2013 (S3)- Week 6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Sep 21, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We head west for this annual rivalry. Last year the Trojans put it on Cal in a 29-9 victory. USC's caught flack the past 2 years for not living up to the hype and this game is definitely one they need again. The Trojans can't afford to lose, especially to an in-state rival. USC's jumped to #5 in the country after last week's win over Boston College. They didn't light it up on offense like everyone expected as the Eagles played solid defense but for BC, they just didn't have the fire power to match up as USC left Chestnut Hill with the 24-14 victory. Cal is still climbing and I've projected them to do that throughout the season. I have a lot of respect for their head coach and his ability to achieve a lot with a little. The Bears started conference play with a convincing win over Arizona State 38-13. Elsewhere in the Pac-12, Oregon won 38-6 over Wyoming and continue their poo schedule with San Jose State this week, an opponent that Cal blew out and with the superior talent the Duck's carry, this one could be over by the end of the 1st quarter. Stanford bounced back from the USC loss with a 48-20 win over Colorado and they'll keep conference play rolling with Washington State this week, prepare for the air raid.​
    In the B1G, Michigan did about what they needed to do against Notre Dame. With the difference in talent, Coach Hart seemed pleased with the effort & execution his team put on the field, they just couldn't take that next step to defeat the Irish as they fall 31-29. Tough loss and I know Coach Hart is a hardass but they can at least take a moral victory with this and keep their focus on what lies ahead the rest of the season. Wisconsin continues to win games somehow, they are probably the worst team in the history of college football to ever be ranked #4, the offense is putrid and the defense gives up a ton of yards, but 3 defensive pick 6's led Wisconsin to the 42-32 victory over Western Michigan. Northwestern held on to defeat Northern Illinois 26-18, closer then what everyone probably wants to see but a win is a win and they'll play Indiana this week, a team that Michigan completely shut out and in other news, Ohio State lost.... very very shocking to see when I woke up this morning. The Buckeyes hosted #21 Virginia Tech and they weren't able to protect their own turf as the Hokies left Columbus with the 20-17 upset over previously #4 Ohio State. Long season and we've seen it the past 2 years, Ohio State can win out and climb back inside the top 5 ranks.​
    Ahh and finally, the SEC, Alabama hangs on to the #1 spot with the blow out over FAU. South Carolina remains undefeated with the touchdown victory over Texas A&M. The Gamecock's are fighting for victories every week, they're winning close games but you have to think somewhere down the road it's going to bite them. They need to find away to stretch these games out and build a cushion. Arkansas bounced back from the heart breaking loss last week to Alabama, they hosted Missouri and took care of business 49-26. It's about time that Razorback defense returned to its 40+ scoring. Same for Florida, fresh off the loss to Tennessee, they got back to winning, even though it was Kentucky, a win is what the doctor ordered. They didn't suffer any hangover and I'm sure it was much closer then Coach Carder wanted but the 34-24 victory at least gives the Gators a stepping stone for the rest of the season. ​
    Now for this weeks game, can Cal match the scoreboard with the Trojans ? QB Cody Kessler still has some issues turning the ball over but the kid wins games. Cal has several question marks on offense, I think they've found their QB for the season. They need to stay healthy at running back and against USC last year they didn't do that. The abandoned the run and threw over 50 times. That will NOT get it done against the Trojan defense......​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Kyle Boehm: 35/55, 572 Yards, 5 TD, INT​
    HB Brendan Bigelow: 72 Att, 444 Yards, 6 TD​
    WR Maurice Harris: 22 Rec, 364 Yards, 3 TD​
    ROLB Chris McCain: 9 Tackles, 5 TFL​
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Kessler: 51/81, 903 Yards, 5 TD, 5 INT​
    HB DJ Morgan: 37 Att, 219 Yards, 5 TD​
    WR Marqise Lee: 19 Rec, 420 Yards, 3 TD​
    ROLB Hayes Pullard: 11 Tackles, 5 TFL, 2 Sacks​
    ------------------------------------------ Rankings ------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WR Kyle Prator: 6 Rec, 100 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] HB Brendan Bigelow: 27 Att, 146 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Marqise Lee: 7 Rec, 155 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] WR Marquel Wade: 7 Rec, 187 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] MLB Collin Ellis: 9 Tackles, 2 Sacks, FF​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Davis Wade Stadium​
    Starkville, MS​
    Florida holds a 33-19 record against the Bulldogs, as of late though no team has really dominated the series. A year or two here & there but that's about it.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Kyle Field​
    College Station, TX​
    Arkansas leads 41-23 all-time against the Aggies. A&M hasn't been in the SEC but due to the two squads locations, this was a rivalry even before they both were in the SEC. A&M has no beaten Arkansas since 2008.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Commonwealth Stadium​
    Lexington, KY​
    South Carolina leads 15-7 all-time. For some reason, the Wildcats always give South Carolina a fit. Kentucky last won in 2010.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Vaught-Hemingway Stadium​
    Oxford, MS​
    Ole Miss has only tasted victory 7 times in the 55 meetings they've endured with the last victory coming in 2003.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Big House​
    Ann Arbor, MI​
    Once, plain on 1 meeting ever in the 1984 Holiday Bowl and BYU came away victorious 24-17
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Shoe​
    Columbus, OH​
    Domination as always with this series. Ohio State holds a 63-30 record and the last time Illinois won was the upset that unfolded in 2007.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Bloomington, IN​
    45-34 the Wildcats hold over the Hoosiers. 2008 was the last victory for Indiana
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Camp Randall Stadium​
    Madison, WI​
    The two team's met twice in 2011, Michigan State won the regular season. Wisconsin won the B1G Championship. Since then Michigan State has not beat the Badgers but they do hold the series lead 30-21
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Martin Stadium​
    Pullman, WA​
    A series that started in 1936 has gone back and forth for 66 games that gives Stanford a 36-25 record against the Cougars.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Autzen Stadium​
    Eugene, OR​
    They've only battled 18 times and Oregon has somehow lost 6 times in the history of the match up, but the last wins for San Jose State was in 1982 & 1983
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Coliseum​
    Los Angeles, CA​
    USC leads 63-25 all-time and hasn't lost since 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 31 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31 - 17 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 38 - 24 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31 - 21 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 28 [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I am playing Saturday afternoon around 3.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

