD of career as well in the fourth. The defense would pitch a shutout in the second half and Stanford would end up winning big 48-20.​
    [​IMG]
    C. Wood: 13/26 310-Yds 1-TD​
    T. Jones: 18-Att 62-Yds 1-TD​
    N. Spruce: 5-Rec 159-Yds 1-TD​
    [​IMG]
    E. Schultz: 22/35 315-Yds 4-TD 2-INT, 1-rush TD​
    B. Sanders: 25-Att 114-Yds​
    W. Ellis: 3-Rec 107-Yds 2-TD​

18. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

They still have Cierre Wood at running back?

19. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I think everyone but Screw & DNF has a CPU loss...

• Like Like x 1
  20. PAgamer07

Yep

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

What about me? I got by that buzz saw at NIU, 1-0 baby!

• Like Like x 1
  22. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

you_suck.gif

23. AJ Hart MN

24. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Dawson_Crying.gif