FIFA is out today so I won't be playing until the last minute..... On sunday :p

5. AJ Hart MN

On the bright side, I landed my 2nd 5* kid and he's a true QB. 90 THA and 88 THP.. Once Little graduates, we'll be completely changing our offense to a pro-style attack. We'll start recruiting for the change next season.

6. sonn

sonn Walk On

Sim.

7. PAgamer07

Yeah Zac was bitching big time.

Come on man! Surely you can squeeze in an hour?

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

welp, time to find a new member, Soccer should never ever go before football

• Like Like x 1
  9. AJ Hart MN

I was joking lol I'll get my game in tonight.. WIll be out of town all tomorrow.

10. AJ Hart MN

And Zac should have known better to come to Michigan to get his QB.. I don't usually lose recruiting battles and I sure as hell won't lose one to a Florida team when the recruit is from Michigan.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

I am even more upset that he isnt even gonna start next year...woulda been a 4 year starter at Florida

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

goalie.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. PAgamer07

14. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I liked everything you wrote... all the way up until the USC pick. I'm just gonna assume it was because there were no pictures of Corso picking Cal to win a game on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Bama takes care of Rival Ole Miss 51-11.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yes & no but I like how you know what I do. Ive had a few times where I pick a team just because I can't find a picture haha

17. PAgamer07

Come'on man! You can photoshop something together :)

Speaking of photoshop... love your avatar. If you get bored, make me a Lamaar Woodley one :)

18. AJ Hart MN

Michigan man right there.. What's next, a Timmons one?

19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Gators beat Bulldogs behind running game 34-14
    [​IMG]
    RB Mack Brown after his 2nd touchdown of the game
    Starkville, MS- The Florida Gators were on the road for the 3rd straight week as they traveled to Starkville to take on Mississippi State. Last week Florida was without starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett and the Gator defense bailed them out against Kentucky. Brissett was back with the team this week and has been cleared to play by the NCAA.​
    Florida won the toss and started with the ball but it was a short lived first drive as the Gators went three and out. The Bulldog offense wasn't much better as they to would go three and out. Jacoby Brissett got the offense rolling on there next drive and it didn't take long for the Gators to score as Brissett found Latroy Pittman for a 63 yard touchdown. Just like Florida's offense the Miss State offense got it going on there 2nd drive as well and marched down the field and Nick Griffin punched it in from 2 yards out to tie the game at 7 and that would be the score heading into the 2nd.​
    In the second quarter it was all Gators as they outscored Miss State 17-0 and it started with a 1 yard Mack Brown touchdown but on that drive Jacoby Brissett left the game with a mild concussion and would not return handing the reigns back to Jeff Driskel and then on the Bulldogs very next drive freshman OLB A.J Henry jumped the HB Screen picked it off and returned it 31 yards for a touchdown. Kyle Christy tacked on a field goal as time expired in the first half to give the Gators a 24-7 lead at the half.​
    After the half Mississippi State scored 1:12 into the 2nd half on a 2 yard pass to TE Malcolm Johnson to cut the lead to 24-14 early in the second half. The Florida offense would be shut out in the 3rd and after there early score the Miss State offense was shut down as well giving us a 24-14 score heading to the 4th.​
    In the 4th the Gators defense kept Miss State out of the endzone while the Gator offense tacked on 10 more points. Mack Brown scored a 21 yard touchdown with less than 2 minutes left to end any hope of a comeback miracle and give us the final score 34-14. The Gators head into a bye week but after the bye will play host to the #1 team in the nation as the Alabama Crimson Tide visit the Swamp.​
    [​IMG]
    QB: Jacoby Brissett 8-10 95 yards 1 TD 1 INT Jeff Driskel 12-20 181 yards 1 INT​
    RB: Mack Brown 28 Att 206 yards 2 TD​
    WR: Latroy Pittman 5 Rec 95 yards 1 TD​
    DEF: A.J Henry 7 Tackles 1 INT 1 TD​
    [​IMG]
    QB: Dustin Hall 10-27 114 yards 1 TD 5 INT​
    RB: Nick Griffin 22 Att 182 yards 1 TD​
    WR: Malcolm Johnson 4 Rec 33 yards 1 TD​
    DEF: Jay Hughes 6 Tackles​

20. PAgamer07

dnf913

QB Brandon Allen and TE Ross Houston are both suspended until Week 11. Knock it the fuck off.

21. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I see what you did there.

22. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

They are out the rest of the season, along with all my other starting offense. I will just play backups the rest of the season.

23. PAgamer07

[​IMG]23-28[​IMG]

Los Angeles, California: This matchup was weeks in the making, with a lot of smack talk coming from both teams. Each of the coaches was responsible for more of the talk than any of the players. But on this glorious sunny day in Southern Cal, it was time for one of these teams to put up or shut-up. From the beginning it was evident that Cal came to play. Both team's defenses really played strong to start this game as they each forced a punt. Cal would open the scoring first on a solid drive that would stall and force a FG and Cal would take the early 3-0 lead with 3:30 left in the 1st. The would again frustrate USC and force another punt. But then, the momentum would change.

WR Bryce Treggs would be wide open on a crossing route and look to make a big play. But CB Ryan Henderson would lay an absolute perfect hit on him, forcing him to fumble the ball and USC would recover. "That was a big play right there," Said Coach Rockwell. "At that point in the game the Bears had us on our heels. Although our defense was playing well, we really needed a spark for the offense." And this was a spark indeed. The Trojans would quickly score 14 points to take a 14-3 lead. HB Shane Lester would have one of the best plays you will ever see from a freshman as he took a Power-O play to the left side of the line. After being bottled up and even in the grasp of a defender, he would break the tackle and then race 49 yards for the score. "Man I don't know what happened on that play, "said Lester. "We knew their defense was soft, but they just couldn't wrap me up. And once I was gone, no one on that field can tackle me."

Cal was not done though, and WR Kenny Lawler would catch a 25 yard strike from QB Kyle Boehm with just 27 seconds left and close the gap to 14-10 at the half. The first half would show just how much both of these defenses wanted it. There was heavy blitzing on both sides of the ball and neither team was able to put the other away. With a 14-10 score at the half, someone had to get something going to break this thing wide open. USC would attempt this with a nice 22 yard pass over the LB to take a solid 21-10 lead.

Unfortunately this was not enough though, as Cal would put up 13 unanswered points. Their offense was methodical and QB Kyle Boehm would pick apart the USC secondary the rest of the game. "We have to fix our pass defense," Said Coach Rockwell. "We tried generating pressure, but after they started changing their blocking assignments there was nothing we could do." Each team would continue to trade blows, and finally late in the 4th quarter, the USC defense made a stop. They stuffed the run play on a 3rd and 1, and then on a 4th and inches, Boehm was crushed trying a QB sneak. Then, the hostility boiled over. Coach Rockwell tried to kneel the clock out, but Cal would call a time out. This was with a 5 point lead and a minute and a half left. So USC did what they could and try to ice the game, but were forced to punt. With no timeouts and 30 seconds left, Boehm would try to win this game, but his very first pass would be picked off. Ballgame.

GG ryalaman Boehm was tough, and outside of Lester's TD run there weren't any big plays. It was a tale of two halves, first half I got tons of pressure, and the second half you did. You nearly pulled this one out.

24. PAgamer07

Ok

• Like Like x 1
  25. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Badgers Battle From Early Deficit
    [​IMG]
    Madison, WI -- Wisconsin took a little while to get out of the locker rooms in this one. The Badgers opened the game with the ball and struggled heavily to get things rolling. Michigan State somehow ranked 25th with the 2-3 record came out firing on all cylinders. The defense forced an early interception from QB Joe Stave (Sta-vee, like the mexican from "The Ringer" movie). The Spartans moved right down the field after the turnover and capped off the drive on a Kevin Muma field goal to lead 3-0. On the ensuing kickoff, returner & WR Isaiah Williams got KO'd and fumbled the rock back over the Michigan State. The very next play after that, star running back Nick Hill scored on a 17 yard run and before the halfway point of the opening quarter MSU led 10-0. It didn't take Wisconsin long to answer, Stave & the Badger offense moved close to midfield and faced a 3rd down when Stave connected with WR Isaiah Williams on the 56 yard touchdown to trim the deficit. The Spartans answered right back with the legs of Hill (dude has a 96 break tackle so he ate me up) along with the arm of Connor Cook to again torch the Badger defense. Cook broke out of a sack (0:47 mark of the video below, so gay) and hit WR Keith Mumphery at the 9 yard line. After a few plays for loss, Cook connected with with WR DeAnthony Arnett for a 13 yard touchdown to lead 17-7 at the end of 1.​
    Moving past midfield to begin the 2nd quarter, Stave & Williams hooked up once more, this time from 46 yards and trailed 17-14. The Badger defense still had not learned it's lesson and were blowing coverages all over the place. Cook hit Arnett early down the sideline while the Badger corner was standing out of bounds just observing (1:06 of video) to move to midfield. RB Nick Hill shook off three more tackles on the next run to get inside the Wisconsin 25 yard line. Cook connected with back up RB Jeremy Langford (I blew the coverage w/ the LB, 1:26 mark) and Langford walked into the endzone to give Michigan State a 24-14 lead. Wisconsin kept grinding when Stave found Williams for 10 yards, a run from Melvin Gordon was good for 30 yards. On a 3rd & 4, Stave found RB Vonte Jackson to convert but Wisconsin would only settle on a Drew Meyer field goal and trail 24-17 going into half.​
    Michigan State opened the 3rd quarter with the ball, moved the chains a few times but was forced to punt. However, the Spartans opted to go for a fake and toss out to the flat to FB Trevor Pendleton, but Wisconsin was all over it (I about fucked it up 1:54). Wisconsin took over at the MSU and Stave threw into coverage but it was again Isaiah Williams on the receiving end & he somehow snagged the reception and went into the endzone to tie things up at 24. This would start a momentum swing for the Badgers, Cook kept a read option for Michigan State and moved to midfield & then he threw one up for grabs on a deep ball but league leading corner Devin Gaulden snagged the interception and was tackled at his own 30 yard line. Gaulden injured his back on the play and will miss the next 3 weeks. Wisconsin moved on the ground again through RB's Gordon & Jackson. Stave hit WR Marquise Mason to convert a 3rd down and a few plays later Vonte Jackson snuck up the gut to put Wisconsin in the lead 31-24. It wasn't long before Spartan's Connor Cook tossed another interception in the flat when CB Jenial Jean snagged the pass and housed it to give Wisconsin a 38-24 lead with 2:00 left in the 3rd quarter. The Spartans moved the ball quickly with chunk plays to WR Keith Mumphery & DeAnthony Arnett. Badger LB Jordan Keefer blew his coverage on TE Andrew Gleichart who snagged the Cook pass and ran down inside the 5 for the 32 yard gain. FB Trevor Pendelton would score a few plays later on a 1 yard touchdown to trail 38-31 going into the 4th and final quarter.​
    The Badgers moved down the field again through Jackson & Gordon trying to eat up some clock and slow the game down. Stave hit Chris Hammond for a big gain and the ground duo moved down to the Michigan State 1 yard line and eventually capped off the drive on a FB Sherard Cadogan 1 yard run to lead 45-31. In less then 30 seconds, the Spartans struck again. The Badgers ran a blitz leaving 1 on 1 coverage with no help, Cook hit WR Keith Mumphery on a curl and Mumphery broke the tackle/strip attempt from star CB Jenial Jean and Mumphery ran, ran, and ran some more before being tripped up at the Wisconsin 1 yard line. Nick Hill ran in the Michigan State touchdown on the next play to only trail 45-38. Trying to run the clock, Wisconsin kept things on the ground and converted one 3rd down to TE Sam Arneson. The Spartans used up their timeouts inside 2:00 remaining and Drew Meyer kicked a late field goal to lead 48-38. The Spartans simply ran out of time and fall to the Badgers.​
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Connor Cook: 14/27, 285 Yards, 2 TD, 2 INT​
    HB Nick Hill: 13 Att: 94 Yards, 2 TD​
    WR Keith Mumphery: 4 Rec, 122 Yards​
    RE Anthony White: 4 Tackles, 2 Sacks, FF​
    [​IMG]
    QB Joe Stave: 11/13, 269 Yards, 3 TD, INT​
    HB Melvin Gordon: 21 Att, 117 Yards​
    WR Isaiah Williams: 4 Rec, 150 Yards, 3 TD​
    CB Jenial Jean: 3 Tackles, INT TD​
    Video